How to recover permanently deleted files in windows 11?
Windows 11 is the leading operating system that is used on multiple systems globally. Many times users have the issue of recovering the permanently deleted files in Windows 11. There can be multiple reasons that may lead to the permanent deletion of files on this operating system. The good news is that technology helps the user to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 11 quickly.
Top scenarios leading to data loss in Windows 11:
Let us have a quick look at the top scenarios that may lead to data loss in Windows 11 before going to the top ways to recover the files. These are:
- Software issues: Any issues or bugs in the software on Windows 11 may cause the entire operating system to stop working without giving them time to save the data.
- Hardware malfunction: Many times, the hardware, like external storage devices, may malfunction without any intimation that may permanently delete files stored on them.
- Malware: Out of all possible malware attacks, ransomware attacks are common on Windows 11 that causes encryption on files and demand money for decryption.
- Data corruption: Multiple software and hardware issues may cause the file to become corrupted and hence impossible to open. This may lead to the permanent deletion of files on the system.
- Unpredictable disasters: Natural disasters like lightning or sudden accidents like liquid spillage on the device may permanently cause your system to lose important files.
- Wrong upgrades: The upgrades to the recent versions may permanently lose the files if not done correctly.
- Human errors: Windows 11 is highly intuitive and accessible to all users. Hence, the chances are high that the user may choose possible delete any file with ease.
Top ways to recover permanently deleted files on Windows 11:
While acting quickly without wasting time is the secret to restoring the permanently deleted files, the following are the best ways to recover the permanently deleted files:
Recovering files using Undo Delete
Undo feature on Windows 11 can take any action back on this operating system, including the delete. It is helpful to undo the last action only and is not possible for restoring the files deleted in a row.
- Keep the folder from where the files are deleted in focus.
- Press CTRL + Z on your system; that is the shortcut for Undo Delete.
- The other way is to right-click at any place on the screen and select the Undo Delete option from the list.
Recovering files with third-party data recovery software
It is easy to go for the third-party data recovery software if the Windows 11 system doesn’t have a backup. There are many data recovery software available in the market that works more or less in the same way to receive the permanently deleted files in Windows 11.
- Start by downloading and installing any Windows recommended third-party recovery software.
- Launch the software and complete the initial setup.
- It is easy to select the storage device and search for the lost data to recover the desired files.
Recovering files without third-party software using Command Prompt
Command-line tools like CHKDSK and ATTRIB can be used to repair corrupted files that can’t be located or opened. CHKDSK is an important command-line tool that can be accessed from Command Prompt or storage device properties.
- Press the Win + X and select the Windows Terminal option.
- Type chkdsk “letter assigned to the storage device on the system”: /r
- Click Enter and wait for the CHKDSK to scan and repair the storage device.
- Launch File Explorer on the system.
- Go for the This PC from the locations list in the left sidebar.
- Select the storage device that needs repair and right-click to select properties.
- Go to the Tools tab and select the Check button.
- Press the Win + X and select the Windows Terminal option.
- Type in: attrib –h –r –s /s /d ““letter assigned to the storage device on the system”: \*.*
- Press Enter
Recovering files from a cloud backup using OneDrive
It is easy and quick to recover the deleted files from OneDrive. The simple steps for the same are:
- Visit https://onedrive.live.com/
- Login to the account with Microsoft email address and password details.
- Select the files needed to restore and click the Download button.
The alternative way is to go for the OneDrive application on the system. The simple steps for the same are:
- Click the OneDrive icon in the system tray and click the Sign-in option.
- Login with Microsoft email address and password.
- Select the location of the OneDrive folder and complete the initial setup process.
Recovering files from a Recycle Bin
The recycle bin of Windows 11 is redesigned from the Windows 10 version that allows the users to undelete recently deleted files without any other software. It allows the recovery of files that are deleted by a single click only. The simple process to do so is:
- Go to the desktop and double-click the Recycle Bin icon on the screen.
- Select the files that you want to recover from the Recycle Bin.
- Right-click on the selected file and choose the Restore option.
- It is easy to drag and drop the selected files to the desired location.
Recovering files using the File History feature
The file history feature backs up the files stored in music, videos, desktop, pictures, and documents folders only. Hence, it is possible to recover the permanently deleted files stored in any of these folders even if these are not in the recycle bin of the system. The quick steps for the same are:
- Go to the start menu and type in the Control panel to launch the control panel option.
- The next step is to navigate to the System and Security> File History
- It is easy to click the Restore personal files option in the left sidebar of the file history option.
- It is easy to go back to find the backup copy of the desired file to recover.
- Select the backup copy of the file from the list and go for the green recover button.
Recovering files from an older backup
The backup and restore feature of Windows 11 is derived from Windows 7 and it takes the system image of full copy of all drives that are necessary for Windows to run. Hence, it becomes easy to recover the files from the image.
- Launch the Settings app on the system.
- Go to the System> Recovery
- Go for the Restart now button.
- Go to Troubleshoot> Advanced options> See more recovery options> System image Recovery and select the system image backup.
Recovering files using Microsoft’s Windows file recovery tool
It is easy to download Windows file recovery tool from the Microsoft Store. It easily recovers the multiple file formats that may be permanently deleted from the Windows 11 system. It doesn’t have a graphical interface and is controlled using a Command Prompt only. The syntax of Windows file recovery tool is:
winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/ mode] [/ switches]
The quick steps to recover the deleted file using Windows file recovery are:
- Go for the Win + x and go for the Windows Terminal option.
- Type the below command to recover the documents folder on C drive to E drive. It can be done by routing the path to any other folder also.
winfr C: E: /regular /n \Users\<username>\Documents\
A quick guide to protect files on Windows 11:
After having a look at the top eight ways to recover permanently deleted files on Windows 11, there are a couple of quick ways to protect all files on Windows 11. These are:
- It is ideal to be double sure before hitting the delete button on Windows 11 or downloading the suspicious attachments or links in emails. It eliminates the possible chances of deleting essential files due to human error.
- It is ideal to go for the local backup or store the files back up on external storage devices like a hard disk. It can be further facilitated by configuring a backup tool like File History that automatically backups the file at specific times.
- It is ideal to use OneDrive for cloud backup that is Microsoft’s file hosting service offering free 5 GB of data to the user.
- It is ideal for keeping the Microsoft Defender enabled at all times on Windows 11 that protects against the loss of data due to viruses or malware. It is enabled by default and is Microsoft’s antivirus software.
Hence it is nothing to worry about recovering the permanently deleted files in Windows 11. After having a quick guide to protect files on Windows 11, it becomes easy to manage all the files confidently and work effortlessly on this operating system.
Timelines are an excellent method for displaying sequential listings of activities from start to end. It is a visual display of information that includes lists, charts, or visuals. A timeline is written down and organized in the same chronological sequence. A timeline is a smart method to condense information and better explain your brand using […]
Almost every Mac software includes the option to implement an “Undo,” that would be, to overturn the previous action. Similarly, practically every single Mac software offers the capability to “Redo,” that would be, to completely upend the most recently undone operation. The Mac shortcut keys for doing Undo as well as Redo have always been […]
Internet connectivity is a mandated requirement for many routine works on Windows 10 systems. Whether it is some official work or personal work, having a smooth internet connection is important for both. However, internet connectivity is not so smooth for all Windows 10 users. This is due to multiple reasons like geographical issues, increased traffic, […]
Windows 11 offers the ultimate experience to the users and comes with multiple features. Hence, all devices require an updated version of Windows for seamless operations. Many times a user has to go to purchase the costly Windows 11. Due to the cost constraints, it is not feasible for all Windows users to purchase the […]
The finest encryption software enables keeping your files private and safe for security considerations, as well as protecting them against intrusion. When it relates to securing your data and documents, encryption software seems to have become increasingly vital. Hacking attempts and privacy breaches have made it simpler for total strangers to access the most private […]
Have you often pondered how to display your desktop on whether you’re a Windows 11,10 user or recently updated towards the beta windows version 11? It is a question that almost all of us have asked. Using a display capturing app is the most straightforward approach to record a screen. And TweakShot is one of […]
Windows 11 is the leading operating system that is used on multiple systems globally. Many times users have the issue of recovering the permanently deleted files in Windows 11. There can be multiple reasons that may lead to the permanent deletion of files on this operating system. The good news is that technology helps the […]
Are you looking for a way to save movies on DVD, Blu-ray discs and share them with loved ones? You are at the right place; we will share steps to burn DVDs on Mac. Need of Burning Movies to DVD In pursuit of moving users to iCloud, Apple, for some years now, has been moving […]
The world is changing. Along with the hustle and bustle, the way we perceive and adopt education is also evolving. Students don’t have to struggle as much in the olden days. Yes, they are more occupied and have deadly deadlines, so these tools are in the store for them to cope with the pressure! Mindnode […]
Plagiarism in papers can spoil your grades in college. Every student understands that it is a grave mistake and can leave them with zero. Therefore, it is a must to run a plagiarism checker on the document after you have done it. Below are given five top plagiarism tools you can reliably use for improved […]
A player’s first point of call with a new video game is its name. As such, a well chosen name can be a decisive factor in whether a title achieves commercial success or ends up in the bargain bin. The stories as to how different games get their names are as varied as the imaginary […]
Indeed, Programming Language is the main essential for pretty much every discipline whether it be Web Development, Machine Learning, Data Science, or some other. Every programming language has a huge demand in the programming field. In this article, you’ll find about the top 10 programming languages of 2021. Specifically, beginners firmly need to consider a […]
For people with color vision disabilities and vision loss, to make things easy and help them deal with issues while working on a PC, Windows 11 provides built-in color filters. So, if you are looking for a way to use color filters, follow through with the step-by-step instructions and learn how to use color filters […]
Take your YouTube stream to the next level in your living room. Are you happy with YouTube being a snack-sized place for videos? Or do you want to make it more than that? If your answer is yes, we know how you can make more out of it and make YouTube a substantial entertainment resource […]
Removing bloatware from Windows 11 is not impossible. If you know the correct instructions, it is as easy as 1-2-3. This article will explain everything clearly, thus helping get rid of bloatware from Windows 11. To begin with, we will learn how to remove bloatware using the traditional Uninstall function. Best Ways to Remove Bloatware […]