How to Reset Network Settings on Windows 11
Are you facing connectivity issues? Follow these instructions to reset network settings on your Windows 11 and fix the connectivity problems.
The network settings on the PC manages internet connectivity. However, in some cases, due to outdated network adapters and incompatible configuration issues like slow connection and dropped connection, no wireless connectivity occurs. If you are also encountering similar problems, resetting the network adapter is the best way to troubleshoot the problem.
This tutorial will explain how to reset the Network settings.
Reasons for Network Connectivity Issues
- Server overload.
- Network congestion.
- Corrupt router settings.
- Incompatible internet protocol configuration.
- Multiple wireless connections.
- Broken drivers.
Best Ways to Reset Network Settings
- Run Network Troubleshooter
To reset and repair the network adapter in Windows 11, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
2. Click Network & internet option present in the left pane. Select Advanced network settings from the right pane.
3. Under Advanced network settings,> click More settings > select Network reset.
Note: Network reset feature resets all network adapters to their factory settings.
- Click Reset now to move ahead.
5. You will get a new window where you need to confirm the action. If you are sure you want to reset network settings click Yes to continue.
6. Windows will not reset the network adapter settings.
7. Restart Windows to apply changes.
Remember if you use a Wi-Fi network you’ll need to re-enter the password to connect. Also, if you are setting up with DHCP, you will need to enter IP addresses.
That’s it; using the above steps, you can reset network settings on Windows 11.
- Update Network Driver
In addition to following the above method, we suggest updating the network driver. This can be done either manually or automatically.
To manually update the driver follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + X > Device Manager
- Double click Network adapters > select the network device name > right-click > Update driver
- Select the first option that reads Search automatically for drivers.
- Wait for Windows to look for a driver update. When done, restart the system and then try to connect to the internet.
This should fix the network issue.
Method 2 – Automatically updating network driver.
If the above steps are too much work for you, try using a driver updating utility to update network drivers automatically. To learn how to do that, follow the steps below:
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
- Launch the tool.
- Click the Start Scan Now button and wait for the scanning to finish.
- Review scan results and update the network driver. If you are using the trial version, you can click the Update driver next to the network adapter. However, if you are using the registered version, you can update all outdated drivers at once by clicking the Update All button.
- Restart the system to apply changes.
The above steps will update the network driver and fix network connectivity issues.
How to Automatically Connect to the Internet After a Reset
When network settings are reset, the computer’s TCP/IP settings are set to Automatic. This way, your system automatically detects network settings and connects to the internet after a reset.
In case your system doesn’t reconnect, follow these steps to configure the settings.
- Press Windows + I Network & internet
- Double click Ethernet.
3. Click the down arrow next to Network to show your TCP/IP.
4. Scroll down and look for IP assignment > verify Automatic (DHCP). If you cannot find it, click Edit at the right.
5. On the new window that appears, click the drop-down menu and change the settings from Manual to Automatic (DHCP).
When done, the system will automatically detect and connect to the internet.
What does resetting Network settings do?
Resetting network settings will do the following things. Therefore, make sure you have all the details with you because you will need them later.
- Network adapter settings will be removed, and they will go back to default settings.
- All the configuration settings for every single adapter will be restored.
We hope using the steps explained above, you can reset network settings. Once that is done, you can connect to the network and go online. The above steps reset network settings and will resolve internet connectivity issues.
While there are other ways, you can fix the issue easily using the Windows network troubleshooter and updating drivers.
Introduction: Cryptocurrencies have exploded in popularity in recent years. Driving mainstream adoption are crypto exchanges – online platforms that allow investors to easily buy, sell, and trade digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Crypto exchanges provide the critical infrastructure that allows individuals and institutions seamless entry into the crypto ecosystem. But how exactly do these […]
Introduction: The “Preparing automatic repair” loop is a common issue that affects Windows 10 and 11 users when the operating system fails to boot properly. This automatic repair process tries to diagnose and fix boot issues but often gets stuck repeatedly restarting and checking for problems, creating an endless loop. There are several potential causes […]
Table Of Contents: Introduction What is Disk Partitioning Why is disk partitioning needed? How to do disk partitioning? Best Disk Partition Software for Windows 11/10/8/7 in 2024 EaseUS Partition Master MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro Paragon Partition Manager AOMEI Partition Assistant Active@ Partition Manager Tenorshare Partition Manager GParted Cute Partition Manager Macrorit Partition Expert IM-Magic Partition […]
Introduction: Using a Mac password manager app is one of the best ways to stay secure online. A good password management app generates strong, unique passwords for all your accounts, remembers them for you, and helps you log in quickly and easily. When choosing a password manager for your Mac, you’ll want one that is […]
Introduction: Managing passwords is a major challenge in the digital era. With the proliferation of online accounts, we’re expected to create and remember many complex, unique passwords. This poses a significant burden on our memory. Fortunately, Android password managers offer a convenient solution. These applications store passwords securely, generate strong random passwords, and auto-fill login […]
Introduction: Having strong and unique passwords for all your online accounts is essential for good digital security and privacy. Reusing the same passwords on multiple sites is a risky practice as a breach on one site puts all your accounts at risk. This is where a dedicated password manager comes in very handy. These apps […]
Introduction: In today’s digital age, we have loads of accounts – like email, social media, online banking, and shopping sites. That means we’ve got tons of passwords to remember. It’s risky to use the same password for everything, but keeping track of unique ones for each account can be tough. A password manager proves invaluable […]
Introduction: A clean and optimized Android device performs better, lasts longer, and runs faster. With time, caches, residual files, and unneeded data can clutter up your Android smartphone or tablet and slow it down. That’s why having a quality cleaner app is essential. The Google Play Store has hundreds of Android cleaner and optimization apps […]
The mobile gaming industry has experienced exponential growth, with an increasing number of users turning to their Android devices for immersive gaming experiences. With this surge in mobile gaming, the demand for efficient and effective apps to boost Android gaming has also risen. Game optimizer apps are designed to optimize the performance of Android devices, […]