Last updated on September 22nd, 2020 at 02:52 pm
DATA is an invaluable thing in the digital world of 2020. Any kind of data loss is a severe setback and comes with only one question: “How do I recover my files?”. Loss of data can cause serious issues personally as well as professionally. Data recovery software works as a lifeline to retrieve deleted, formatted or lost data.
This article lists down the best data recovery software for Windows, with their powerful features. The list contains both free as well as paid software options that are secure and give high-speed performance.
Best Data Recovery Software for Windows
Recuva Professional is an advanced paid data recovery software developed by Piriform. It helps recover deleted files from Windows PC, memory cards, external hard drives, USB sticks, and other rewriteable storage devices.
- It comes with an easy to use interface.
- Recuva Professional works as a superior file recovery software to recover all kinds of lost files such as pictures, videos, documents, music, emails, etc. Also, unsaved word documents can be restored using Recuva.
- It has great flexibility and enables hard drive recovery from extensively damaged or newly formatted disks.
- Recuva comes with an advanced deep scan mode that finds traces of deleted files.
- Recuva’s secure overwrite feature uses military standard techniques to delete the files permanently.
- Its preview feature allows viewing of discovered files for recovery.
Price: Recuva Professional is available for $19.95.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best free data recovery software for quick and reliable recovery of not just accidentally deleted files but also data from damaged or formatted hard drives. This makes it a powerful file recovery software.
- EaseUS has a simple and user-friendly interface.
- It can recover more than 1000 types of files for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, archives, and other files.
- EaseUS can be used not only for deleted and formatted recovery but also is useful for different data loss situations like virus attack, system crash, OS crash, partition loss, hard drive crash, etc.
- It supports reasonably good RAW partition recovery.
- EaseUS provides flexible scanning modes like Quick Scan and Advanced Deep Scan.
- It provides a preview of recovery results to ensure efficient recovery.
- For paid users, EaseUS has high-quality remote assistance with specialists to ensure a higher rate of data recovery.
Price: EaseUS provides a free version that can recover up to 2 GB of data for Windows OS. For extra recovery capacity, there are paid editions: Pro ($69.95), and Pro+WinPE ($99.90), that come with added functionality.
MiniTool is a free data recovery software for Windows to recover lost data and deleted files and folders from different data loss scenarios.
MiniTool is one of the few data recovery software that enables retrieving files and folders from SSDs (solid-state drive), besides traditional storage media like hard disks, flash drives, memory cards, etc.
- It has a simple and easy to use interface.
- MiniTool can recover data from deleted or damaged partition along with restoring lost data from PC, external hard drive, USB, memory card, etc.
- It allows recovering data from CD/DVD.
- It has a solution for digital media data recovery, manage disks and partitions, align SSD partition, migrate OS to SSD, etc.
- MiniTool provides two options for scanning: Quick Scan and Full Scan.
- It has comprehensive partition recovery features. For the best user experience, it comes with powerful features like Disk Benchmark and Space Analyzer. MiniTool has the ability to continuously scan partitions one after the other, but once the scanning starts, it cannot skip the bad sector.
- MiniTool Partition Wizard Free helps users to manage disks and partitions, align SSD partition, migrate OS to SSD, clone disk, etc.
- It supports file preview for an efficient file recovery process.
Price: The free version of MiniTool for Windows can recover up to 1GB, while the paid version ($129) has no limit on the amount of data recovered. Recovering files from a Windows server is only available in versions with a business license.
Wise Data Recovery Pro can recover lost and deleted files in case of accidental recovery, formatted drive, virus attack or a system crash. It can work with a hard drive, external hard drive, USB drive, memory card, or other storage media.
- Wise Data Recovery Pro performs fast scanning with the help of its advanced algorithms.
- It shows the details and recoverability of the files before starting the recovery process. It comes with indicators for data quality of the files.
- It can recover more than 1000 types of files for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, and other files.
- It provides convenient search filters, for example, one can use keywords to search for recoverable files and choose recovery file types before scanning.
Wise Data Recovery Pro allows recovering individual files, or entire folders at once.
Price: Wise Data Recovery Pro is available for $67.46 for an annual subscription.
IObit Undelete is a free and powerful data recovery software for Windows. It allows to safely restore deleted and lost files such as documents, videos, graphics, music, and more.
- Simple and straightforward interface. It does not require advanced knowledge.
- It offers a complete target scan for scenarios when a user isn’t sure about the disk or drive of the lost files. This feature retrieves inaccessible or hidden files automatically.
- IObit evaluates file status before recovery. After complete scanning, the status of the lost file is demonstrated. Excellent, good and poor represent whether the file can be restored normally or has been overwritten.
- It is completely safe to use and is supported by a trustworthy company, IObit.
Also Read: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files
Auslogics is one of the powerful file recovery software for Windows PC. It helps to recover accidentally deleted files or documents from computer hard drives, USB storage drives, memory cards.
- Auslogics File Recovery has an easy-to-use interface.
- It can recover almost all types of files for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, etc.
- It offers two options for scanning: Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
- Auslogics File Recovery provides advanced filters to sort the deleted files. Furthermore, it allows to preview items from the search results and recover only the files that are actually needed.
- Auslogic Recovery allows creating an image of system hard drive using the Disk Image tool.
- The powerful built-in File Shredder tool securely deletes confidential files permanently.
- Using the Disk Wiper tool, Auslogic Recovery wipes the free space on a disk drive to ensure that all deleted files are deleted permanently.
Price: Auslogics File Recovery trial version comes with a limit to recover a maximum of 10 files per scan, each of which can be no larger than 100KB. However, the full version comes for $25.46 for 1 Year subscription for 3 PCs.
Advanced Disk Recovery is one of the most advanced data recovery software that helps to retrieve lost or deleted documents, photos, videos, audios, and other files from Windows PC, USB, SSD, memory card, formatted hard drive, and other storage media.
- Advanced Disk Recovery is a reliable and easy-to-use file recovery software developed by a respected technology provider, Systweak.
- It provides effective scanning with its Quick Scan and Deep Scan modes.
- It can recover almost all types of files for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, etc.
- Advanced Disk Recovery provides customized filters to sort the deleted files. Also, it allows previewing files before actually recovering them.
- It comes with advanced algorithms and hence, has a fast scanning speed.
Price: Advanced Disk Recovery is available for $39.95 for an annual subscription.
RecoverIt by Wondershare is one of the best data recovery software for Windows to recover lost, deleted, formatted and even corrupted files.
- RecoverIt Data Recovery can recover more than 1000 types of files for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, and other files.
- It comes with an advanced video recovery feature where it scans, gathers and matches the fragments of the corrupt videos, to ensure video repairing.
- It enables hard drive recovery by creating a bootable drive to start up a crashed PC and access data.
- It provides free file scan and previewing of the file details before starting the recovery process.
- A unique feature in Wondershare allows to pause and resume the recovery process or scanning at any point in time.
Price: The Standard Edition of Wondershare is available at $69.95.
Disk Drill is undoubtedly the most powerful and popular data recovery software for Windows.
- It has a modern user interface and powerful recovery features.
- Disk Drill is capable of recovering files like videos, music, documents, and even more advanced formats.
- It comes with multiple scan options: Quick Scan and a powerful Deep Scan.
- Disk Drill has additional data loss prevention functionality: Recovery Vault. It keeps a backup reference to all deleted files.
- Guaranteed Recovery keeps a copy of each file moved to a previously selected folder, for example, the Recycle Bin.
- Disk Drill allows users to create image files in the form of ISO, IMG or DMG files. This functionality is highly important in forensic science.
- Disk Drill helps to recover whole hard disk partition.
- It provides filtering options to find files efficiently.
Price: Free version allows 500MB of data recovery for Windows at no cost. Disk Drill Pro version ($89) provides users with unlimited recovery.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Photos on Android
iCare Data Recovery is a free data recovery software for Windows to retrieve lost or deleted documents, photos, videos, audios, and other files. It stands out as an easily accessible hard drive recovery software because of its faster and unlimited file recovery from wrongly formatted drives, virus attacks, system crashes, etc.
- It works as a comprehensive solution for data recovery from Windows PC, memory cards, external hard drives, USB sticks, etc.
- iCare Data Recovery is the best raw file system recovery software to recover and repair raw file system.
- It is an easy and fast file recovery software.
CrashPlan is an enterprise-level cloud based backup and data recovery software for Windows.
- It is an easy-to-use, smartly priced data loss protection software.
- CrashPlan combines data backup with file recovery. It makes full, detailed backups of the machine starting with the newest files first.
- CrashPlan backups are fully encrypted to ensure security.
- CrashPlan stores deleted files.
Price: CrashPlan is available for $10.00 per month per computer.
The internet is loaded with hundreds of file recovery software. It becomes really challenging to find the best data recovery software for Windows. A good hard drive recovery tool should be easy to use and work comprehensively for partition recovery. The above list has some great options for paid as well as free data recovery software thus answering the most common question: “How do I recover my files?”.
Cover Image Source: Stellar