How to Recover Accidentally Deleted Facebook or WhatsApp Messages
If you have lost your important chats recently and wonder how to recover accidentally deleted Facebook or WhatsApp messages, then this guide is for you. Here, we have covered ways to retrieve permanently deleted Facebook or WhatsApp messages both on Android and iOS devices.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Facebook Messages?
If you are regretting deleting your important Facebook chats accidentally, then you can retrieve your deleted messages by using simple methods both on your Android and iPhone devices.
Method to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android
Android device users can quickly recover accidentally deleted Facebook messages by following three solutions according to their desire.
Solution One – Recover Deleted Facebook Chat via Facebook Messenger
Sometimes when people archive their Facebook chats and consider it deleted, but that’s not true as they have just archived their message and can retrieve their chat using Facebook messenger app in the following manner.
- Open your Facebook messenger app and click on your recent chats.
- You can tap on the search bar present on the top to search the archived conversations.
- Once find your deleted message, then you can Unarchive it. To find the Archived messages in website version: Messages > More > Archived.
Solution Two – Recover Deleted Messages via Android Phone Memory
Facebook messenger has a default feature where a copy of your messages is stored on the physical memory of your Android device. Using this feature, you can simply retrieve your deleted Facebook messages in the following way.
- You have to download a File Explorer app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Start the application and go to your Device internal storage > Android > Data.
- You have to next search the file named com.facebook.orca” and then go to Cache > fb_temp. This file will contain a backup of your Facebook messages which you can easily restore.
Solution Three – Recover Deleted Facebook Messages from Downloaded Facebook Data
To protect your Facebook messages from getting lost, you can create a copy of your Facebook data on your computer or Android smartphone. You can create Facebook data by the following steps.
- Login to your Facebook account and click on Settings and then tap on General Account Settings.
- Press the Download a copy of your Facebook data link and then click Start My Archive option.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your Facebook account password and then by clicking on download Archive, your Facebook data will be compressed to your device.
- You can unzip file anytime to check your Facebook messages.
Method to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on iOS
If you are an iPhone user, then you have plenty of options to recover accidentally deleted Facebook messages. You can primarily follow these simple solutions to retrieve your important Facebook data.
Solution One – Recover Deleted Messages via Facebook Messenger
This option will work similarly to the Android option which we have already discussed. So, you can use search bar tab on your Facebook messenger app to unarchive your accidentally archived chat.
Solution Two – Recover Deleted Messages from Download Facebook Data
This solution has been already described where you can use General Settings to download the backup of your Facebook data on your computer. This method will work for both the iOS and Android devices.
How to Recover Accidentally Deleted WhatsApp Messages?
If you have accidentally deleted your WhatsApp chat, then you can very easily retrieve your deleted files by following methods.
Method to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android Devices
To solve the problem of messages lost on your Android WhatsApp app, you have two options to restore your important chat. If you have backed up your WhatsApp messages with cloud apps like Google Drive, then you should follow solution number one, otherwise, solution number two will help you.
Solution One – Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages with Backup
If you have already created a backup of your WhatsApp chat on Google Drive, then you can easily restore your deleted messages by installing the backup copy. You can follow these simple steps to do that –
- Uninstall your WhatsApp app from your Android devices.
- Again install WhatsApp from Google Play Store.
- There you will get the option to restore your backup when you open your reinstalled WhatsApp. By tapping over the “Restore” option your lost WhatsApp messages will automatically appear on your screen.
Solution Two – Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup
If you haven’t backed up your WhatsApp messages, then to recover accidentally deleted WhatsApp messages on your Android gadgets, you have to follow this long method step by step.
- You have to first download Android Data Recovery app on your computer system. Then, you have to connect your Android device with your computer using the USB cable.
- Your Android device will be searched by your computer meanwhile you can enable USB debugging. For Android 4.2 or newer, you have to enter “Settings” > Click “About Phone” > Tap “Build number” for several times until getting a note “You are under developer mode” > Back to “Settings” > Click “Developer options” > Check “USB debugging”
- After this debugging, your device will be located by the recovery tool that you have just downloaded. You can choose the file which you want to scan, in this case, click on the WhatsApp file.
- Now, you have to give permission to your Android device to scan the WhatsApp files.
- This process is going to take some time to complete, but after it’s completion you can easily recover all your lost WhatsApp chat history. You just have to click on the WhatsApp to restore your deleted messages and your work is done.
Method to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iOS Devices
iPhone or other iOS users can retrieve their deleted WhatsApp messages by following below mentioned three solutions according to their convenience.
Solution One – Recover Messages Directly from iPhone
- You should connect your iPhone with your computer using USB cable and run the Data Recovery that you can download from App Store.
- Then, press on the Start Scan option which will take some time to completely scan your device.
- Once the scan is complete, you can preview all found data and click on WhatsApp checkbox to view your WhatsApp chats and click on recover to computer to restore found data.
Solution Two – Recover Accidentally Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iTunes
- To recover deleted WhatsApp chat from iTunes backup file, choose one for your phone and click on Start Scan.
- When the scan is complete, you can click on WhatsApp and all your chats will appear. Then, just select your important messages and press recover.
Solution Three – Recover WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup
- After selecting to recover from iCloud, you have to sign in iCloud.
- Select the one for your iPhone, then click the Download button. From the dialogue box, you can click on WhatsApp and recover your deleted messages.
- You have the option either to store recovered files on your computer or directly to your device.
Well, we have discussed all the different solutions to recover accidentally deleted Facebook or WhatsApp messages on Android and iOS devices. If you find these tips helpful in retrieving your lost messages on your Android or iPhone, then do share your experience with us in the comments below and if you face any trouble while using these methods, then we will be pleased to help you as well.
When your Windows 10 won’t stop troubling you, it’s time to wipe out the hard drive and have a fresh start. You can quickly reinstall Windows 10 to eliminate apps, startup, shut down, and performance issues. Additionally, if you are getting a new computer or replacing a hard drive, it’s good to have a clean […]
Drivers on Mac! Many computer users have rarely ever heard the two terms together. That’s because drivers are mostly associated with Windows PCs, not Mac. To be honest, macOS doesn’t actually require driver software to support hardware functions. Mac gadgets have built-in solutions to integrate with hardware, so no need to install third-party driver software. […]
Yoga has incredible physical and mental health benefits. That you already know! So, let’s not talk about that and discuss how you can do yoga anytime and anywhere? With the best yoga apps, you can perform relaxing yoga asanas whenever you have free time. You can simply open a yoga app on your phone or […]
VPNs mask your internet protocol (IP) address so your online actions are virtually untraceable. – Norton It creates an encrypted tunnel for your data, protects your online identity by hiding your IP address. – NordVPN VPN is an online multi-purpose privacy service that allows you to establish a secure and private connection to another network without […]
Can’t download the latest iOS or iPadOS update on your device? Do you always get a Full Storage message whenever you try to install a new app or click a picture on your device? Then, ladies and gentlemen, it is a clear indication that you have to clear cache and free up storage space on […]
Losing your Instagram pics due to accidental deletion or careless usage of the app can be very frustrating. Especially if it happens to be your favorite photo with the most likes and comments. But you don’t have to worry because there are many ways through which you can recover deleted Instagram photos with ease. In […]
Stop Searching on Google what to eat, watch or drink. Start searching with Friendspire. Everyone loves foods, drinks, movies, TV shows, but are you, everyone? You’re not! You don’t just love these things you want to watch, eat, drink, read and listen to the best, right? So, what do you do to accomplish this? Like […]
Most email tracking software only tells you whether an email is opened or not. Whereas they should tell you why a person opened your email and how ready he or she is to become your customer. In the marketing funnel, emails play a king-size role. Therefore, you need an email tracker that answers — when […]
Video games are only for boys! Do you also think that? Well, no, digital games are for everyone — whether you want to kill monsters or dress up a Barbie. Today, girls can have all the gaming fun; they can cook, dress up, do makeup, and so much more. If you want to relive your […]
What do you eat? How do you eat? When do you eat? — directly reflects on how you feel or look. Today, planning your diet isn’t a cosmetic luxury; it is a way to lead a healthy life. But, it is easier to say than to do. When you have your favorite sugar-loaded dessert calling […]
Mobile Learning combined with the internet is becoming increasingly popular nowadays because it is one of the most successful programs developed by technical inventors in the times of COVID-19. People are more attracted to multimedia platforms than they were to the traditional learning system. In addition to this, e-learning offers much more advanced learning than […]
The long-awaited, iOS 14.5 is officially released for all users and this update comes with a vast list of features. The most prominent among them are: Apple Watch iPhone unlock. AirTags App Tracking Over 200 new emoji New Siri Voices and more. Here’s what you need to do to download and install iOS 14.5 and […]
Are you a hardcore reader? Then, you definitely want to use every minute of the day to unveil a new story. With audiobook apps, you can get that opportunity. Whether you are driving, walking, or working out in a gym, your audiobook app can supply unlimited stories to you. For our busy readers, the TC […]
Digital marketing utilizes the internet, cell phones, web-based media, web indexes, and various channels to reach out to their customers. Some advertising experts consider digital marketing to be a completely new venture that requires a different method of moving customers and better ways to see how customers move forward with traditional promotions. Relativity with Digital […]
Instagram marketing is how different brands mainly use Instagram to connect with their target audiences and market their products. This method has mainly gained popularity as an exciting method for brands to showcase their culture, engage with their customers, and show off their products in a new light. Steps to be used in creating the […]