How to Clone Windows 11 to SSD/HDD/USB Drive
Cloning or saving Windows 11 to an external device can be helpful. It helps users from being stuck in odd situations when there are some errors in the system and no backup. It can be done manually or using a dedicated software tool like the EaseUS Todo Backup tool.
The free trial of this tool further makes it easy to clone the Windows 11 to any external device conveniently. The process remains the same for all external devices, and it has many privacy, personal, and professional benefits. Let us go through the detailed steps to clone Windows 11 to SSD/HDD/USB drive.
Preparations Before Cloning Windows 11 to SSD/HDD/USB Drive
Cloning can be used to save Windows 11 to any external device as a disk image copy. This technique can be used whenever a copy of the system is required in disaster recovery events. Hence, a digital copy of the Windows 11 is saved on an external storage device.
It is crucial to note here that cloning is different from backup. The initial process is the same for both, but their power to boot is the main difference. It is possible to boot from the cloning while backup saves data and doesn’t offer boot.
Further, before jumping to the different methods to clone Windows 11 to any external device, there needs to be a couple of preparations that are:
- Type of disk: While looking to clone Windows 11 to any external device, it is ideal to go for the 2.5 inches internal SSD that easily connects to the SATA port. It is easy to go for these disks for desktop computers with different ports to install SSD parallel to the current hard disk.
- Options for M.2 SSDs: A M.2 SSD slot is below the CPU and ideal for space issues users. The M.2 SSD comes with individual connectors, and hence it is important to go through the laptop or system compatibility before purchasing the SSD.
- Disk size: Once you’ve decided on the type of SSD, it is easy to find the USB drive also based on the size and space required. It is ideal to go for the size matching the system’s requirements.
- Preparing the SSD: Once the type and size of the SSD are selected, it is time to prepare it for cloning. It is ideal to go for the size of the larger external storage device than the system requirements.
- Cleaning a system backup: It is important to delete unnecessary data and files from the system. It is easy to delete the unnecessary programs from the system and back up the system with extra caution. It protects the data from being lost in the event of any issues.
Method 1: Using in-built system features:
There is no direct option of cloning in the disk management, but the built-in backup restore feature can be used to create a clone on any external storage device like a hard disk or USB. The quick steps to use system image backup to clone Windows 11 to SSD/ HDD/USB drive are:
- Go to the “Start” menu on the system and locate the control panel.
- Go to the “Backup and restore” option.
- Go to the “Create System Image” option located at the left pane.
- The system gives three options to save Windows 11 to the externally attached devices. These options include on a hard disk, one more DVD, and on a network location.
- While saving the copy of Windows 11 on an external hard disk, you can select the “external drive” option that leads the data to the connected disk to the system.
- You can go for the “confirm” option to start using system image creation.
- Open the system in the “Advanced Recovery Mode.”
- Locate the “Choose System Image Recovery” from troubleshoot and advanced options.
- Go to “connect the external device” and select to recover the PC.
- Hence, the Windows System Image Recovery uses the image and clones the entire data to the external disk.
- After creating the Windows 11 clone, you can restart the computer to any external storage device like SSD.
Method 2: Use EaseUS Todo Backup tool to clone Windows 11 to SSD/ HDD/ USB
There may be different issues as all the steps are required to use the system image recovery while cloning Windows 11 to any external device. Hence, many users look for quick and simple ways to clone Windows 11 and something effective that can be used on multiple devices at once.
EaseUS is a leading technology company with multiple users globally for its dedicated products like EaseUS disk partition master and EaseUS Todo Backup. The quick features of EaseUS Todo Backup include:
- Can quickly clone, sync, and backup Windows 11/10/8.1/7.
- Offers easy rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 after ten days only.
- Can restore Windows 11 on unsupported PCs.
- Complete support to Windows 11 system backup and restore.
It is an easy-to-use software that can clone Windows 11 to any external storage device using the following steps.
- Download the EaseUS Todo Backup tool from the official website.
- Open the software and go to the “Tools.”
- Go to the disk partition and go to “next.”
- It is easy to select the target disk from the visual board and ensure that it is greater than the source disk or partition.
- It shows a warning window that informs that this cloning can permanently clean the data on the disk and start cloning using the “Continue” option.
- Restart the system using cloned hard drive or SSD. Go to F2, F12, or Del key to enter the BIOS settings.
- Change the boot priority and set the option to boot from the newly cloned disk. Save the change and exit BIOS.
- You can start the computer.
Thus, it is super easy to clone Windows 11 to SSD/HDD/USB drive quickly. The easiest way is to use the EaseUS Todo Backup that quickly creates a backup of a hard drive on any other hard drive. Hence, it safely protects the operating system and other data as a digital copy.
There are two simple ways to achieve Windows 11 cloning to SSD/HDD/USB drive manually or automatically. We’ve mentioned the step-by-step process for manually cloning Windows 11. The best-recommended way is to download the EaseUS Todo Backup tool and enjoy a one-quick backup of Windows 11 to HDD, SSD, or USD drive.
Explore a comprehensive comparison between CCleaner VS Advanced SystemCare, two leading system optimization tools. Discover their features, functionalities, and performance to make an informed choice.
Discover the top 10 CCleaner alternatives for Mac in 2023. Explore a range of efficient, user-friendly programs like CCleaner for Mac tailored for a seamless macOS experience.
Discover the top 15 free live wallpaper apps for Windows 10 & 11 PC! Elevate your desktop experience with these dynamic and stunning wallpapers. Find the perfect app to personalize your desktop.
How to fix Unknown USB Device error which is also famous as Device Descriptor Request Failed error on Windows 11 and Windows 10 PC.
When you secure college admission to pursue a degree or diploma of your choice, what often comes to your mind? Except for those who got a chance to study in a specific university due to talent, especially sports, a significant proportion of students will want to land a well-paying job, whereas a few might opt […]
Fix the error “Windows Has Stopped this Device because it has Reported Problems” or Code 43 error on Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Here are the best script writing software which can help you write amazing stuff. These software to write scripts can make the process convenient for you.
n: CleanMyMac X is offering an exclusive 30% discount for Black Friday only. Get the top Mac optimization software at an unbeatable price. Learn about the powerful features of CleanMyMac X and why you should grab this 1-day deal.
Unsure when it’s time to seek professional help for resolving the application error (0xc0000005)? This blog post has got you covered with clear guidance and solutions.