Unable to download WhatsApp images and other files? Top resolutions to try
WhatsApp is not just another app where one can chat or make calls over the internet. Instead, it is just like a virtual space where people can share documents, videos, images, and even voice notes apart from text messages. Since it has so many uses, how would you feel if you suddenly failed to download WhatsApp images and files?
It would be frustrating to the extent that you would start messing up with the app. In doing so, you might even delete the files accidentally, thereby taking the frustration to another level. To help you out of such situations, we have prepared a brief list of resolutions using which you can download the WhatsApp files in no time.
Why can you not download WhatsApp images and other files?
First, it will be better to have a quick discussion on the instances where you won’t be able to download WhatsApp images and media files. Knowing these will help you identify the issue and opt for the correct resolution in one go instead of trying a hit-and-trial approach.
- Poor internet connection is one of the major reasons for which the download can fail often.
- If your device has full memory, the files won’t be downloaded from WhatsApp. That’s because the downloaded files from the app need to be stored directly in the internal memory, which doesn’t have any more space left.
- When you restart the device or reboot, the date and time change. WhatsApp doesn’t allow users to download media if the system date and time don’t match Standard Time.
- If your device has an SD card and it is by default in the Read Only mode, you won’t be able to download the files from WhatsApp. You can only do so if the SD card allows Read and Write functions.
- Downloading will fail when you do not permit WhatsApp to access your internal storage locations.
- Sometimes, if WhatsApp is not updated to the latest version, the download process will automatically stall midway. It will resume only when you update the app version.
- Since WhatsApp has implemented huge security protocols, any corrupted file won’t be downloaded, no matter how small it is in byte size.
- Another common reason you cannot download WhatsApp images and files is a lack of supporting format. For instance, images in a zip file cannot be downloaded.
What are the best ways to resolve “WhatsApp images not downloading”?
In the below section, we have explained some of the most effective ways to resolve the “WhatsApp images and files not downloading” error within minutes.
Method 1: Checking the internet connection
The first thing you need to do is check the internet connection on the device. If the internet connection is poor or the network link is broken, you won’t be able to download the WhatsApp images.
So, you can turn off the mobile network and again switch it back or initiate aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. If your mobile is working with Wi-Fi, check the router connection and, if possible, restart it once again.
Method 2: Force stopping the application
Sometimes, WhatsApp consumes too much data, or the incoming server traffic crosses the allowable threshold. In these cases, the app goes into hang mode, not allowing you to download any image or file. So, here you can force-stop the application and re-launch it.
Follow these steps to avoid any mistakes during the process.
- Go to Settings from your phone and scroll down to the option for Apps.
2. Click on it, and you will see many options. From here, select Manage apps.
3. Scroll down to find the option for WhatsApp and click on it.
4. Click on the Force Stop option at the bottom left corner and select Ok.
5. Now relaunch the application from the device menu and try downloading the file.
Method 3: Deleting files to free up storage
Check your device storage if you cannot download WhatsApp images even after force-stopping them. A full internal storage disc won’t accommodate any new files. So, navigate to Settings and check the internal storage. You may have to delete some files to make space for newly downloaded media.
Method 4: Correcting system date and time
Correcting the system date and time is one of the best ways to resolve the “WhatsApp images and files not downloading” error. If these are not synced with the GMT timeline, the application won’t allow you to download any file. To correct it, follow the steps.
- Navigate to Settings and click on the option for Date & Time.
- If “Set time zone automatically” is disabled, enable the feature to sync the date and time with GMT based on your location.
3. If not, you can click on the Date and Time option to select them manually.
4. Relaunch the WhatsApp application and try downloading the file.
Method 5: Clear app cache
WhatsApp stores different data files in the cache memory, like the emojis you use often or the reactions you give in the chat rooms. If this memory is overloaded, you might be unable to download the files. To fix this issue, follow the steps discussed below.
- Go to Settings and navigate to Apps. Open WhatsApp from the list.
- You will see a Clear Data option in the bottom right corner.
3. Click on it and then choose Clear cache.
4. Click Ok and try downloading the concerned file once again.
Here, we have discussed the top five ways to resolve the issue when downloading images and files from WhatsApp. Although these likely resolve the issue, there can be certain hiccups. In such a case, uninstall the application, turn off your phone, and again download it after switching on the device. Also, ensure to optimize the device security so that no corrupted file can cause the app to go into Hang mode.
PC randomly turns off? Resolve random PC shutdowns sans overheating. Learn quick fixes—update drivers, check hardware, scan for malware, and more in this comprehensive troubleshooting guide.
Fix the frustrating Exit Code 1 crash when trying to open Minecraft. This article provides 8 step-by-step solutions to resolve the error. Learn exactly what causes the Exit Code 1 Minecraft crash and how to get Minecraft running smoothly again.
This in-depth review explores Xnxubd 2021 Frame Rate X 2 – the AI-powered video playback enhancement software that delivers 2X smoother streaming and gaming.
GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 is a common issue that prevents the Share overlay from working properly. This article provides 9 fixes to resolve error code 0x0003.
Explore a comprehensive comparison between CCleaner VS Advanced SystemCare, two leading system optimization tools. Discover their features, functionalities, and performance to make an informed choice.
Discover the top 10 CCleaner alternatives for Mac in 2023. Explore a range of efficient, user-friendly programs like CCleaner for Mac tailored for a seamless macOS experience.
Discover the top 15 free live wallpaper apps for Windows 10 & 11 PC! Elevate your desktop experience with these dynamic and stunning wallpapers. Find the perfect app to personalize your desktop.
How to fix Unknown USB Device error which is also famous as Device Descriptor Request Failed error on Windows 11 and Windows 10 PC.
When you secure college admission to pursue a degree or diploma of your choice, what often comes to your mind? Except for those who got a chance to study in a specific university due to talent, especially sports, a significant proportion of students will want to land a well-paying job, whereas a few might opt […]