10 Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 2021
DATA is an invaluable thing in the digital world of 2021. Any kind of data loss is a severe setback and comes with only one question: “How do I recover my files?”. Loss of data can cause serious issues personally as well as professionally. Data recovery software works as a lifeline to retrieve deleted, formatted or lost data.
This article lists down the best data recovery software for Windows, with their powerful features. The list contains both free as well as paid software options that are secure and give high-speed performance.
Best Data Recovery Software for Windows in 2021
Recuva Professional is an advanced paid data recovery software developed by Piriform. It helps recover deleted files from Windows PC, memory cards, external hard drives, USB sticks, and other rewriteable storage devices.
- It comes with an easy to use interface.
- Recuva Professional works as a superior file recovery software to recover all kinds of lost files such as pictures, videos, documents, music, emails, etc. Also, unsaved word documents can be restored using Recuva.
- It has great flexibility and enables hard drive recovery from extensively damaged or newly formatted disks.
- Recuva comes with an advanced deep scan mode that finds traces of deleted files.
- Recuva’s secure overwrite feature uses military standard techniques to delete the files permanently.
- Its preview feature allows viewing of discovered files for recovery.
Price: Recuva Professional is available for $19.95.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best free data recovery software for quick and reliable recovery of not just accidentally deleted files but also data from damaged or formatted hard drives. This makes it a powerful file recovery software.
- EaseUS has a simple and user-friendly interface.
- It can recover more than 1000 types of files for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, archives, and other files.
- EaseUS can be used not only for deleted and formatted recovery but also is useful for different data loss situations like virus attack, system crash, OS crash, partition loss, hard drive crash, etc.
- It supports reasonably good RAW partition recovery.
- EaseUS provides flexible scanning modes like Quick Scan and Advanced Deep Scan.
- It provides a preview of recovery results to ensure efficient recovery.
- For paid users, EaseUS has high-quality remote assistance with specialists to ensure a higher rate of data recovery.
Price: Starts from $99.95
Auslogics is one of the powerful file recovery software for Windows PC. It helps to recover accidentally deleted files or documents from computer hard drives, USB storage drives, memory cards.
- Auslogics File Recovery has an easy-to-use interface.
- It can recover almost all types of files for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, etc.
- It offers two options for scanning: Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
- Auslogics File Recovery provides advanced filters to sort the deleted files. Furthermore, it allows to preview items from the search results and recover only the files that are actually needed.
- Auslogic Recovery allows creating an image of system hard drive using the Disk Image tool.
- The powerful built-in File Shredder tool securely deletes confidential files permanently.
- Using the Disk Wiper tool, Auslogic Recovery wipes the free space on a disk drive to ensure that all deleted files are deleted permanently.
Price: Starts from $25.38
MiniTool is a free data recovery software for Windows to recover lost data and deleted files and folders from different data loss scenarios.
MiniTool is one of the few data recovery software that enables retrieving files and folders from SSDs (solid-state drive), besides traditional storage media like hard disks, flash drives, memory cards, etc.
- It has a simple and easy to use interface.
- MiniTool can recover data from deleted or damaged partition along with restoring lost data from PC, external hard drive, USB, memory card, etc.
- It allows recovering data from CD/DVD.
- It has a solution for digital media data recovery, manage disks and partitions, align SSD partition, migrate OS to SSD, etc.
- MiniTool provides two options for scanning: Quick Scan and Full Scan.
- It has comprehensive partition recovery features. For the best user experience, it comes with powerful features like Disk Benchmark and Space Analyzer. MiniTool has the ability to continuously scan partitions one after the other, but once the scanning starts, it cannot skip the bad sector.
- MiniTool Partition Wizard Free helps users to manage disks and partitions, align SSD partition, migrate OS to SSD, clone disk, etc.
- It supports file preview for an efficient file recovery process.
Price: Starts from $105.02
Wise Data Recovery Pro can recover lost and deleted files in case of accidental recovery, formatted drive, virus attack or a system crash. It can work with a hard drive, external hard drive, USB drive, memory card, or other storage media.
- Wise Data Recovery Pro performs fast scanning with the help of its advanced algorithms.
- It shows the details and recoverability of the files before starting the recovery process. It comes with indicators for data quality of the files.
- It can recover more than 1000 types of files for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, and other files.
- It provides convenient search filters, for example, one can use keywords to search for recoverable files and choose recovery file types before scanning.
Wise Data Recovery Pro allows recovering individual files, or entire folders at once.
Price: Wise Data Recovery Pro is available for $67.46 for an annual subscription.
IObit Undelete is a free and powerful data recovery software for Windows. It allows to safely restore deleted and lost files such as documents, videos, graphics, music, and more.
- Simple and straightforward interface. It does not require advanced knowledge.
- It offers a complete target scan for scenarios when a user isn’t sure about the disk or drive of the lost files. This feature retrieves inaccessible or hidden files automatically.
- IObit evaluates file status before recovery. After complete scanning, the status of the lost file is demonstrated. Excellent, good and poor represent whether the file can be restored normally or has been overwritten.
- It is completely safe to use and is supported by a trustworthy company, IObit.
Price: Free with limited features
Also Read: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files
Advanced Disk Recovery is one of the most advanced data recovery software that helps to retrieve lost or deleted documents, photos, videos, audios, and other files from Windows PC, USB, SSD, memory card, formatted hard drive, and other storage media.
- Advanced Disk Recovery is a reliable and easy-to-use file recovery software developed by a respected technology provider, Systweak.
- It provides effective scanning with its Quick Scan and Deep Scan modes.
- It can recover almost all types of files for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, etc.
- Advanced Disk Recovery provides customized filters to sort the deleted files. Also, it allows previewing files before actually recovering them.
- It comes with advanced algorithms and hence, has a fast scanning speed.
Price: Advanced Disk Recovery is available for $39.95 for an annual subscription.
RecoverIt by Wondershare is one of the best data recovery software for Windows to recover lost, deleted, formatted and even corrupted files.
- RecoverIt Data Recovery can recover more than 1000 types of files for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, and other files.
- It comes with an advanced video recovery feature where it scans, gathers and matches the fragments of the corrupt videos, to ensure video repairing.
- It enables hard drive recovery by creating a bootable drive to start up a crashed PC and access data.
- It provides free file scan and previewing of the file details before starting the recovery process.
- A unique feature in Wondershare allows to pause and resume the recovery process or scanning at any point in time.
Price: The Standard Edition of Wondershare is available at $69.95.
Disk Drill is undoubtedly the most powerful and popular data recovery software for Windows.
- It has a modern user interface and powerful recovery features.
- Disk Drill is capable of recovering files like videos, music, documents, and even more advanced formats.
- It comes with multiple scan options: Quick Scan and a powerful Deep Scan.
- Disk Drill has additional data loss prevention functionality: Recovery Vault. It keeps a backup reference to all deleted files.
- Guaranteed Recovery keeps a copy of each file moved to a previously selected folder, for example, the Recycle Bin.
- Disk Drill allows users to create image files in the form of ISO, IMG or DMG files. This functionality is highly important in forensic science.
- Disk Drill helps to recover whole hard disk partition.
- It provides filtering options to find files efficiently.
Price: Free version allows 500MB of data recovery for Windows at no cost. Disk Drill Pro version ($89) provides users with unlimited recovery.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Photos on Android
iCare Data Recovery is a free data recovery software for Windows to retrieve lost or deleted documents, photos, videos, audios, and other files. It stands out as an easily accessible hard drive recovery software because of its faster and unlimited file recovery from wrongly formatted drives, virus attacks, system crashes, etc.
- It works as a comprehensive solution for data recovery from Windows PC, memory cards, external hard drives, USB sticks, etc.
- iCare Data Recovery is the best raw file system recovery software to recover and repair raw file system.
- It is an easy and fast file recovery software.
The internet is loaded with hundreds of file recovery software. It becomes really challenging to find the best data recovery software for Windows in 2021. A good hard drive recovery tool should be easy to use and work comprehensively for partition recovery. The above list has some great options for paid as well as free data recovery software thus answering the most common question: “How do I recover my files?”.
Cover Image Source: Stellar
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]
Correctly, get back deleted or lost pictures from the hard drive or SD card. To relive happy moments spent with family and friends we capture them, and nobody wants to lose these digital memories, right? Yet due to unforeseen situations like accidentally deleting pictures, hard drive failure, natural disaster, corrupt hard disk, and formatting the […]
Since the Internet has grown to be the main source for entertainment, socializing, news, information, and more, we hardly ever think about how it works. It is informative and helpful, however just like a physical playground, there’s scope for harm within the online world, particularly for children who may not be absolutely aware of the […]
Whether you wish to share your Macintosh with your kids, friends, or colleagues, it’s better to create a new user account to maintain your privacy. With separate Mac accounts, every person can have their own settings like application preferences, iCloud account details, and password-protect their personal data. Most importantly, the process of adding users to […]
The PDF formats have extremely important uses nowadays. One of the main reasons that pdf format is used is because it cannot be modified by others. They are easy to transfer and are commonly used in business, education, and health. We can convert a whole book and lengthy reports into pdfs. Sometimes the size of […]
Are you preparing for an IT certification course? If yes, you need to install Visual Certification Exam software in your system right away. Why? That’s because online IT course materials and certifications are available in VCE file format. So, if you have an exam coming up soon, you need a VCE suit to open the […]
Restore lost or deleted files from any storage media using Tenorshare 4DDiG. Losing important files, images, videos, or for that matter any data is no fun. It leaves us all anxious, frustrated, and stressed. What’s worse, when we don’t have a backup and the same file is urgently required. This creates panic and makes you […]