How to Make WhatsApp Web Video Calls in 2021?
What is WhatsApp and how can it enhance our communication experience—is well known by everyone, so we won’t repeat that.
Therefore, we are going to talk about the much-awaited WhatsApp Web feature—Video Calling. Early, WhatsApp Web won’t allow users to video call with their friends and colleagues, but recently, WhatsApp has enabled it.
From your virtual office meetings to lazy chit chat with your friends, you can easily make video calls with WhatsApp Web on your Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
Now, the primary steps to make WhatsApp Web video calls on multiple OS platforms are the same, but there are multiple different approaches that you can use. In this post, we will talk about all the possible ways to make WhatsApp Web video calls.
What is WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web is an extension of your smartphone’s WhatsApp app that you can run on your Windows and Mac computers without downloading the actual application. This WhatsApp version mirrors all the app features that you have been using on your Android or iOS phone.
Using WhatsApp Web, you don’t have to constantly navigate between your phone and laptop while working. You can also use your WhatsApp as your email account and freely send files and messages to your clients.
With a four million+ active user base, WhatsApp Web brings the following benefits:
- You can mirror your WhatsApp Web and mobile live chat without any hassle.
- To login to WhatsApp Web, a QR code is used, eliminating all the security and privacy threats.
- When you download something on WhatsApp mobile app, it will not automatically download on desktop or vice versa and saves data duplication and memory clouding.
How to Make WhatsApp Web Video Calls in Three Ways?
Today, we are going to share three prominent ways to make video calls using your Windows or Mac laptops or desktops. You can follow any of the methods as per your convenience—
1. Using your Facebook Messenger’s Room
If you have a Facebook account, you can make WhatsApp Web video calls directly from your web browsers. You just have to follow the instructions:
- Open your web browser and enter “WhatsAppWeb.com” in the search field, and open the login screen.
- On the other hand, pick your phone and click on the WhatsApp icon. Noteworthily, Android users should tap on three dots, and iPhone users need to go to the Settings tab.
- On your phone, tap on WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Web/Desktop option.
- Android and iPhone users have to tap on the Link A Device option and follow through instructions (if any).
- This is an important step where you have to scan the QR code present on your computer screen with your mobile phone camera.
- Now, your connection is prompted, and you are all set to use WhatsApp Web.
- To make a video call, you can head over to the vertical three-dots icon and click Create a Room.
- A pop up will appear on your screen; go click on Continue in Messenger and connect your Facebook account.
- Once your Room is created, you are ready to start video calls with your contacts.
- Although, you have to share a video call link with your friends.
- To create a group or specific contact room, open that chat window, press the attachment icon, and click Room, which is the last icon in the list.
Note – If you are using any biometric security settings on your device, your device’s operating system will ask you to reenter them as WhatsApp can’t automatically access the biometric information stored in your device’s OS.
2. Using Android Emulators
Video calling directly through Facebook Messenger Room is a very recent addition by WhatsApp. Therefore, if you don’t want to use it, you have to use Android emulators like AndY, Nox, BlueStacks, and others to download WhatsApp on your Windows or Mac. If you have Xcode, you can emulate iOS WhatsApp there as well.
To make WhatsApp Web video calls with Android Emulators, follow these steps:
- Go to your preferred Android Emulator’s website on your computer and download it.
- Click on the downloaded file to install on your system by following the prompted instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, open Emulator, and there you’ll find the Play Store app, open it.
- Search for WhatsApp and install it.
- You have to activate WhatsApp by entering your phone number, name, and OTP to complete the authentication process.
- You can now use the WhatsApp app—the way you have been already using it on your iOS and Android phones.
Note – You can’t simultaneously use your WhatsApp account on the Android emulator and your phone.
3. Download WhatsApp Web App
If you don’t prefer the other two options, you can simply download the WhatsApp Web or Desktop app from your Mac or Microsoft App Store. To download the WhatsApp Desktop app, you have to be on Windows 8.1 (higher) and MacOS 10.10 (higher).
The downloading process going to be:
- In your web browser, open the WhatsApp Download Page and download the .exe or .dmg file.
- Once the download is complete, initiate the installation process.
- Next, you have to use the QR code to link your phone and computer WhatsApp account (the process will be the same as discussed in the first method).
- Now, you have a fully functional WhatsApp working on your computer, and by clicking on the Camera icon, you can start video calls with your contacts.
- You can also make group video calls by adding up to 8 participants.
If you can’t make video calls on WhatsApp Web, you can use these common tips:
- There must be a problem with your internet connection as WhatsApp requires a steady WiFi or cellular data connection to make video calls.
- If your phone can’t send or receive messages from WhatsApp Web, it can disturb the QR linking process.
- WhatsApp has a good support system, which you consult when you are stuck anywhere.
WhatsApp Web might be used less than WhatsApp Android or iOS app currently, but the way the company is developing the web version, we can definitely say that it will soon pick up the pace.
Anyway, our team had a blast while testing all the WhatsApp Web video calling methods, so do share your experience after making WhatsApp video calls from your computer as well.
Finally, iOS 15 is now available to download, and it has brought many surprises along. The biggest iOS 15 surprise is that now Apple users can FaceTime with non-Apple users. Yep, you no longer need to use Zoom or Microsoft Teams to make video calls. Instead, Apple has allowed people to join a FaceTime call […]
We all want to secure our remote access for daily needs & projects. But how to get it done is a big question. Using a VPN this problem can be easily solved as it creates an encrypted tunnel to secure network connection. Acronym for Virtual Private Network (VPN) hides IP addresses allowing users to navigate […]
Are you looking for the best lead generation software? Then don’t look for the tool that can boost your sales or customer base. In fact, search for the tool that can integrate your CRM software for better KPIs and analytics. Lead capture software can do a lot more than improving your sales or traffic. It […]
Be it product branding or marketing; labels play a significant role in selling a product. In fact, the label helps to distinguish your products from others. Therefore, the designing and printing of your product label need to be perfect. And for this, we will talk about the best 5 label designing and printing software in […]
The following apps are tops. They have become popular with Android, so if you’re on the lookout for good and useful applications, it may be that you have a few of these apps already. There are many amazing apps for Android in the market but a few outshine the rest. Just about everyone finds these […]
While scrolling through Netflix, do you feel you’ve seen it all? Well, if that’s the case let us add some spice to it and shed new light on streaming services, gaming, Blu-rays, etc. Wondering how that would be possible? Well, using Light Mi Neo the best and pocket-friendly alternative to Philips’s sync box you can […]
We are living in an era where many platforms give you a space to create different kinds of content and there are different ways through which you can showcase your skills and talent and can earn a pretty good amount of money. You won’t be just earning money but you will also learn a lot […]
Due to recent events, the way people meet and greet has totally changed. Now, you no longer find dates or make friends in social gatherings or via mutual friends. Today, everything is virtual — from work to making new friends. Therefore, virtual dating and chat apps are getting highly popular these days. Among all the […]
Do you have a genuine reason to hack someone’s Instagram password? For instance, you want to keep an eye on your teen’s Instagram activities; your friend has forgotten his or her IG password or something else. Here if you have a legitimate reason to hack Instagram password, there are numerous legal Instagram password cracker tools […]
If you are wondering that augmented reality-based applications are still very far in the future, you are wrong. Today, AR-oriented websites and mobile applications are being developed rapidly; just look at the Apple 12 or EaseUS MobiMover websites to check mind-blowing AR effects. Additionally, users are nowadays looking for more realistic and personalized experiences from […]
Whether you want to follow the latest trends or wish to engage with your Instagram followers, IG Reels can help you with everything. But what if Instagram Reels are not working for you? Sounds scary! But it is possible. Despite Instagram being one of the most popular photos sharing platforms, it still faces numerous technical […]
Wireless earbuds are hot items these days, especially after Apple’s AirPods popularity. Now, to stimulate the wireless connectivity industry, xFyro has also introduced new ANC earbuds. The company claims to develop fully waterproof, 8-hour long battery life and superior HD sound quality powered with AI-technology earbuds. The product seems amazing from the company’s briefing, but […]
We’d like to welcome you to The Elder Scrolls Online’s Nightblade leveling guide! The build is intended to assist anyone who is upgrading a Nightblade in order to become a Magicka damage dealer. This isn’t a typical “leveling procedure,” but rather a structure that shows some of the most common constructions for this role. This […]
Apple TV is one of the finest streaming devices available, supporting SD, HD, and 4K resolutions. But why should you get it? Let’s find out! Apple just upgraded the Apple TV 4K, which means you can now view models from 2017 and 2021. But what is the difference and is it worthwhile to upgrade from […]
If one thing associated with Covid-19 outbreak that made life easier for people is evolution in video & digital platforms. Working and studying from home has seen a surge in demand for more quality videos. Recorded lectures, presentations, and other forms of video content are easily available now in HD quality, thanks to video editing […]