How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10
If your iPhone’s memory is full or you wish to create a backup of your cherished photos, you should import all your iPhone photos to your PC.
There are several quick solutions to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. In this post, the TC team went ahead and drafted a complete guide on how to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. Here are all the simple ways to import your iPhone photos to Windows 10 in minutes.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 in 5 Ways
To import photos from iPhone to Windows 10, you have multiple options via a USB cable or wirelessly. For your ease, we are sharing the five prominent ways to transfer iPhone photos to Windows 10, including:
1. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using the Windows Photos App
The Windows Photos app or Microsoft Photos comes pre-installed on your PC. So, to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 using the Windows Photos app, you gotta first install the latest version of iTunes on your PC. To do so:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Click Help.
- Next, click on the Check for Updates option.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest version of iTunes software.
Once you have updated iTunes on your PC, you are ready to bulk transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer. Follow these steps:
- Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to your computer.
- From the Start Menu, click open the Photos app. You can type Photos in the search bar to launch the program.
- On the Photos window, click on the Import button located in the upper right corner.
- Now, select all the photos that you want to import to your PC, click on the Import to ignite the process.
- Once the process is completed, you can easily access your iPhone photos through the Windows Photos app.
2. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using File Explorer
If you want to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 without any software, you can use File Explorer. This importing process works as:
- Connect your iPhone with your PC using a suitable USB cable.
- Next, open Windows Explorer on your PC. You can also use the Windows + E keys shortcut to launch it.
- Click on the Arrow (>) located next to This PC in the menu.
- Click on your iPhone’s Name in This PC submenu.
- Double-click on the Internal Storage and then on DCIM.
- Click open a Folder that contains all the photos.
- Select a picture. You can also hold the Ctrl key to click multiple pictures simultaneously. Or, use Ctrl + A keys to select all the photos together.
- On the top of the Window, click on the Copy To and select a location to save photos from the Choose Location dropdown menu.
- Select a destination to save the photos and click Copy. Don’t unplug your iPhone until the process completes.
3. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using iCloud Photos
If you want to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 without a USB cable, you can use the iCloud Photos app. This process is something like this:
- Foremost, ensure that the iCloud Photo Library is enabled on your iPhone. For that, go to Settings > Photos > select iCloud Photos.
- Now, whenever you click a picture on your iPhone, it will automatically upload to iCloud while you are connected to WiFi.
- Next, you have to download the iCloud for Windows app on your PC. It is a free app that you can download from Microsoft App Store or Apple website.
- Once the iCloud for Windows app is installed, sign in using your Apple ID.
- Ensure to put a checkmark next to Photos and then tap on the Options button.
- Click on the iCloud Photo Library and Download new photos and videos to my PC options. Further, you can also check the Upload new photos and videos from my PC option to automatically upload photos and videos from your PC to your iCloud account.
- Click Done and Apply.
Now, whenever you are connected to WiFi, all your iPhone photos will automatically download to your PC. To retrieve downloaded photos, you have to use File Explorer (a process already disclosed above).
4. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using iCloud.com
For iCloud users, there’s also an option to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 via iCloud.com. For that:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Photos > iCloud Photos and activate it.
- On your computer, open a web browser and go to iCloud.com.
- Sign in using your Apple ID and password. If you use two-factor authentication on your iPhone, you have to enter a six digits code on your PC.
- From iCloud.com, click on the Photos.
- Now, you can access your iPhone photos library on your PC.
- From the left-hand sidebar, click on Media Type to access your iPhone photos.
- Select photos that you wish to download to your PC and then, click on the Download icon at the top of the screen.
- Your downloaded photos will appear in the Downloads folder. From here, you can move photos to the Photos folder.
5. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using Third-party Tools
You can also use various third-party tools to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. Every tool follows different directions to import pictures that you should check before using it. However, we can give you an overview by using EaseUS MobiMover:
- Connect your iPhone to PC, run EaseUS MobiMover on your PC, select the ‘Phone to PC,’, and then click on the Next button.
- Select the ‘Pictures’ only as the tool transfers all types of media files, including books, contacts, audio files, etc.
- Next, click on the Transfer button, and photos will start transferring from your iPhone to PC.
- Based on the file size, your photo transfer process will complete within a few minutes.
Can’t Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10
Despite following simple steps, if you can’t import photos from iPhone to Windows 10, you should try these solutions:
iTunes Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Not Installed
If you find the down arrow next to Apple Mobile Device USB driver name, it means that it isn’t successfully installed. And, this is the reason behind photos not importing between iPhone and PC. To fix this problem, you can manually update the driver or can download automatic driver updating tools like AVG on your PC. The tool will ensure that all your Windows 10 drivers always stay up to date.
Photos Are in HEIFs Format
iPhones support a new image format called HEIFs. If your photos end with .HEIC, you can’t access them via File Explorer on your PC. Therefore, make sure that your iPhone automatically converts HEIF photos to JPEGs before importing them to your PC. To do so, open iPhone Settings > Photos > check Automatic under Transfer To Mac Or PC.
If you have never synced your iPhone and computer before, make sure that your iPhone is unlocked before transferring photos. Enter your iOS password to unlock your iPhone for a smooth transfer.
From your iOS to your Windows 10 OS, everything needs to be updated to the latest version to smoothly import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. If you are using iTunes or any other third-party tools to import photos, also update them. Go to your system settings to check whether a new update is available for your device or not.
Check a USB Cable
Ensure that your USB cable is working properly. If there’s any crack or dust present on your USB cable, it might cause problems while connecting the iPhone to Windows 10. Additionally, if you are using a third-party cable, it can cause connection problems too. Therefore, if your original iPhone USB cable isn’t working properly, use the iCloud method to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10.
Let’s Import Photos!
So, folks, after knowing how to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 in five different ways, you are ready to import your iPhone photos. You just need to follow all the instructions to the dot, and you can seamlessly import photos.
However, if you get stuck somewhere while transferring photos, you can refer to troubleshoots we have already shared, or you can comment below. So, let’s import your iPhone photos to your PC now and keep on sharing and liking our posts.
Introduction People interested in creating video-based content can use many apps for their work. Some are useful, a few for editing, while others provide specialized functions like teleprompting, etc., all of which contribute to making engaging videos. For example, EaseUS RecExperts is a good choice for recording diverse videos for streaming sites and other platforms. […]
Introduction YouTube is one of the most well-liked and popular platforms, and many users post their videos easily. However, one must edit the videos well for better engagement with viewers and increase the follower base. Here, using the best editing software for YouTube is important. To note, there are multiple options available, some with standard […]
Introduction Nowadays, traveling from one location to another is very easy to handle, with multiple modes of travel available to people. One can take the road or sea route or fly safely via airplane to their destination. However, ensuring that the trip goes without any issues can sometimes become challenging, or even knowing the progress […]
Introduction Windows operating systems come with many high-quality software configurations, some pre-built for Windows OS while some not. One notable software is Android Studio, which is highly related to Android app development. It comes equipped with many tools and features necessary for creating robust Android apps. You can download and do Android Studio setup in […]
Introduction Windows offers a wide range of highly functional features in each of its versions, like the Snipping Tool. With this application, one can capture and save screenshots on Windows 11/10 and even edit them easily. However, this tool is not always stable. Some issues can affect its functionality, like damaged system files, outdated Windows […]
Introduction No matter what type of content creator one is, protecting their work is a priority for all. With apps like EaseUS Todo Backup, it is possible to safely store one’s files like images. However, that does not protect the pictures from getting shared online without the creator’s express permission. Thus, many people want to […]
Introduction Many platforms require password verification to access the site, like Gmail. While this site is relatively safe to use and comes with strong password protection support, some users can have privacy concerns. Another problem that prompts users to reset passwords is if they forgot your password email. In the context of security, you can […]
Introduction Do you want to be a Ruby programmer? It is hard to find a coding language that you want to make your forte nowadays. Maybe you have stumbled across Ruby, maybe you have worked with Ruby before. Here is a guide for you to become a certified Ruby programmer! There are a few certifications […]
Introduction With a vast library of eclectic video content, high-quality resolution, and free video streaming benefits, YouTube is highly popular globally. However, some users can notice problems in functionality while operating the app. One prominent one is the audio renderer error Windows 10/11 message that comes up due to certain functional defects. Typically, this prompt […]
Introduction Windows 11 has many strong features and tools that focus on ensuring strong OS performance. However, like others, it is not always safe from certain system issues, like bad drivers, malware problems, or bug-based errors. At this point, you can use third-party software like IObit Driver Booster to fix specific problems like defective drivers. […]