10 Best Backup Software for Windows (Free & Paid) 2023
With the ever growing reliance on digital media to carry out everyday contents, the amount of data that each individual has is nothing short of insane. Where would you go looking for your data if something happens to it? Get a best data backup software for Windows before things go wrong.
There are plenty of Windows backup software available that will suit all your needs perfectly. The best backup software allows you to organize, manage and automate backing up tasks on Windows 11/10/8/7. Your files and documents are saved on their own while you keep working on them. Zero fuss. But how to know which software is for you?
Best Backup Software for Windows 11/10/8/7 in 2023
1. EaseUS Todo Backup Software
If you are looking for a premium backup software for Windows 11, Windows 10 or below, look no further. EaseUS Todo Backup for Windows (there is a free version available) has got you covered. The software offers a lot of features from allowing you to backup individual files and folders to backing up complete drives or partitions and to even creating a full system backup. You can schedule your backups, run them as incremental, differential or full backups. There is a free trial version also available for the premium version.
- Complete system backup to another location
- Wipe disk partition
- Full, incremental, differential backup
- Schedule backup
- Outlook email backup and recovery
- Email notification, pre/post command, offsite copy, file exclusion
- Clone system
2. Acronis Cyber Protect
This software backup for windows provides trustworthy backup along with cyber protection to safeguard your data, files and entire systems. With the Acronis True Image, you can manage and access your backups from anywhere remotely without any fuss. This is the only personal backup software that uses AI to stop ransomware and cryptojacking.
- Backup entire drive on cloud
- Offers ransomware protection
- Offers Instagram and Facebook backups
- Options private encryption key available
- Offers Try & Decide tool- install a new program. If not satisfied, roll back to previous state
- Make backup on external disk, local drive, and on the cloud
- ‘Upon Event’- create backups at special instances
3. MiniTool ShadowMaker Pro Ultimate
With this backup software for Windows 10 and Windows 11, you can backup full partitions, clone entire drives, and backup individual files and folders as well. ShadowMaker is best suited for you if you need to backup your data on a regular basis. Daily, weekly or monthly, take your pick and let the software do its job. You can even control how much space is allocated to the backup files on your hard drive.
- System backup and restore
- Sync files and folders to another location for safety
- Restore data to different computer
- Backup full partitions
- Clone entire drives
- Manage hard disk space by changing backup scheme
- Backup on a regular basis- daily, weekly or monthly
Also Read: Best Data Recovery Software for Windows
IObit PCtransfer has earned its place in the list for the best Windows backup software. The software simplifies the backup process for you as you can select data you want to transfer quickly. Also, transfer important data from your PC to an external hard drive or even a new PC with just 1-click. It is free, light and portable and works well with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and 11.
- Backup and transfer documents and files
- Backup Skype chat record and emails in Outlook to new Windows system
- Transfer to external hard drive with just 1-click
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and 11
- Backup photos
- Backup settings
- Backup browser bookmarks
5. Cobian Backup
If a free backup software for windows deserves to be in our list of the best backup software for Windows 11/10, it is the Cobian Backup. It is one of the most advanced software there is in the market. It is well suited for experienced users and for those who know how to configure their backups well. With this, you can create, schedule multiple backup jobs and that too to multiple locations as well.
- Create, schedule multiple backup jobs
- Archive files to external hard drive or network location
- Compress backups to save space
- Optional encryption available to keep data secure
- Highly customizable
- Archive files to FTP server, if access available to one
- Backup to multiple locations simultaneously
6. Paragon Backup & Recovery
Paragon backup and recovery software for Windows is here to make your backup process easy and smooth. Backup your entire computer, partitions, and files and folders. This data backup software is a whole data management toolkit, and comes with a CD or USB-based recovery system to restore your data in case you are unable to boot into Windows.
- Backup files, folders and disks
- Backup entire OS
- Restore from selected file and point
- Schedule backups, backup/restore in WinPE
- Customize backup parameters- backup type, when, where, frequency
- Automatically delete old backup images based on specified value
- Mount archives by setting drive letter and browse backup like on normal computer
This Office inspired backup software offers a choice of wizard and advanced modes. Create backup jobs with files and folders. Save your backup to external hard drives, local or network drives or even on Google Drive. The freeware version of this backup software for Windows 10 and prior lets you schedule your backups up to date.
- Free for personal and commercial purposes
- Automatic scheduling
- Protection against ransomware
- Automatic updates
- Supports multiple backup destinations- USB/Firewire, mapped network drives, CD/DVD/Blu-ray
- Supports online backup destinations -Google Drive and Dropbox
- Track backed up data with backup catalog file (created each time backup runs)
Also Read: How To Recover Photos From PC Or SD Card
This backup software for Windows needs no introduction. It isn’t a traditional tool, for it is completely cloud based and there is only limited storage capacity available but that can be boosted. Backup individual directories, key files, folders, and photos. It is easy to specify any number of folders for monitoring by Google Drive software. Any changes, deletions or additions are applied very quickly.
- Store any and endless number of files
- Access files from anywhere
- Invite others and share files and folders easily
- Changes are applied almost near-instantaneously
- Option to upgrade storage available
- Backup individual directories
- Simple and easy interface
Another one of the best backup software available at low cost is BackBlaze. It is a cloud based backup software, which is highly convenient to use. Automatically backup your PC files, preserve team’s work or simply plug into infinitely scalable storage. You can locate your lost or stolen computer and also have a hard drive delivered to your home with your data on it. Backup your data online and never lose anything ever again with this Windows backup software.
- Lowest priced cloud storage available
- Automatically backup files, folders, photos, and projects
- Preserve business projects with unlimited servers for NAS, VM, desktops & laptops
- Plug into infinitely scalable storage via APIs, Web UI, CLI etc.
- Locate lost or stolen computer
- Get hard drive with backed up data delivered to doorstep
- Access data from anywhere
- Use Android app to access files
This Windows backup software is highly secure and is available as a subscription. You can backup your hard drive on the local media and it supports backup to cloud providers like OneDrive and Dropbox. The backup can be performed with a AES-256bit encryption if you want extra security for your data. The software is offered with tutorial videos as well.
- Backup files, folders and images
- Central monitoring
- Single mailbox restores available
- Backup on local drive or on the cloud
- Virtual machine replication available
- Encryption offered for extra security
- Available as subscription for servers, PCs & MSPs
The need to backup and protect your data cannot be stressed enough. Get Windows backup software. You have the list of best backup software for Windows. Now choose the one that suits you and start backing up important stuff today. Be it on the drive or on the cloud, just backup.
Let us know if you like our list!
We are waiting to hear from you!
Leave a comment!
Color Theory and Its Role in UI Design
There are many elements of a website’s UI or user interface. These include: input controls, like buttons or icons, text fields, checkboxes, and dropdown lists navigational components, like navigation bars, scroll arrows, and accordion menus informational cues, like progress bars, tool tips, and loading screens In all of these UI design features, colors and color […]
How Can VPN Enhance Your Digital Marketing Research?
A virtual private network is essential for improving secure connections. Many people and companies use VPNs to protect their browsing. Consider the fundamentals, whether you use it for a private or free Wi-Fi network. Using a free VPN for PC can be helpful down the road. VPN connections with various corporate networks might protect your […]
Investing in Tech Start-Ups: Opportunities and Risks
In recent years, there has been a surge in the number of tech start-ups worldwide. These young companies, powered by visionary entrepreneurs, are characterized by their agility, flexibility, and focus on innovation. They have the potential to revolutionize various sectors, from healthcare and transportation to finance and education. Investing in a tech business can be […]
10 Ways to Fix the Videos Not Playing on Facebook Issue [Updated Guide for 2023]
Introduction Facebook provides different interesting features for users, including the ability to watch short-form videos on the platform. Whether that involves watching the content on your feed or other specialized features like Facebook Shorts, these types of content are simple to view and scroll through. However, some people may notice the Facebook video not playing […]
CCleaner Review- Premium-Quality Internal PC Software Cleaning at Affordable Cost
CCleaner- Available for Multi-faceted PC Health Improvement Support Typically, countless users activate and use computers for varying reasons. Some operate these systems for work purchases or school-based requirements. On the other hand, people use PCs for their performance uses, like creating videos, watching movies, playing games, and other multimedia uses. Therefore, given the high usage […]
The 10 Best Resume Builder Apps for iOS and Android
Introduction In the professional environment, you must create the proper Resume to get access to the job type you want. You need to prepare the document with necessary details related to your skills, job search objective, educational and work qualifications, and other vital information. Unfortunately, not everyone always has access to a personal computer or […]
Five main features of devsecops service for IT systems
Recently, the vulnerability rate of IT systems and software to cyber threats has increased exponentially. This recent turn of events has necessitated the invention of more robust security techniques to address these attacks. Besides, ensuring maximum security at all software development life cycle stages is just as paramount as functionality. One of the most strategic […]
Top 5 Child-Friendly Browsers for 2023
Introduction Technology over the years has made our lives easier for us in different ways. One of the prominent inventions is the internet, which is accessible to practically everyone and allows for a more digitally interconnected space. Therefore, information is more easily available, but is it safe for all users to access, like children? Indeed, […]
Future of Twitter- What are the Notable Expectations?
In later 2022, Elon Musk, the CEO of SpaceX and Tesla, completed the transaction for the Twitter platform following months of discussing, planning, and conversations. The buyout was for USD 40 billion after a series of shakeups and many countermeasures. Following this takeover, there was lots of debate in the market about the potential future […]
How can you save voicemail on iPhone: Best ways for beginners
Often when you receive any voicemail, your first concern is to store the backup copy of the same file on your iPhone. This way, you can access the voice or textual file of the voicemail anytime without worrying about the same being deleted from your mobile. But since iOS doesn’t save the backup copy automatically […]