How to Recover Accidentally Deleted Facebook or WhatsApp Messages
If you have lost your important chats recently and wonder how to recover accidentally deleted Facebook or WhatsApp messages, then this guide is for you. Here, we have covered ways to retrieve permanently deleted Facebook or WhatsApp messages both on Android and iOS devices.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Facebook Messages?
If you are regretting deleting your important Facebook chats accidentally, then you can retrieve your deleted messages by using simple methods both on your Android and iPhone devices.
Method to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android
Android device users can quickly recover accidentally deleted Facebook messages by following three solutions according to their desire.
Solution One – Recover Deleted Facebook Chat via Facebook Messenger
Sometimes when people archive their Facebook chats and consider it deleted, but that’s not true as they have just archived their message and can retrieve their chat using Facebook messenger app in the following manner.
- Open your Facebook messenger app and click on your recent chats.
- You can tap on the search bar present on the top to search the archived conversations.
- Once find your deleted message, then you can Unarchive it. To find the Archived messages in website version: Messages > More > Archived.
Solution Two – Recover Deleted Messages via Android Phone Memory
Facebook messenger has a default feature where a copy of your messages is stored on the physical memory of your Android device. Using this feature, you can simply retrieve your deleted Facebook messages in the following way.
- You have to download a File Explorer app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Start the application and go to your Device internal storage > Android > Data.
- You have to next search the file named com.facebook.orca” and then go to Cache > fb_temp. This file will contain a backup of your Facebook messages which you can easily restore.
Solution Three – Recover Deleted Facebook Messages from Downloaded Facebook Data
To protect your Facebook messages from getting lost, you can create a copy of your Facebook data on your computer or Android smartphone. You can create Facebook data by the following steps.
- Login to your Facebook account and click on Settings and then tap on General Account Settings.
- Press the Download a copy of your Facebook data link and then click Start My Archive option.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your Facebook account password and then by clicking on download Archive, your Facebook data will be compressed to your device.
- You can unzip file anytime to check your Facebook messages.
Method to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on iOS
If you are an iPhone user, then you have plenty of options to recover accidentally deleted Facebook messages. You can primarily follow these simple solutions to retrieve your important Facebook data.
Solution One – Recover Deleted Messages via Facebook Messenger
This option will work similarly to the Android option which we have already discussed. So, you can use search bar tab on your Facebook messenger app to unarchive your accidentally archived chat.
Solution Two – Recover Deleted Messages from Download Facebook Data
This solution has been already described where you can use General Settings to download the backup of your Facebook data on your computer. This method will work for both the iOS and Android devices.
How to Recover Accidentally Deleted WhatsApp Messages?
If you have accidentally deleted your WhatsApp chat, then you can very easily retrieve your deleted files by following methods.
Method to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android Devices
To solve the problem of messages lost on your Android WhatsApp app, you have two options to restore your important chat. If you have backed up your WhatsApp messages with cloud apps like Google Drive, then you should follow solution number one, otherwise, solution number two will help you.
Solution One – Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages with Backup
If you have already created a backup of your WhatsApp chat on Google Drive, then you can easily restore your deleted messages by installing the backup copy. You can follow these simple steps to do that –
- Uninstall your WhatsApp app from your Android devices.
- Again install WhatsApp from Google Play Store.
- There you will get the option to restore your backup when you open your reinstalled WhatsApp. By tapping over the “Restore” option your lost WhatsApp messages will automatically appear on your screen.
Solution Two – Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup
If you haven’t backed up your WhatsApp messages, then to recover accidentally deleted WhatsApp messages on your Android gadgets, you have to follow this long method step by step.
- You have to first download Android Data Recovery app on your computer system. Then, you have to connect your Android device with your computer using the USB cable.
- Your Android device will be searched by your computer meanwhile you can enable USB debugging. For Android 4.2 or newer, you have to enter “Settings” > Click “About Phone” > Tap “Build number” for several times until getting a note “You are under developer mode” > Back to “Settings” > Click “Developer options” > Check “USB debugging”
- After this debugging, your device will be located by the recovery tool that you have just downloaded. You can choose the file which you want to scan, in this case, click on the WhatsApp file.
- Now, you have to give permission to your Android device to scan the WhatsApp files.
- This process is going to take some time to complete, but after it’s completion you can easily recover all your lost WhatsApp chat history. You just have to click on the WhatsApp to restore your deleted messages and your work is done.
Method to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iOS Devices
iPhone or other iOS users can retrieve their deleted WhatsApp messages by following below mentioned three solutions according to their convenience.
Solution One – Recover Messages Directly from iPhone
- You should connect your iPhone with your computer using USB cable and run the Data Recovery that you can download from App Store.
- Then, press on the Start Scan option which will take some time to completely scan your device.
- Once the scan is complete, you can preview all found data and click on WhatsApp checkbox to view your WhatsApp chats and click on recover to computer to restore found data.
Solution Two – Recover Accidentally Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iTunes
- To recover deleted WhatsApp chat from iTunes backup file, choose one for your phone and click on Start Scan.
- When the scan is complete, you can click on WhatsApp and all your chats will appear. Then, just select your important messages and press recover.
Solution Three – Recover WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup
- After selecting to recover from iCloud, you have to sign in iCloud.
- Select the one for your iPhone, then click the Download button. From the dialogue box, you can click on WhatsApp and recover your deleted messages.
- You have the option either to store recovered files on your computer or directly to your device.
Well, we have discussed all the different solutions to recover accidentally deleted Facebook or WhatsApp messages on Android and iOS devices. If you find these tips helpful in retrieving your lost messages on your Android or iPhone, then do share your experience with us in the comments below and if you face any trouble while using these methods, then we will be pleased to help you as well.
Are you looking for organic ways to skyrocket your Instagram reach as a hustler? Do you want to make your brand more visible and popular on Instagram? You’ve just hit the jackpot! You’ve come to the right spot if you want to learn how to naturally boost your Instagram reach using scalable and effective growth […]
Internet is one of the freest mediums of information and services for people, with multiple websites and applications available for varying uses. For the most part, you can access the internet for content types of various kinds from any location due to transnational server systems. However, web censorship is a major thing where specific content […]
In most devices and OS types, applications and programs are available with personalized font variations. Some font types are pre-installed into the system from the beginning, while others download font-based apps. However, often, this variety of accumulated fonts can lag the computer or cause functional issues in the system. At this point, you can download […]
Something that can sink your e-commerce store and cause you a lot of problems is if your security is breached. A hack can end up killing your business if you aren’t keeping it as secure as possible. Trust is a huge factor for online shoppers and if they have their financial data stolen then this […]
It is highly useful to have digital solutions nowadays that can do countless functions easily without issues. Text-to-speech or TTS software options can detect the written text and transform it into audible files. With strong analytics technology and easy-to-use functions, they are highly valuable for professionals who do not have the time to record all […]
People use browsers and applications on their devices for various functions, including streaming videos or viewing content. However, regardless of the browser type or device they use, one issue that everyone deals with is popup advertisements. Some websites do not provide excessive ads, but they can still get distracting for most users. Not to mention, […]
Notifications are highly important for users as they inform them about updates, information, and messages they get on their desktops. Additionally, on Windows 10 and 11, notifications about the functions of the installed services and apps come up occasionally. However, most of these contain vital information, and the steady stream of multiple alerts can get […]
Whether running on Windows, Linux, or macOS, most laptop models have a lot of storage and space. However, the laptop gets sluggish in its performance with more programs, services, and apps a user adds. Older laptops especially bog down faster with more tabs open or freeze up. You can download apps like CCleaner to optimize […]
In computers, the startup disks are one of the most important parts of the device. Also known as the internal hard drive, the startup disks hold most of the OS data and system files. However, in some cases, the issue of no startup disk on a Mac can come up, which may affect the steady […]
The diverse versions of Mac devices like laptops have strong performance quality, good RAM power, and suitable storage. It is easy to handle different types of activities and use bigger programs without issues on these devices. However, the problem of system heating up after continuous use or because of high-power application performance is high. To […]