How To Add Subtitles To A Video Permanently
Subtitles have established a track record as significant parts of videos. In addition to several benefits, they keep viewers comprehensively immersed in videos. While subtitles pilot viewers who can grasp the audio of a video, captions are regrettably different. Regardless, subtitles dictate an all-around video experience for all audio-visual audiences.
But how can you perform such a task? What do you do to merge subtitles with videos? How do you immortalize subtitles across several formats? This step-by-step guide walks you through that process. The report first professes the essence of adding permanent subtitles to your video file. After that, it puts its arms across your shoulders by showing you the process of adding lasting subtitles to videos.
So before you dive in,
Why Should I Add Subtitles To My Video?
If you were an avid lover of immersive movies, you would recognize the significance of adding subtitles to video files. One reason that stands out is the diversity of language and how some movie characters deliver their scripts. Aside from this, here are four other reasons.
- Attraction: Why make people watch videos when you can keep them attracted to your culture as well? Videos are not just some characters speaking; they are also socio-cultural cues. The attraction of videos over audios is how viewers can easily combine all of their senses. You can take this a notch higher by adding subtitles to your videos. That way, your viewers not only watch movies but also are not missing out on any of the cultural and cinematographic scripts.
- Inclusion: As earlier mentioned, subtitles allow for visceral inclusivity. Viewers who engage with subtitles can already tell what the audio in the videos is saying but still seek a better understanding. Viewers who engage in captions are not privileged to know what the audios say. And since your videos are for everyone, it is only thoughtful you add subtitles for an inclusive experience.
- Clarity: Bad news is there is no unified accent anywhere in the world. If your characters are English speakers, which we suppose they are, then your video is faced with the complexity of pronunciation. Different characters speak with different accents, making for an ambiguous video experience. But the good news is you can salvage this ambiguity by adding subtitles to your video files.
- Privacy: Sometimes, viewers do not want to listen to a video because of confidentiality. They want to watch a video and eye-follow the burned-in subtitles to stay on track. This privacy can be because they are in public or because they are sensitive to sound. It can also be because video audio and subtitles are not in great harmony. Whatever it is, that you add subtitles to videos permanently is ingenious.
How To Add Subtitles To A Video Permanently
Learning to handle subtitles with videos works in two ways — first, from the viewer’s perspective, and second, from the editor’s. Viewers push to navigate subtitles to a downloaded video when video editors forget to imprint them into videos. It doesn’t matter if you are a viewer or a video editor; the following software should assist you in video and subtitle tasks.
VLC Player or otherwise known as VLC, is a free video player open to and accessible by everyone. Viewers make use of VLC as well as editors. VLC banks on its exotic features, support, and source to boast as a leading multiplayer software. Via VLC, loading subtitles into video files is accessible in eight steps.
- Download video content and subtitles separately. Then retitle both in a near-same way.
- Open VLC Player, locate “Media”, and select “Convert/Save” or use “Ctrl+R”.
- Find the folder where your video is and import it via “Add.”
- Find that folder where your subtitle file is an import via “Convert/Save.”
- Look for an icon that looks like a spanner to set your imported files.
- Choose the subtitles tab, check the box, and choose a DVB subtitle.
- Choose the “Overlay subtitles” on the video’s box and save your settings.
- Select a location to save and press ‘Start’ for VLC to begin the merging.
While VLC is mainly for Android users, iMovie is exclusively for iPhone and iPad users as it is endemic to iOS, macOS, and iPadOS. Developed by Apple Inci., iMovie is an excellent editing tool and can back up VLC for merging subtitles with videos. That way, it allows editors to burn eternal subtitles into videos. Experience this through the following steps.
- Download the software first, open it, then import the video by clicking “File.”
- Find “Titles” at the uppermost part of the page, select your most ideal file title.
- Draft or input a subtitle file, drag it to the timeline and modify settings as you please.
- Repeat the process until you’re confident.
- Save video and share to your desired social platforms.
VideoProc is another excellent video editing app with exciting features. These features are unique to others as the app permits you to cut, crop, and add your subtitle file. Video editors who intend to imprint subtitles using VideoProc, here are the steps to follow.
- After installing VideoProc, ship in the video and subtitle files.
- Edit the subtitle style until you’re satisfied.
- Export the resulting video.
- Choose the format you want the resulting video to be exported and start the export process.
Likewise, you can use other video-editing tools such as AVI, MKVToolKit, and Handbrake to burn lasting subtitles to a video. However, this guide does not extend to the editing tools.
Should you have video content hosted on YouTube and want to inject subtitles in them, there are ways to go about doing so. Here are three ways that we know about integrating subtitles with YouTube videos.
- Establish a subtitle file, upload it to the video’s subtitle bar, then modify the timing yourself if you want a time sequence.
- Auto-sync the file after upload to generate YouTube’s automatic subtitle synchronization.
- Punch in subtitle words with your fingers as you’d punch in texts and publish them.
It’s not a mountain task to imprint subtitles in videos. Whether you are manually or automatically adding them, it gets simplified with modern tools. Video players, downloaders, and other video apps can help you out of the maze. Just do it, and you’re on your way to permanent subtitles in videos even before you know it.
Lot is slated for 2018 when it comes to launch of new tech products. Here, users are waiting for new mobiles, laptops, smart TVs, smart watches, smart cars, audio & music systems, VRs, GPS devices, smart glasses and what not. Though 2017 alone have offered most advanced gadgets and gears still the wait is on […]
Duplicate contacts on any device cause a lot of trouble, as it not only increases contact search time, but it also occupies precious device resources. Here, identical contacts may accumulate due to various reasons like contacts sharing, contact backup, and other reasons. One possible way to find, delete and merge duplicate contacts is to use […]
Apple offers numerous effective security features built-in on every Mac to keep it safe from malware attacks or other cyber threats. These security features not only help you protect your system from various known & unknown cyber threats but it also helps you improve your system performance. In addition to these built-in features on your […]
The recent malware attacks around the world have made users more vigilant against this emerging threat. The best anti-malware software for Windows 10/8/7 offers an easy and secure way to keep your data safe in 2021. These advanced security tools work on smart algorithms to provide comprehensive protection against virus and malware threats. Best Anti-Malware […]
When smartphones are considered to be mini-computers that hold lot of your important data from pictures, videos to important documents, it sounds sensible to keep your smartphone device protected with all necessary features. Further, knowing the unimaginable value of data kept on your Android device, it becomes important to keep it safe from all possible […]
So, the Cryptocurrency is everywhere! Yeah! We are talking right and it is literally on boom! You can find people talking about this phenomenon all around you in the cab, school, college, office, informal chats and almost everywhere. No wonder it deserves the hype as it is not only much talked about topic but it […]
Ransomware isn’t a new threat to the cyber world as its traces goes back to more than a decade now. It has affected users around the world on mass level duping millions of dollars in ransom and causing a serious threat to data security. But what makes ransomware-as-a-service (RaaS) distribution model reprehensible is, it has […]
Apple devices tend to perform seamless no matter you are on Mac, iPad, desktop or iPhone. These systems are designed meticulously to perform tasks in an effortless manner. Further, you can find all useful features built-in on your Apple device to deal with all performance issues. It helps you manage over occupied storage space, helps […]
Android device rallied the Microsoft Windows platform but for mobile devices. Similar to Windows platform which has huge customer base due to its easy and user-friendly experience, Android also enjoys the same comfort from users around the world. Due to open source platform, Android offers tremendous features to users with greater control to tweak […]
Microsoft Windows was invented to help users perform various virtual tasks seamlessly. This simple yet powerful platform offers you numerous features & functionalities to perform almost any task. In fact, it has covered a long journey from the first version of Windows 1.0 back in 1985. Today, Windows 10 offers you a potent platform to […]
Apple offers some potent computing machines in the form of Mac. Mac offers numerous useful features & functionalities for seamless performance. You can invest into these machines for improved user experience and power packed features. Despite having a reputation of powerful and potent machines still, Macs are not immune to some basic computer problems. These […]