Last updated on January 26th, 2020 at 04:49 pm
FPS is one of the most popular gaming genres in the world. We had numerous classics such as IGI, Doom, COD, and many more. And, we still are being blessed with many such fabulous games. Actually, FPS games take you through a tale, where you’ll play the protagonist and mend your way through the story.
Modern technology has helped the genre by leaps and bounds, by offering amazing graphics. Now, you can enjoy high-end FPS games, which not only offer great gameplay, but also superior graphics, engaging stories, and many more. With FPS games, you get to know many memorable and iconic game characters. Anyhow, here’s out carefully compiled list of the 10 best FPS games for 2020.
Also Read : 10 Best Racing Games
Top 10 First Person Shooter (FPS) Games for 2020
Our team had spent quite an amount of time, preparing this list of some of the great games that you could play in 2020. So, please keep on reading to know about these games:
- World War 3: Developed and published by The Farm 51, World War 3 is one of the most hyped games in the recent times. It’s a multi-player FPS game, which is set in the global conflict between the major countries. The best thing about this game is, the players control how the game evolves. A lot of advanced combat techniques have been placed into this game. With interesting theme, extraordinary graphics, and unique gameplay, this game is definitely one to watch out for.
- MOTHERGUNSHIP: When the Grip Digital announced their project, MOTHERGUNSHIP, everyone in the gaming fraternity were excited. But, only a few details were available until the release. Since the game’s release, it has managed to rake up overwhelmingly positive reviews. Basically, you’ll play as solider who fights against an alien invasion. In this game, you’ll have to craft your own weapons and destroy huge alien bosses. The game is very fast-paced, which will be a treat for FPS enthusiasts.
- Dusk: With a rating of 10 out of 10 on Steam, you can already imagine how good a game Dusk is. This is a retro themes FPS game, where you’ll battle against different types of enemies. With Dusk, you can fight possessed militants, backwater cultists, and many other dark forces. The game is based on a large variety of old legends. The mystical theme makes it one of the best FPS games for 2020.
- Insurgency – Sandstorm: The second multiplayer FPS game of the list, Insurgency Sandstorm, is a team-based first person shooter game, which mostly relies on your tactical prowess. Team work is enormously rewarded in this game, so make sure that you pick the right team mates. It not only features amazing shooting battles, but also some thrilling close quarters combat as well. This game has been receiving extremely positive reviews for its realistic gameplay.
- Battlefield V: Majority of you may already be aware of this super-hit gaming franchise. Battlefield’s latest edition has been released recently. The game introduces a lot of new features. The best thing about this game is, the graphics section. With amazing locations and stunning visuals, this game takes you to places. You can choose to play either single player or multiplayer. The game also features tons of maps, so you will get enough play time.
- Overkills’ The Walking Dead: For those of you who read comics regularly, The Walking Dead should be a familiar name. The gameplay is based on 4-player multiplayer co-op missions. You’ll be hunting zombies in the fictional version of Washington D.C. The game requires you to stress your brain, since you have to plan and execute your attacks perfectly, to stop the zombie horde.
- Call of Duty – Black Ops 4: Another super-hit franchise, Call of Duty had recently released the 4th edition of their famed Black Ops series. The game brings a lot of new features with it, as you can now play multi-player missions along with Battle Royale as well. If you’re bored with Fortnite and PUBG, COD Black Ops 4 will definitely offer you a fresh experience. The graphics and game play of this game are excellent.
- Fear the Wolves: A battle royale first person shooter game, which is set in the radio-active locations of Chernobyl, Fear the wolves is one of the best FPS games for 2020. In this game, you will have to compete against the other players, and combat mutants, anomalies, radiation, and many more horrific elements. If you like playing games that feature dark and horror theme, you must try out this game.
- Deep Rock Galactic: Are you a fan of Sci-Fi themes first person shooting games? If yes, you should try Deep Rock Galactic. This game is very fast-paced, as you have to move forward, killing hundreds of space monsters. It’s a co-op shooting game, where a team can consist of one to four members. You’ll play the game as a space dwarf and battle different types of aliens across the galaxy.
- Evasion: Another sci-fi FPS game, Evasion is a next-gen shooting game, where you can either play solo or team up with others. But, the special part is, Evasion is a VR game. If you haven’t played a virtual reality game yet, this is the time to start with one. This game features several unique combat styles, amazing set of graphics, interesting game play, and more importantly the virtual reality.
Also Read : The 10 Best Video Games
There are tons of games being released into the market every day. But, not all of them are really good. Especially, when it comes to FPS genre, it’s quite hard to find decent games to play, which is why we’ve created this list of best fps games for 2020. If you’ve got any suggestions, please let us know by commenting below about your favorite game.