Last updated on February 24th, 2020 at 03:41 pm
Have you ever lost important data due to hard disk failure, human error, malware attack or any other reason? Or felt a moment of panic where you thought you lost it?
With the renaissance of ransomware to target organizations with brute force attacks through RDP and phishing emails, backups have become inevitable. This is why the need for reliable backup software arises. But finding a good, trustworthy, handy backup software has become a task to be done.
Iperius Backup is the right solution for it. This powerful and advanced backup software helps reduce the nuance that can put an end to a business. Iperius Backup is a versatile backup tool that comes both as free and paid versions.
We have tested and reviewed this one of the best Windows backup software. Let’s discuss what we found and why you should use it for your backup needs?
Iperius Backup Software: An Advanced Backup Solution
Iperius Backup solution is an all in one backup software for Windows 10/8/7 and all server systems including Server 2012 and Server 2016. This best disk cloning and backup software caters to all your data backup needs. It is an easy to use, flexible backup utility that offers a lot of features. You can not only create backups of files and folders, but can also use it with Virtual Machines, Database servers, etc.
Although, Iperius Backup’s basic version is free yet, it is feature rich and is equipped with all modern features.
Highlights- Iperius Backup
- Incremental backup, Backup scheduling, and Multiple Backup Locations
- Email notifications
- Disk cloning/ disk imaging
- Open file backup (VSS) and synchronization
- Backup to NAS, USB drives, FTP and Cloud
- Data Backups (SQL Server and MySQL)
- Hyper-V virtual machine backup
- Cloud Backup (Google Drive, Azure Storage, OneDrive, Amazon S3, etc.)
- German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Chinese (Simplified)
- Windows XP and Server 2003 upwards
Iperius Backup: Review
Design and Interface
Interface of the Iperius backup tool gives the feeling of user friendliness and pro level application. This program is an example of the perfect balance between value and cost.
The stability and reliability Iperius backup offer is too good to be true. Options such as sourcing the backup from shadow copies instead of current files is one of the most outstanding features and is well thought out. It saves from encountering open file errors. All this and other options Iperius backup offers make it clear that this Windows backup solution is well planned.
In addition to this, Iperius powerful Console allows monitoring all the backups from the web panel. You can check logs, errors, run a backup job, edit scheduled backup and more.
All in one solution
Iperius is right for all types of backup tasks be it for your PC, data servers, workstations, or virtual machines. This Windows backup utility offers various features and functions to perform all types of backup jobs.
You can make backups and synchronize files to external USB drives, TAPE and NAS devices, other systems on the network, FTP servers. You can also use secure FTP/SFTP to upload and download unlimited number of files and can also encrypt files using AES 256 bit.
This is just the tip of the iceberg Iperius Backup has more to offer. Using this best disk cloning software you can create disk images to recover the system. Disk images are created in VHD/VHDX format that allows recovering individual files or reinstallation complete server/ system even on a different hardware.
You can also take backup of VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines. Plus can take incremental and differential backup of virtual machines on ESXi, ESXi Free, etc.
Interesting isn’t it?
Wait there’s more Iperius even offers online backup capabilities that include the Cloud Backup. Using it you can send encrypted or compressed files to online storage services like Google Driver, Amazon S3 and similar.
Easy Installation and Registration
Both free and paid versions offer easy installation. For all program editions be it Windows or server systems you just need one installation file as the license code is in accordance with the program edition. This means a simple code can give you the edition you want to use.
By default Freeware is installed on your system that can be converted into a Trial version for 21 days or activated using the purchased license code.
Light on system resources and portable
Iperius Backup solution is considered as one of the best disk cloning software and Windows backup utility, as it consumes low resources and is portable. Not only this, the backup software is stable and ensures risk-free installation on critical server systems. What’s more, its flexibility makes it an easy to use tool to transfer data for both companies and individuals.
Multi device backup
Using this backup and best disk cloning software you can take different types of backup on various devices like, external USB drivers, NAS, Cloud storage services, RDX, networked computer, LTO or DAT tapes, FTP servers, etc.
Another important thing about Iperius best disk cloning software is you can take backup of any database. Moreover, you can backup and restore Exchange mail servers even incrementally. Using a single license you can protect unlimited Exchange mail servers, unlimited mailboxes, etc.
Iperius Backup is backed by a company who has expertise in the software development industry for many years. Not only this, the company offers backup and data protection tools that have been trusted by both individuals and companies. Moreover, Iperius Backup offers quality customer support, free updates. With low cost licenses and no annual renewal this backup tool is considered as best Windows backup utility and disk cloning software.
Iperius Backup Features
- Cloud Backup, Exchange Backup, and FTP Backup / Sync options
- Backup of ESXi and Hyper-V and Backup/Restore Vmware Esxi/Free-vCenter (CBT)
- Customizable Paths & Settings with Automatic Update option
- Chaining of Backup Jobs and Automatic Authentication on Network Shares
- Tape Backup and Inclusion and Exclusion Filters
- Installation as Windows Service
- Disk backup / Network and Drive Image
- Databases Backup, Open file backup (VSS), and Multiple & Parallel Backups
- Advanced features
- Allows Vmware backup and imaging
- Intuitive interface
- Each job supports multiple destinations
- Supports network and online destinations
- Backup to NAS, Exchange/SQL support
- Easy to setup & use.
- Online storage setup is time consuming
- Confusing steps for linking sources and destinations
- Limited Exchange backup
- No remote deployment tools
- Google drive configuration is a lengthy process
How to Use Iperius Backup Software?
Using Iperius Backup software is very simple. Once the backup solution is installed, click the button as shown in the image to activate the full version.
This will activate the full version for 21 days. If you need more time to test the product, send a simple email via contact form. This will help to get an extension for the trial period.
Note: Once the trial period ends, Iperius will automatically revert to the Freeware edition. You can continue using it without any limitation.
Now that you have the product installed it let’s start creating the first backup.
1. Click Create new backup button.
2. This will bring up a wizard that will guide you through the backup process. Select files, folders, Windows Driver images, etc that you want to backup and click Next.
3. Now, select backup destination. If you want to save the backup in a folder click on Folder icon and enter the required details in the pop window. Press OK > Next.
4. After this if you want to run selected backup automatically you can set a schedule and press Next.
5. Now, select the options to compress the backup, display background operations and others and press Next.
6. Set email notifications and other process by clicking Next
7.Once the backup is finished you will see a Summary.
The tool can backup ESXi and Hyper-V virtual machines. Thus, you can backup data from these machines too.
Verdict of Iperius Backup
According to us what makes Iperius a perfect backup tool is that it offers tons of useful features including:
- Incremental backup to NAS, disk, USB, RDX, network
- Automatic backup and e-mail notifications
- Compression, running of external scripts, advanced filters
- Compatible with Windows Server
Iperius also offers disk imaging and open file backup that makes it a perfect tool. This tool is worth trying.
Give it a try today and share your experience in the comments below.