Top 10 Best Tools for Network Monitoring in 2024
Most people globally use the internet to access various online content and services. One can find content types, apps, and other resources from other global regions easily, but a bad network condition can cause access and protection problems during online services.
Alternatively, you can use software like MacAfee Advanced for high-quality VPN support to 5 license-holders, identity monitoring, and protection score. Or, you can directly use the best network monitoring software to cohesively monitor and maintain multiple network connections like routers and servers. These tools can troubleshoot performance errors, improve security, and monitor network connection strength.
The following are the top software types for this work that are available, listed here for your perusal.
Best Tools for Networking Monitoring to Use
Indeed, multiple types of software, apps, and tools are present, made by different tech providers that offer substantial network protection benefits. After carefully trying them out, we made a list of the best network monitoring software. Here is our review of each option you can trust.
1. SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
If you are looking for a good network monitoring software for multi-vendor-based work, this network performance monitoring software from SolarWinds is highly useful. You can expect deep visibility into the connections and environments directly through the network insights you get.
The software works with a wide variety of devices and network-based connections, making it a comprehensive enterprise-level tool to use.
Compatible Devices: Diverse devices, applications, vendors, and network endpoints, like the internet and intranet.
Price: Starts at around USD 1,638 or quote-based. Subscriptions for licenses are available in 1/3/5 year options.
- Get advanced-quality notifications on real-time network-based activities.
- PerfStack and NetPath support for troubleshooting work.
- Smart adaptation into a large and secure environment.
- Intelligent map support is available.
- Expect agile and productive network connections and solutions.
- Strong service level management.
- Get insights on issues and carry out resolutions quickly.
- The price of availing of this full-fledged software is extremely high.
- You must renew the perpetual plan after the first year to continue getting maintenance/support benefits.
Atera is one of the best-known remote monitoring and management or RMM software options. It is useful for keeping a constant lookout on the condition of various network devices and connections.
With this software, you can manage logs and patches between endpoints and check cloud-based services well.
Compatible Devices: Many network-based devices like servers, switches, firewalls, etc., and diverse OS-centric system endpoints.
Price: Pro- USD 79, Growth- USD 119, Power- USD 149 (all plans are monthly-based payments)
- The widescale suite is full of tools for remote maintenance for easier service management.
- Run a full-scale scan of the system and easily check new updates.
- Patch management for Java, Adobe, Driver, Windows, and other installation updates.
- Get rea-time analysis statements on SQL server, IP monitoring, Network connections, etc.
- Each of the plans is available with a free trial first.
- Get API support of 400-700 RPM.
- Patch and remote management functions are available for all users.
- The cost of all plans is high for hiring a personalized technician; it is not best for startups.
- Pay extra for add-on services with technicians.
Datadog is another high-quality and best network monitoring software that assures robust security monitoring approaches for network connections. You can expect useful cloud and on-premises services for cloud management for detailed background analysis of the network connections.
Get proper insights into your network’s traffic flow via software or hardware-based services.
Compatible Devices: Check hardware and software for network-based devices like routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
Price: Free trial first and then USD 5 per month- Network Performance Monitoring, USD 7 per month- Network Device Monitoring.
- Monitor network performance via a cloud infrastructure, on-premise, or hybrid services.
- Get mapping support for network traffic.
- Detailed traffic aggregation analysis and reports.
- Get realistic utilization and bandwidth visualization for the interface, fan, disk, and other hardware health.
- Get technical support in email and chat formats.
- Inclusive community forums for information and online documents are available.
- Get customizable detailed reports on your network devices.
- You can get infrastructure tags (automated) only when combining your plan with other options.
- Transferring to APM, Infrastructure, or Logs Management is not simple if you only get Network Monitoring-based plans.
Obkio is the best networking monitoring software to monitor a wide range of SNMP and network-based devices, focusing on their usage details. This software is useful for getting information about the network traffic and fixing issues noticeable via the VoIP, LAN, Firewall, WAN, and UC networks.
Using this, you can find and solve errors with functional troubleshooting features and get smart event-based notifications on factors like latency, packet loss, or jitter.
Compatible Devices: Know the network conditions of devices like firewalls, switches, routers, bandwidth, and CPU.
Price: Free, Basic- USD 399/month, Premium- USD 699, Enterprise- USD 1,199+/month.
- 24×7 measurement of the VoIP quality via MOS Score.
- Detect packet reordering, packet duplicate, and DSCP mismatch easily.
- Understand baseline performance on the dynamic thresholds to understand the historical performance details.
- End-to-end networking monitoring of points like packet loss, latency, etc.
- Measure the quality of experience constantly.
- Easy to start with some clicks.
- Access to cloud-centric monitoring agents with easy access like AWS and Google Cloud.
- You have to pay additionally to add extra users and agents to the paid plans.
- Live chat and email support are not available for free users.
Auvik is one of the best network monitoring and management tools for cloud-based optimization. The interface and dashboard here are well-organized, and it is a powerful software to find information about network details easily.
All of the information is real-time-based and accurate due to the software’s modern analytical tech stack.
Compatible Devices: Multiple managed services and network-based devices like firewalls, servers, etc.
Price: Both Essentials and Performance plans require customized quotes.
- Get accurate insights into bandwidth usage details related to the main source addresses, conversations, destination addresses, and ports.
- Unified dashboard for managing diverse device and connection endpoints.
- Supports NetFlow v9, IPFIX, NetFlow v5, sFlow, and more.
- Get detailed information like historical statistics and alert history.
- Easily check the users and connections taking up most of the bandwidth.
- Strong privacy and security support are available, like audit logs and 2FA support.
- In-built TrafficInsights™ feature analyses usage metrics of the distributed network.
- Essentials plan users do not get a unified list of troubleshooting benefits.
- Geo IP Tracking is available for Performance-based users only.
The performance management software of AppNeta is useful for IT teams to check the end-user experiences of their customer case globally carefully. It connects and gets real-time details about traffic across the cloud, applications, and noticeable networks.
The platform takes a four-dimensional approach in the context of network monitoring and utilizes various technological tools for the work.
Compatible Devices: It can monitor LAN, WAN, DNS, VoIP/UC, and WiFi networks, among others.
Price: Quote-based pricing for companies.
- Get raw network packet data for finding critical root issues via remote locations.
- Conduct end-to-end assessment of network performance, availability, and performance consistently.
- Check end-user experience in real-time.
- Expect proactive synthetic transaction-based monitoring for web app/SaaS problem prevention.
- Easily detect and record which apps are currently active across the distributed network of the user.
- Opt for a live demo for the various services.
- Check the performance of cloud-based apps securely.
- You may come across unauthorized and unchecked third-party links that may be unsafe.
- It collects a lot of personal data you add as per privacy policies.
7. Accedian Skylight Interceptor
This is another top tool, especially with the Skylight Interceptor NDR technology support, focusing on strong networking management and monitoring. You can use this software to manage enterprise networks, applications, and the cloud through one platform and check their performance and actions.
Get the best services like real-time decoding support for application support and network flow monitoring, to name a few.
Compatible Devices: Overall network endpoints and services Mac, Windows, and Linux, plus specialized network connections, like WiFi, LAN, etc.
Price: Discussion with experts first to get quoted price.
- Correlate the events/alerts into incidents for easier analysis.
- Use MITRE ATT&CK-based models to get malicious cyberattack notifications.
- Assess and plan actionable solutions for root cause problem fixing.
- Utilize the NDR AI tech to detect any suspicious security attacks or behaviors.
- It collects and preserves network performance, error, and access data.
- Maintain the data quality based on storage, collection, and identity.
- Rectify and close any security gaps.
- Email support is the main type of initial communication support.
- Complex to understand for non-technical new users.
8. Whatsup Gold
With Whatsup Gold, companies can carefully keep a strong lookout on your networks and applications, studying all related details like activities and logs. You can check the performance of Apache web servers, Linux Systems, Windows endpoints, and Microsoft apps, to name a few.
Moreover, users of this comprehensive tool for network management and monitoring can get cloud-based control and visibility. Also, easily study bandwidth consumption details for applications, servers, and networks.
Compatible Devices: Routers, Servers, Switches, APs, WLCs, Firewalls, Logs, etc.
Price: Free, Premium (Perpetual/Annual Plan) + Total Plus- Cost based on quote.
- Visualize and check the performance quality of wireless networks.
- Assess network performance and fix errors before impact.
- VMware/Hyper-V environments are visible to users.
- Access to cloud-based resources like Azure and AWS elements.
- You can automatically switch to one backup system from the primary instance if it fails.
- Use Configuration management add-on module to automate change management and configuration for network-based devices.
- Get detailed information on logs and usage information of all connected devices.
- High-quality functions like virtualization monitoring are available as add-ons.
- Not many languages are supported in terms of variety.
Domotz is one of the best network monitoring software that runs via cloud integration. It collects accurate insights into the performance metrics and activities across particular networks.
Notably, you would get complete knowledge of the real-time information about the automated attributes and devices you manage. From data management to troubleshooting, the platform here provides many benefits to users with network management.
Compatible Devices: Network-based devices like routers, switches, servers, printers, load balancers, firewalls, etc.
Price: USD 22.12 per month for each site.
- Automatic plotting of the topology and active endpoints.
- Real-time documentation and tracking of the devices via preferred PSA, productivity, or documentation tool.
- Get total visibility of every IT infrastructure and network-based device you work with.
- Get statistics, alerts, measures, etc., on LAN/WAN and other networks.
- It is useful for checking any potential network threats.
- Get real-time reports and alerts about hacking attempts or errors in devices connected across one network.
- Constantly checks for new errors and devices accessing the network.
- The free trial version is only available for 14 days.
- A high quantity of ads and cookies can get frustrating.
NinjaOne is another best network monitoring software that provides multiple services and benefits for IT management. Users can expect full services related to management, monitoring, backup, automation, and patching of software and network resources.
You can expect high-quality UI support with this software that would drive your overall functions. Easily monitor and fix the endpoint security, productivity, and updates with this tool.
Compatible Devices: Monitor Windows, Linux, Mac, and VMWare endpoints, cloud infrastructure, and SNMP devices.
Price: Prices depend on consultation-based quotes.
- Install and manage all software at scale or individually.
- Document all IT assets-related information with real-time details.
- Remotely handle all unattended and attended devices connected to your network with zero security issues.
- Accept and automate your overall ticketing workflow carefully.
- Strong security protection protocols are available for all network and endpoint connections it supports.
- A personalized knowledge base is available for users.
- Many customer support benefits are available, including a community forum for additional questions.
- It is not compliant with FedRAMP regulations.
- The customized prices can extend to high rates if you do not plan carefully.
There are multiple types of comprehensive management and monitoring software and tools available that you can use for unified network evaluation. They also allow troubleshooting functions, patch management, log management, and other services.
While all of these listed software tools are valuable in their capabilities, we found SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, Domotz, and Atera as usable options, given our preferences. Make your final choice based on your experience after trying each out once.
Explore a comprehensive guide comparing top bulk email software to streamline communication. Discover key features, pros, and cons to help choose the ideal solution for your business’s email marketing needs.
PC randomly turns off? Resolve random PC shutdowns sans overheating. Learn quick fixes—update drivers, check hardware, scan for malware, and more in this comprehensive troubleshooting guide.
Fix the frustrating Exit Code 1 crash when trying to open Minecraft. This article provides 8 step-by-step solutions to resolve the error. Learn exactly what causes the Exit Code 1 Minecraft crash and how to get Minecraft running smoothly again.
This in-depth review explores Xnxubd 2021 Frame Rate X 2 – the AI-powered video playback enhancement software that delivers 2X smoother streaming and gaming.
GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 is a common issue that prevents the Share overlay from working properly. This article provides 9 fixes to resolve error code 0x0003.
Explore a comprehensive comparison between CCleaner VS Advanced SystemCare, two leading system optimization tools. Discover their features, functionalities, and performance to make an informed choice.
Discover the top 10 CCleaner alternatives for Mac in 2023. Explore a range of efficient, user-friendly programs like CCleaner for Mac tailored for a seamless macOS experience.
Discover the top 15 free live wallpaper apps for Windows 10 & 11 PC! Elevate your desktop experience with these dynamic and stunning wallpapers. Find the perfect app to personalize your desktop.
How to fix Unknown USB Device error which is also famous as Device Descriptor Request Failed error on Windows 11 and Windows 10 PC.
When you secure college admission to pursue a degree or diploma of your choice, what often comes to your mind? Except for those who got a chance to study in a specific university due to talent, especially sports, a significant proportion of students will want to land a well-paying job, whereas a few might opt […]