How to Fix Bluetooth Not Working in Windows 10?
Whether you want to share files or connect wireless devices with your Windows 10 laptop, Bluetooth is a great tool for it. However, Windows often Bluetooth does not work properly, or you can’t connect devices to your computer.
“Bluetooth not working in Windows 10” is a common issue, but it can be frustrating when you urgently have to transfer files or connect your wireless headphones for an important meeting. To address the issue of Bluetooth not detecting devices in Windows 10, our team has figured out the ten best solutions to help you out.
10 Ways to Fix Bluetooth Not Working in Windows 10
If your laptop Bluetooth is not working, it is mainly caused by a combination of software and hardware issues. Sometimes multiple Bluetooth connections conflict with each other. And, other times, poor connectivity causes trouble.
The reason for Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 could be anything, but using these ten methods, you can easily fix all common issues:
1. Make Sure Bluetooth Settings Shows “On”
Bluetooth Settings turned off is a very silly and common issue for Bluetooth not detecting devices in Windows 10. Especially if you are using a laptop with a physical Bluetooth switch, ensure that it’s turned on.
How to Fix It?
- Open Settings tab.
- Select the Start button from the bottom.
- Next, open Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
2. Update Drivers
When you haven’t updated your system drivers in a long time, this might be the root cause of your laptop Bluetooth not working. So, you should simply upgrade your laptop or computer drivers to improve your Bluetooth connectivity.
How to Fix It?
- Navigate to the Device Manager and right-click on the Bluetooth device.
- From the dropdown menu, select Properties and click on the Advanced tab.
- Note down the number mentioned next to the Manufacturer ID.
- Enter your drivers’ manufacturer ID into the web browser. It will automatically take you to the right page from where you can download the latest drivers for your device.
- Based on your preference, you can download suitable drivers from multiple options.
3. Check Bluetooth Service Support
Microsoft has its own Bluetooth Services that helps to establish Bluetooth connections on your computer. If Bluetooth services are down from the server-side, it can cause Bluetooth not working in Windows 10. Therefore, you should check the service’s status to confirm your doubt.
How to Fix It?
- Initiate Run command by pressing Windows and R keys together and type service.msc.
- Navigate to Bluetooth Support Services from the appeared list. Right-click on it and select Restart.
- Next, double click to open the Properties window and select the Automatic option in startup type and click OK.
4. Reinstall the Bluetooth Devices
If Bluetooth Service isn’t an issue behind Bluetooth not detecting devices in Windows 10, you can try to reinstall the Bluetooth device on your system.
How to Fix It?
- Prompt Run box and enter devicemngr to open Device Manager.
- Locate your Bluetooth device, right-click and click on Uninstall.
- Confirm your wish to uninstall the driver. Click on Uninstall.
- Once the drive is uninstalled, restart your computer system.
- Now, you have to wait for Windows to install a new drive automatically, or you can follow the second solution steps to install Bluetooth device drivers from your manufacturer’s website.
5. Check Airplane Mode Settings
Accidentally, you might have turned on Airplane Mode on your laptop, which can cause Bluetooth not working in Windows 10. You have to check Airplane Mode Settings, and if it’s turned on, you have to turn it off.
How to Fix It?
- You have to press Windows and A keys together.
- Now, the Airplane Mode option will appear.
- If Airplane Mode is turned on, click on it to turn it off.
6. Start Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter is an amazing Windows 10 feature that can help you automatically recognize problems with your system. When your Bluetooth is not detecting devices in Windows 10 after all your attempts, you should simply run the Troubleshooter.
How to Fix It?
- Open Settings on your laptop.
- Mover over to Updates Security > Troubleshoot.
- Then, select Bluetooth and navigate to the option saying—Run the Troubleshooter.
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions and finish the process.
- Restart your device, and your work is done.
7. Modify Power Saving Settings
Activating the power-saving setting is a great way to save your laptop’s power, but sometimes your laptop Bluetooth is not working due to the same settings. You might have to change your power-saving settings to connect with Bluetooth.
How to Fix It?
- Go to the Device Manager.
- Look for the Bluetooth keyboard and double-click on it.
- Once the Properties window appears, go to Power Management and uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.”
- Now save your changes and retry to connect with Bluetooth.
8. Adjust Windows Registry
If you are a tech-savvy Windows user, you can tweak with the Registry to fix the Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 trouble.
How to Fix It?
- Type regedit in the Run box and click on the Registry editor icon. Before moving further, it is recommended to create a backup first from the Files > Export.
- Got to the following location in the Registry editor—
- Next, double click on the CurrentVersion and change the value to 6.2.
9. Use Different USB Port
Sometimes Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 isn’t related to your Bluetooth peripheral, but with the USB port. Your port might not support the peripheral, or simply it’s damaged.
To clear this doubt, you can try another USB port and check if it makes any difference or not.
10. Reinsert Bluetooth Devices
When Bluetooth is not detecting devices in Windows 10, the reason might be faulty Bluetooth devices. To eliminate this doubt, you can remove the Bluetooth device and reinsert it to check whether it’s working now or not.
How to Fix It?
- Click on the Start menu, then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- In the Bluetooth window, select the device that’s troubling you and then click on Remove device.
- Restart your computer and wait for the system to reconnect with your device.
In Windows 10, you can face multiple Bluetooth-related problems such as “Bluetooth not available in Windows 10”, “Bluetooth not detecting devices,” “Bluetooth disappeared,” “Bluetooth unable to connect,” and so much more.
However, if you follow the best Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 tips suggested by TechCommuters experts, you can easily fix Bluetooth in your computer. Further, if you need any help, you are welcome to comment below, and we will immediately assist you!
Do you want to sell a product or services online? But don’t want to deal with the eCommerce shop setting up hassles? Then, better learn how to sell on Instagram in 2021. You see people, Instagram has over 1 billion active users globally, out of which 110 million users are only from the United States. […]
In simple words, data security is paramount because it wins the customer’s trust when they have to share their information with a business. Regardless of the company size, data is important for all kinds of firms out there. To avoid any unforeseen event from taking place, businesses have to invest in several data privacy principles […]
We are sure that finding this article is itself a sense of relief as your deleted photos have a great sentimental value and they must be recovered back using a good photo recovery software. Whether your photos have been deleted from a computer, memory card, hard drive, SD card or a digital camera, you can […]
What are these incredible apps? It has been known for some time that the human body can heal itself and rebalance the hundreds of energy systems it uses to maintain wellbeing through stimulation coming from the outside world. Many new forms of technology are able to measure this balance and the changes that can happen […]
The competition in the world of business is more demanding than ever before. Startups, for example, encounter some trouble establishing their presence in the industry of their choice. Also, it is challenging to please customers these days. When running a business, your ultimate goal is to make noise in the market, increase online visibility, and […]
In the previous years, the majority of the consumers and businesses used unsustainable materials as if there will be no tomorrow. They just think for the present day without realizing that these unsustainable materials will not have a bad effect to the environment. But nowadays, there’s now the so-called “environmental awareness” which many people documented […]
There are a lot of unique features usually related to successful business people, including passion, confidence, and commitment. However, in today’s frenetic digital time, even the best person needs some help running a company. And with lots of helpful, reliable, and efficient data-driven tools and solutions for business at your disposal, why would you shoulder […]
Data pipeline works by a series of actions or steps of processing data. The process involves the ingestion of data from different sources then moving them to a destination in step by step manner. In each step, the output is formulated and goes on until completed. How does it work? As its name suggests, it […]
Installing a good quality security system for your home will provide you with several safety benefits.Modern smart security systems come with advanced technological features to enhance the safety and security of your home. Here are some of the benefits of installing a smart security system in your home. Deters Criminals Criminals search for loopholes in […]
Bulky files are a great hindrance when you have to transfer or move them. Plus, they unnecessarily take up more room on your hard disk and slow down its performance. But you can easily tackle large files by knowing how to compress files on your Mac. The compressed file bearing .zip extension lets you store […]
Outsourcing software project is very common among multinational companies across the world. How can outsourcing project work provide advantages to a multinational company? The above question is very common among newbies interested in internet marketing. Let’s see here are some of the main features and benefits of outsourcing software projects. Improving the accuracy of project […]
If you have a Windows 10 computer with an internet connection, you need to invest in the best antimalware for PC — no questions asked. You need antivirus software to safeguard your system and data from infinite cyber threats such as malware, ransomware, and more. Thankfully, most of the new PCs come with pre-installed antimalware […]
Parenting in the social media era isn’t easy. You have to find a way to protect your kids from numerous online vulnerabilities. Especially if your kid is on Instagram, you have to shield him or her from cyberbullies, fake accounts, adult content, and more threats. Unfortunately, setting up Instagram parental controls isn’t easy because Instagram […]
The Internet plays a great role in our lives and it is as important as any other necessity in our lives like we cannot imagine living without food and water. In 2021, we cannot imagine a world without the internet as we are getting a lot of benefit from it. When we talk about business, […]
If your iPhone’s memory is full or you wish to create a backup of your cherished photos, you should import all your iPhone photos to your PC. There are several quick solutions to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. In this post, the TC team went ahead and drafted a complete guide on how […]