With video streaming services gaining popularity most of us have forgotten about the DVDs. However, there are certain classics that you cannot find on these services. This is when you remember having a great DVD collection.
But this pops out a problem as to how to use the DVD when running Windows 10 because Media Player on Windows 10 no longer supports regular DVD.
However, if you decide to use a Microsoft product you’ll need to pay $15 to get Windows DVD Player from Microsoft Store. But not all are willing to pay this amount, as there are reports about this product being buggy. Then what option are you left with?
Now, there are two practical options that you can try using. In this post we will discuss them along with the benefits you can enjoy.
So, let’s get started.
What are the best ways to watch DVDs on Windows 10?
Method 1 – Watch DVD with 5KPlayer
5K Player from DearMob is a free tool using which you can play DVDs from all regions. Compatible with Windows 10 this free tool is the choice of many users.
Using it you can watch any content present on the DVD. However, if the DVD is scratched, dirty or has any other issue then 5K Player might not be able to extract content.
But, since it is free you want to give it a try, you can install it by clicking here.
Once installed, register it using your name and email ID. Upon providing this information you will receive a registration key that you need to enter to start using the product.
- Free software to play DVD including the videos from YouTube and other streaming services
- Easy onscreen controls
- Take screenshots and add subtitles
- Rotate playback screen and select chapters to playback
- Inbuilt Apple AirPlay feature that allows streaming videos from iPhone
Method 2 – Use WinX DVD Ripper
Unlike other DVD players in the market WinX DVD Ripper is more advanced and premium grade. Using it you can convert DVD to MP4. Not only this, WinX DVD Ripper even supports scratched, damaged DVDs. Thereby allowing you to convert all types and all formats into MP4.
After knowing all about this amazing DVD Ripper if you wish to try this product, here are the steps to use it.
However, before learning how to use it. Here’s what you need to know about WinX DVD Ripper.
- Convert DVD to a compatible format that you run on 350+ devices
- Conversion without any quality loss
- Rip DVD at 47X faster speed with GPU acceleration
- In just 5 minutes digitize a movie DVD
- Cut, crop, merge, extract audio from DVD using inbuilt video editor
- Add subtitles
- Converts a DVD disc to MP4
- Enabled you to make uncompressed and genuine copy of original disc
- Flexible audio video format controls
- Supports scratched, damaged and DVDs with bad sector
- Supports all DVD formats both old and new
- Remove DVDs with encryption like 99-title, CSS encryption, etc.
Now that you know what this incredible DVD Ripper is capable of let’s learn how to use it.
How to Rip DVD to MP4 using WinX DVD Ripper for Playback Windows 10
- Before launching WinX DVD Ripper, make sure the DVD drive is working properly. Upon confirmation, insert DVD disc in DVD supported drive.
- Launch WinX DVD Ripper. The software will now show you a home screen with advanced options.
- Click, General Profile in the left pane > Output format. This will show you a drop-down menu from where you will need to select MP4 as the output.
- Once, the desired format is selected, to start conversion press RUN.
That’s all using these simple steps you can convert your DVD into MP4 and enjoy watching your favorite movie.
We hope you’ll give these methods a try. Let us know in the comments below as to which method you used and why? Also, if you have a scratched, damaged, dirty disk, try using WinX DVD Ripper. As this is the only program that can convert such a disk and can even remove DVDs with encryption.
This advanced DVD conversion software is compatible with Windows 10 and offers built in tools. Its special video editor is amazing. Give it a try and it won’t disappoint you.