10 Best PS4 Racing Games- Opt for High-Octane Racing Adventure
Gaming is among the most popular activities for many people, and multiple options are available across devices. Among them, racing simulation, be it extreme car racing themed or arcade/cart-based games, are one of the top sub-categories.
On PlayStation PS4, users can expect a high-quality experience with these games, with detailed visuals and top-grade performance/speed. If you want to try them out, go through this list of the best PS4 racing games currently available in 2022.
10 Best Games for PS4 in 2024
Choosing the right type of game is important for the best possible racing game experience. For that, we have looked through and tried out several prominent options in the market, studying their performance, speed, and feature. Here are the top 10 PS4 racing games we found.
Race across the realistic landscapes across the borders between Mexico and the United States with this VR-incorporated racing game. It is one of the best PS4 racing games with high-quality driving simulation support for a realistic driving experience across the tracks.
There are different landscape choices available across different locations that you can opt to drive through. With the VR support, the gaming experience is nothing short of lifelike, which more people enjoy.
Compatibility: PS4, PC
Price: USD 19.99
- Original fantasy road-racing cars available unique to this game.
- Supports PS camera activation.
- High-quality VR experience with PS VR headsets.
- Choose between 40 courses across 17 locations.
- Switch between online and offline gaming for races.
- Suitable for professional-level racing game enthusiasts and new racing gamers.
- Adjust standard from basic to advanced mode.
- The gaming experience can destabilize during online gameplay.
- No free version is available at all.
2. F1- 2021
One of the best PS4 racing games to try out is F1-2022. It comes with a unique story mode for players known as Braking Point that you can opt for optimized Formula-1 racing.
Gaming enthusiasts can experience realistic motorsport racing experience here during single-play gameplay and the two-player Career mode. You can opt for racing season-based sessions like real-world racing events for a better user experience.
Compatibility: PC, PS4, PS4, PlayStation Plus
Price: USD 59.99
- Two players can opt for the Career mode gameplay.
- Use the PS4 Plus version to access online gameplay.
- Trigger effect and vibration functionality available.
- PS Plus version allows 20 players.
- Opt for the game in both online and offline modes.
- Upgrade car styles in the garage.
- Single player with practice runs and racing modes.
- To get the best functions, you have to make in-app purchases.
- Not best for younger users since it has mild language in the game.
3. Dirt 5
Opt for the Career plan with narrative-incorporated gameplay while trying out Dirt 5. There are different types of cars available here, like buggies, trucks, muscle cars, rallycross, and rock bouncers, to name a few.
You can choose the vehicle you want and the route for the game among 10 locations and begin your racing experience in a realistic visual landscape.
Compatibility: PS4, PC, Xbox Series, Stadia, Steam
Price: USD 7.38- USD 8.21
- Strong speed quality of visuals up to 120 FPS.
- Four players can participate in races.
- Optimized playground options with 70+ different tracks.
- High-quality events and real-world sponsors in Career mode.
- High-quality graphics are available.
- Supports multi-player gaming here.
- Unlock multiple rewards while racing.
- Strict age restrictions are in place.
- Cannot use it without registering for an EA account.
4. Project Cars 2
Another suitable option among the best PS4 racing games available that you should try out is Project Cars 2. Different types of routes are available for the races, and you can choose among multiple car options with realistic designs.
As for the game quality, we found this one to have a very high-quality performance with easy controls and speed adjustments.
Compatibility: PS4, PC
Price: USD 59.99+
- Wide range of racing car options, like Vintage Prototype models, G10 racing car models, and more.
- Motor-sport series and regular game types.
- Weather-based changes to visuals for optimized user experience.
- Sixty different locations with 20 additional options.
- Smooth and extremely speedy gameplay.
- Choose out of 180 cars.
- Realistic terrains for motorsport racing.
- Complex for complete beginners.
- Specific graphics, hardware, and tech support are needed on the PC.
5. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
For a fun gaming experience, the Nitro-Fueled option from Crash Team Racing is one of the best choices to try. It is suitable for adults and younger children, with vibrant animated visuals. You can opt for over 40 karts available in the game from groups like CNK, CTR, and more.
Furthermore, one can easily customize the kart’s specifications and skins. As for other options, you will get 40 tracks to choose from and play as one of 56 preset characters.
Compatibility: PS4, PC
Price: USD 34.99
- Improved CTR quality for better-mastered quality of gameplay.
- Animation-based game visuals fit for younger and older players.
- Available Beenox pack material.
- Retro content is available as an exclusive package for PS4 users.
- High-quality CTR experience.
- Full game available after opting for the Standard version.
- In-game challenges are available.
- A strong internet connection is needed for a lot of functions.
- You can customize the cars, but options are limited.
6. NASCAR Heat 4
Among the top PS4 racing games, NASCAR Heat 4 is one of the best video games for racing enthusiasts, with high-octane performance and gaming style. The sounds and visuals are high-grade, and the game comes with many user-friendly features.
You can view the track map for gaming and experience a dynamic UI. Get unlockable paint schemes, a career mode, and more driving options to test your skills.
Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7, PS4
Price: USD 5.66, Bundle- USD 19.07
- Comes with 38 different race tracks to choose from.
- Start with practice races before multi-player games.
- Change between view types from inside the car and out.
- Easily drift your vehicle during racing.
- Easily see car stats.
- Supports multi-player functionality.
- High-octane graphics for racing.
- Only three car options.
- A minimum of 18 GB of free device space is needed to use it.
7. The Crew 2
Another top racing game that people can use on PS4 game consoles is The Crew 2. It has real-world visuals of the United States, a wide-scale playground, and modern gaming features. You can choose between different vehicle types, like cars, bikes, planes, and boats.
Notably, you can customize the ride as you need and try out different tracks, including icy landscapes and coastlines.
Compatibility: PS4, PC, Xbox One, Google Stadia
Price: USD 89.99
- Visual quality upgrade for the games with Dynamic 1080p/4K support.
- Fifty tiers extra Premium and Free rewards with Motorpass feature.
- Icy tracks with strong FPS power for optimized visuals.
- Configure car settings as you increase in levels.
- A free trial option is available.
- Visually realistic gaming landscapes.
- Multiple tracks to select.
- The free version will expire from options soon.
- Upgrading to a paid plan is necessary to experience the full features.
8. Burnout Paradise Remastered
Users can expect various events and challenges while using this game. These are different routes to try out across many locations and choose from out of many vehicles. The options for cars are high-level, with many branded replicas available for digital gameplay.
Moreover, there are police car-based variations for specialized gameplay in the Paradise City landscape. You can try out the burnout bikes as well.
Compatibility: PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox (One/One X), PC
Price: USD 3.08
- Full-throttle high-resolution graphics is noticeable.
- One hundred and fifty different vehicles, including bikes and cars.
- 4K level graphics with 60 FPS quality.
- Multi-player game for around 8 participants.
- An official soundtrack is available with high-quality audio.
- Get 8 different DLC packs for extra with 10 new tracks and 100 more cars under Year of Paradise.
- Technical upgrades are available to improve visual fidelity.
- Native 4K video resolution is not supported on all game consoles.
- Need specialty Play List support first.
A fun game for beginners and pro-level players is Gravel. This focuses on having an arcade-like gaming style that users enjoy for thrill-seeking races. You can take different shortcuts and cross different obstacles during the game.
There are speed cross gaming routes between cities or take lap races in the Wild Rush option. Moreover, the cross-country racing and stadium circuit options are interesting to try.
Compatibility: PS4, PS5 (limited features), iOS, Android
Price: USD 2.99-3.99
- It includes high-quality realistic vibration quality with DUALSHOCK 4.
- Supports both offline and online gameplay.
- With PS Plus, you can add 7 more players besides yourself.
- Upgrade packs and elements with in-app purchases.
- Single-player gaming quality.
- It supports Remote Play.
- There is a demo version for free.
- During online playing, the game experience may change somewhat.
- Online-based gaming is only available if you have PS4 Plus.
10. Need for Speed Heat
Need for Speed Heat is a high-octane game that racing experts and lovers can try out for an optimized gaming experience. You will get many types of cars on the list, including iconic branded options.
For the adrenaline-fueled competition, there are modes available that you can try. Not to mention, day and night options are available for both types of racing experiences.
Compatibility: Windows 10, PS4, Xbox, EA app, Steam gaming consoles
Price: USD 49.37
- Bank Boost and REM Boost features are available.
- Multiple racing car options from brands like Lamborghini, Mazda, Porsche, Nissan, etc.
- Speed optimization for racing movements.
- Customize the car limits and quality with fine-tuning abilities.
- Both female and male characters are available to choose from.
- Works on different game consoles besides PS4, like Xbox and EA app.
- Realistic landscapes and racing car views.
- You cannot access this game on PS4 without active online title features for PlayStation Play List.
- It would help if you upgraded your plan to get three high-grade cars of KS Edition, e.g., the BMW i8 Coupe 2018.
Multiple games are available with top-grade racing simulation quality, with great speed of performance and racing cars. The ones mentioned here are some of the best in terms of software and performance quality, like Gran Turismo Sport. Use ExpressVPN for network stability and data safety while doing so with online-based racing games.
If you are curious about more such posts, check out our other topics here.
PC randomly turns off? Resolve random PC shutdowns sans overheating. Learn quick fixes—update drivers, check hardware, scan for malware, and more in this comprehensive troubleshooting guide.
Fix the frustrating Exit Code 1 crash when trying to open Minecraft. This article provides 8 step-by-step solutions to resolve the error. Learn exactly what causes the Exit Code 1 Minecraft crash and how to get Minecraft running smoothly again.
This in-depth review explores Xnxubd 2021 Frame Rate X 2 – the AI-powered video playback enhancement software that delivers 2X smoother streaming and gaming.
GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 is a common issue that prevents the Share overlay from working properly. This article provides 9 fixes to resolve error code 0x0003.
Explore a comprehensive comparison between CCleaner VS Advanced SystemCare, two leading system optimization tools. Discover their features, functionalities, and performance to make an informed choice.
Discover the top 10 CCleaner alternatives for Mac in 2023. Explore a range of efficient, user-friendly programs like CCleaner for Mac tailored for a seamless macOS experience.
Discover the top 15 free live wallpaper apps for Windows 10 & 11 PC! Elevate your desktop experience with these dynamic and stunning wallpapers. Find the perfect app to personalize your desktop.
How to fix Unknown USB Device error which is also famous as Device Descriptor Request Failed error on Windows 11 and Windows 10 PC.
When you secure college admission to pursue a degree or diploma of your choice, what often comes to your mind? Except for those who got a chance to study in a specific university due to talent, especially sports, a significant proportion of students will want to land a well-paying job, whereas a few might opt […]