Asphalt racing games are highly popular among the gamers. The franchise is very successful, as you can see they’ve released 8 games so far. Racing games are fun to play, as they offer thrill and adrenaline-pumping moments. Arcade racing has become a highly exciting genre, which is why millions of gamers play these games. If you’re a fan of high-flying racing games, Asphalt 8 is definitely for you. The developers have built this game with all the necessary elements that makes a racing game great. Furthermore, this game is free to play, making it a household name. Continue reading to educate yourself about the ins and outs of this game.
- Realistic visuals, making you feel like if you’re racing in real life.
- Rewards that you can earn, which can be used to unlock different items.
- Exceptional graphics, especially designed to work on average hardware.
- High-flying gameplay, which challenges to better yourself to win.
- Real life car models, offering you an authentic feel while racing.
- In-game music offers several types of music options such as Rock, Bass, and Electronic Music.
Read Also: Best Android Games
- Garage that offers a lot of customization to your car.
- Tons of cars, racetracks, climate conditions, and many more that you can choose from.
- Slow motion stunts, that makes this game all more interesting.
- Ability to takedown your competitor cars by dashing it out.
- Multi-player modes, where you can race on behalf of your friend.
- Rewards for stunt performed, which you can use to buy or upgrade special features.
Asphalt 8 has a simple yet interesting theme, as it’s a rare game that offers something to every type of racer out there. You can participate in a race via different modes. World Series mode of this game allows you to race with racers from all around the world, connected through internet. Quick Solo Race mode lets you play this game with basic gameplay. Career mode of this game offers you a chance to build your racing portfolio in this racing game. Career mode is played by majority of the players, as it lets you being with minimal budget, where you can gradually earn points by winning races.
Asphalt 8 offers a unique gameplay, where you don’t really have to follow the rules. You can simply race this game through different routes. You can also trick your competitors by drifting through shortcuts you may find. Although this game is fairly easy to play, winning a race is quite a different story. The AI of this game is very challenging, and it becomes much more complicated with the initial vehicle you start with. You may either purchase upgrades or win a race to compensate for the features you desire. Each race event is associated with a city, which offers you a fresh feel for every event. Asphalt 8 offers you a great opportunity to perform stunts such as Flat spin jumps, Barrel rolls, and many more.
The developer of this game, Gameloft is popular for their games that offer amazing graphics. Asphalt 8 is no different in this aspect, as it packs up excellent set of graphical features that makes you go awe! The slow motion effects must be specially mentioned, as they make the stunts look amazing. The dynamic factors such as weather and infrastructure are designed with near perfection levels, as you may feel if you’re really racing on roads. Since this is a multi-platform game, the developers have taken extra care to built graphics that are perfectly aligned with all platforms, whether it’s desktop or mobile.
This game has been developed to accommodate majority of the devices, along with offering great gameplay. If you’re about to run this game on Windows PC, make sure you have a minimum hardware requirements as a RAM of 2GB, Operating System which is Windows 8.1 or higher, DirectX 11, and Core-to-duo processor. For Android users, you must have 1 GB RAM and Operating system which is 2.2 or higher. Any iPhone with iOS version 5 or higher can play this game.
This is one of the only few racing games that is compatible with multiple platforms. Asphalt 8 supports any device that runs on Microsoft Windows, Android, BlackBerry, Microsoft Phone, iOS, Tizen, and tvOS. Even with such a whopping list of compatible devices, this game doesn’t comprise in terms of quality.
Read Also: PUBG – Game Review
Pros & Cons
This game has been rated one of the best multi-platform racing games out there. So, let’s see the prominent pros and cons of it.
- Stunning visuals that offer thrilling gameplay.
- Compatible with more than 5 platforms, you can play on almost any device you own.
- Realistic physics when compare to other arcade racing games.
- Tons of cars, racetracks, weather conditions, and cities that can be unlocked.
- High scope for customization, as you can personalize your car with different design models, colors, capacity levels, and many more.
- Freely available for most of the devices.
- Regular Updates that offer new features and settings.
- The main menu of this game is a bit confusing for the first timers.
- Advancing through game without in-app purchases is quite difficult.
Asphalt 8: Airborne is a complete action-packed and high-flying arcade racing game, which is adored by tons of racing gamers. The amount of customization you get from this game is overwhelming, as you can pick luxury cars like Ashton Martin and Bugatti and completely change the dynamics of it according to your liking. The in-game music offers you the adrenaline pump that you need to get excited. Download this game from here and enjoy racing.