How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10
If your iPhone’s memory is full or you wish to create a backup of your cherished photos, you should import all your iPhone photos to your PC.
There are several quick solutions to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. In this post, the TC team went ahead and drafted a complete guide on how to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. Here are all the simple ways to import your iPhone photos to Windows 10 in minutes.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 in 5 Ways
To import photos from iPhone to Windows 10, you have multiple options via a USB cable or wirelessly. For your ease, we are sharing the five prominent ways to transfer iPhone photos to Windows 10, including:
1. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using the Windows Photos App
The Windows Photos app or Microsoft Photos comes pre-installed on your PC. So, to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 using the Windows Photos app, you gotta first install the latest version of iTunes on your PC. To do so:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Click Help.
- Next, click on the Check for Updates option.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest version of iTunes software.
Once you have updated iTunes on your PC, you are ready to bulk transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer. Follow these steps:
- Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to your computer.
- From the Start Menu, click open the Photos app. You can type Photos in the search bar to launch the program.
- On the Photos window, click on the Import button located in the upper right corner.
- Now, select all the photos that you want to import to your PC, click on the Import to ignite the process.
- Once the process is completed, you can easily access your iPhone photos through the Windows Photos app.
2. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using File Explorer
If you want to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 without any software, you can use File Explorer. This importing process works as:
- Connect your iPhone with your PC using a suitable USB cable.
- Next, open Windows Explorer on your PC. You can also use the Windows + E keys shortcut to launch it.
- Click on the Arrow (>) located next to This PC in the menu.
- Click on your iPhone’s Name in This PC submenu.
- Double-click on the Internal Storage and then on DCIM.
- Click open a Folder that contains all the photos.
- Select a picture. You can also hold the Ctrl key to click multiple pictures simultaneously. Or, use Ctrl + A keys to select all the photos together.
- On the top of the Window, click on the Copy To and select a location to save photos from the Choose Location dropdown menu.
- Select a destination to save the photos and click Copy. Don’t unplug your iPhone until the process completes.
3. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using iCloud Photos
If you want to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 without a USB cable, you can use the iCloud Photos app. This process is something like this:
- Foremost, ensure that the iCloud Photo Library is enabled on your iPhone. For that, go to Settings > Photos > select iCloud Photos.
- Now, whenever you click a picture on your iPhone, it will automatically upload to iCloud while you are connected to WiFi.
- Next, you have to download the iCloud for Windows app on your PC. It is a free app that you can download from Microsoft App Store or Apple website.
- Once the iCloud for Windows app is installed, sign in using your Apple ID.
- Ensure to put a checkmark next to Photos and then tap on the Options button.
- Click on the iCloud Photo Library and Download new photos and videos to my PC options. Further, you can also check the Upload new photos and videos from my PC option to automatically upload photos and videos from your PC to your iCloud account.
- Click Done and Apply.
Now, whenever you are connected to WiFi, all your iPhone photos will automatically download to your PC. To retrieve downloaded photos, you have to use File Explorer (a process already disclosed above).
4. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using iCloud.com
For iCloud users, there’s also an option to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 via iCloud.com. For that:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Photos > iCloud Photos and activate it.
- On your computer, open a web browser and go to iCloud.com.
- Sign in using your Apple ID and password. If you use two-factor authentication on your iPhone, you have to enter a six digits code on your PC.
- From iCloud.com, click on the Photos.
- Now, you can access your iPhone photos library on your PC.
- From the left-hand sidebar, click on Media Type to access your iPhone photos.
- Select photos that you wish to download to your PC and then, click on the Download icon at the top of the screen.
- Your downloaded photos will appear in the Downloads folder. From here, you can move photos to the Photos folder.
5. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using Third-party Tools
You can also use various third-party tools to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. Every tool follows different directions to import pictures that you should check before using it. However, we can give you an overview by using EaseUS MobiMover:
- Connect your iPhone to PC, run EaseUS MobiMover on your PC, select the ‘Phone to PC,’, and then click on the Next button.
- Select the ‘Pictures’ only as the tool transfers all types of media files, including books, contacts, audio files, etc.
- Next, click on the Transfer button, and photos will start transferring from your iPhone to PC.
- Based on the file size, your photo transfer process will complete within a few minutes.
Can’t Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10
Despite following simple steps, if you can’t import photos from iPhone to Windows 10, you should try these solutions:
iTunes Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Not Installed
If you find the down arrow next to Apple Mobile Device USB driver name, it means that it isn’t successfully installed. And, this is the reason behind photos not importing between iPhone and PC. To fix this problem, you can manually update the driver or can download automatic driver updating tools like AVG on your PC. The tool will ensure that all your Windows 10 drivers always stay up to date.
Photos Are in HEIFs Format
iPhones support a new image format called HEIFs. If your photos end with .HEIC, you can’t access them via File Explorer on your PC. Therefore, make sure that your iPhone automatically converts HEIF photos to JPEGs before importing them to your PC. To do so, open iPhone Settings > Photos > check Automatic under Transfer To Mac Or PC.
If you have never synced your iPhone and computer before, make sure that your iPhone is unlocked before transferring photos. Enter your iOS password to unlock your iPhone for a smooth transfer.
From your iOS to your Windows 10 OS, everything needs to be updated to the latest version to smoothly import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. If you are using iTunes or any other third-party tools to import photos, also update them. Go to your system settings to check whether a new update is available for your device or not.
Check a USB Cable
Ensure that your USB cable is working properly. If there’s any crack or dust present on your USB cable, it might cause problems while connecting the iPhone to Windows 10. Additionally, if you are using a third-party cable, it can cause connection problems too. Therefore, if your original iPhone USB cable isn’t working properly, use the iCloud method to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10.
Let’s Import Photos!
So, folks, after knowing how to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 in five different ways, you are ready to import your iPhone photos. You just need to follow all the instructions to the dot, and you can seamlessly import photos.
However, if you get stuck somewhere while transferring photos, you can refer to troubleshoots we have already shared, or you can comment below. So, let’s import your iPhone photos to your PC now and keep on sharing and liking our posts.
Apple devices tend to perform seamless no matter you are on Mac, iPad, desktop or iPhone. These systems are designed meticulously to perform tasks in an effortless manner. Further, you can find all useful features built-in on your Apple device to deal with all performance issues. It helps you manage over occupied storage space, helps […]
Android device rallied the Microsoft Windows platform but for mobile devices. Similar to Windows platform which has huge customer base due to its easy and user-friendly experience, Android also enjoys the same comfort from users around the world. Due to open source platform, Android offers tremendous features to users with greater control to tweak […]
Microsoft Windows was invented to help users perform various virtual tasks seamlessly. This simple yet powerful platform offers you numerous features & functionalities to perform almost any task. In fact, it has covered a long journey from the first version of Windows 1.0 back in 1985. Today, Windows 10 offers you a potent platform to […]
Apple offers some potent computing machines in the form of Mac. Mac offers numerous useful features & functionalities for seamless performance. You can invest into these machines for improved user experience and power packed features. Despite having a reputation of powerful and potent machines still, Macs are not immune to some basic computer problems. These […]