How to Recover Accidentally Deleted Facebook or WhatsApp Messages
If you have lost your important chats recently and wonder how to recover accidentally deleted Facebook or WhatsApp messages, then this guide is for you. Here, we have covered ways to retrieve permanently deleted Facebook or WhatsApp messages both on Android and iOS devices.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Facebook Messages?
If you are regretting deleting your important Facebook chats accidentally, then you can retrieve your deleted messages by using simple methods both on your Android and iPhone devices.
Method to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android
Android device users can quickly recover accidentally deleted Facebook messages by following three solutions according to their desire.
Solution One – Recover Deleted Facebook Chat via Facebook Messenger
Sometimes when people archive their Facebook chats and consider it deleted, but that’s not true as they have just archived their message and can retrieve their chat using Facebook messenger app in the following manner.
- Open your Facebook messenger app and click on your recent chats.
- You can tap on the search bar present on the top to search the archived conversations.
- Once find your deleted message, then you can Unarchive it. To find the Archived messages in website version: Messages > More > Archived.
Solution Two – Recover Deleted Messages via Android Phone Memory
Facebook messenger has a default feature where a copy of your messages is stored on the physical memory of your Android device. Using this feature, you can simply retrieve your deleted Facebook messages in the following way.
- You have to download a File Explorer app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Start the application and go to your Device internal storage > Android > Data.
- You have to next search the file named com.facebook.orca” and then go to Cache > fb_temp. This file will contain a backup of your Facebook messages which you can easily restore.
Solution Three – Recover Deleted Facebook Messages from Downloaded Facebook Data
To protect your Facebook messages from getting lost, you can create a copy of your Facebook data on your computer or Android smartphone. You can create Facebook data by the following steps.
- Login to your Facebook account and click on Settings and then tap on General Account Settings.
- Press the Download a copy of your Facebook data link and then click Start My Archive option.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your Facebook account password and then by clicking on download Archive, your Facebook data will be compressed to your device.
- You can unzip file anytime to check your Facebook messages.
Method to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on iOS
If you are an iPhone user, then you have plenty of options to recover accidentally deleted Facebook messages. You can primarily follow these simple solutions to retrieve your important Facebook data.
Solution One – Recover Deleted Messages via Facebook Messenger
This option will work similarly to the Android option which we have already discussed. So, you can use search bar tab on your Facebook messenger app to unarchive your accidentally archived chat.
Solution Two – Recover Deleted Messages from Download Facebook Data
This solution has been already described where you can use General Settings to download the backup of your Facebook data on your computer. This method will work for both the iOS and Android devices.
How to Recover Accidentally Deleted WhatsApp Messages?
If you have accidentally deleted your WhatsApp chat, then you can very easily retrieve your deleted files by following methods.
Method to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android Devices
To solve the problem of messages lost on your Android WhatsApp app, you have two options to restore your important chat. If you have backed up your WhatsApp messages with cloud apps like Google Drive, then you should follow solution number one, otherwise, solution number two will help you.
Solution One – Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages with Backup
If you have already created a backup of your WhatsApp chat on Google Drive, then you can easily restore your deleted messages by installing the backup copy. You can follow these simple steps to do that –
- Uninstall your WhatsApp app from your Android devices.
- Again install WhatsApp from Google Play Store.
- There you will get the option to restore your backup when you open your reinstalled WhatsApp. By tapping over the “Restore” option your lost WhatsApp messages will automatically appear on your screen.
Solution Two – Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup
If you haven’t backed up your WhatsApp messages, then to recover accidentally deleted WhatsApp messages on your Android gadgets, you have to follow this long method step by step.
- You have to first download Android Data Recovery app on your computer system. Then, you have to connect your Android device with your computer using the USB cable.
- Your Android device will be searched by your computer meanwhile you can enable USB debugging. For Android 4.2 or newer, you have to enter “Settings” > Click “About Phone” > Tap “Build number” for several times until getting a note “You are under developer mode” > Back to “Settings” > Click “Developer options” > Check “USB debugging”
- After this debugging, your device will be located by the recovery tool that you have just downloaded. You can choose the file which you want to scan, in this case, click on the WhatsApp file.
- Now, you have to give permission to your Android device to scan the WhatsApp files.
- This process is going to take some time to complete, but after it’s completion you can easily recover all your lost WhatsApp chat history. You just have to click on the WhatsApp to restore your deleted messages and your work is done.
Method to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iOS Devices
iPhone or other iOS users can retrieve their deleted WhatsApp messages by following below mentioned three solutions according to their convenience.
Solution One – Recover Messages Directly from iPhone
- You should connect your iPhone with your computer using USB cable and run the Data Recovery that you can download from App Store.
- Then, press on the Start Scan option which will take some time to completely scan your device.
- Once the scan is complete, you can preview all found data and click on WhatsApp checkbox to view your WhatsApp chats and click on recover to computer to restore found data.
Solution Two – Recover Accidentally Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iTunes
- To recover deleted WhatsApp chat from iTunes backup file, choose one for your phone and click on Start Scan.
- When the scan is complete, you can click on WhatsApp and all your chats will appear. Then, just select your important messages and press recover.
Solution Three – Recover WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup
- After selecting to recover from iCloud, you have to sign in iCloud.
- Select the one for your iPhone, then click the Download button. From the dialogue box, you can click on WhatsApp and recover your deleted messages.
- You have the option either to store recovered files on your computer or directly to your device.
Well, we have discussed all the different solutions to recover accidentally deleted Facebook or WhatsApp messages on Android and iOS devices. If you find these tips helpful in retrieving your lost messages on your Android or iPhone, then do share your experience with us in the comments below and if you face any trouble while using these methods, then we will be pleased to help you as well.
Is Bluetooth on Windows 11 giving issues? You have come to the right place. In this post, we will discuss how to fix Windows 11 Bluetooth not working. Generally, the Bluetooth problems are caused due to some software issues, but they can also be related to hardware malfunctioning. Therefore, before we get into details, let […]
Are you facing connectivity issues? Follow these instructions to reset network settings on your Windows 11 and fix the connectivity problems. The network settings on the PC manages internet connectivity. However, in some cases, due to outdated network adapters and incompatible configuration issues like slow connection and dropped connection, no wireless connectivity occurs. If you […]
As the cybersecurity needs of users are growing, Bitdefender has come up with comprehensive Internet security software that is designed to keep you safe 24/7. Bitdefender Internet Security is a one-stop solution for all your security needs. We’ve got a chance to test this powerful tool and to check its compatibility with other security solutions […]
Is Microsoft’s digital assistant bothering you? Do you want to uninstall it? You’ve come to the right place; here, we will explain removing Cortana on Windows 11. Although Microsoft doesn’t give a straightforward way to uninstall it, there are still ways. Why Uninstall Cortana? It is not like Microsoft’s cloud-based digital assistant; Cortana takes too […]
Technology is advancing at an alarming rate, with most people jumping onto the new trend without fully understanding what these advancements entail or the consequences. It is also a widely known fact that many people do not read the terms and conditions of the new apps. So, the following seven apps will help you keep […]
Most students find it hard to write a comprehensive academic essay within the given timeframe. It becomes quite challenging and equally stressful to complete the assigned task, especially when the deadline is near. However, there are certainapps for writing essaysthat will help you deliver top-quality assignments. Best Essay Writing Apps to Improve Writing Skills There […]
Today’s security professionals have become familiar with the idea that every organization has an attack surface that describes its global exposure to threats against internal and cloud applications, devices, users, and data. The attack surface grows as greater connectivity, cloud applications and myriad new types of device are adopted as an organization expands its digital […]
Worldwide, more and more people are doing what they can to protect themselves and their data. Considering we live in a world that is so connected, with everything from work to our social lives and entertainment happening online, protection is a must. Staying safe online isn’t as difficult as you think either; it just requires […]
Finally, iOS 15 is now available to download, and it has brought many surprises along. The biggest iOS 15 surprise is that now Apple users can FaceTime with non-Apple users. Yep, you no longer need to use Zoom or Microsoft Teams to make video calls. Instead, Apple has allowed people to join a FaceTime call […]
We all want to secure our remote access for daily needs & projects. But how to get it done is a big question. Using a VPN this problem can be easily solved as it creates an encrypted tunnel to secure network connection. Acronym for Virtual Private Network (VPN) hides IP addresses allowing users to navigate […]
Are you looking for the best lead generation software? Then don’t look for the tool that can boost your sales or customer base. In fact, search for the tool that can integrate your CRM software for better KPIs and analytics. Lead capture software can do a lot more than improving your sales or traffic. It […]
Be it product branding or marketing; labels play a significant role in selling a product. In fact, the label helps to distinguish your products from others. Therefore, the designing and printing of your product label need to be perfect. And for this, we will talk about the best 5 label designing and printing software in […]
The following apps are tops. They have become popular with Android, so if you’re on the lookout for good and useful applications, it may be that you have a few of these apps already. There are many amazing apps for Android in the market but a few outshine the rest. Just about everyone finds these […]
While scrolling through Netflix, do you feel you’ve seen it all? Well, if that’s the case let us add some spice to it and shed new light on streaming services, gaming, Blu-rays, etc. Wondering how that would be possible? Well, using Light Mi Neo the best and pocket-friendly alternative to Philips’s sync box you can […]
We are living in an era where many platforms give you a space to create different kinds of content and there are different ways through which you can showcase your skills and talent and can earn a pretty good amount of money. You won’t be just earning money but you will also learn a lot […]