How to fix USB tethering not working in Windows 11,10?
Connecting to the internet is the primary need of multiple Windows 11 and 10 devices. Systems facing issues connecting with Wi-Fi need to look for the alternatives like mobile data. With USB tethering as the key alternative to the seamless Wi-Fi connection, USB tethering, when not working, can be highly irritating and must be immediately fixed.
Let us go through the key solutions when USB tethering is not working in Windows 10. Starting with the quick definition of USB tethering and the key reasons for its not working, it is easy to make your Windows device work on USB tethering. Starting with the quick details of USB tethering.
It is the method to share cellular services with different devices like Windows 11 and 10. It allows the users to have internet connectivity on Windows 11 and 10 systems facing Wi-Fi connectivity issues. It is easy to enable internet connectivity with a USB cable on the system. Let us go through the quick steps to set up USB tethering on your Windows 11, 10 device.
How to set up USB tethering on Windows 11 and 10?
The quick steps to set up USB tethering on Windows 11 and 10 are:
- Check if the data carrier on the mobile device has enabled Wi-Fi tethering.
- Connect the mobile with Windows 11, 10 system using a USB cable. Go to the “settings,” open “network and internet,” open “Hotspot and Tethering,” and go to “USB tethering.”
- This setup creates a different network adapter in Windows 10. The system can be quickly connected to the internet.
- The tethering is successful if the device is not connected to an existing Wi-Fi connection.
Top reasons: USB tethering not working
After learning details about USB tethering, it comes down to finding the issues in the regular functioning of the mobile hotspots. Some of the problems causing issues connecting with the mobile hotspots are:
- Windows firewalls: Different antivirus software or Windows in-built firewall may hamper the seamless connection of the mobile hotspot with the device.
- Obsolete network adapter drivers: Mobile hotspots may be unable to connect with Windows 11 and 10 due to outdated network adapter drivers.
- On Bluetooth: Windows 11, 10 can’t connect to the mobile hotspot while Bluetooth is turned on.
- Enabling airplane mode: If Windows 11, 10 has airplane mode enabled, it may have been disabling all the possible wireless connections.
- IP address error: The different IP settings of the Windows 11 and 10 systems may cause USB tethering not to work properly.
Fixes: USB tethering is not working
After going through the key reasons for failed internet connection on your system, it comes down to the quick fixes for USB tethering not working in Windows 10. These are:
- Use different USB cables and ports: The faulty USB cables may cause an interruption in the seamless USB tethering. Hence, all you need to do is replace the USB cable with the new one to connect to your mobile and system. Further, using different ports while connecting USB tethering is easy to eliminate further hardware issues.
- Performing Windows troubleshooting: Windows 11, 10 offers dedicated troubleshooting for managing different issues like USB tethering. The quick steps to perform Windows troubleshooting are:
- Go to the “Start” or “Windows” icon and open the “Settings” menu.
- Select “Update and Security” from the on-screen panel.
- Select the troubleshooting option and run it to treat USB tethering issues on the Windows 11, 10 system.
- Restarting the mobile or Windows 11, 10 system: Users can get rid of the USB tethering issues by restarting the mobile and Windows 11, and 10 system. The quick steps for the same are:
- Unplug the USB cable from the mobile.
- Press the “power button” and turn it off.
- Restart the mobile and check if the issues still persist.
After restarting the mobile, it is easy to restart the system.
Launch the “start” menu.
Select the “power” icon from the bottom or top of the screen.
Restart the system.
- Activating the USB tethering option: It is essential to activate the USB tethering on your mobile device. The quick steps to activate the USB tethering option are:
- Go to the mobile’s settings.
- Go to “Wireless and Networks,” “Connections,” etc.
- Click on the “Portable hotspot” or “Tethering and portable hotspot.”
- Turn on the “USB tethering” option.
- Updating the obsolete drivers: Multiple obsolete drivers can be the reason for non-performing USB tethering. It is easy to update the drivers automatically or use dedicated software updates. Further, it is easy to go through the quick steps to manually update different drivers are:
- Go to the taskbar and open “Device Manager.”
- Select the category from different device names.
- Click on “search automatically for updated driver software” and select “update driver.”
- Turning off wireless technologies: An Wi-Fi connection may interrupt the USB tethering between devices. It is all about turning these connections off with the following quick steps:
- Go to the device’s settings.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Toggle off the “use Wi-Fi” button.
Hence, it is easy to tackle the situation of USB tethering not working on Windows 10. Starting with the USB tethering details followed by the quick reasons causing issues with USB tethering, it becomes easy to understand the seamless internet connection details.
Some quick fixes for USB tethering that are not working include restarting the mobile system, updating drivers, turning Wi-Fi off, etc. Further, activating the USB tethering on the mobile device is essential. It is easy to replace the USB ports or USB cables and troubleshoot the Windows system in quick steps.
Since its launch in 2016, WhatsApp desktop has become an internal part of the personal and professional lives of the modern population. As a result, users often need to open WhatsApp desktop to keep in touch with crucial notifications and messages without using mobile. However, this transition of WhatsApp from mobile to desktop is not […]
Most modern operating systems, like Windows 10, work smoothly on different devices. However, some errors may enter the device, which may cause it to malfunction or start creating issues with its features. For example, while every Windows 10 device offers seamless internet connectivity through Wi-Fi, users may have to face the issue of Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting […]
Web designers have been used for decades now to help companies and individuals build an online presence. They are different from programmers since they are the ones that make a website usable and don’t really deal with the code that makes it run. They can be quite expensive to hire to help you make a […]
You wrote an awesome idea in the Notes app, but when you try to access it on your Mac or iPhone, it’s gone! So, what is the reason for this? It’s primarily due to Apple Notes not syncing data between iPhone and Mac. Don’t be concerned. We faced a similar issue and were able to […]
Windows offer an in-built feature of remote desktop to allow a seamless connection between a remote PC and host system. It is widely used in remote assistance and remote working. Windows 11 and 10 users often feel the need to use a remote desktop which may create issues due to different reasons. Hence, many face […]
Introduction Gaming is among the most popular activities for many people, and multiple options are available across devices. Among them, racing simulation, be it extreme car racing themed or arcade/cart-based games, are one of the top sub-categories. On PlayStation PS4, users can expect a high-quality experience with these games, with detailed visuals and top-grade performance/speed. […]
Connecting to the internet is the primary need of multiple Windows 11 and 10 devices. Systems facing issues connecting with Wi-Fi need to look for the alternatives like mobile data. With USB tethering as the key alternative to the seamless Wi-Fi connection, USB tethering, when not working, can be highly irritating and must be immediately fixed. […]
Every app, simple or complex, goes through a specific development process. This process ensures that the app meets the client’s needs and satisfies the end user. Ultimately, each step—no matter how small—is essential to the app’s overall success. Read on for six must-do processes when building a successful application. Test the app Testing is a […]
With multiplayer games becoming increasingly popular worldwide, many game developers have focused on the Action and Adventure genres. Among these, Battle Royale games like PubG have gotten much attention, which is why Kinetic Games has released Phasmophobia, a multiplayer horror game. This game has been prereleased as an early access game, which means that specific […]
Google Chrome includes a file downloader module that allows you to download various types of files (images, documents, zips, executables, audio files, and so on) from the internet. Chrome not only downloads files but also performs a quick virus and malware scan on them. Unfortunately, the virus scan feature can begin to behave strangely and […]