How to Import and Export Chrome Passwords?
Whether you are moving to a new laptop or changing the operating system, you can import and export chrome passwords to easily log in to your different accounts.
Earlier, Chrome users had to use third-party tools to save their different passwords. With the recent Chrome development, you can export and import passwords to Chrome with a built-in password manager.
Chrome browser lets you bulk download all the passwords and upload them back again with ease. So, let’s export and import Chrome passwords now!
How to Import and Export Chrome Passwords End-to-end Process
The complete process to export Chrome passwords and then import passwords to Chrome along with deleting the exported passwords has been drafted by our technical team for your ease.
Activate Chrome Feature to EXPORT your Saved Passwords from your Old Account
The first export Chrome passwords step is to retrieve all your saved passwords from your old Google account.
- Open a new Google Chrome browser on your laptop or computer.
- On the top right corner, click on the button with your name and choose the account from where you want to export your bulk passwords.
- Enter this URL in your Chrome’s address bar — chrome://flags/#PasswordExport
- Now, you will see that you have been navigated to the experimental ‘flags’ area of your Google Chrome.
- In the Password Export row, click on the drop-down menu and select Enabled.
- Now, the export Chrome passwords feature is activated on your Chrome browser. You need to click on the Relaunch Now button or quit the X mark browser and relaunch it on your computer.
Export your Saved Passwords to your Device
Next, you have to export Chrome passwords to your laptop or computer for importing later on.
- Once your Google Chrome browser relaunches, use the same Google account (used in the first step) and go to — chrome://settings/passwords.
- At the right section on the screen, look for the “Saved Passwords” and click on the three vertical eclipses to reveal the options “Export Passwords.”
- Now, click on the “Export Passwords” option.
- Then, click on the Export Passwords on the pop-up window.
- Here, your operating system might ask permission to Export passwords to Chrome. If you are using a password to protect your computer, you have to enter your Windows password to confirm that you are using the device.
- Next, give your export file a name and then save it on your computer from where you can easily access it.
Activate Chrome Feature to IMPORT your Saved Passwords from your New Account
The export Chrome passwords process is done, and now you need to import Chrome passwords. For that, first, activate the hidden Google Chrome feature.
- Switch to your new account where you wish to import your Saved Passwords.
- Open this address into your Chrome’s search bar and hit enter — chrome://flags/#PasswordImport
- Now, you are taken to the experimental ‘flags’ area.
- Click on the drop-down menu in the Password Import row and then click on the Enabled.
- Next, you need to relaunch your Google Chrome to activate this hidden feature.
Finally! Import Passwords to Chrome
Now, you can import Chrome passwords to your new account. Based on your Chrome version, you can use the suitable “Import Passwords to Chrome” from the given two alternatives.
- On the right corner, look for the “Saved Passwords” option and click on the three vertical dots to expose the Import option.
- Click on the Import.
- Navigate and select the Saved Passwords CSV file you have exported earlier.
- Click open the file, and you will immediately see all the Saved Passwords in your new account.
Alternative Method to Import Chrome Passwords
For some Chrome versions, this method to import Chrome passwords might work:
- Create a Chrome browser shortcut on your desktop or search for Chrome using the Start menu. Then, right-click on the Chrome result and click Open file location.
- Right-click on the Chrome shortcut, click on the Send To, and next on the Desktop (create shortcut) option to create Chrome shortcut on the desktop.
- Right-click on the Chrome shortcut that you have just created and click on the Properties to open the properties dialogue box.
- In the Shortcut tab, add the following parameter at the end of the current Target path. Click Apply.
- A prompt window will appear; click on the Continue button.
- Open the Chrome browser and then open the password page by copying and pasting this URL and press the Enter — chrome://settings/passwords.
- Now, under the Saved Passwords section, click on the three vertical dots icon to see the Import option. Then, select the export CSV file and click on the Open button to import passwords to Chrome.
Delete your Saved Passwords Export File
Your Saved Passwords export file contains your personal and private information. If you don’t want the wrong person to access your passwords, you should immediately delete the CSV file from your computer. To do so:
- Navigate the file on your computer.
- Delete the file to your Trash.
- Even go to the Trash folder and permanently remove it from your computer.
That’s it! You have now successfully imported and exported Chrome passwords to your new account. Now, you can access all your Chrome passwords without any hassle.
However, if you can’t import and export Chrome passwords on your device, comment below, and our experts will shortly help you out.
Troubleshoot common PC issues with no display output or power to peripherals. Explore nine effective solutions, ensuring a comprehensive guide to revive your system’s functionality.
Explore a comprehensive guide comparing top bulk email software to streamline communication. Discover key features, pros, and cons to help choose the ideal solution for your business’s email marketing needs.
PC randomly turns off? Resolve random PC shutdowns sans overheating. Learn quick fixes—update drivers, check hardware, scan for malware, and more in this comprehensive troubleshooting guide.
Fix the frustrating Exit Code 1 crash when trying to open Minecraft. This article provides 8 step-by-step solutions to resolve the error. Learn exactly what causes the Exit Code 1 Minecraft crash and how to get Minecraft running smoothly again.
This in-depth review explores Xnxubd 2021 Frame Rate X 2 – the AI-powered video playback enhancement software that delivers 2X smoother streaming and gaming.
GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 is a common issue that prevents the Share overlay from working properly. This article provides 9 fixes to resolve error code 0x0003.
Explore a comprehensive comparison between CCleaner VS Advanced SystemCare, two leading system optimization tools. Discover their features, functionalities, and performance to make an informed choice.
Discover the top 10 CCleaner alternatives for Mac in 2023. Explore a range of efficient, user-friendly programs like CCleaner for Mac tailored for a seamless macOS experience.
Discover the top 15 free live wallpaper apps for Windows 10 & 11 PC! Elevate your desktop experience with these dynamic and stunning wallpapers. Find the perfect app to personalize your desktop.
How to fix Unknown USB Device error which is also famous as Device Descriptor Request Failed error on Windows 11 and Windows 10 PC.