Last updated on September 15th, 2020 at 04:43 pm
What Is The Windows Registry?
All the applications used in the Windows operating system need some user settings to be stored. Windows registry is a database containing all settings, options for both software and hardware available in the operating system. Settings of each program will be stored in subkeys created in the registry during the installation of the program.
The seamless working of the registry can be ensured with the aid of the best registry cleaners for Windows.
|CCleaner Professional Plus||Auslogics Registry Cleaner||Regclean Pro|
|Can provide faster computer|
Capable of protecting your privacy
Active system monitoring
Advanced registry cleaning options
|Compatible with almost all types of Windows OS|
Capable of searching a variety of registry issues
Can create groups with the detected errors
Automatically creates backups
|Ability to scan and repair all registry entries|
Can merge the fragmented files of the registry
Creates backup before resolving an issue
Better optimization capacity
What Causes Broken Registry Items?
There are various reasons for the failure of registry. Some of the most common reasons are explained below.
Registry may sometime fail due to the inclusion of harmful entries like Trojans, Viruses, Spyware, Adware, and Malware. While installing several applications, some files of the software will remain in the registry as Orphan keys. These files will affect the performance of the registry.
How To Fix Broken Registry Items?
The errors in the registry can be resolved using any one of the following techniques.
- Backup and Restore the registry entry.
- Scan the registry with a system file checker.
- Resolve the errors with the help of the best registry cleaner software.
Useful Suggestion to Back Up The Computer
The best way to treat the registry errors is to create a backup of the entries which can be restored replacing the corrupt registry. This can be done with the following steps.
Step 1: Invoke the run tab from the start menu.
Step 2: Type (regedit.exe) in the run tab.
Step 3: Right-click on the ‘Computer’ option available on the top left-hand side of the registry window.
Step 4: Select the Export option to create a backup of the registry entry.
Step 5: Assign a name to the backup file and save it in system storage.
Registry cleaners for Windows
When the disputes with the registry entry cannot be rectified with the above-mentioned proceedings, it’s advisable to rely on some of the free or paid registry cleaner software available on the web sources.
This page will brief about best registry cleaners for Windows and their features.
This registry cleaner for PC is the best solution that can be availed online for registry-related issues. This best registry cleaner is available as a freeware with limited features and a paid version with all features. The application is capable of ensuring privacy and can increase the processing speed of the computer safely.
The free version of the software will offer privacy protection with application usage management. Whereas the paid version is equipped with the software updater, automatic update and PC cleaning options. The free version of this tool is sufficient to clean the registry and other temporary entries.
- Can provide faster computer
- Capable of protecting your privacy
- Active system monitoring
- Advanced registry cleaning options
- Active support to resolve registry issues
- Capable of repairing registry files
- Increases the boot speed of your PC
- Can clear lot of disk space
- Limited trial period
- Lack Of Customization features
Auslogics registry cleaner is reliable registry cleaner software that can effectively optimize the registry for errors. To access the full version of the software with extended options downloading a paid pro version is mandatory. This software ensures registry security and cleans the unwanted residual files of the registry.
Also, the registry repair software can quarantine the registry errors and can solve the registry issues. You can also use this tool to speed up boot process. Moreover, the performance of the system can be increased with periodical cleaning of residual and unwanted files.
- Compatible with almost all types of Windows OS
- Capable of searching a variety of registry issues
- Can create groups with the detected errors
- Automatically creates backups
- Advanced scanning options
- Simple and easy to use interface
- Faster scans
- Advanced registry editor
- Poor tutorials and tips
- No multi-language support
3. Regclean Pro
This desktop software is one of the free registry cleaners for Windows that can be availed from any of the reliable online sources. This application can examine the status of the registry and optimize the same for any issues. When the registry scan is done, the registry repair software will provide a report with all errors encountered and their effects on system performance.
- Ability to scan and repair all registry entries
- Can merge the fragmented files of the registry
- Creates backup before resolving an issue
- Better optimization capacity
- Ensures uninterrupted usage of your PC
- Reduce system errors
- Faster computer performance
- Clear up more space to store registry files
- Limited trial version options
- The free version can fix only 15 errors
As the name suggest, this software is wise in its operation and clears and secures registry effectively. This genuine registry cleaner for Windows 10 and earlier versions can be downloaded online for free. The wise registry cleaner is available as a standard free version and paid pro version with additional features. Apart from scanning and cleaning registry this efficient registry repair application can also create a backup of the registry and can restore the same.
- Can be used to clear registries of multiple users
- Effective solves registry issues
- Ability to create restoration points while fixing errors
- Scheduled registry cleaning
- Cleans the system down to the bottom
- Secured cleaning functionality
- Variety of options and features
- Continuous customer support
- Can make an unwanted change to your system setting
- Requires frequent reboots
This advanced registry cleaner for PC could be availed and used for cleaning the unwanted junk files. Iobit software also assists in registry optimization. This app is capable of boosting up the internet speed by clearing the temporary files along with other unwanted files. The computer system enabled with this genuine application will enjoy elevated performance speed with the error-free operation.
- Capable of scanning and cleaning junk files
- Turbo boost option can speed up your process
- Optimizes the system startup
- Secured operation
- Improved competitive features
- Low price
- Enhanced private data security
- Increases internet connectivity speed
- User has to enable some features manually
- Can slow down your PC
Price: Advanced System care: Free
Advanced System care pro: $19.99
This awesome software can clean and optimize the operating system. Users can scan the entire system or they can choose files and folders of their choice for cleaning. This software will eventually delete the unwanted junk files available in the physical memory of the computer. Also, backup of registry files can be created for future restoration.
- Ultimate ability to clear registry entries created by browsing
- Enhances the Windows performance
- Clear the unwanted temp files
- Formulate ideal network setting
- Enhanced variety of modules
- Easy user-interface
- Can optimize your Windows settings
- Simple registry cleaning option
- Not suitable for all OS versions
- Presence of minor bugs
This free registry cleaner software is an efficient tool to enhance the performance of the system by removing unwanted file entries. This software can be assigned to operate automatically or can be accessed manually. Previous repairs and corrections made by the software can be reviewed by using Action keys available in the main interface of the software.
- Can identify invalid paths and files
- Removes Adwares and spyware available in the registry
- Locates and removes dead file extensions
- Elaborate scan with the brief result
- Creates backup file automatically
- Detailed registry analysis
- Improves system stability
- Safe scanning engine
- Cannot improve network connectivity speed
- No unique futures available
This free registry scanner is a competent tool used in resolving registry errors and in discharging unwanted junk files from the system memory. Argente application is provided with a wizard-based user-interface which enables users to perform registry scans manually and automatically.
- Compatible with multiple Windows OS
- Ability to restore registry files
- Can elevate and maintain the performance level of the system
- Faster system repairs
- Extended dual analysis mode
- Can retrieve the lost data
- Automatic backup options
- Automatic maintenance mode
- Poor user-interface
- Don’t have scheduled scanning option
This register repair software offers a simple interface with scheduled scanning and automatic backup features. Jet Clean is the free registry cleaner for Windows 10 one-click scanning capabilities. The application is available for 32-bit as well as 64-bit versions for various operating systems.
- One-click operation
- Capable of cleaning Windows file
- Enhance the PC boot and program startup speed
- Terminates unwanted programs
- Available as a portable version
- Can identify registry issues
- Scheduled scanning
- Creates registry backups
- Creates toolbar along with the software
- More number of cookies
Price: JetClean is free to download
AML is a cost-free registry cleaner for Windows 10, that can perform registry cleaning fast and smooth. Apart from registry files other junk files can be identified and cleared by this application. Also, the scanning can be customized as per the user requirements.
- Capable of monitoring the startup programs
- Extensive ability to locate and remove junk files
- Extendable file types
- Availability of free additional tools
- Simple User-interface
- Inbuilt additional tools
- Can exclude files from registry scan
- Suitable for almost all Windows OS
- Cannot create automatic backup
- Slower scanning options
Cleaning the registry is a necessary operation to be done to ensure the smooth operation of the operating system. When the junk file is accumulated in the system it will reduce the speed of operation which can be avoided by clearing the registry periodically.
This page will provide the reader with an enhanced view of different means and methods to scan and clear the unwanted registry entries. A detailed overview of the best registry cleaner and free registry cleaner is provided in this forum. Different registry cleaner for Windows versions is enumerated with download links.