How to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup on your Mac & Windows 10
Spotify is a leading music service provider that can offer an unlimited supply of legal music catalogs and online tracks. Unfortunately, it has one flaw — Spotify automatically starts when you fire up your Mac or Windows 10.
By default, Spotify is programmed to start with your computer. It is a nice feature for hardcore music lovers but equally annoying for others.
If you want to stop Spotify from opening on startup, you have multiple ways to do that on Mac and Windows. So, let’s stop your Spotify app from annoying you.
2 Ways to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup on Mac
Mac users have multiple options to stop Spotify from opening on startup, such as:
Using System Preferences
Apple lets users take control over all items through the System Preferences. Using this setting, you can stop Spotify from opening on startup on Mac:
- Go to the Apple menu located in the upper left corner and navigate to System Preferences. You can also use the Command + Space keys together and search for System Preferences through it.
- Using the System Preferences, go to the Users & Groups option. Select the Login Items tab from the right pane.
- Now, you will view all the apps that open automatically on your Mac. To alter settings, click on the Lock icon at the bottom left corner and insert your admin password.
- Once you find Spotify on the list, select the checkbox under the Hide menu to hide it. And, to remove the app, choose the ‘-‘ button at the bottom. Now, Spotify won’t start when you log in to your Mac.
Disabling Open at Login from the Dock
Apple offers access to several options from the Dock like Quit, Show All Windows, Force Quit, etc. To stop Spotify from opening on startup, click on the app icon from the app’s Dock. You can use your two-fingers or the right-click to do so.
Next, a small floating menu will appear. Click on the Options. A submenu will appear with three options — Keep in Dock, Open at login and Show in Finder. Simply uncheck the Open at Login option, and Spotify won’t bug you anymore.
2 Ways to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup on Windows 10
Windows 10 users can stop Spotify from opening on startup and consuming their time with the help of the following methods:
Enable from the Startup Menu
Once you log into your Windows 10 after the OS boots, the system will automatically load some programs in the background. You can disable these programs from the Windows Startup menu using the following steps:
- Open Run menu with Windows + R keys command.
- Next, type shell:startup in the Run search box. It will show all the programs running during the Windows startup.
- Navigate for Spotify in the list. Once you found it, right-click on it and select delete from the contextual menu. That’s it, and your job is done.
Through the Task Manager
From Windows Task Manager, you can manage all your apps with one click as:
- Click on the Windows button and navigate for Task Manager. Another way, you can use the Run menu to search for the Task Manager.
- You can see several tabs on the Task Manager tab — App History, Startup Users, Details, Process, Performance, and Services.
- Click open the Startup tab and look for Spotify from the apps list.
- Once you located Spotify, right-click on it and choose to disable it from the floating menu.
2 Ways to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup on Mac and Windows 10
There are two other ways to stop Spotify from opening on startup both Mac and Windows 10:
Directly from the Spotify App
Spotify provides the option to change the ‘launch at startup’ feature from the app settings. The app has similar user interfaces on both Windows and Mac.
- Go to the Spotify app on your computer.
- Open the drop-down menu located beside the profile icon and select Settings. Or, you can use the Command + Space key shortcut on Mac to open the Spotify Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Show Advanced Settings.
- This option will open several other Spotify options.
- Hover to the ‘Startup and Windows Behaviour’ option. There you will find the ‘Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer’ heading. Click on the drop-down menu and change behavior to No, and you are done!
Third-party Cleaning or Uninstalling Software
There are plenty of different cleaning and uninstalling software available for Mac and Windows that can help you manage login apps. Additionally, some startup time boosters can help in disabling unwanted startup services. If you want to enable other apps along with Spotify, you can get these third-party tools.
More automatic startup apps are equal to increased startup time. So, if you don’t want to use Spotify every time you log in, it’s better to stop it from opening on startup.
You can use our expert-certified six awesome steps to stop Spotify from opening on startup on Mac and Windows 10. However, for further guidance, comment below, and if you like our post, we don’t mind a few words of encouragement
How to Fix the “Network Discovery is Turned Off” Error on Windows 11/10
Introduction: Among many common Windows errors, the “network discovery is turned off” error is an annoying obstacle that disrupts your workflow. Whether you’re trying to share files, stream media, or access shared printers, encountering this error can be perplexing and disruptive. The good news is that understanding the causes and solutions for this error can […]
How to Use the New Bing With ChatGPT
Introduction: Gone are the days of sifting through endless search results. With Bing, powered with ChatGPT, you can now ask questions in plain language and receive instant, personalized answers tailored to your needs. It’s like having a conversation with a knowledgeable search assistant right at your fingertips. So, agree or not, you are definitely in […]
How to Use Split Screen on a Mac
Introduction: In today’s fast-paced digital world, maximizing productivity is the key. Period. And being able to juggle multiple tasks seamlessly is a skill worth mastering. If you’re a Mac user looking to boost your multitasking abilities, you’re in luck. Apple’s macOS offers a powerful feature known as Split Screen, which allows you to effortlessly divide […]
How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11
Introduction: In the world of productivity, every single second counts. The last thing anyone wants is to be hindered by unnecessary obstacles while using their computer. One such obstacle is the lock screen that appears every time you wake up your Windows device. Though it may appear as a minor inconvenience, those valuable seconds spent […]
How to Find Your iPhone From an Android Device?
Introduction Mobile phones are the necessary daily gadget that functions the maximum amount of work for the user and help to communicate with people. It will be a disaster if you lose your iPhone anywhere on the street or office and have no idea how to recover it. Mostly you will panic and return to […]
How to Create a Custom Map in Google Maps
Introduction You may create Google custom maps that do not appear on anyone’s page by going to maps.google.com and using one of the many available choices. You do not need specialized software to make a unique map for you or someone else. All you require is Google Maps, which enables you to create a personalized […]
How to Repair Your Own iPhone
Introduction You can consider some DIY actions if your Apple device is not functioning as it once did or if your screen or another piece of the system is physically damaged. You may repair your iPhone yourself using these suggestions. You can fix an iPhone on your own using one of two methods. Purchasing new […]
The 5 Best Gaming Laptops in 2023
Introduction Are you looking for the best laptop to play high-specification games? Technology Industries have been producing revolutionary products in gaming PCs and Laptops. People invest a tremendous amount in building a gaming pc, so it requires multiple accessories to play the game. In contrast, gaming laptops are changing the aspect of the gaming experience. […]
How To Detect And Remove Keylogger From Windows PC?
Introduction Keyloggers are a famous tool hackers use to obtain passwords and other sensitive data. All they need is access to the device to detect keylogger in Windows PC. Once set up, the keylogger will operate silently in the background and capture the keystrokes you make on a physical or virtual keyboard. There are various […]
The Top Ten AI Chatbots: ChatGPT Alternatives for 2023
Introduction You may use the ChatGPT text maker to generate any script by putting the required word into the search box and browsing the likely answers. The machine heavily utilizes online data to discern the intricacies of the basic human-written text. We are now determining its ideal use cases for ChatGPT, a well-liked chatbot with […]