How to Fix Bluetooth Not Working in Windows 10?
Whether you want to share files or connect wireless devices with your Windows 10 laptop, Bluetooth is a great tool for it. However, Windows often Bluetooth does not work properly, or you can’t connect devices to your computer.
“Bluetooth not working in Windows 10” is a common issue, but it can be frustrating when you urgently have to transfer files or connect your wireless headphones for an important meeting. To address the issue of Bluetooth not detecting devices in Windows 10, our team has figured out the ten best solutions to help you out.
10 Ways to Fix Bluetooth Not Working in Windows 10
If your laptop Bluetooth is not working, it is mainly caused by a combination of software and hardware issues. Sometimes multiple Bluetooth connections conflict with each other. And, other times, poor connectivity causes trouble.
The reason for Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 could be anything, but using these ten methods, you can easily fix all common issues:
1. Make Sure Bluetooth Settings Shows “On”
Bluetooth Settings turned off is a very silly and common issue for Bluetooth not detecting devices in Windows 10. Especially if you are using a laptop with a physical Bluetooth switch, ensure that it’s turned on.
How to Fix It?
- Open Settings tab.
- Select the Start button from the bottom.
- Next, open Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
2. Update Drivers
When you haven’t updated your system drivers in a long time, this might be the root cause of your laptop Bluetooth not working. So, you should simply upgrade your laptop or computer drivers to improve your Bluetooth connectivity.
How to Fix It?
- Navigate to the Device Manager and right-click on the Bluetooth device.
- From the dropdown menu, select Properties and click on the Advanced tab.
- Note down the number mentioned next to the Manufacturer ID.
- Enter your drivers’ manufacturer ID into the web browser. It will automatically take you to the right page from where you can download the latest drivers for your device.
- Based on your preference, you can download suitable drivers from multiple options.
3. Check Bluetooth Service Support
Microsoft has its own Bluetooth Services that helps to establish Bluetooth connections on your computer. If Bluetooth services are down from the server-side, it can cause Bluetooth not working in Windows 10. Therefore, you should check the service’s status to confirm your doubt.
How to Fix It?
- Initiate Run command by pressing Windows and R keys together and type service.msc.
- Navigate to Bluetooth Support Services from the appeared list. Right-click on it and select Restart.
- Next, double click to open the Properties window and select the Automatic option in startup type and click OK.
4. Reinstall the Bluetooth Devices
If Bluetooth Service isn’t an issue behind Bluetooth not detecting devices in Windows 10, you can try to reinstall the Bluetooth device on your system.
How to Fix It?
- Prompt Run box and enter devicemngr to open Device Manager.
- Locate your Bluetooth device, right-click and click on Uninstall.
- Confirm your wish to uninstall the driver. Click on Uninstall.
- Once the drive is uninstalled, restart your computer system.
- Now, you have to wait for Windows to install a new drive automatically, or you can follow the second solution steps to install Bluetooth device drivers from your manufacturer’s website.
5. Check Airplane Mode Settings
Accidentally, you might have turned on Airplane Mode on your laptop, which can cause Bluetooth not working in Windows 10. You have to check Airplane Mode Settings, and if it’s turned on, you have to turn it off.
How to Fix It?
- You have to press Windows and A keys together.
- Now, the Airplane Mode option will appear.
- If Airplane Mode is turned on, click on it to turn it off.
6. Start Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter is an amazing Windows 10 feature that can help you automatically recognize problems with your system. When your Bluetooth is not detecting devices in Windows 10 after all your attempts, you should simply run the Troubleshooter.
How to Fix It?
- Open Settings on your laptop.
- Mover over to Updates Security > Troubleshoot.
- Then, select Bluetooth and navigate to the option saying—Run the Troubleshooter.
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions and finish the process.
- Restart your device, and your work is done.
7. Modify Power Saving Settings
Activating the power-saving setting is a great way to save your laptop’s power, but sometimes your laptop Bluetooth is not working due to the same settings. You might have to change your power-saving settings to connect with Bluetooth.
How to Fix It?
- Go to the Device Manager.
- Look for the Bluetooth keyboard and double-click on it.
- Once the Properties window appears, go to Power Management and uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.”
- Now save your changes and retry to connect with Bluetooth.
8. Adjust Windows Registry
If you are a tech-savvy Windows user, you can tweak with the Registry to fix the Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 trouble.
How to Fix It?
- Type regedit in the Run box and click on the Registry editor icon. Before moving further, it is recommended to create a backup first from the Files > Export.
- Got to the following location in the Registry editor—
- Next, double click on the CurrentVersion and change the value to 6.2.
9. Use Different USB Port
Sometimes Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 isn’t related to your Bluetooth peripheral, but with the USB port. Your port might not support the peripheral, or simply it’s damaged.
To clear this doubt, you can try another USB port and check if it makes any difference or not.
10. Reinsert Bluetooth Devices
When Bluetooth is not detecting devices in Windows 10, the reason might be faulty Bluetooth devices. To eliminate this doubt, you can remove the Bluetooth device and reinsert it to check whether it’s working now or not.
How to Fix It?
- Click on the Start menu, then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- In the Bluetooth window, select the device that’s troubling you and then click on Remove device.
- Restart your computer and wait for the system to reconnect with your device.
In Windows 10, you can face multiple Bluetooth-related problems such as “Bluetooth not available in Windows 10”, “Bluetooth not detecting devices,” “Bluetooth disappeared,” “Bluetooth unable to connect,” and so much more.
However, if you follow the best Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 tips suggested by TechCommuters experts, you can easily fix Bluetooth in your computer. Further, if you need any help, you are welcome to comment below, and we will immediately assist you!
Finally, iOS 15 is now available to download, and it has brought many surprises along. The biggest iOS 15 surprise is that now Apple users can FaceTime with non-Apple users. Yep, you no longer need to use Zoom or Microsoft Teams to make video calls. Instead, Apple has allowed people to join a FaceTime call […]
We all want to secure our remote access for daily needs & projects. But how to get it done is a big question. Using a VPN this problem can be easily solved as it creates an encrypted tunnel to secure network connection. Acronym for Virtual Private Network (VPN) hides IP addresses allowing users to navigate […]
Are you looking for the best lead generation software? Then don’t look for the tool that can boost your sales or customer base. In fact, search for the tool that can integrate your CRM software for better KPIs and analytics. Lead capture software can do a lot more than improving your sales or traffic. It […]
Be it product branding or marketing; labels play a significant role in selling a product. In fact, the label helps to distinguish your products from others. Therefore, the designing and printing of your product label need to be perfect. And for this, we will talk about the best 5 label designing and printing software in […]
The following apps are tops. They have become popular with Android, so if you’re on the lookout for good and useful applications, it may be that you have a few of these apps already. There are many amazing apps for Android in the market but a few outshine the rest. Just about everyone finds these […]
While scrolling through Netflix, do you feel you’ve seen it all? Well, if that’s the case let us add some spice to it and shed new light on streaming services, gaming, Blu-rays, etc. Wondering how that would be possible? Well, using Light Mi Neo the best and pocket-friendly alternative to Philips’s sync box you can […]
We are living in an era where many platforms give you a space to create different kinds of content and there are different ways through which you can showcase your skills and talent and can earn a pretty good amount of money. You won’t be just earning money but you will also learn a lot […]
Due to recent events, the way people meet and greet has totally changed. Now, you no longer find dates or make friends in social gatherings or via mutual friends. Today, everything is virtual — from work to making new friends. Therefore, virtual dating and chat apps are getting highly popular these days. Among all the […]
Do you have a genuine reason to hack someone’s Instagram password? For instance, you want to keep an eye on your teen’s Instagram activities; your friend has forgotten his or her IG password or something else. Here if you have a legitimate reason to hack Instagram password, there are numerous legal Instagram password cracker tools […]
If you are wondering that augmented reality-based applications are still very far in the future, you are wrong. Today, AR-oriented websites and mobile applications are being developed rapidly; just look at the Apple 12 or EaseUS MobiMover websites to check mind-blowing AR effects. Additionally, users are nowadays looking for more realistic and personalized experiences from […]
Whether you want to follow the latest trends or wish to engage with your Instagram followers, IG Reels can help you with everything. But what if Instagram Reels are not working for you? Sounds scary! But it is possible. Despite Instagram being one of the most popular photos sharing platforms, it still faces numerous technical […]
Wireless earbuds are hot items these days, especially after Apple’s AirPods popularity. Now, to stimulate the wireless connectivity industry, xFyro has also introduced new ANC earbuds. The company claims to develop fully waterproof, 8-hour long battery life and superior HD sound quality powered with AI-technology earbuds. The product seems amazing from the company’s briefing, but […]
We’d like to welcome you to The Elder Scrolls Online’s Nightblade leveling guide! The build is intended to assist anyone who is upgrading a Nightblade in order to become a Magicka damage dealer. This isn’t a typical “leveling procedure,” but rather a structure that shows some of the most common constructions for this role. This […]
Apple TV is one of the finest streaming devices available, supporting SD, HD, and 4K resolutions. But why should you get it? Let’s find out! Apple just upgraded the Apple TV 4K, which means you can now view models from 2017 and 2021. But what is the difference and is it worthwhile to upgrade from […]
If one thing associated with Covid-19 outbreak that made life easier for people is evolution in video & digital platforms. Working and studying from home has seen a surge in demand for more quality videos. Recorded lectures, presentations, and other forms of video content are easily available now in HD quality, thanks to video editing […]