How to Import and Export Chrome Passwords?
Whether you are moving to a new laptop or changing the operating system, you can import and export chrome passwords to easily log in to your different accounts.
Earlier, Chrome users had to use third-party tools to save their different passwords. With the recent Chrome development, you can export and import passwords to Chrome with a built-in password manager.
Chrome browser lets you bulk download all the passwords and upload them back again with ease. So, let’s export and import Chrome passwords now!
How to Import and Export Chrome Passwords End-to-end Process
The complete process to export Chrome passwords and then import passwords to Chrome along with deleting the exported passwords has been drafted by our technical team for your ease.
Activate Chrome Feature to EXPORT your Saved Passwords from your Old Account
The first export Chrome passwords step is to retrieve all your saved passwords from your old Google account.
- Open a new Google Chrome browser on your laptop or computer.
- On the top right corner, click on the button with your name and choose the account from where you want to export your bulk passwords.
- Enter this URL in your Chrome’s address bar — chrome://flags/#PasswordExport
- Now, you will see that you have been navigated to the experimental ‘flags’ area of your Google Chrome.
- In the Password Export row, click on the drop-down menu and select Enabled.
- Now, the export Chrome passwords feature is activated on your Chrome browser. You need to click on the Relaunch Now button or quit the X mark browser and relaunch it on your computer.
Export your Saved Passwords to your Device
Next, you have to export Chrome passwords to your laptop or computer for importing later on.
- Once your Google Chrome browser relaunches, use the same Google account (used in the first step) and go to — chrome://settings/passwords.
- At the right section on the screen, look for the “Saved Passwords” and click on the three vertical eclipses to reveal the options “Export Passwords.”
- Now, click on the “Export Passwords” option.
- Then, click on the Export Passwords on the pop-up window.
- Here, your operating system might ask permission to Export passwords to Chrome. If you are using a password to protect your computer, you have to enter your Windows password to confirm that you are using the device.
- Next, give your export file a name and then save it on your computer from where you can easily access it.
Activate Chrome Feature to IMPORT your Saved Passwords from your New Account
The export Chrome passwords process is done, and now you need to import Chrome passwords. For that, first, activate the hidden Google Chrome feature.
- Switch to your new account where you wish to import your Saved Passwords.
- Open this address into your Chrome’s search bar and hit enter — chrome://flags/#PasswordImport
- Now, you are taken to the experimental ‘flags’ area.
- Click on the drop-down menu in the Password Import row and then click on the Enabled.
- Next, you need to relaunch your Google Chrome to activate this hidden feature.
Finally! Import Passwords to Chrome
Now, you can import Chrome passwords to your new account. Based on your Chrome version, you can use the suitable “Import Passwords to Chrome” from the given two alternatives.
- On the right corner, look for the “Saved Passwords” option and click on the three vertical dots to expose the Import option.
- Click on the Import.
- Navigate and select the Saved Passwords CSV file you have exported earlier.
- Click open the file, and you will immediately see all the Saved Passwords in your new account.
Alternative Method to Import Chrome Passwords
For some Chrome versions, this method to import Chrome passwords might work:
- Create a Chrome browser shortcut on your desktop or search for Chrome using the Start menu. Then, right-click on the Chrome result and click Open file location.
- Right-click on the Chrome shortcut, click on the Send To, and next on the Desktop (create shortcut) option to create Chrome shortcut on the desktop.
- Right-click on the Chrome shortcut that you have just created and click on the Properties to open the properties dialogue box.
- In the Shortcut tab, add the following parameter at the end of the current Target path. Click Apply.
- A prompt window will appear; click on the Continue button.
- Open the Chrome browser and then open the password page by copying and pasting this URL and press the Enter — chrome://settings/passwords.
- Now, under the Saved Passwords section, click on the three vertical dots icon to see the Import option. Then, select the export CSV file and click on the Open button to import passwords to Chrome.
Delete your Saved Passwords Export File
Your Saved Passwords export file contains your personal and private information. If you don’t want the wrong person to access your passwords, you should immediately delete the CSV file from your computer. To do so:
- Navigate the file on your computer.
- Delete the file to your Trash.
- Even go to the Trash folder and permanently remove it from your computer.
That’s it! You have now successfully imported and exported Chrome passwords to your new account. Now, you can access all your Chrome passwords without any hassle.
However, if you can’t import and export Chrome passwords on your device, comment below, and our experts will shortly help you out.
Want to access geo-restricted sites, but don’t want to get into the nitty-gritty of technicalities? You are in luck. ClearVPN is just the right VPN for you. Unlike other VPNs in the market, ClearVPN lets you choose the activity you wish to perform, not the server. This makes using both a VPN and staying secure […]
Of course, you’ve spent a lot of money for your new Mac, and we understand how it can be frustrating when you see it starts working slow or any other unusual things happen, like an unexpected crash of apps. What happened with the expensive device and how to stop and prevent this problem? In our […]
Human nature is defined as the constant struggle of man and woman to fulfill their immediate needs, wants, and desires. Once that list is achieved, we want more and in a consumer-dominated world, there is nothing better than that. You may be a fan of fast internet speeds, however, you would also need other perks […]
Identity theft – what is it and how to protect yourself? At a time when there is an unlimited amount of information available to the individual via the Internet, and the development of technology and the increasingly complex operation of the public and social life require the exchange of large quantities of data, the right […]
Blockchain technology has advanced significantly since the launch of cryptocurrency in 2008. Today, entrepreneurs in various industries have embraced its value and technological advantage, trying to appropriate it for advancing their competitive edge on the market. Besides, blockchain may open up new doors due to its dispersed and flexible nature, helping companies through transparency, privacy, […]
Are you contemplating software expansion? The complexity of programming necessitates the need for an expert programmer. While anyone can pass out as a developer, it will help if you research the leading destinations to outsource software development specialists. This article factors in everything you need to know when looking for a software developer. Factors to […]
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]