How to Fix Start Menu not Working in Windows 10
Recently, due to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709, many users have faced that the Start Menu is not working at all. Sometimes, there may be other reasons too. When this type of problem occurs the first thing ping to our mind is that this might be the worst Operating System. But that’s not true, this is one of the best Operating Systems we have ever used. Also, you don’t need to worry because there are several ways to fix this problem.
Start menu not working in Windows 10?
Don’t stress your nerves, there are several ways to resolve the start menu not working crisis-
1.Re-login into your account
If the Start Menu is not working then this method is one of the best and the quickest methods to apply.
Steps to Re-login into your account: –
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del buttons simultaneously.
- Tap on Sign Out
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key combination again and insert your credentials (if any).
- You will log in again and your problem should be solved.
2.Create a new local account
This method could possibly end your trouble. But before heading with this method you should always back up your settings and files.
Steps to create a new local account: –
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Then click on File and tap on ‘Run new task’
- A dialog box appears saying ‘create new task’
- Type in ‘Powershell’ and put a check mark on ‘Create this task with administrative privileges’.
- Click on the OK button.
- On the Powershell Window, insert net user NewUsername NewPassword /add in the box.
- Restart your computer.
- Log in with the new user ID and password created.
3. Uninstall third-party antivirus software
In your system, if the Start Menu is not working appropriately then you should perhaps uninstall third-party malware software. To do so, the user needs to follow these steps: –
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Then, click on Setting > Apps > Apps and Features.
- Click on the Uninstall button to uninstall your installed antivirus.
- Check if the problem is fixed or not.
4. Launch a hidden Taskbar
We can apply this solution when the Windows button is not working or it is not visible on the taskbar or the whole taskbar is not visible.
Steps to launch a hidden taskbar-
- Press the Windows logo button and ‘I’ together.
- Tap on Personalization > Taskbar.
- Click on ‘Lock the Taskbar’ option.
- Also, check on ‘Automatically hide the taskbar’.
- Check if the Windows button is working or not.
5. Restart Windows Explorer
Restarting the Windows Explorer is one of the smart moves to fix the start menu not working in Windows 10 bug.
Steps to Restart Windows Explorer
- Simultaneously, press Alt + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Tap on more details if it is collapsed.
- Select the ‘Processes’ tab on the top of the window.
- Select ‘Windows Explorer’ and then click on the ‘Restart’ button.
- After completion of the process, close the Task Manager.
6. Update Drivers
Sometimes, the start menu not working problem emerges when the drivers of your PC get outdated. So, to fix this problem, update the graphics and audio drivers.
Steps to update drivers
- Open device manager, through the taskbar search box or you can press (Win + R), type ‘devmgmt.msc’, and press enter.
- Right-click Sound, video and game controllers category from the list and right click on device to select Update Driver.
- Tap on Search automatically for updated driver software to let Windows search and install all latest driver updates on your PC automatically.
- Alternatively, select Browse my computer for driver software and locate and install driver software manually from your device storage.
Note: Before you browse for latest driver software on your PC, you need to download it from manufacturer’s website.
If you can’t find an updated driver, you can also try using Smart Driver Care to update all outdated drivers automatically.
7. Restart Your Computer
After updating your computer’s drivers, if the problem is still unsolved then you should probably try to restart your device. This is one of the basic methods to fix any issue. To restart your PC, press Alt + F4 simultaneously or Click on the Start button and click on the ‘Power’ option. Then select the restart option from the dropdown menu to restart your computer.
8. Run SFC SCANNOW
The next option is one of the most preferred options. SFC SCANNOW is a System File Checker command that fixes corrupt files and settings and restores the computer in proper state.
- Press (Win + R) to open the Run command box.
- Type ‘CMD’ and press enter to open the command prompt.
- Type SFC SCANNOW and press enter.
- You can also try another command DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH
- to scan and restore a healthy image of the computer. This command enables the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) tool. DISM Online Cleanup command can fix errors that even SFC command couldn’t fix.
9. Reset Your Device
If none of the above methods worked to fix your Start Menu problem then you should Reset your PC. This is the most effective solution to solve this issue. This feature will delete all your saved files, apps, and settings. Hence, we recommend you take a backup before doing so. In Windows 10, you can reset your system by using Recovery options.
The Start Menu not working in Windows 10 is a very common bug to fix. Above all the shared methods are the best-selected methods. Therefore, users can try any of them according to their convenience. You can comment below if you are facing any other issue pertaining to the Start Menu. Please give your feedback so that we can serve you better.
Is Bluetooth on Windows 11 giving issues? You have come to the right place. In this post, we will discuss how to fix Windows 11 Bluetooth not working. Generally, the Bluetooth problems are caused due to some software issues, but they can also be related to hardware malfunctioning. Therefore, before we get into details, let […]
Are you facing connectivity issues? Follow these instructions to reset network settings on your Windows 11 and fix the connectivity problems. The network settings on the PC manages internet connectivity. However, in some cases, due to outdated network adapters and incompatible configuration issues like slow connection and dropped connection, no wireless connectivity occurs. If you […]
As the cybersecurity needs of users are growing, Bitdefender has come up with comprehensive Internet security software that is designed to keep you safe 24/7. Bitdefender Internet Security is a one-stop solution for all your security needs. We’ve got a chance to test this powerful tool and to check its compatibility with other security solutions […]
Is Microsoft’s digital assistant bothering you? Do you want to uninstall it? You’ve come to the right place; here, we will explain removing Cortana on Windows 11. Although Microsoft doesn’t give a straightforward way to uninstall it, there are still ways. Why Uninstall Cortana? It is not like Microsoft’s cloud-based digital assistant; Cortana takes too […]
Technology is advancing at an alarming rate, with most people jumping onto the new trend without fully understanding what these advancements entail or the consequences. It is also a widely known fact that many people do not read the terms and conditions of the new apps. So, the following seven apps will help you keep […]
Most students find it hard to write a comprehensive academic essay within the given timeframe. It becomes quite challenging and equally stressful to complete the assigned task, especially when the deadline is near. However, there are certainapps for writing essaysthat will help you deliver top-quality assignments. Best Essay Writing Apps to Improve Writing Skills There […]
Today’s security professionals have become familiar with the idea that every organization has an attack surface that describes its global exposure to threats against internal and cloud applications, devices, users, and data. The attack surface grows as greater connectivity, cloud applications and myriad new types of device are adopted as an organization expands its digital […]
Worldwide, more and more people are doing what they can to protect themselves and their data. Considering we live in a world that is so connected, with everything from work to our social lives and entertainment happening online, protection is a must. Staying safe online isn’t as difficult as you think either; it just requires […]
Finally, iOS 15 is now available to download, and it has brought many surprises along. The biggest iOS 15 surprise is that now Apple users can FaceTime with non-Apple users. Yep, you no longer need to use Zoom or Microsoft Teams to make video calls. Instead, Apple has allowed people to join a FaceTime call […]
We all want to secure our remote access for daily needs & projects. But how to get it done is a big question. Using a VPN this problem can be easily solved as it creates an encrypted tunnel to secure network connection. Acronym for Virtual Private Network (VPN) hides IP addresses allowing users to navigate […]
Are you looking for the best lead generation software? Then don’t look for the tool that can boost your sales or customer base. In fact, search for the tool that can integrate your CRM software for better KPIs and analytics. Lead capture software can do a lot more than improving your sales or traffic. It […]
Be it product branding or marketing; labels play a significant role in selling a product. In fact, the label helps to distinguish your products from others. Therefore, the designing and printing of your product label need to be perfect. And for this, we will talk about the best 5 label designing and printing software in […]
The following apps are tops. They have become popular with Android, so if you’re on the lookout for good and useful applications, it may be that you have a few of these apps already. There are many amazing apps for Android in the market but a few outshine the rest. Just about everyone finds these […]
While scrolling through Netflix, do you feel you’ve seen it all? Well, if that’s the case let us add some spice to it and shed new light on streaming services, gaming, Blu-rays, etc. Wondering how that would be possible? Well, using Light Mi Neo the best and pocket-friendly alternative to Philips’s sync box you can […]
We are living in an era where many platforms give you a space to create different kinds of content and there are different ways through which you can showcase your skills and talent and can earn a pretty good amount of money. You won’t be just earning money but you will also learn a lot […]