How to Make WhatsApp Web Video Calls in 2021?
What is WhatsApp and how can it enhance our communication experience—is well known by everyone, so we won’t repeat that.
Therefore, we are going to talk about the much-awaited WhatsApp Web feature—Video Calling. Early, WhatsApp Web won’t allow users to video call with their friends and colleagues, but recently, WhatsApp has enabled it.
From your virtual office meetings to lazy chit chat with your friends, you can easily make video calls with WhatsApp Web on your Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
Now, the primary steps to make WhatsApp Web video calls on multiple OS platforms are the same, but there are multiple different approaches that you can use. In this post, we will talk about all the possible ways to make WhatsApp Web video calls.
What is WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web is an extension of your smartphone’s WhatsApp app that you can run on your Windows and Mac computers without downloading the actual application. This WhatsApp version mirrors all the app features that you have been using on your Android or iOS phone.
Using WhatsApp Web, you don’t have to constantly navigate between your phone and laptop while working. You can also use your WhatsApp as your email account and freely send files and messages to your clients.
With a four million+ active user base, WhatsApp Web brings the following benefits:
- You can mirror your WhatsApp Web and mobile live chat without any hassle.
- To login to WhatsApp Web, a QR code is used, eliminating all the security and privacy threats.
- When you download something on WhatsApp mobile app, it will not automatically download on desktop or vice versa and saves data duplication and memory clouding.
How to Make WhatsApp Web Video Calls in Three Ways?
Today, we are going to share three prominent ways to make video calls using your Windows or Mac laptops or desktops. You can follow any of the methods as per your convenience—
1. Using your Facebook Messenger’s Room
If you have a Facebook account, you can make WhatsApp Web video calls directly from your web browsers. You just have to follow the instructions:
- Open your web browser and enter “WhatsAppWeb.com” in the search field, and open the login screen.
- On the other hand, pick your phone and click on the WhatsApp icon. Noteworthily, Android users should tap on three dots, and iPhone users need to go to the Settings tab.
- On your phone, tap on WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Web/Desktop option.
- Android and iPhone users have to tap on the Link A Device option and follow through instructions (if any).
- This is an important step where you have to scan the QR code present on your computer screen with your mobile phone camera.
- Now, your connection is prompted, and you are all set to use WhatsApp Web.
- To make a video call, you can head over to the vertical three-dots icon and click Create a Room.
- A pop up will appear on your screen; go click on Continue in Messenger and connect your Facebook account.
- Once your Room is created, you are ready to start video calls with your contacts.
- Although, you have to share a video call link with your friends.
- To create a group or specific contact room, open that chat window, press the attachment icon, and click Room, which is the last icon in the list.
Note – If you are using any biometric security settings on your device, your device’s operating system will ask you to reenter them as WhatsApp can’t automatically access the biometric information stored in your device’s OS.
2. Using Android Emulators
Video calling directly through Facebook Messenger Room is a very recent addition by WhatsApp. Therefore, if you don’t want to use it, you have to use Android emulators like AndY, Nox, BlueStacks, and others to download WhatsApp on your Windows or Mac. If you have Xcode, you can emulate iOS WhatsApp there as well.
To make WhatsApp Web video calls with Android Emulators, follow these steps:
- Go to your preferred Android Emulator’s website on your computer and download it.
- Click on the downloaded file to install on your system by following the prompted instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, open Emulator, and there you’ll find the Play Store app, open it.
- Search for WhatsApp and install it.
- You have to activate WhatsApp by entering your phone number, name, and OTP to complete the authentication process.
- You can now use the WhatsApp app—the way you have been already using it on your iOS and Android phones.
Note – You can’t simultaneously use your WhatsApp account on the Android emulator and your phone.
3. Download WhatsApp Web App
If you don’t prefer the other two options, you can simply download the WhatsApp Web or Desktop app from your Mac or Microsoft App Store. To download the WhatsApp Desktop app, you have to be on Windows 8.1 (higher) and MacOS 10.10 (higher).
The downloading process going to be:
- In your web browser, open the WhatsApp Download Page and download the .exe or .dmg file.
- Once the download is complete, initiate the installation process.
- Next, you have to use the QR code to link your phone and computer WhatsApp account (the process will be the same as discussed in the first method).
- Now, you have a fully functional WhatsApp working on your computer, and by clicking on the Camera icon, you can start video calls with your contacts.
- You can also make group video calls by adding up to 8 participants.
If you can’t make video calls on WhatsApp Web, you can use these common tips:
- There must be a problem with your internet connection as WhatsApp requires a steady WiFi or cellular data connection to make video calls.
- If your phone can’t send or receive messages from WhatsApp Web, it can disturb the QR linking process.
- WhatsApp has a good support system, which you consult when you are stuck anywhere.
WhatsApp Web might be used less than WhatsApp Android or iOS app currently, but the way the company is developing the web version, we can definitely say that it will soon pick up the pace.
Anyway, our team had a blast while testing all the WhatsApp Web video calling methods, so do share your experience after making WhatsApp video calls from your computer as well.
Needless to say, our smartphones are flooded with plentiful of mobile apps and out of those mobile apps, we can witness at least one enterprise app on our smartphone, well the count is still increasing. Certainly this is a good thing for the organizations, but the major question that arises here: Are these apps really […]
So, which one of your favorite games you have played today on Android? Well, the list is long when it comes to selecting one of your favorite games on Android. In addition to some amazing & useful apps, you can find abundant powerful games on Android Play Store as well. In this article, we have […]
Windows 10 is a sophisticated system designed by Microsoft to offer unique user experience to users. Here, it is loaded with all latest features & functionalities to help users fix various performance issues. Despite the fact, it is one of the most potent machines still it is not immune to some common computer problems. In […]
Gone are the days when lack of a powerful GPU and restrictive hardware design was considered as a blockade to experience some heavy duty games on Mac machines. Now, game developers are giving a lot of attention to offer some amazing games for Mac machines. Today, you can find many big-names from gaming world on […]
iPhone offers best user experience when it comes to different features and built-in utilities. Here, this smartphone comes packed with all necessary features to help you deal with all performance issues seamlessly. Further, you can also use these built-in features to boost your device battery performance significantly. In this article, we have discussed few important […]
What comes to your mind first when we talk about some useful messaging app? WhatsApp right! Well, WhatsApp was a revolution in a form of the nifty application when it started gaining pace amongst smartphone users. It has brought people closer with immense features it had incorporated in a small app to make user’s life […]
Google “how to earn extra money” and you will find barrage of options to earn some quick bucks by doing some petty jobs, part-time jobs and by trying your luck in poker or lottery. The irony with these solutions is that they offer you an option but that doesn’t necessarily fit into long-term earning requirements. […]
Apps available at Google Play Store are the best bet for you to perform numerous tasks seamlessly. Here, Android app developers are working hard to offer you futuristic solutions in your device in the form of nifty apps. Using these smart apps, you can perform from all basic to advanced tasks effortlessly. In this article, […]
Blockchain being a nascent technology is there to disrupt the traditional IT ecosystem with some improved offerings. Here, people are curious to know, access and implement this widely effective technology to gain some amazing results. Likewise, any other new technology it has its own limitations and one of them is cost-effectiveness. Here, companies are supposed […]
What makes blockchain special? Well, you may need to dig deep to understand blockchain technology as a whole but as quick perusal, the sudden rise of cryptocurrencies have definitely increased the interest of common man into blockchain technology lately. At the heart of the surge in blockchain technology is simply the quest and interest surrounding […]
Smartphones while working as a mini computer helps you to perform numerous tasks seamlessly. Further, these nifty devices are used to store plenty of your data in compiled manner. Here, you store your pictures, favorite audio & music files, personal videos, important documents, and lot more. Though smartphones are more potent today still they are […]
Duplicate files accumulate as a digital junk on your device that not only occupies precious storage space but it also affects your device performance negatively. Duplicate files accumulate on your device due to various reasons like same file downloading for multiple times, data backup, file sharing via different apps, due to thumbnails and other reasons. […]
iPhone X was much touted device of 2017 with a lot of speculations and expectations. Hence, Apple has tried to put some amazing features to it like Face ID but everything wasn’t sorted when users started using this device. Here, various iPhone X problems have started occurring over time. In this article, we have discussed […]
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a process of designing machines that have the ability to think in a certain way and react to the situation. Here, it is the intelligence of the machines which makes tasks easy for human. You may like it or not but AI could be used for anything say it for Google’s […]
Your powerful Windows computer may start crawling over time when not taken care of properly. Sluggish Windows performance is a common issue most users face after a period of time. The primary reasons behind it include a lot of junk files, obsolete apps & programs, virus issues, outdated software, outdated drivers, and more. While we […]