Unable to download WhatsApp images and other files? Top resolutions to try
WhatsApp is not just another app where one can chat or make calls over the internet. Instead, it is just like a virtual space where people can share documents, videos, images, and even voice notes apart from text messages. Since it has so many uses, how would you feel if you suddenly failed to download WhatsApp images and files?
It would be frustrating to the extent that you would start messing up with the app. In doing so, you might even delete the files accidentally, thereby taking the frustration to another level. To help you out of such situations, we have prepared a brief list of resolutions using which you can download the WhatsApp files in no time.
Why can you not download WhatsApp images and other files?
First, it will be better to have a quick discussion on the instances where you won’t be able to download WhatsApp images and media files. Knowing these will help you identify the issue and opt for the correct resolution in one go instead of trying a hit-and-trial approach.
- Poor internet connection is one of the major reasons for which the download can fail often.
- If your device has full memory, the files won’t be downloaded from WhatsApp. That’s because the downloaded files from the app need to be stored directly in the internal memory, which doesn’t have any more space left.
- When you restart the device or reboot, the date and time change. WhatsApp doesn’t allow users to download media if the system date and time don’t match Standard Time.
- If your device has an SD card and it is by default in the Read Only mode, you won’t be able to download the files from WhatsApp. You can only do so if the SD card allows Read and Write functions.
- Downloading will fail when you do not permit WhatsApp to access your internal storage locations.
- Sometimes, if WhatsApp is not updated to the latest version, the download process will automatically stall midway. It will resume only when you update the app version.
- Since WhatsApp has implemented huge security protocols, any corrupted file won’t be downloaded, no matter how small it is in byte size.
- Another common reason you cannot download WhatsApp images and files is a lack of supporting format. For instance, images in a zip file cannot be downloaded.
What are the best ways to resolve “WhatsApp images not downloading”?
In the below section, we have explained some of the most effective ways to resolve the “WhatsApp images and files not downloading” error within minutes.
Method 1: Checking the internet connection
The first thing you need to do is check the internet connection on the device. If the internet connection is poor or the network link is broken, you won’t be able to download the WhatsApp images.
So, you can turn off the mobile network and again switch it back or initiate aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. If your mobile is working with Wi-Fi, check the router connection and, if possible, restart it once again.
Method 2: Force stopping the application
Sometimes, WhatsApp consumes too much data, or the incoming server traffic crosses the allowable threshold. In these cases, the app goes into hang mode, not allowing you to download any image or file. So, here you can force-stop the application and re-launch it.
Follow these steps to avoid any mistakes during the process.
- Go to Settings from your phone and scroll down to the option for Apps.
2. Click on it, and you will see many options. From here, select Manage apps.
3. Scroll down to find the option for WhatsApp and click on it.
4. Click on the Force Stop option at the bottom left corner and select Ok.
5. Now relaunch the application from the device menu and try downloading the file.
Method 3: Deleting files to free up storage
Check your device storage if you cannot download WhatsApp images even after force-stopping them. A full internal storage disc won’t accommodate any new files. So, navigate to Settings and check the internal storage. You may have to delete some files to make space for newly downloaded media.
Method 4: Correcting system date and time
Correcting the system date and time is one of the best ways to resolve the “WhatsApp images and files not downloading” error. If these are not synced with the GMT timeline, the application won’t allow you to download any file. To correct it, follow the steps.
- Navigate to Settings and click on the option for Date & Time.
- If “Set time zone automatically” is disabled, enable the feature to sync the date and time with GMT based on your location.
3. If not, you can click on the Date and Time option to select them manually.
4. Relaunch the WhatsApp application and try downloading the file.
Method 5: Clear app cache
WhatsApp stores different data files in the cache memory, like the emojis you use often or the reactions you give in the chat rooms. If this memory is overloaded, you might be unable to download the files. To fix this issue, follow the steps discussed below.
- Go to Settings and navigate to Apps. Open WhatsApp from the list.
- You will see a Clear Data option in the bottom right corner.
3. Click on it and then choose Clear cache.
4. Click Ok and try downloading the concerned file once again.
Here, we have discussed the top five ways to resolve the issue when downloading images and files from WhatsApp. Although these likely resolve the issue, there can be certain hiccups. In such a case, uninstall the application, turn off your phone, and again download it after switching on the device. Also, ensure to optimize the device security so that no corrupted file can cause the app to go into Hang mode.
How to Fix the “Network Discovery is Turned Off” Error on Windows 11/10
Introduction: Among many common Windows errors, the “network discovery is turned off” error is an annoying obstacle that disrupts your workflow. Whether you’re trying to share files, stream media, or access shared printers, encountering this error can be perplexing and disruptive. The good news is that understanding the causes and solutions for this error can […]
How to Use the New Bing With ChatGPT
Introduction: Gone are the days of sifting through endless search results. With Bing, powered with ChatGPT, you can now ask questions in plain language and receive instant, personalized answers tailored to your needs. It’s like having a conversation with a knowledgeable search assistant right at your fingertips. So, agree or not, you are definitely in […]
How to Use Split Screen on a Mac
Introduction: In today’s fast-paced digital world, maximizing productivity is the key. Period. And being able to juggle multiple tasks seamlessly is a skill worth mastering. If you’re a Mac user looking to boost your multitasking abilities, you’re in luck. Apple’s macOS offers a powerful feature known as Split Screen, which allows you to effortlessly divide […]
How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11
Introduction: In the world of productivity, every single second counts. The last thing anyone wants is to be hindered by unnecessary obstacles while using their computer. One such obstacle is the lock screen that appears every time you wake up your Windows device. Though it may appear as a minor inconvenience, those valuable seconds spent […]
How to Find Your iPhone From an Android Device?
Introduction Mobile phones are the necessary daily gadget that functions the maximum amount of work for the user and help to communicate with people. It will be a disaster if you lose your iPhone anywhere on the street or office and have no idea how to recover it. Mostly you will panic and return to […]
How to Create a Custom Map in Google Maps
Introduction You may create Google custom maps that do not appear on anyone’s page by going to maps.google.com and using one of the many available choices. You do not need specialized software to make a unique map for you or someone else. All you require is Google Maps, which enables you to create a personalized […]
How to Repair Your Own iPhone
Introduction You can consider some DIY actions if your Apple device is not functioning as it once did or if your screen or another piece of the system is physically damaged. You may repair your iPhone yourself using these suggestions. You can fix an iPhone on your own using one of two methods. Purchasing new […]
The 5 Best Gaming Laptops in 2023
Introduction Are you looking for the best laptop to play high-specification games? Technology Industries have been producing revolutionary products in gaming PCs and Laptops. People invest a tremendous amount in building a gaming pc, so it requires multiple accessories to play the game. In contrast, gaming laptops are changing the aspect of the gaming experience. […]
How To Detect And Remove Keylogger From Windows PC?
Introduction Keyloggers are a famous tool hackers use to obtain passwords and other sensitive data. All they need is access to the device to detect keylogger in Windows PC. Once set up, the keylogger will operate silently in the background and capture the keystrokes you make on a physical or virtual keyboard. There are various […]
The Top Ten AI Chatbots: ChatGPT Alternatives for 2023
Introduction You may use the ChatGPT text maker to generate any script by putting the required word into the search box and browsing the likely answers. The machine heavily utilizes online data to discern the intricacies of the basic human-written text. We are now determining its ideal use cases for ChatGPT, a well-liked chatbot with […]