Google has been rolling out amazing applications since more than a decade. Apart from its search engine, it has been successful at developing and releasing numerous software programs and mobile applications that are effective and efficient. One of the latest additions to that list is none other than the Files Go. Currently available for the Android platform, it’s a multi-purpose app that offers different types of file management features. Actually, it takes all the important aspects of file management under one platform and merges them to create a powerful app. To find out more about this android app, continue reading.
Features of Files Go
In this competitive tech world, an app must possess excellent set of features along with functionality and user-friendliness. So, here’s a look at the key features offered by this app.
- App Cache Cleaner: The basic yet primary functionality of this app is assisting you in cleaning temporary junk files. App cache is a major antagonist in slowing down your android device. You must get rid of such junk files regularly in order to keep up the performance of your device. Although there are a lot of app cache cleaning apps for Android out there, this app from Google still stands out in performance. Unlike many other alternatives, this app lets you clean cache of all the apps in one instance. Just select the apps you want to clean cache and hit the button.
Read Also: Google Assistant – Review
- Duplicate File Remover: Everyone knows that duplicate files are really troublesome for your smartphone. Sometimes they may end up in your android’s storage through accidental file copies, repeated downloads, and several other ways. Regardless of reason, duplicate files are very irritating, as they’re hard to find manually. Furthermore, they eat up a lot of storage, slowing down your android’s performance as well. The duplicate file remover of Files Go is a great tool that lets you detect all the duplicate files and eventually deleting them. This feature also shows you the number of file versions of the same file on your android.
- Huge File Remover: There may be a few instances, where you may copy or download a large file onto your android and then forget about it. Such phenomena would simply create a storage problem, which eventually leads to poor performance of your android. It’s better to delete any large files that you don’t really use regularly. This app regularly scans through your android and detects large files. It then intimates you about the scan results, so that you can take a decision of either deleting them or keeping them, if they’re important.
- File Explorer: It’s really frustrating if you don’t have a file explorer app in your smartphone. It could get quite difficult finding a file without a dedicated app for that. Usually, many android phones don’t come equipped with a file explorer app. You need to download an effective app from the Play Store. But, you can get the file explorer feature from this app. Isn’t it great to have a file explorer app that also does several other things?! You can search through your files by different categories and filters.
- File Sharer: One more great feature offered by this app is, offline file sharer. You don’t need an internet connection to transfer files through this app. You can transfer files to nearby devices through WPA2 encrypted system, which is a very secure way. The file sharing feature of this app is superfast and secure. The speed of file transfers can go as high as 490 MBPS.
- File Backups: Finally, you can also backup your local files to cloud systems. You can either backup important files to your Google Drive or any other cloud storage account. This feature can help you keep your files safe and secure permanently on a cloud account.
Pros & Cons
Here’s a look at some of the pros and cons of this app from Google:
- This app is very lightweight with just 9MB of file size.
- Very easy to use, one of the most user-friendly file management apps.
- Encrypted file sharing feature.
- A great file organizer for android, helping you maintain your device.
- Helps you boost up the performance of your android device.
- The file manager feature of this app doesn’t allow you to copy or delete files.
Read Also: CCleaner App Review
Files Go from Android is overall a great file management app, especially for the less tech savvy users. It is targeted mainly towards common users, empowering them with several file management options. It doesn’t really occupy a lot of space in your device, making it a small yet powerful app. Download this app from here and clean off the junk files off your android.