Best Video Player for Mac (Free & Paid) for 2021
The advanced video players for Mac offer smart functionalities to help you play audio and video files seamlessly. It supports all major file formats and plays 5k/4k/HD videos without quality loss. While there are tons of these tools available online, here we have tested & reviewed best video players for Mac you should try in 2021. Good news is, it includes both free and premium tools.
Best Video Player for Mac for 2021
Your search for best video player for Mac ends here. Let’s review some of the advanced free & paid tools you should try in 2021.
Elmedia Video Player offers tons of features that makes it one of the best media players for Mac. It supports all major file formats thus you needn’t to worry whether you would be able to run your video file or not. It offers smooth HD playback without any interruption or slowdowns. Working on smart algorithms, it helps you fix issues such as bad sync with audio in original file etc. with full-screen mode, you can select the output monitor effortlessly. It also supports native macOS full-screen more.
Features of Elmedia Video Player
- You can float this app over other apps to avoid missing any important part of the video.
- You can bookmark favorite parts of a video or audio for easy viewing.
- It offers multiple audio tracks support with option to select audio language.
- It allows you to load external soundtracks.
- Use Elmedia Video player to stream your local vidwos and music to AIrPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA-compatible devices.
- It is compatible with all DLNA devices such as Smart TVs.
- It offers ads-free environment while you are watching videos on YouTube, Vimeo, or Dailymotion.
- You can watch ultra HD or 4K videos without any difficulty or quality loss.
- It supports multiple language options.
- Navigation could be improved for better user experience.
Device Support: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
Price: Free, offers in-app purchases
If you are looking for best free video player for Mac, then VLC for Mac OS X should be your choice. This powerful and versatile tool is free and open-source. This cross-platform multimedia player works well on all devices including Windows and Mac. It plays most multimedia files and various streaming protocols without any trouble. This powerful tool is trusted by millions of users around the world and has high ratings across platforms.
Features of VLC for Mac OS X
- Use this tool to play files, webcams, discs, devices, and streams.
- VLC has hardware decoding on most platforms to offer better results.
- It has built-in support for 0-copy on the GPU and can fallback on software when required.
- It offers easy synchronization and video subtitles for enhanced viewing experience.
- It offers multiple audio and video filters.
- It is available for free.
- It supports all file formats.
- It doesn’t bother you with annoying ads or spyware.
- It even doesn’t track your activities to offer secure environment.
- Playing 4K video isn’t that smooth. You may encounter choppy playbacks and endless hiccups.
Device Support: Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later (previous devices are supported by older releases)
IINA is modern media player for macOS that is designed to deliver enhanced user experience. You get this software on GitHub or on their website. This advanced player only supports latest Mac versions and require OS X 10.11 or later (macOS 10.15 is recommended). It offers seamless user experience with latest framework to the user interface. It is designed based on post-Yosemite design language of macOS and aligns with the advanced technologies like Touch Bar, Force Touch, and Picture-in-Picture.
Features of IINA for Mac
- It supports macOS Mojave dar mode with adjusted colors, textures and icons to provide sleek and unified look.
- It supports native Picture-in-Picture mode that helps you enjoy local or online videos without any disturbance.
- It supports Touch Bar, plugin system, and music mode.
- It offers system media controls to give you better control over what you play.
- You can also enjoy thumbnail preview.
- You can use this video player to play anything from local files, YouTube playlists, to online streams and more.
- It is free and open-source platform for your Mac.
- It supports over 20 languages to help users around the world.
- It offers regular updates to ensure smooth performance.
- Not suitable for power users
Device Support: OS X 10.11 or later
Cisdem Video Player is next best free video player for Mac that is macOS Catalina ready. If you want to try something fast and different, then you should use this powerful software. You can buy its paid version to explore more features. You can use this player to play almost anything including 5K and Full HD 1080P video. It doesn’t require additional codecs or plugins to deliver results. If you are looking for VLC for Mac alternative, then you should use this video player for Mac.
Features of Cisdem Video Player for Mac
- It comes with a technology that lets you directly play FLV, MKV, WMV, MKV, etc. video formats.
- To use this software, you doesn’t require additional codecs or plugins.
- You can load subtitle files automatically and add them easily.
- You can convert videos for devices with optional in-app purchase.
- It plays most codecs with no codec packs required.
- It plays 5k/4k/HD videos seamlessly.
- It supports deinterlacing. Deinterlacing an interlaced video to the progressive one to avoid mosaic.
- It has handy-buttons to save time.
- You can take snapchots from playing videos to save as image file.
- It doesn’t support old Mac versions.
Device Support: macOS 10.10 or later
Price: Free, offers in-app purchases
5KPlayer is an advance free (MKV) UHD video player, music player, AIrPlay, and DLNA enabled media streamer that also works as an online downloader. You can use 5KPlayer to play 4K/1080P/360 videos, DVD, and IPTV with revolutionary design. You can also play all leading audio and music formats to enjoy your favorite tracks. It allows you to download videos and music from YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc.
Features of 5KPlayer
- It supports AIrPlay and DLNA wireless stream.
- It performs well both on Mac and Windows systems.
- It offers infinite multi-screen share.
- It is a hardware-accelerated free music & video player that ensures seamless user experience.
- It supports multi-subtitle tracks.
- It allows you to download videos from YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and other sites.
- It is available for free and supports all major file formats.
- It offers subtitle and DLNA support.
- It has a built-in radio player.
- Interface could be improved
Device Support: macOS Catalina compatible
So this was a detailed discussion of best video players for Mac you should try in 2021. It includes free and premium versions. Do try any of these software and share your experience in the comments below.
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]
Correctly, get back deleted or lost pictures from the hard drive or SD card. To relive happy moments spent with family and friends we capture them, and nobody wants to lose these digital memories, right? Yet due to unforeseen situations like accidentally deleting pictures, hard drive failure, natural disaster, corrupt hard disk, and formatting the […]
Since the Internet has grown to be the main source for entertainment, socializing, news, information, and more, we hardly ever think about how it works. It is informative and helpful, however just like a physical playground, there’s scope for harm within the online world, particularly for children who may not be absolutely aware of the […]
Whether you wish to share your Macintosh with your kids, friends, or colleagues, it’s better to create a new user account to maintain your privacy. With separate Mac accounts, every person can have their own settings like application preferences, iCloud account details, and password-protect their personal data. Most importantly, the process of adding users to […]
The PDF formats have extremely important uses nowadays. One of the main reasons that pdf format is used is because it cannot be modified by others. They are easy to transfer and are commonly used in business, education, and health. We can convert a whole book and lengthy reports into pdfs. Sometimes the size of […]
Are you preparing for an IT certification course? If yes, you need to install Visual Certification Exam software in your system right away. Why? That’s because online IT course materials and certifications are available in VCE file format. So, if you have an exam coming up soon, you need a VCE suit to open the […]
Restore lost or deleted files from any storage media using Tenorshare 4DDiG. Losing important files, images, videos, or for that matter any data is no fun. It leaves us all anxious, frustrated, and stressed. What’s worse, when we don’t have a backup and the same file is urgently required. This creates panic and makes you […]