How to Reset Network Settings on Windows 11
Are you facing connectivity issues? Follow these instructions to reset network settings on your Windows 11 and fix the connectivity problems.
The network settings on the PC manages internet connectivity. However, in some cases, due to outdated network adapters and incompatible configuration issues like slow connection and dropped connection, no wireless connectivity occurs. If you are also encountering similar problems, resetting the network adapter is the best way to troubleshoot the problem.
This tutorial will explain how to reset the Network settings.
Reasons for Network Connectivity Issues
- Server overload.
- Network congestion.
- Corrupt router settings.
- Incompatible internet protocol configuration.
- Multiple wireless connections.
- Broken drivers.
Best Ways to Reset Network Settings
- Run Network Troubleshooter
To reset and repair the network adapter in Windows 11, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
2. Click Network & internet option present in the left pane. Select Advanced network settings from the right pane.
3. Under Advanced network settings,> click More settings > select Network reset.
Note: Network reset feature resets all network adapters to their factory settings.
- Click Reset now to move ahead.
5. You will get a new window where you need to confirm the action. If you are sure you want to reset network settings click Yes to continue.
6. Windows will not reset the network adapter settings.
7. Restart Windows to apply changes.
Remember if you use a Wi-Fi network you’ll need to re-enter the password to connect. Also, if you are setting up with DHCP, you will need to enter IP addresses.
That’s it; using the above steps, you can reset network settings on Windows 11.
- Update Network Driver
In addition to following the above method, we suggest updating the network driver. This can be done either manually or automatically.
To manually update the driver follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + X > Device Manager
- Double click Network adapters > select the network device name > right-click > Update driver
- Select the first option that reads Search automatically for drivers.
- Wait for Windows to look for a driver update. When done, restart the system and then try to connect to the internet.
This should fix the network issue.
Method 2 – Automatically updating network driver.
If the above steps are too much work for you, try using a driver updating utility to update network drivers automatically. To learn how to do that, follow the steps below:
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
- Launch the tool.
- Click the Start Scan Now button and wait for the scanning to finish.
- Review scan results and update the network driver. If you are using the trial version, you can click the Update driver next to the network adapter. However, if you are using the registered version, you can update all outdated drivers at once by clicking the Update All button.
- Restart the system to apply changes.
The above steps will update the network driver and fix network connectivity issues.
How to Automatically Connect to the Internet After a Reset
When network settings are reset, the computer’s TCP/IP settings are set to Automatic. This way, your system automatically detects network settings and connects to the internet after a reset.
In case your system doesn’t reconnect, follow these steps to configure the settings.
- Press Windows + I Network & internet
- Double click Ethernet.
3. Click the down arrow next to Network to show your TCP/IP.
4. Scroll down and look for IP assignment > verify Automatic (DHCP). If you cannot find it, click Edit at the right.
5. On the new window that appears, click the drop-down menu and change the settings from Manual to Automatic (DHCP).
When done, the system will automatically detect and connect to the internet.
What does resetting Network settings do?
Resetting network settings will do the following things. Therefore, make sure you have all the details with you because you will need them later.
- Network adapter settings will be removed, and they will go back to default settings.
- All the configuration settings for every single adapter will be restored.
We hope using the steps explained above, you can reset network settings. Once that is done, you can connect to the network and go online. The above steps reset network settings and will resolve internet connectivity issues.
While there are other ways, you can fix the issue easily using the Windows network troubleshooter and updating drivers.
Introduction Most businesses at this time have gone the digital route, opening personalized websites, accessing social media platforms, and more. One can use diverse software like Avast SecureLine VPN to protect their browsing experience. However, the possibility of experiencing cyberattacks is high for most users. These include various current cyber security issues from external sources […]
Introduction For professionals and regular users alike, email is one of the most common modes of communication available. In the work context, officials use email to compose and send important messages and notifications to other workers, superiors, or customers. For example, many use emails as a medium of promotion and broadcast specific alerts for clients, […]
Are you looking for a screen recording tool with screen capture, auto stop, auto split recording, and other extraordinary features? EaseUS RecExperts is the answer to your quest. With features like 4k resolution, recording up to 60 fps, and audio capture, it is the ultimate screen recording tool for both Windows and Mac users. To […]
Introduction Video streaming is one of the most common activities that content creators and regular users currently partake in. There are platforms available for streaming different types of content online, like gaming, entertainment, etc., like Twitch or YouTube. For this, you can use regular recorders or instead try out the specialized best streaming video recorders […]
Introduction Currently, most people have their virtual identity, accessing various online services with their digital ID. However, while preparing personal accounts on different sites is simple, most people use the same password for multiple channels/services. You can use antivirus and security software like Norton 360 for strong firewall protection and password management support during online […]
Even though people are using checks less often, that doesn’t mean check fraud is any less common. In 2018, $15.1 billion was lost on check fraud. In this article, we discuss all of the various forms of check fraud that exist so you can avoid the obvious signs and make sure you are prepared against […]
Introduction Listening to music, whether for personal fun or in videos, is a favorite activity for many. However, very high or low volume can affect the overall user experience for most people. For this, you can use a high-quality MP3 volume changer to adjust the sound levels of audio files for better balance and sound […]
Introduction With the increased focus on development and technology, most people use various digital devices for their daily tasks. Elements like IoT, wearables, and smartphones are common accompaniments for most people today for personal and professional use. However, such software always collects customer data, like browsing history, health data, GPS location tracking, etc. Many companies […]
Introduction Always looking one’s best version is essential for most people, especially in pictures. However, changing your lifestyle and body is a long-term process, which is not useful for ones who want an instant svelte look to their body. In this case, you can use a skinny photo editor. There are a variety of photo […]
Introduction At this time, there is a high boost in the online streaming community. One of the best communities for that is available on Twitch. The users use the platform to stream their videos live for different types of content like interviews, gaming, entertainment, etc. For data/server protection during global streaming, you should download third-party […]