Why Use Windows 10 System Image Tool?
Backup is the best plan to deal with hardware failure, software issues, malware that can damage installation and corrupt system files. It helps safeguard crucial and system files. Now that if you want to stay protected from these attacks use Windows 10 built in System Image Backup tool.
This tool helps keep copy of everything stores on your device including Windows 10 installation, settings, apps, files, etc.
How to create System Image in Windows 10
- To get started press Windows + R keys. This will bring up the Run window.
- Here type control panel and press Enter.
- Once you have Control Panel open, click Backup and Restore (Windows 7) under System and Security.
- In the new window the open click Create a system image from the left pane.
- Windows will now scan your system for backup devices and will offer different options to create system image. You can select any of the methods according to your choice.
Note: If you plan to take backup on a network location remember it is for advanced users and require some expertise. However, if you are just like me and would like to use an external drive there’s nothing to worry.
- Since I am using external drive, I made sure it is plugged it. After selecting it click Start Backup and wait for image to be created.
- While the backup is being saved you will see a progress screen. The amount of time it takes will depend on the amount of data and hardware.
- Once done, you’ll get the option to create USB recovery drive. (If you have not done it yet, do create one).
To check if the image you created was successful or not head to the drive or network location. Here look for a folder names WindowsImageBackup.
This is it, using these steps you can easily use Windows 10 built in option called System Image to create a complete replica of your installation along with partitions.
The only drawback of this tool is, it doesn’t support restoring to partition layouts that are smaller in size than the drive it’s replacing.