How to Import and Export Chrome Passwords?
Whether you are moving to a new laptop or changing the operating system, you can import and export chrome passwords to easily log in to your different accounts.
Earlier, Chrome users had to use third-party tools to save their different passwords. With the recent Chrome development, you can export and import passwords to Chrome with a built-in password manager.
Chrome browser lets you bulk download all the passwords and upload them back again with ease. So, let’s export and import Chrome passwords now!
How to Import and Export Chrome Passwords End-to-end Process
The complete process to export Chrome passwords and then import passwords to Chrome along with deleting the exported passwords has been drafted by our technical team for your ease.
Activate Chrome Feature to EXPORT your Saved Passwords from your Old Account
The first export Chrome passwords step is to retrieve all your saved passwords from your old Google account.
- Open a new Google Chrome browser on your laptop or computer.
- On the top right corner, click on the button with your name and choose the account from where you want to export your bulk passwords.
- Enter this URL in your Chrome’s address bar — chrome://flags/#PasswordExport
- Now, you will see that you have been navigated to the experimental ‘flags’ area of your Google Chrome.
- In the Password Export row, click on the drop-down menu and select Enabled.
- Now, the export Chrome passwords feature is activated on your Chrome browser. You need to click on the Relaunch Now button or quit the X mark browser and relaunch it on your computer.
Export your Saved Passwords to your Device
Next, you have to export Chrome passwords to your laptop or computer for importing later on.
- Once your Google Chrome browser relaunches, use the same Google account (used in the first step) and go to — chrome://settings/passwords.
- At the right section on the screen, look for the “Saved Passwords” and click on the three vertical eclipses to reveal the options “Export Passwords.”
- Now, click on the “Export Passwords” option.
- Then, click on the Export Passwords on the pop-up window.
- Here, your operating system might ask permission to Export passwords to Chrome. If you are using a password to protect your computer, you have to enter your Windows password to confirm that you are using the device.
- Next, give your export file a name and then save it on your computer from where you can easily access it.
Activate Chrome Feature to IMPORT your Saved Passwords from your New Account
The export Chrome passwords process is done, and now you need to import Chrome passwords. For that, first, activate the hidden Google Chrome feature.
- Switch to your new account where you wish to import your Saved Passwords.
- Open this address into your Chrome’s search bar and hit enter — chrome://flags/#PasswordImport
- Now, you are taken to the experimental ‘flags’ area.
- Click on the drop-down menu in the Password Import row and then click on the Enabled.
- Next, you need to relaunch your Google Chrome to activate this hidden feature.
Finally! Import Passwords to Chrome
Now, you can import Chrome passwords to your new account. Based on your Chrome version, you can use the suitable “Import Passwords to Chrome” from the given two alternatives.
- On the right corner, look for the “Saved Passwords” option and click on the three vertical dots to expose the Import option.
- Click on the Import.
- Navigate and select the Saved Passwords CSV file you have exported earlier.
- Click open the file, and you will immediately see all the Saved Passwords in your new account.
Alternative Method to Import Chrome Passwords
For some Chrome versions, this method to import Chrome passwords might work:
- Create a Chrome browser shortcut on your desktop or search for Chrome using the Start menu. Then, right-click on the Chrome result and click Open file location.
- Right-click on the Chrome shortcut, click on the Send To, and next on the Desktop (create shortcut) option to create Chrome shortcut on the desktop.
- Right-click on the Chrome shortcut that you have just created and click on the Properties to open the properties dialogue box.
- In the Shortcut tab, add the following parameter at the end of the current Target path. Click Apply.
- A prompt window will appear; click on the Continue button.
- Open the Chrome browser and then open the password page by copying and pasting this URL and press the Enter — chrome://settings/passwords.
- Now, under the Saved Passwords section, click on the three vertical dots icon to see the Import option. Then, select the export CSV file and click on the Open button to import passwords to Chrome.
Delete your Saved Passwords Export File
Your Saved Passwords export file contains your personal and private information. If you don’t want the wrong person to access your passwords, you should immediately delete the CSV file from your computer. To do so:
- Navigate the file on your computer.
- Delete the file to your Trash.
- Even go to the Trash folder and permanently remove it from your computer.
That’s it! You have now successfully imported and exported Chrome passwords to your new account. Now, you can access all your Chrome passwords without any hassle.
However, if you can’t import and export Chrome passwords on your device, comment below, and our experts will shortly help you out.
The train journey is a wholesome experience. Getting to know different places, meeting new people, lazy talks, speed rush, and so much more. Now, imagine what if you get all the train experience while sitting at your home? Cool, right? By playing train games on your iOS gadgets, you can ride, drive or perform stunts […]
The simulation gaming genre is hard to ignore in 2021. A game that can lift the barrier between real life and virtual life. These games can stimulate your senses and let you live your gaming fantasies. Simulator games are a perfect combination of fun and technology that you can’t afford to miss out on. Today, […]
Are you finally ready to optimize your website? Ready to create a user-friendly website that can dramatically increase your sales? Then, you must have already gone through all the amazing A/B testing tools available in the market. You know the UX A/B testing software market wasn’t that crowded a few years back. There were only […]
Are you running an online store? Then, dispatching items, tracking deliveries, taking returns, and managing stock must give you a terrible migraine. But, not anymore! With the best warehouse management software in 2021, you can efficiently manage all warehouse operations with ease. WMS software will reduce manual labor and improve customer services in no time. […]
Are you an architect, interior designer, or just a hobbyist? You need 3D architecture software to conceptualize your building or home design ideas. Plus, do you know how quick and accurate models you can create with 3D printing? If not, let us help you find the best architecture design software in 2021. With the right […]
Billing and invoicing is a hard business. Creating invoices, sending them, and following up on unpaid bills can take up a lot of time. On the top, recurring bills and invoices can definitely lose you money without even realizing it. Billing and invoicing software are the perfect alternatives to your old accounting system. Using billing […]
Accounting is a very broad spectrum revolving around numerous financial operations. Accounts payable management is one of the crucial accounting operations to maintain a proper cash flow system. AP teams processes, records, and ensure to pay vendors on time. The accounts payable software can fully automate manual data entry work. Additionally, AP software helps with […]
Whether you are a solopreneur or a corporate leader, undoubtedly, you need the best payroll management software to smoothly run your business. HR payroll software helps in saving time, efforts and keeping your staff happy. Plus, payroll software ensures that you meet all the tax compliance. If you haven’t yet selected the suitable payroll software […]
Health is Wealth — we all know that! Unfortunately, not many people still pay attention to their medication and take their prescribed pills on time. Often work schedules and home chores take all your attention that you don’t remember to take your medicines on time. If that always happens with you, technology has invented a […]
Now that your iPhone storage is almost full and the easiest way to free up some space is to move your large files from iPhone to your Mac. Videos occupy fair share of total storage space and it is wise to move these large files to your Mac so that you give your iOS device […]