The best 5 ways to change the screen timeout on Windows 11
Do you always get frustrated when the laptop or PC screen gets blank after a few seconds of inactivity on Windows 11?
This is a common scenario that most people have to deal with. As a result, they always try to keep the screen active by moving the mouse or pressing any random key. Although it might sound normal, you will be restricted in front of the device.
So, the best solution is to change screen timeout on Windows 11. But the question is how! To guide you properly on this aspect, we have explained the best five ways to increase or decrease the Windows 11 operating system screen timeout in no time.
Method 1: Navigate to device Settings to change the screen timeout
One of the easiest ways to change the screen timeout is through the device Settings. Following are the steps you need to follow.
- Expand the Windows option and type Settings in the search bar, or you can directly open Settings by pressing Windows+I.
2. Navigate to System and then open Power & Battery.
3. Scroll down, and you will see the option for Screen and Sleep.
4. Click on it to expand the option, and there you will see different tabs.
5. Set the time for each with the help of the dropdown option.
6. Once done, close the Settings window; the screen timeout will change accordingly.
Method 2: Use Control Panel on the device
Control Panel is another way to change screen timeout for Windows 11. If you haven’t tried this method yet, follow the steps below.
- Open the Control Panel from the search bar in Windows 11.
2. Now navigate to Power Options from the list.
3. Click on Change from the option list on the left-hand side when the computer sleeps.
4. From the dropdown, select the required time for all four options, like turning off the battery display or when the system is plugged in for charging.
5. Once you are certain about the sleep time changes, click Save Changes, and the time will be saved.
Method 3: Relying on Terminal Window
If you want to avoid going through these lengthy processes, use the Terminal window to change screen timeout on Windows 11.
- First, right-click on the Windows option. Once the menu expands, click on Terminal.
- A black screen of Windows PowerShell will open.
3. You need to type in the command as: powercfg-change-monitor-timeout-ac 40. You can replace the number 40 with any value in seconds.
4. Once done, press Enter, and the timeout will change automatically.
Method 4: Navigate to Advanced Power Options on the device
- Press Windows+R to open the Run window.
- Once the dialog box opens, type in control.exe powercfg.cpl.
3. Press Ok and the Control Panel window will open.
4. Click on the option Choose when to turn off the display and select a certain time from the On Battery and Plugged In dropdown list.
5. Once done, click on Save Changes, and the time will be saved for display timeout.
Method 5: Modify the device’s Registry
The Registry is a hierarchical database for every operating system. You can easily alter the screen timeout for Windows 11 using this process. Following are the steps to be followed.
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows+R.
- Once the window opens, type regedit and click on Enter. This will open the Registry Editor on Windows 11.
- You need to navigate to the following location: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\8EC4B3A5-6868-48c2-BE75-4F3044BE88A7
4. Right-click on the Attributes option and then press Modify.
5. Once the dialog box opens, write 2 in the Value data and press Ok.
In this article, we have explained the best ways to change screen timeout on windows 11. If you are a beginner, use the Settings or Control Panel option since they are the easiest. On the contrary, if you want the process quicker or have advanced knowledge about the device and operating system, you can follow any of the three remaining processes we have explained, like the Registry window or Command Prompt window.
How to Fix the “Network Discovery is Turned Off” Error on Windows 11/10
Introduction: Among many common Windows errors, the “network discovery is turned off” error is an annoying obstacle that disrupts your workflow. Whether you’re trying to share files, stream media, or access shared printers, encountering this error can be perplexing and disruptive. The good news is that understanding the causes and solutions for this error can […]
How to Use the New Bing With ChatGPT
Introduction: Gone are the days of sifting through endless search results. With Bing, powered with ChatGPT, you can now ask questions in plain language and receive instant, personalized answers tailored to your needs. It’s like having a conversation with a knowledgeable search assistant right at your fingertips. So, agree or not, you are definitely in […]
How to Use Split Screen on a Mac
Introduction: In today’s fast-paced digital world, maximizing productivity is the key. Period. And being able to juggle multiple tasks seamlessly is a skill worth mastering. If you’re a Mac user looking to boost your multitasking abilities, you’re in luck. Apple’s macOS offers a powerful feature known as Split Screen, which allows you to effortlessly divide […]
How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11
Introduction: In the world of productivity, every single second counts. The last thing anyone wants is to be hindered by unnecessary obstacles while using their computer. One such obstacle is the lock screen that appears every time you wake up your Windows device. Though it may appear as a minor inconvenience, those valuable seconds spent […]
How to Find Your iPhone From an Android Device?
Introduction Mobile phones are the necessary daily gadget that functions the maximum amount of work for the user and help to communicate with people. It will be a disaster if you lose your iPhone anywhere on the street or office and have no idea how to recover it. Mostly you will panic and return to […]
How to Create a Custom Map in Google Maps
Introduction You may create Google custom maps that do not appear on anyone’s page by going to maps.google.com and using one of the many available choices. You do not need specialized software to make a unique map for you or someone else. All you require is Google Maps, which enables you to create a personalized […]
How to Repair Your Own iPhone
Introduction You can consider some DIY actions if your Apple device is not functioning as it once did or if your screen or another piece of the system is physically damaged. You may repair your iPhone yourself using these suggestions. You can fix an iPhone on your own using one of two methods. Purchasing new […]
The 5 Best Gaming Laptops in 2023
Introduction Are you looking for the best laptop to play high-specification games? Technology Industries have been producing revolutionary products in gaming PCs and Laptops. People invest a tremendous amount in building a gaming pc, so it requires multiple accessories to play the game. In contrast, gaming laptops are changing the aspect of the gaming experience. […]
How To Detect And Remove Keylogger From Windows PC?
Introduction Keyloggers are a famous tool hackers use to obtain passwords and other sensitive data. All they need is access to the device to detect keylogger in Windows PC. Once set up, the keylogger will operate silently in the background and capture the keystrokes you make on a physical or virtual keyboard. There are various […]
The Top Ten AI Chatbots: ChatGPT Alternatives for 2023
Introduction You may use the ChatGPT text maker to generate any script by putting the required word into the search box and browsing the likely answers. The machine heavily utilizes online data to discern the intricacies of the basic human-written text. We are now determining its ideal use cases for ChatGPT, a well-liked chatbot with […]