How to Create System Image in Windows 10
Why Use Windows 10 System Image Tool?
Backup is the best plan to deal with hardware failure, software issues, malware that can damage installation and corrupt system files. It helps safeguard crucial and system files. Now that if you want to stay protected from these attacks use Windows 10 built in System Image Backup tool.
This tool helps keep copy of everything stores on your device including Windows 10 installation, settings, apps, files, etc.
How to create System Image in Windows 10
- To get started press Windows + R keys. This will bring up the Run window.
- Here type control panel and press Enter.
- Once you have Control Panel open, click Backup and Restore (Windows 7) under System and Security.
- In the new window the open click Create a system image from the left pane.
- Windows will now scan your system for backup devices and will offer different options to create system image. You can select any of the methods according to your choice.
Note: If you plan to take backup on a network location remember it is for advanced users and require some expertise. However, if you are just like me and would like to use an external drive there’s nothing to worry.
- Since I am using external drive, I made sure it is plugged it. After selecting it click Start Backup and wait for image to be created.
- While the backup is being saved you will see a progress screen. The amount of time it takes will depend on the amount of data and hardware.
- Once done, you’ll get the option to create USB recovery drive. (If you have not done it yet, do create one).
To check if the image you created was successful or not head to the drive or network location. Here look for a folder names WindowsImageBackup.
This is it, using these steps you can easily use Windows 10 built in option called System Image to create a complete replica of your installation along with partitions.
The only drawback of this tool is, it doesn’t support restoring to partition layouts that are smaller in size than the drive it’s replacing.
Explore a comprehensive comparison between CCleaner VS Advanced SystemCare, two leading system optimization tools. Discover their features, functionalities, and performance to make an informed choice.
Discover the top 10 CCleaner alternatives for Mac in 2023. Explore a range of efficient, user-friendly programs like CCleaner for Mac tailored for a seamless macOS experience.
Discover the top 15 free live wallpaper apps for Windows 10 & 11 PC! Elevate your desktop experience with these dynamic and stunning wallpapers. Find the perfect app to personalize your desktop.
How to fix Unknown USB Device error which is also famous as Device Descriptor Request Failed error on Windows 11 and Windows 10 PC.
When you secure college admission to pursue a degree or diploma of your choice, what often comes to your mind? Except for those who got a chance to study in a specific university due to talent, especially sports, a significant proportion of students will want to land a well-paying job, whereas a few might opt […]
Fix the error “Windows Has Stopped this Device because it has Reported Problems” or Code 43 error on Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Here are the best script writing software which can help you write amazing stuff. These software to write scripts can make the process convenient for you.
n: CleanMyMac X is offering an exclusive 30% discount for Black Friday only. Get the top Mac optimization software at an unbeatable price. Learn about the powerful features of CleanMyMac X and why you should grab this 1-day deal.
Unsure when it’s time to seek professional help for resolving the application error (0xc0000005)? This blog post has got you covered with clear guidance and solutions.