How to Import and Export Chrome Passwords?
Whether you are moving to a new laptop or changing the operating system, you can import and export chrome passwords to easily log in to your different accounts.
Earlier, Chrome users had to use third-party tools to save their different passwords. With the recent Chrome development, you can export and import passwords to Chrome with a built-in password manager.
Chrome browser lets you bulk download all the passwords and upload them back again with ease. So, let’s export and import Chrome passwords now!
How to Import and Export Chrome Passwords End-to-end Process
The complete process to export Chrome passwords and then import passwords to Chrome along with deleting the exported passwords has been drafted by our technical team for your ease.
Activate Chrome Feature to EXPORT your Saved Passwords from your Old Account
The first export Chrome passwords step is to retrieve all your saved passwords from your old Google account.
- Open a new Google Chrome browser on your laptop or computer.
- On the top right corner, click on the button with your name and choose the account from where you want to export your bulk passwords.
- Enter this URL in your Chrome’s address bar — chrome://flags/#PasswordExport
- Now, you will see that you have been navigated to the experimental ‘flags’ area of your Google Chrome.
- In the Password Export row, click on the drop-down menu and select Enabled.
- Now, the export Chrome passwords feature is activated on your Chrome browser. You need to click on the Relaunch Now button or quit the X mark browser and relaunch it on your computer.
Export your Saved Passwords to your Device
Next, you have to export Chrome passwords to your laptop or computer for importing later on.
- Once your Google Chrome browser relaunches, use the same Google account (used in the first step) and go to — chrome://settings/passwords.
- At the right section on the screen, look for the “Saved Passwords” and click on the three vertical eclipses to reveal the options “Export Passwords.”
- Now, click on the “Export Passwords” option.
- Then, click on the Export Passwords on the pop-up window.
- Here, your operating system might ask permission to Export passwords to Chrome. If you are using a password to protect your computer, you have to enter your Windows password to confirm that you are using the device.
- Next, give your export file a name and then save it on your computer from where you can easily access it.
Activate Chrome Feature to IMPORT your Saved Passwords from your New Account
The export Chrome passwords process is done, and now you need to import Chrome passwords. For that, first, activate the hidden Google Chrome feature.
- Switch to your new account where you wish to import your Saved Passwords.
- Open this address into your Chrome’s search bar and hit enter — chrome://flags/#PasswordImport
- Now, you are taken to the experimental ‘flags’ area.
- Click on the drop-down menu in the Password Import row and then click on the Enabled.
- Next, you need to relaunch your Google Chrome to activate this hidden feature.
Finally! Import Passwords to Chrome
Now, you can import Chrome passwords to your new account. Based on your Chrome version, you can use the suitable “Import Passwords to Chrome” from the given two alternatives.
- On the right corner, look for the “Saved Passwords” option and click on the three vertical dots to expose the Import option.
- Click on the Import.
- Navigate and select the Saved Passwords CSV file you have exported earlier.
- Click open the file, and you will immediately see all the Saved Passwords in your new account.
Alternative Method to Import Chrome Passwords
For some Chrome versions, this method to import Chrome passwords might work:
- Create a Chrome browser shortcut on your desktop or search for Chrome using the Start menu. Then, right-click on the Chrome result and click Open file location.
- Right-click on the Chrome shortcut, click on the Send To, and next on the Desktop (create shortcut) option to create Chrome shortcut on the desktop.
- Right-click on the Chrome shortcut that you have just created and click on the Properties to open the properties dialogue box.
- In the Shortcut tab, add the following parameter at the end of the current Target path. Click Apply.
- A prompt window will appear; click on the Continue button.
- Open the Chrome browser and then open the password page by copying and pasting this URL and press the Enter — chrome://settings/passwords.
- Now, under the Saved Passwords section, click on the three vertical dots icon to see the Import option. Then, select the export CSV file and click on the Open button to import passwords to Chrome.
Delete your Saved Passwords Export File
Your Saved Passwords export file contains your personal and private information. If you don’t want the wrong person to access your passwords, you should immediately delete the CSV file from your computer. To do so:
- Navigate the file on your computer.
- Delete the file to your Trash.
- Even go to the Trash folder and permanently remove it from your computer.
That’s it! You have now successfully imported and exported Chrome passwords to your new account. Now, you can access all your Chrome passwords without any hassle.
However, if you can’t import and export Chrome passwords on your device, comment below, and our experts will shortly help you out.
What is internet security? Internet security and network security refer to the same thing. However, internet security is slightly different from cybersecurity. In truth, it won’t be wrong to say that internet security is just but a segment of cybersecurity. It is prudent that you clearly understand the distinction between the two. By definition, […]
There are times when you’re listening to your favorite song. And when you hear the verse or chorus that you love the most, you wish you could set it as a ringtone for your iPhone. There are also times when you’re at a public place, and a phone starts to ring that sounds just similar […]
The expectations and excitement we see around artificial intelligence (AI) today are amazingly overwhelming. We’ll be talking to our computers soon. Is this so and how real is all this? As an industry student of technology, I can say that we are going through a rather interesting stage, when, on the one hand, the hype […]
Dr.Fone is a complete utility software hub. It has Data Recovery, System Repair, Screen Unlock, Phone Manager, and many other tools for iOS users. However, today, the TC team would like to share Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS) tool review with our readers and disclose many new things about the program. So, let’s check out […]
The use of computerized innovation in the medical services area has changed significantly all through the world. Consolidating software with healthcare services is so useful to the clinical area that it resembles joining two of the most impressive energies into one. As displayed during this frightful pandemic, ongoing enhancements in healthcare software can assist with […]
If you have just upgraded your macOS Monterey 12 to find your Mac is also lagging, getting stuck, or running slow, you have come to the right place. Here we will discuss quick troubleshooting tips to get your Mac back on track. Before we get into details, let us try to understand the root of […]
Data is essential for all; be it a home user or professional, all want to keep their data safe. However, due to unforeseen situations, primarily due to human error, we lose important data. This is when data recovery tools come to play. Using them, you can get deleted or missing files back. But with so […]
Is Bluetooth on Windows 11 giving issues? You have come to the right place. In this post, we will discuss how to fix Windows 11 Bluetooth not working. Generally, the Bluetooth problems are caused due to some software issues, but they can also be related to hardware malfunctioning. Therefore, before we get into details, let […]
Are you facing connectivity issues? Follow these instructions to reset network settings on your Windows 11 and fix the connectivity problems. The network settings on the PC manages internet connectivity. However, in some cases, due to outdated network adapters and incompatible configuration issues like slow connection and dropped connection, no wireless connectivity occurs. If you […]
As the cybersecurity needs of users are growing, Bitdefender has come up with comprehensive Internet security software that is designed to keep you safe 24/7. Bitdefender Internet Security is a one-stop solution for all your security needs. We’ve got a chance to test this powerful tool and to check its compatibility with other security solutions […]
Is Microsoft’s digital assistant bothering you? Do you want to uninstall it? You’ve come to the right place; here, we will explain removing Cortana on Windows 11. Although Microsoft doesn’t give a straightforward way to uninstall it, there are still ways. Why Uninstall Cortana? It is not like Microsoft’s cloud-based digital assistant; Cortana takes too […]
Technology is advancing at an alarming rate, with most people jumping onto the new trend without fully understanding what these advancements entail or the consequences. It is also a widely known fact that many people do not read the terms and conditions of the new apps. So, the following seven apps will help you keep […]
Most students find it hard to write a comprehensive academic essay within the given timeframe. It becomes quite challenging and equally stressful to complete the assigned task, especially when the deadline is near. However, there are certainapps for writing essaysthat will help you deliver top-quality assignments. Best Essay Writing Apps to Improve Writing Skills There […]
Today’s security professionals have become familiar with the idea that every organization has an attack surface that describes its global exposure to threats against internal and cloud applications, devices, users, and data. The attack surface grows as greater connectivity, cloud applications and myriad new types of device are adopted as an organization expands its digital […]
Worldwide, more and more people are doing what they can to protect themselves and their data. Considering we live in a world that is so connected, with everything from work to our social lives and entertainment happening online, protection is a must. Staying safe online isn’t as difficult as you think either; it just requires […]