How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10
If your iPhone’s memory is full or you wish to create a backup of your cherished photos, you should import all your iPhone photos to your PC.
There are several quick solutions to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. In this post, the TC team went ahead and drafted a complete guide on how to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. Here are all the simple ways to import your iPhone photos to Windows 10 in minutes.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 in 5 Ways
To import photos from iPhone to Windows 10, you have multiple options via a USB cable or wirelessly. For your ease, we are sharing the five prominent ways to transfer iPhone photos to Windows 10, including:
1. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using the Windows Photos App
The Windows Photos app or Microsoft Photos comes pre-installed on your PC. So, to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 using the Windows Photos app, you gotta first install the latest version of iTunes on your PC. To do so:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Click Help.
- Next, click on the Check for Updates option.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest version of iTunes software.
Once you have updated iTunes on your PC, you are ready to bulk transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer. Follow these steps:
- Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to your computer.
- From the Start Menu, click open the Photos app. You can type Photos in the search bar to launch the program.
- On the Photos window, click on the Import button located in the upper right corner.
- Now, select all the photos that you want to import to your PC, click on the Import to ignite the process.
- Once the process is completed, you can easily access your iPhone photos through the Windows Photos app.
2. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using File Explorer
If you want to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 without any software, you can use File Explorer. This importing process works as:
- Connect your iPhone with your PC using a suitable USB cable.
- Next, open Windows Explorer on your PC. You can also use the Windows + E keys shortcut to launch it.
- Click on the Arrow (>) located next to This PC in the menu.
- Click on your iPhone’s Name in This PC submenu.
- Double-click on the Internal Storage and then on DCIM.
- Click open a Folder that contains all the photos.
- Select a picture. You can also hold the Ctrl key to click multiple pictures simultaneously. Or, use Ctrl + A keys to select all the photos together.
- On the top of the Window, click on the Copy To and select a location to save photos from the Choose Location dropdown menu.
- Select a destination to save the photos and click Copy. Don’t unplug your iPhone until the process completes.
3. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using iCloud Photos
If you want to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 without a USB cable, you can use the iCloud Photos app. This process is something like this:
- Foremost, ensure that the iCloud Photo Library is enabled on your iPhone. For that, go to Settings > Photos > select iCloud Photos.
- Now, whenever you click a picture on your iPhone, it will automatically upload to iCloud while you are connected to WiFi.
- Next, you have to download the iCloud for Windows app on your PC. It is a free app that you can download from Microsoft App Store or Apple website.
- Once the iCloud for Windows app is installed, sign in using your Apple ID.
- Ensure to put a checkmark next to Photos and then tap on the Options button.
- Click on the iCloud Photo Library and Download new photos and videos to my PC options. Further, you can also check the Upload new photos and videos from my PC option to automatically upload photos and videos from your PC to your iCloud account.
- Click Done and Apply.
Now, whenever you are connected to WiFi, all your iPhone photos will automatically download to your PC. To retrieve downloaded photos, you have to use File Explorer (a process already disclosed above).
4. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using iCloud.com
For iCloud users, there’s also an option to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 via iCloud.com. For that:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Photos > iCloud Photos and activate it.
- On your computer, open a web browser and go to iCloud.com.
- Sign in using your Apple ID and password. If you use two-factor authentication on your iPhone, you have to enter a six digits code on your PC.
- From iCloud.com, click on the Photos.
- Now, you can access your iPhone photos library on your PC.
- From the left-hand sidebar, click on Media Type to access your iPhone photos.
- Select photos that you wish to download to your PC and then, click on the Download icon at the top of the screen.
- Your downloaded photos will appear in the Downloads folder. From here, you can move photos to the Photos folder.
5. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10 Using Third-party Tools
You can also use various third-party tools to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. Every tool follows different directions to import pictures that you should check before using it. However, we can give you an overview by using EaseUS MobiMover:
- Connect your iPhone to PC, run EaseUS MobiMover on your PC, select the ‘Phone to PC,’, and then click on the Next button.
- Select the ‘Pictures’ only as the tool transfers all types of media files, including books, contacts, audio files, etc.
- Next, click on the Transfer button, and photos will start transferring from your iPhone to PC.
- Based on the file size, your photo transfer process will complete within a few minutes.
Can’t Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10
Despite following simple steps, if you can’t import photos from iPhone to Windows 10, you should try these solutions:
iTunes Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Not Installed
If you find the down arrow next to Apple Mobile Device USB driver name, it means that it isn’t successfully installed. And, this is the reason behind photos not importing between iPhone and PC. To fix this problem, you can manually update the driver or can download automatic driver updating tools like AVG on your PC. The tool will ensure that all your Windows 10 drivers always stay up to date.
Photos Are in HEIFs Format
iPhones support a new image format called HEIFs. If your photos end with .HEIC, you can’t access them via File Explorer on your PC. Therefore, make sure that your iPhone automatically converts HEIF photos to JPEGs before importing them to your PC. To do so, open iPhone Settings > Photos > check Automatic under Transfer To Mac Or PC.
If you have never synced your iPhone and computer before, make sure that your iPhone is unlocked before transferring photos. Enter your iOS password to unlock your iPhone for a smooth transfer.
From your iOS to your Windows 10 OS, everything needs to be updated to the latest version to smoothly import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. If you are using iTunes or any other third-party tools to import photos, also update them. Go to your system settings to check whether a new update is available for your device or not.
Check a USB Cable
Ensure that your USB cable is working properly. If there’s any crack or dust present on your USB cable, it might cause problems while connecting the iPhone to Windows 10. Additionally, if you are using a third-party cable, it can cause connection problems too. Therefore, if your original iPhone USB cable isn’t working properly, use the iCloud method to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10.
Let’s Import Photos!
So, folks, after knowing how to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 in five different ways, you are ready to import your iPhone photos. You just need to follow all the instructions to the dot, and you can seamlessly import photos.
However, if you get stuck somewhere while transferring photos, you can refer to troubleshoots we have already shared, or you can comment below. So, let’s import your iPhone photos to your PC now and keep on sharing and liking our posts.
While scrolling through Netflix, do you feel you’ve seen it all? Well, if that’s the case let us add some spice to it and shed new light on streaming services, gaming, Blu-rays, etc. Wondering how that would be possible? Well, using Light Mi Neo the best and pocket-friendly alternative to Philips’s sync box you can […]
We are living in an era where many platforms give you a space to create different kinds of content and there are different ways through which you can showcase your skills and talent and can earn a pretty good amount of money. You won’t be just earning money but you will also learn a lot […]
Due to recent events, the way people meet and greet has totally changed. Now, you no longer find dates or make friends in social gatherings or via mutual friends. Today, everything is virtual — from work to making new friends. Therefore, virtual dating and chat apps are getting highly popular these days. Among all the […]
Do you have a genuine reason to hack someone’s Instagram password? For instance, you want to keep an eye on your teen’s Instagram activities; your friend has forgotten his or her IG password or something else. Here if you have a legitimate reason to hack Instagram password, there are numerous legal Instagram password cracker tools […]
If you are wondering that augmented reality-based applications are still very far in the future, you are wrong. Today, AR-oriented websites and mobile applications are being developed rapidly; just look at the Apple 12 or EaseUS MobiMover websites to check mind-blowing AR effects. Additionally, users are nowadays looking for more realistic and personalized experiences from […]
Whether you want to follow the latest trends or wish to engage with your Instagram followers, IG Reels can help you with everything. But what if Instagram Reels are not working for you? Sounds scary! But it is possible. Despite Instagram being one of the most popular photos sharing platforms, it still faces numerous technical […]
Wireless earbuds are hot items these days, especially after Apple’s AirPods popularity. Now, to stimulate the wireless connectivity industry, xFyro has also introduced new ANC earbuds. The company claims to develop fully waterproof, 8-hour long battery life and superior HD sound quality powered with AI-technology earbuds. The product seems amazing from the company’s briefing, but […]
We’d like to welcome you to The Elder Scrolls Online’s Nightblade leveling guide! The build is intended to assist anyone who is upgrading a Nightblade in order to become a Magicka damage dealer. This isn’t a typical “leveling procedure,” but rather a structure that shows some of the most common constructions for this role. This […]
Apple TV is one of the finest streaming devices available, supporting SD, HD, and 4K resolutions. But why should you get it? Let’s find out! Apple just upgraded the Apple TV 4K, which means you can now view models from 2017 and 2021. But what is the difference and is it worthwhile to upgrade from […]
If one thing associated with Covid-19 outbreak that made life easier for people is evolution in video & digital platforms. Working and studying from home has seen a surge in demand for more quality videos. Recorded lectures, presentations, and other forms of video content are easily available now in HD quality, thanks to video editing […]
Subtitles have established a track record as significant parts of videos. In addition to several benefits, they keep viewers comprehensively immersed in videos. While subtitles pilot viewers who can grasp the audio of a video, captions are regrettably different. Regardless, subtitles dictate an all-around video experience for all audio-visual audiences. But how can you perform […]
Are you bad at managing finances? Do you often overspend your monthly budget? Then, no need to worry! As you can appoint a personal financial advisor to help you out. No, you don’t need to spend thousands on hiring a financial advisor. Simply open your smartphone and download the best personal finance apps on it. […]
Many Mac users encounter the problem of disk space shortage sooner or later. But, how exactly does space run low on Mac devices? Take a look at the visual representation of disk storage space on your Mac. You’ll see a bar with several differently colored sections notifying you what portion of memory is occupied by […]
Do you want to get more likes, comments, and reshares on your social media posts? Then, simply create memes! That’s because everyone loves to laugh and have a bit of fun on social media. Plus, people remember sarcastic and realistic posts better than promotional or serious posts. Additionally, you don’t need to hire a professional […]
Digital marketing, or the modern version of marketing, is much different from the traditional methods. Unlike the latter, the former saves both time and money. And in conjunction with modern tools such as VPNs, it transcends geographical boundaries and expectations to deliver the best results. For instance, you can reach out to your audience in […]