Best Evernote Alternatives
For personal use or professional, note-taking apps are a significant boon. One of the top options available currently is Evernote, with a wide range of high-quality features. For example, users can add notes, handwritten and digitized text, link audio files or images, and make lists. Then, they can categorize the notes and even share them online.
While Evernote has excellent features, people need other reliable Evernote alternatives that are easy to use and feature-rich. Use AVG Antivirus Free for device and note protection, especially with its robust App Lock feature.
There are multiple intuitive options available with multi-OS compatibility. Here, you will learn about the best 10 best options.
Top Evernote Alternatives in 2022
Many high-quality modern, and reliable note-making apps are available with various uses and good storage. After careful research and deliberation, we have compiled a list of the top 10 options in this post. Read ahead to know what they are.
Users can easily create different notes on Notejoy. They can add task checklists and use the drag-and-drop editor to capture, copy, and paste images. The app supports various docs well, like PDFs, audio, videos, Microsoft Office docs, and Google docs.
Plus, you can use keyboard shortcuts and markdown syntax for quicker note composition. The app works offline and is compatible with different OS, browsers, and device types.
Compatibility: Web, Android, Mac, Windows, iOS
Price: Free; Solo- $4 per month; Plus- $8 per month; Premium- $12 per month
- Bi-directional linking feature available for easy backlinking
- Integrates with platforms like Google Drive and Trello smoothly
- Markdown editor available
- Focus mode is easy to use
- Supports around 5 uses for each library under the free plan
- Clean and smooth UI
- Fast and efficient Web Clippers
- Limited storage of 100 MB and 5 notebooks supported under the free version
- Advanced features are for Pro users, mainly
SimpleNote is one of the best Evernote alternatives available currently. It is easy to access the app from any device or network connection. In addition, the notes get updated in real-time, so users do not have to sync the information at each time of entry manually.
Users can share instructions and to-do lists or public notes through this app directly online. The notes are backed up correctly; you can find older notes easily.
Compatibility: Browsers, iOS, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android
- Easy to sync across many devices easily
- Simple to navigate UI
- Free functions like backups, sharing, and syncing files
- Quickly write and publish Markdown-based notes with no tables
- Free to use
- Markdown editor is feature-rich and easy to use
- Secure note saving guarantee
- Not possible to backlink or bi-directional linking
- Cannot import any notes from the alternative note-making apps
Microsoft OneNote is one of the most valuable note-taking and file management services. This offering from Microsoft is easy to access with a Microsoft account. You can sort all content into pages, sections, and notebooks. Plus, it is possible to add tags to the content pieces to highlight the priority notes.
Another notable benefit here is linking online videos and recording audio directly through the app. Then, save and share the notes afterward.
Compatibility: Web, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
Price: Available with Microsoft 365 plan
- Use the integrated web clipper for single-click content saving
- Mobile-intuitive interface
- Add different types of media files, videos, audio
- Drawing feature available
- Cross-functional notebook for different note-making functionals
- Multi-OS support
- Suitable for education organizations for lesson planning and organizing
- Need to buy the Microsoft 365 pack to avail this service for web usage
- Costly for many users
Notesnook is a suitable app for writing and saving offline notes and easy sharing in a team setting. Users can create unlimited notes while using this application. The interface is easy to understand for beginners and professional-level users easily.
The app assures top-security with end-to-end encryption protection during sharing. In addition, the text editor comes with various features and is easy to use.
Compatibility: Web, Windows, Mac, iOS, Android
Price: $4.49 per month
- The app is entirely end-to-end encrypted
- No tracking or data mining issues
- Private vault for notes
- End-to-end encrypted syncing and password protection for notes is free
- Offline working is possible
- Import notes from other note-taking apps
- Easy to sync with different devices
- Limited storage and attachments allowed under the free plan
- Full markdown and text editor support in Pro version only
CintaNotes is one of the most suitable Evernote alternatives for easy note creation, organization, and sharing. You can create text-based content and pull such text from other applications to ClintaNotes. In addition, it is easy to sync notes from different notes using one ClintaNotes account from one place.
Also, add images and files to notes for content optimizable. You can organize the notes in sections and notebooks. Search notes with full text.
Price: $39 per year
- Offline notes writing and storage
- Password encryption protection
- Automated backups for notebooks
- Tag different notes using hierarchic tags
- One-time payment only for premium plans
- Free to use
- Simple UI
- High cost for some
- Not supported on many OS types
With this alternative to Evernote, users can manage their tasks and assign activities to team members from this cohesive platform. All users of ProofHub can easily open the app and see the organized task list. Also, one can prepare and manage scheduled meetings, events, milestones, project deadlines, and appointments here.
Users can create and communicate through conversation threads and easily share documents and files with clients/remote teams. You can create private sections as well.
Compatibility: Web, iOS, Android
Price: $45 per month billed annually for 5 users
- Quick proof-read the documents/fast file approval
- Track task timing
- A timeline view of charts and tasks
- Easily share feedback, data, and ideas in threads
- Manage/assign tasks from one location
- Directly get support queries, tickets, and request forms
- Multiple-language support
- High cost
- Not the best proofing ability
7. Nimbus Note
Nimbus Note is one of the best Evernote alternatives due to its high-quality features and simple-to-use structure. Users can create docs, notes, and wikis online and manage different lists and tasks. In addition, it is easy to prepare spreadsheets, tablets, and databases through this application.
Users can handle professional data organization while using the Pro and Business account. In addition, there is the possibility to manage a client portal for guest users and manage custom branding/domain.
Compatibility: Windows, Web, Mac, Android, iOS
Price: $4 per month
- Focus mode available
- The app holds strong OCR capability
- Export files easily in HTML or PDF format
- Access the app online and attach varying file types (text, image, etc.)
- Suitable for multiple platforms and OS
- Includes a high-quality web clipper feature
- Block note-taking functionality
- The features under the free version are limited
- No ability to bi-directional linking
The notion is a suitable application for professional note-making and management usage. Users can utilize Notion is the primary platform for managing different wikis, docs, and projects from one platform. For companies, it is simple to access a Notion account and share/work on all documents collectively.
Users can custom-create their personalized dashboard using simple drag-and-drop abilities. In addition, all docs and wikis saved here are easy to find and well-organized on the simple interface.
Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Web, Android, iOS
Price: $4 per month
- A diverse list of free features for teams of 4 and more
- Works well as a case management system
- Easy to create and store notes
- Simplified file management
- Easily export files HTML, PDF, and CSV Markdown
- Works as an alternative for accounting functions
- Personalized and well-managed knowledge base
- Lacks OCR functions for images
- Not available for offline use
Obsidian is one of the best Evernote alternatives available online for quick and high-quality note-taking and management. In addition, users can manage different types of documents and files through this platform and add additional media-type content.
The search feature on Obsidian is straightforward to use and intuitive. So, it is not challenging to find files and notes quickly. In addition, the app has a local storage ability for files and a strong security structure.
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android
Price: $25+ onetime payment
- Easy to use and a functional text editor (full markdown)
- Add voice-based notes and other media types
- Huge core with third-party CSS Themes and Plugins
- Easy to organize dashboard
- Works as a valuable alternative to LibreOffice, MS Word, etc.
- Blocks out Bi-Directional linking
- Secure usability
- Lack of WYSIWYG features
- A lot of features are missing
10. Dropbox Paper
Dropbox Paper works as a suitable alternative to Evernote due to its diversified note-taking benefits. In addition, teams can do collaborative editing work in real-time using this app. So, in terms of usability, the app is more of a comprehensive co-editing tool.
The app is suitable for managing different meetings, agendas, lists, and notes in one place. It is easy to access the app with a Google account or Dropbox account.
Compatibility: Web, Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac
Price: $9.99 per month
- Easy management system for notes
- Co-editing tool for team-wise editing
- Comprehensive dashboard
- Suitable for multiple teams
- More features than just note-making, like meeting planning with calendars
- Easy-to-use templates
- Add multiple elements like emojis and images
- Not available for free
- No offline capability
All note-making apps are useful for quick and efficient note saving and listing. Options like SimpleNote and Notesjoy are two of the best Evernote alternatives with smooth usability, easy to use interface, and suitable storage quality.
Additionally, download the Systweak Applock for Android to keep your notes app locked from outside access. As for choosing the best option for you, check their specifications well first and then use some.
If you found this helpful, we have more such posts available. Read to know more.
Since its launch in 2016, WhatsApp desktop has become an internal part of the personal and professional lives of the modern population. As a result, users often need to open WhatsApp desktop to keep in touch with crucial notifications and messages without using mobile. However, this transition of WhatsApp from mobile to desktop is not […]
Most modern operating systems, like Windows 10, work smoothly on different devices. However, some errors may enter the device, which may cause it to malfunction or start creating issues with its features. For example, while every Windows 10 device offers seamless internet connectivity through Wi-Fi, users may have to face the issue of Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting […]
Web designers have been used for decades now to help companies and individuals build an online presence. They are different from programmers since they are the ones that make a website usable and don’t really deal with the code that makes it run. They can be quite expensive to hire to help you make a […]
You wrote an awesome idea in the Notes app, but when you try to access it on your Mac or iPhone, it’s gone! So, what is the reason for this? It’s primarily due to Apple Notes not syncing data between iPhone and Mac. Don’t be concerned. We faced a similar issue and were able to […]
Windows offer an in-built feature of remote desktop to allow a seamless connection between a remote PC and host system. It is widely used in remote assistance and remote working. Windows 11 and 10 users often feel the need to use a remote desktop which may create issues due to different reasons. Hence, many face […]
Introduction Gaming is among the most popular activities for many people, and multiple options are available across devices. Among them, racing simulation, be it extreme car racing themed or arcade/cart-based games, are one of the top sub-categories. On PlayStation PS4, users can expect a high-quality experience with these games, with detailed visuals and top-grade performance/speed. […]
Connecting to the internet is the primary need of multiple Windows 11 and 10 devices. Systems facing issues connecting with Wi-Fi need to look for the alternatives like mobile data. With USB tethering as the key alternative to the seamless Wi-Fi connection, USB tethering, when not working, can be highly irritating and must be immediately fixed. […]
Every app, simple or complex, goes through a specific development process. This process ensures that the app meets the client’s needs and satisfies the end user. Ultimately, each step—no matter how small—is essential to the app’s overall success. Read on for six must-do processes when building a successful application. Test the app Testing is a […]
With multiplayer games becoming increasingly popular worldwide, many game developers have focused on the Action and Adventure genres. Among these, Battle Royale games like PubG have gotten much attention, which is why Kinetic Games has released Phasmophobia, a multiplayer horror game. This game has been prereleased as an early access game, which means that specific […]
Google Chrome includes a file downloader module that allows you to download various types of files (images, documents, zips, executables, audio files, and so on) from the internet. Chrome not only downloads files but also performs a quick virus and malware scan on them. Unfortunately, the virus scan feature can begin to behave strangely and […]