How to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup on your Mac & Windows 10
Spotify is a leading music service provider that can offer an unlimited supply of legal music catalogs and online tracks. Unfortunately, it has one flaw — Spotify automatically starts when you fire up your Mac or Windows 10.
By default, Spotify is programmed to start with your computer. It is a nice feature for hardcore music lovers but equally annoying for others.
If you want to stop Spotify from opening on startup, you have multiple ways to do that on Mac and Windows. So, let’s stop your Spotify app from annoying you.
2 Ways to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup on Mac
Mac users have multiple options to stop Spotify from opening on startup, such as:
Using System Preferences
Apple lets users take control over all items through the System Preferences. Using this setting, you can stop Spotify from opening on startup on Mac:
- Go to the Apple menu located in the upper left corner and navigate to System Preferences. You can also use the Command + Space keys together and search for System Preferences through it.
- Using the System Preferences, go to the Users & Groups option. Select the Login Items tab from the right pane.
- Now, you will view all the apps that open automatically on your Mac. To alter settings, click on the Lock icon at the bottom left corner and insert your admin password.
- Once you find Spotify on the list, select the checkbox under the Hide menu to hide it. And, to remove the app, choose the ‘-‘ button at the bottom. Now, Spotify won’t start when you log in to your Mac.
Disabling Open at Login from the Dock
Apple offers access to several options from the Dock like Quit, Show All Windows, Force Quit, etc. To stop Spotify from opening on startup, click on the app icon from the app’s Dock. You can use your two-fingers or the right-click to do so.
Next, a small floating menu will appear. Click on the Options. A submenu will appear with three options — Keep in Dock, Open at login and Show in Finder. Simply uncheck the Open at Login option, and Spotify won’t bug you anymore.
2 Ways to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup on Windows 10
Windows 10 users can stop Spotify from opening on startup and consuming their time with the help of the following methods:
Enable from the Startup Menu
Once you log into your Windows 10 after the OS boots, the system will automatically load some programs in the background. You can disable these programs from the Windows Startup menu using the following steps:
- Open Run menu with Windows + R keys command.
- Next, type shell:startup in the Run search box. It will show all the programs running during the Windows startup.
- Navigate for Spotify in the list. Once you found it, right-click on it and select delete from the contextual menu. That’s it, and your job is done.
Through the Task Manager
From Windows Task Manager, you can manage all your apps with one click as:
- Click on the Windows button and navigate for Task Manager. Another way, you can use the Run menu to search for the Task Manager.
- You can see several tabs on the Task Manager tab — App History, Startup Users, Details, Process, Performance, and Services.
- Click open the Startup tab and look for Spotify from the apps list.
- Once you located Spotify, right-click on it and choose to disable it from the floating menu.
2 Ways to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup on Mac and Windows 10
There are two other ways to stop Spotify from opening on startup both Mac and Windows 10:
Directly from the Spotify App
Spotify provides the option to change the ‘launch at startup’ feature from the app settings. The app has similar user interfaces on both Windows and Mac.
- Go to the Spotify app on your computer.
- Open the drop-down menu located beside the profile icon and select Settings. Or, you can use the Command + Space key shortcut on Mac to open the Spotify Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Show Advanced Settings.
- This option will open several other Spotify options.
- Hover to the ‘Startup and Windows Behaviour’ option. There you will find the ‘Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer’ heading. Click on the drop-down menu and change behavior to No, and you are done!
Third-party Cleaning or Uninstalling Software
There are plenty of different cleaning and uninstalling software available for Mac and Windows that can help you manage login apps. Additionally, some startup time boosters can help in disabling unwanted startup services. If you want to enable other apps along with Spotify, you can get these third-party tools.
More automatic startup apps are equal to increased startup time. So, if you don’t want to use Spotify every time you log in, it’s better to stop it from opening on startup.
You can use our expert-certified six awesome steps to stop Spotify from opening on startup on Mac and Windows 10. However, for further guidance, comment below, and if you like our post, we don’t mind a few words of encouragement
The train journey is a wholesome experience. Getting to know different places, meeting new people, lazy talks, speed rush, and so much more. Now, imagine what if you get all the train experience while sitting at your home? Cool, right? By playing train games on your iOS gadgets, you can ride, drive or perform stunts […]
The simulation gaming genre is hard to ignore in 2021. A game that can lift the barrier between real life and virtual life. These games can stimulate your senses and let you live your gaming fantasies. Simulator games are a perfect combination of fun and technology that you can’t afford to miss out on. Today, […]
Are you finally ready to optimize your website? Ready to create a user-friendly website that can dramatically increase your sales? Then, you must have already gone through all the amazing A/B testing tools available in the market. You know the UX A/B testing software market wasn’t that crowded a few years back. There were only […]
Are you running an online store? Then, dispatching items, tracking deliveries, taking returns, and managing stock must give you a terrible migraine. But, not anymore! With the best warehouse management software in 2021, you can efficiently manage all warehouse operations with ease. WMS software will reduce manual labor and improve customer services in no time. […]
Are you an architect, interior designer, or just a hobbyist? You need 3D architecture software to conceptualize your building or home design ideas. Plus, do you know how quick and accurate models you can create with 3D printing? If not, let us help you find the best architecture design software in 2021. With the right […]
Billing and invoicing is a hard business. Creating invoices, sending them, and following up on unpaid bills can take up a lot of time. On the top, recurring bills and invoices can definitely lose you money without even realizing it. Billing and invoicing software are the perfect alternatives to your old accounting system. Using billing […]
Accounting is a very broad spectrum revolving around numerous financial operations. Accounts payable management is one of the crucial accounting operations to maintain a proper cash flow system. AP teams processes, records, and ensure to pay vendors on time. The accounts payable software can fully automate manual data entry work. Additionally, AP software helps with […]
Whether you are a solopreneur or a corporate leader, undoubtedly, you need the best payroll management software to smoothly run your business. HR payroll software helps in saving time, efforts and keeping your staff happy. Plus, payroll software ensures that you meet all the tax compliance. If you haven’t yet selected the suitable payroll software […]
Health is Wealth — we all know that! Unfortunately, not many people still pay attention to their medication and take their prescribed pills on time. Often work schedules and home chores take all your attention that you don’t remember to take your medicines on time. If that always happens with you, technology has invented a […]
Now that your iPhone storage is almost full and the easiest way to free up some space is to move your large files from iPhone to your Mac. Videos occupy fair share of total storage space and it is wise to move these large files to your Mac so that you give your iOS device […]