ExpressVPN Review – The Best VPN To Stay Secure Online
With emerging cyber threats, the best VPN software keeps your online activities secure. It helps to keep your network protected and transmit all of your data through a secure tunnel. Now that there are a number of VPN services available online, choosing the best one could be a tricky task. To help you with this, we have tested and reviewed one of the best VPNs available called ExpressVPN.
What is a VPN?
In simple words, a virtual private network (VPN) adds an extra layer of security and privacy to transmitted data. This tunnel encrypts the data sent over both public and private networks. This means cybercriminals will not be able to intercept, or read your data.
All of this makes a VPN essential for securing data. But knowing which one to use and trust is tough. With a lot of competition around, a VPN that offers diverse server locations, unblocks sites, and enables online streaming of Netflix and other services is important.
ExpressVPN with a huge network of servers helps you stay anonymous, enjoy unrestricted access, secure your data from identity theft and more. Not only this, using ExpressVPN you can unblock sites like Netflix and use it on various platforms like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux and more.
|Superfast download||A bit expensive for budget users|
|Allows BitTorrent and P2P on all servers||Speeds up selective downloads|
|Simple-to-use interface||Android app is Open-VPN only|
|No activity or connection logs||To use the browser extension, you need the ExpressVPN app|
|Allows access to Netflix and offers diverse servers in 160 location across 94 countries|
|30 day money back guarantee|
Therefore, ExpressVPN is the best choice.
Here we have listed the prominent features that makes it stand out from the crowd.
- Privacy – Every VPN claims to offer privacy, but when you dive into the details there’s nothing to back up the claim. ExpressVPN is different because the company doesn’t just claim to offer privacy using its built-in features, you’ll agree to what this VPN claims.
For instance, ExpressVPN uses a 4096-bit SHA-512 RSA certificate to encrypt data and protect it from being intercepted during transmission.
Another layer of security is added by Perfect Forward Secrecy that assigns a new key to the connection and replaces it every 60 minutes while the connection is open. This means if an attacker manages to get into your system, they get only 1 hour of data after that they are locked out.
What’s more is their DNS leak protection, which prevents data from being leaked via the tunnel. DNS support runs its own private 256-bit encrypted DNS, to secure data. All this gives their service an upper hand.
- No Log Policy – Zero log is another claim made by most VPN providers, but behind this they often hide certain privacy policies concealing that they might log some information.
Again here, ExpressVPN is a bit different. The company believes that privacy is everyone’s fundamental right. Keeping this in mind ExpressVPN provides a link within a no log statement to explain things better.
The page states that ExpressVPN does not keep any log of your IP address or of the websites you visit. However, there will be some logging of the date you used the service and your choice of the server. This is only done to keep servers updated. Besides this, no other data is logged or stored.
- Performance – Without speed and a smooth connection a VPN is good for nothing. ExpressVPN’s Open-VPN enables you to connect to every server within two to five seconds. Not only this, there are no connection drops. You can use the server for as long as you want. To check this, you can use benchmarking sites like TestMy.net and SpeedTest.
- Netflix – This one is the biggest and most outstanding feature of ExpressVPN. Along with unblocking websites, ExpressVPN lets you stream your favorite content on Netflix.
Simply login to US servers and bypass the block. But it won’t be always this simple as Netflix knows what users do to get around the geo-restrictions. Therefore, Netflix constantly updates their system to detect and block these individual VPNs. ExpressVPN understands it and scores 100/100 in this area. Using ExpressVPN you can unblock Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney+, YouTube and other online streaming services.
In addition to these features, ExpressVPN even allows torrenting and avoids common problems you face with other VPN providers. Using this VPN, you stay safe and access everything you want from geo-blocked content to torrents and so much more.
- Plans & Pricing –Unlike most VPNs, ExpressVPN offers a simple pricing structure starting from $12.95 monthly going up to $ 99.95 annually. This is indeed expensive for budget users, but ExpressVPN comes loaded with tons of features compared to other VPNs available on the market. Therefore, you can consider opting for this plan for your advanced needs.
To pay for a subscription you can use any mode of payment including Bitcoins. There is a 30-day money back guarantee with ExpressVPN.
How to setup and download ExpressVPN
- Sign up and download the ExpressVPN software.
- Login to the email address that you used to sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Here, you’ll be able to see the Welcome Email from ExpressVPN.
- Click on the “Set Up ExpressVPN” button.
- If you are unable to find the Email click here to sign in to your Express account.
- After clicking on the link received in the email or signing in to the website, ExpressVPN will be downloaded. If you are using Windows you will see the Download for Windowsbutton.
- Make sure you do not close the window, as the activation code that you’ll need to register will be displayed here.
- Now that you have the VPN downloaded it’s time to install the app.
- Double click the download file and wait for the process to finish.
- Once the installation is finished click Yes to complete setup and click Sign In.
- When asked for it, enter the activation key (to avoid manual errors we recommend copy and pasting) and then click Continue.
- Once the setup is done, Launch ExpressVPN.
- Now click select the server and the button under which Click to connect is written.
14. You’re good to go!
The Verdict of ExpressVPN
Using ExpressVPN, you can unblock geo-restricted sites, keep data safe, use it on any platform and do a lot more. The only drawback of this best VPN is that it could be an expensive choice for budget users. But with the amount of features and security that it offers, it makes it the best option for users who are looking for an advanced VPN solution in the market. Do try this powerful virtual private network software and share your experience in the comments below.
How to Fix the “Network Discovery is Turned Off” Error on Windows 11/10
Introduction: Among many common Windows errors, the “network discovery is turned off” error is an annoying obstacle that disrupts your workflow. Whether you’re trying to share files, stream media, or access shared printers, encountering this error can be perplexing and disruptive. The good news is that understanding the causes and solutions for this error can […]
How to Use the New Bing With ChatGPT
Introduction: Gone are the days of sifting through endless search results. With Bing, powered with ChatGPT, you can now ask questions in plain language and receive instant, personalized answers tailored to your needs. It’s like having a conversation with a knowledgeable search assistant right at your fingertips. So, agree or not, you are definitely in […]
How to Use Split Screen on a Mac
Introduction: In today’s fast-paced digital world, maximizing productivity is the key. Period. And being able to juggle multiple tasks seamlessly is a skill worth mastering. If you’re a Mac user looking to boost your multitasking abilities, you’re in luck. Apple’s macOS offers a powerful feature known as Split Screen, which allows you to effortlessly divide […]
How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11
Introduction: In the world of productivity, every single second counts. The last thing anyone wants is to be hindered by unnecessary obstacles while using their computer. One such obstacle is the lock screen that appears every time you wake up your Windows device. Though it may appear as a minor inconvenience, those valuable seconds spent […]
How to Find Your iPhone From an Android Device?
Introduction Mobile phones are the necessary daily gadget that functions the maximum amount of work for the user and help to communicate with people. It will be a disaster if you lose your iPhone anywhere on the street or office and have no idea how to recover it. Mostly you will panic and return to […]
How to Create a Custom Map in Google Maps
Introduction You may create Google custom maps that do not appear on anyone’s page by going to maps.google.com and using one of the many available choices. You do not need specialized software to make a unique map for you or someone else. All you require is Google Maps, which enables you to create a personalized […]
How to Repair Your Own iPhone
Introduction You can consider some DIY actions if your Apple device is not functioning as it once did or if your screen or another piece of the system is physically damaged. You may repair your iPhone yourself using these suggestions. You can fix an iPhone on your own using one of two methods. Purchasing new […]
The 5 Best Gaming Laptops in 2023
Introduction Are you looking for the best laptop to play high-specification games? Technology Industries have been producing revolutionary products in gaming PCs and Laptops. People invest a tremendous amount in building a gaming pc, so it requires multiple accessories to play the game. In contrast, gaming laptops are changing the aspect of the gaming experience. […]
How To Detect And Remove Keylogger From Windows PC?
Introduction Keyloggers are a famous tool hackers use to obtain passwords and other sensitive data. All they need is access to the device to detect keylogger in Windows PC. Once set up, the keylogger will operate silently in the background and capture the keystrokes you make on a physical or virtual keyboard. There are various […]
The Top Ten AI Chatbots: ChatGPT Alternatives for 2023
Introduction You may use the ChatGPT text maker to generate any script by putting the required word into the search box and browsing the likely answers. The machine heavily utilizes online data to discern the intricacies of the basic human-written text. We are now determining its ideal use cases for ChatGPT, a well-liked chatbot with […]