How to Clone Windows 11 to SSD/HDD/USB Drive
Cloning or saving Windows 11 to an external device can be helpful. It helps users from being stuck in odd situations when there are some errors in the system and no backup. It can be done manually or using a dedicated software tool like the EaseUS Todo Backup tool.
The free trial of this tool further makes it easy to clone the Windows 11 to any external device conveniently. The process remains the same for all external devices, and it has many privacy, personal, and professional benefits. Let us go through the detailed steps to clone Windows 11 to SSD/HDD/USB drive.
Preparations Before Cloning Windows 11 to SSD/HDD/USB Drive
Cloning can be used to save Windows 11 to any external device as a disk image copy. This technique can be used whenever a copy of the system is required in disaster recovery events. Hence, a digital copy of the Windows 11 is saved on an external storage device.
It is crucial to note here that cloning is different from backup. The initial process is the same for both, but their power to boot is the main difference. It is possible to boot from the cloning while backup saves data and doesn’t offer boot.
Further, before jumping to the different methods to clone Windows 11 to any external device, there needs to be a couple of preparations that are:
- Type of disk: While looking to clone Windows 11 to any external device, it is ideal to go for the 2.5 inches internal SSD that easily connects to the SATA port. It is easy to go for these disks for desktop computers with different ports to install SSD parallel to the current hard disk.
- Options for M.2 SSDs: A M.2 SSD slot is below the CPU and ideal for space issues users. The M.2 SSD comes with individual connectors, and hence it is important to go through the laptop or system compatibility before purchasing the SSD.
- Disk size: Once you’ve decided on the type of SSD, it is easy to find the USB drive also based on the size and space required. It is ideal to go for the size matching the system’s requirements.
- Preparing the SSD: Once the type and size of the SSD are selected, it is time to prepare it for cloning. It is ideal to go for the size of the larger external storage device than the system requirements.
- Cleaning a system backup: It is important to delete unnecessary data and files from the system. It is easy to delete the unnecessary programs from the system and back up the system with extra caution. It protects the data from being lost in the event of any issues.
Method 1: Using in-built system features:
There is no direct option of cloning in the disk management, but the built-in backup restore feature can be used to create a clone on any external storage device like a hard disk or USB. The quick steps to use system image backup to clone Windows 11 to SSD/ HDD/USB drive are:
- Go to the “Start” menu on the system and locate the control panel.
- Go to the “Backup and restore” option.
- Go to the “Create System Image” option located at the left pane.
- The system gives three options to save Windows 11 to the externally attached devices. These options include on a hard disk, one more DVD, and on a network location.
- While saving the copy of Windows 11 on an external hard disk, you can select the “external drive” option that leads the data to the connected disk to the system.
- You can go for the “confirm” option to start using system image creation.
- Open the system in the “Advanced Recovery Mode.”
- Locate the “Choose System Image Recovery” from troubleshoot and advanced options.
- Go to “connect the external device” and select to recover the PC.
- Hence, the Windows System Image Recovery uses the image and clones the entire data to the external disk.
- After creating the Windows 11 clone, you can restart the computer to any external storage device like SSD.
Method 2: Use EaseUS Todo Backup tool to clone Windows 11 to SSD/ HDD/ USB
There may be different issues as all the steps are required to use the system image recovery while cloning Windows 11 to any external device. Hence, many users look for quick and simple ways to clone Windows 11 and something effective that can be used on multiple devices at once.
EaseUS is a leading technology company with multiple users globally for its dedicated products like EaseUS disk partition master and EaseUS Todo Backup. The quick features of EaseUS Todo Backup include:
- Can quickly clone, sync, and backup Windows 11/10/8.1/7.
- Offers easy rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 after ten days only.
- Can restore Windows 11 on unsupported PCs.
- Complete support to Windows 11 system backup and restore.
It is an easy-to-use software that can clone Windows 11 to any external storage device using the following steps.
- Download the EaseUS Todo Backup tool from the official website.
- Open the software and go to the “Tools.”
- Go to the disk partition and go to “next.”
- It is easy to select the target disk from the visual board and ensure that it is greater than the source disk or partition.
- It shows a warning window that informs that this cloning can permanently clean the data on the disk and start cloning using the “Continue” option.
- Restart the system using cloned hard drive or SSD. Go to F2, F12, or Del key to enter the BIOS settings.
- Change the boot priority and set the option to boot from the newly cloned disk. Save the change and exit BIOS.
- You can start the computer.
Thus, it is super easy to clone Windows 11 to SSD/HDD/USB drive quickly. The easiest way is to use the EaseUS Todo Backup that quickly creates a backup of a hard drive on any other hard drive. Hence, it safely protects the operating system and other data as a digital copy.
There are two simple ways to achieve Windows 11 cloning to SSD/HDD/USB drive manually or automatically. We’ve mentioned the step-by-step process for manually cloning Windows 11. The best-recommended way is to download the EaseUS Todo Backup tool and enjoy a one-quick backup of Windows 11 to HDD, SSD, or USD drive.
Google Chrome is the most popular, clean, and fast web browser of all time. On the top, several Google Chrome extensions are available to improve your browsing experience. Using the Chrome extensions, you can perform multiple operations without downloading a full program like password storage, control mouse gestures, run antivirus scans, and more. However, downloading […]
People use their Mac devices for various reasons, one of the most prominent ones being for browsing purposes. However, after visiting any website on the device, the browser version stores cache and other records of the query in the system. This affects the performance of the system as the excess records can lag the disk […]
Videos are one of the most popular media types among consumers currently, for posting promotional or informative content. This is why YouTube has one of the biggest user-bases currently, and people search for tools to easily download these files. However, YouTube features a strong algorithm and legal guidelines that stop people from downloading or using […]
ONLYOFFICE delivers the newest Docs v.7.0 with additional features, new upgrades, and a host of revisions for professional collaboration uses. (21 January, 2022)- Having a high-quality feature-rich office suite invigorates the productivity rate of companies, professionals, and even homeowners. ONLYOFFICE developers have therefore come up with the latest version of the DOCS online office suite. […]
Ever since WhatsApp launched its own Status feature, people are loving it. As we can add interesting images and videos to our WhatsApp Status to show it to others and also watch others’ status. But the problem often faced by the users is that WhatsApp does not have a Status saver option. So what do […]
It’s no secret that Covid-19 caught numerous businesses off guard in 2020, forcing employers to rapidly transition their staff from working on location to working remotely from home. Along with that transition will come the cybersecurity risks. Did you know that your company’s information can unintentionally be put at risk by you and your employees […]
For the continued safety of the digital system and files, many people download a third-party antivirus program into their device. These keep the system safe from security issues after an intricate scanning process. Windows devices can install options like Norton, Avast, or AVG for quick and efficient malware/virus detection. In many cases, the tag FileRepMalware […]
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) is expanding very quickly in the entire IT business. SaaS models are the first preferences of many enterprises because of their flexibility, cost-effectiveness and subscription-based model. In the pandemic, companies required the cloud network; thus, SaaS has only got growth and will be growing. Gartner and BMC have given highly optimized reports, according […]
In 2020, Apple’s M1 chip debuted and blew us all away with how much it improved performance and efficiency in the MacBook Air M1, Mac Mini M1, and MacBook Pro M1. Mac users were still on the M1 performance hangover when Apple launched M1 Pro and M1 Max with better performance promise. Both chips are […]
The ability to expand your product abroad requires software localization. Machine translators or proxy services can provide you with a surface level translation of your content, but this will not be nearly enough to make your product culturally appropriate or authentic in new markets. It’s also not a long-term answer if you want to expand […]