How to Recover Accidentally Deleted Facebook or WhatsApp Messages
If you have lost your important chats recently and wonder how to recover accidentally deleted Facebook or WhatsApp messages, then this guide is for you. Here, we have covered ways to retrieve permanently deleted Facebook or WhatsApp messages both on Android and iOS devices.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Facebook Messages?
If you are regretting deleting your important Facebook chats accidentally, then you can retrieve your deleted messages by using simple methods both on your Android and iPhone devices.
Method to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android
Android device users can quickly recover accidentally deleted Facebook messages by following three solutions according to their desire.
Solution One – Recover Deleted Facebook Chat via Facebook Messenger
Sometimes when people archive their Facebook chats and consider it deleted, but that’s not true as they have just archived their message and can retrieve their chat using Facebook messenger app in the following manner.
- Open your Facebook messenger app and click on your recent chats.
- You can tap on the search bar present on the top to search the archived conversations.
- Once find your deleted message, then you can Unarchive it. To find the Archived messages in website version: Messages > More > Archived.
Solution Two – Recover Deleted Messages via Android Phone Memory
Facebook messenger has a default feature where a copy of your messages is stored on the physical memory of your Android device. Using this feature, you can simply retrieve your deleted Facebook messages in the following way.
- You have to download a File Explorer app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Start the application and go to your Device internal storage > Android > Data.
- You have to next search the file named com.facebook.orca” and then go to Cache > fb_temp. This file will contain a backup of your Facebook messages which you can easily restore.
Solution Three – Recover Deleted Facebook Messages from Downloaded Facebook Data
To protect your Facebook messages from getting lost, you can create a copy of your Facebook data on your computer or Android smartphone. You can create Facebook data by the following steps.
- Login to your Facebook account and click on Settings and then tap on General Account Settings.
- Press the Download a copy of your Facebook data link and then click Start My Archive option.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your Facebook account password and then by clicking on download Archive, your Facebook data will be compressed to your device.
- You can unzip file anytime to check your Facebook messages.
Method to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on iOS
If you are an iPhone user, then you have plenty of options to recover accidentally deleted Facebook messages. You can primarily follow these simple solutions to retrieve your important Facebook data.
Solution One – Recover Deleted Messages via Facebook Messenger
This option will work similarly to the Android option which we have already discussed. So, you can use search bar tab on your Facebook messenger app to unarchive your accidentally archived chat.
Solution Two – Recover Deleted Messages from Download Facebook Data
This solution has been already described where you can use General Settings to download the backup of your Facebook data on your computer. This method will work for both the iOS and Android devices.
How to Recover Accidentally Deleted WhatsApp Messages?
If you have accidentally deleted your WhatsApp chat, then you can very easily retrieve your deleted files by following methods.
Method to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android Devices
To solve the problem of messages lost on your Android WhatsApp app, you have two options to restore your important chat. If you have backed up your WhatsApp messages with cloud apps like Google Drive, then you should follow solution number one, otherwise, solution number two will help you.
Solution One – Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages with Backup
If you have already created a backup of your WhatsApp chat on Google Drive, then you can easily restore your deleted messages by installing the backup copy. You can follow these simple steps to do that –
- Uninstall your WhatsApp app from your Android devices.
- Again install WhatsApp from Google Play Store.
- There you will get the option to restore your backup when you open your reinstalled WhatsApp. By tapping over the “Restore” option your lost WhatsApp messages will automatically appear on your screen.
Solution Two – Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup
If you haven’t backed up your WhatsApp messages, then to recover accidentally deleted WhatsApp messages on your Android gadgets, you have to follow this long method step by step.
- You have to first download Android Data Recovery app on your computer system. Then, you have to connect your Android device with your computer using the USB cable.
- Your Android device will be searched by your computer meanwhile you can enable USB debugging. For Android 4.2 or newer, you have to enter “Settings” > Click “About Phone” > Tap “Build number” for several times until getting a note “You are under developer mode” > Back to “Settings” > Click “Developer options” > Check “USB debugging”
- After this debugging, your device will be located by the recovery tool that you have just downloaded. You can choose the file which you want to scan, in this case, click on the WhatsApp file.
- Now, you have to give permission to your Android device to scan the WhatsApp files.
- This process is going to take some time to complete, but after it’s completion you can easily recover all your lost WhatsApp chat history. You just have to click on the WhatsApp to restore your deleted messages and your work is done.
Method to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iOS Devices
iPhone or other iOS users can retrieve their deleted WhatsApp messages by following below mentioned three solutions according to their convenience.
Solution One – Recover Messages Directly from iPhone
- You should connect your iPhone with your computer using USB cable and run the Data Recovery that you can download from App Store.
- Then, press on the Start Scan option which will take some time to completely scan your device.
- Once the scan is complete, you can preview all found data and click on WhatsApp checkbox to view your WhatsApp chats and click on recover to computer to restore found data.
Solution Two – Recover Accidentally Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iTunes
- To recover deleted WhatsApp chat from iTunes backup file, choose one for your phone and click on Start Scan.
- When the scan is complete, you can click on WhatsApp and all your chats will appear. Then, just select your important messages and press recover.
Solution Three – Recover WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup
- After selecting to recover from iCloud, you have to sign in iCloud.
- Select the one for your iPhone, then click the Download button. From the dialogue box, you can click on WhatsApp and recover your deleted messages.
- You have the option either to store recovered files on your computer or directly to your device.
Well, we have discussed all the different solutions to recover accidentally deleted Facebook or WhatsApp messages on Android and iOS devices. If you find these tips helpful in retrieving your lost messages on your Android or iPhone, then do share your experience with us in the comments below and if you face any trouble while using these methods, then we will be pleased to help you as well.
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]
Correctly, get back deleted or lost pictures from the hard drive or SD card. To relive happy moments spent with family and friends we capture them, and nobody wants to lose these digital memories, right? Yet due to unforeseen situations like accidentally deleting pictures, hard drive failure, natural disaster, corrupt hard disk, and formatting the […]
Since the Internet has grown to be the main source for entertainment, socializing, news, information, and more, we hardly ever think about how it works. It is informative and helpful, however just like a physical playground, there’s scope for harm within the online world, particularly for children who may not be absolutely aware of the […]
Whether you wish to share your Macintosh with your kids, friends, or colleagues, it’s better to create a new user account to maintain your privacy. With separate Mac accounts, every person can have their own settings like application preferences, iCloud account details, and password-protect their personal data. Most importantly, the process of adding users to […]
The PDF formats have extremely important uses nowadays. One of the main reasons that pdf format is used is because it cannot be modified by others. They are easy to transfer and are commonly used in business, education, and health. We can convert a whole book and lengthy reports into pdfs. Sometimes the size of […]
Are you preparing for an IT certification course? If yes, you need to install Visual Certification Exam software in your system right away. Why? That’s because online IT course materials and certifications are available in VCE file format. So, if you have an exam coming up soon, you need a VCE suit to open the […]
Restore lost or deleted files from any storage media using Tenorshare 4DDiG. Losing important files, images, videos, or for that matter any data is no fun. It leaves us all anxious, frustrated, and stressed. What’s worse, when we don’t have a backup and the same file is urgently required. This creates panic and makes you […]