How to Remove Bloatware from Windows 10 Easily
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily.
Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series of unnecessary partnership applications that you might never use. The features like suggestions appearing on your Start Menu or programs running in the background all are bloatware that captures a huge space on your hard drive and slows down your system.
Luckily, there are many ways to debloat Windows 10 gadgets. And in this post, you will get to know all those easy tricks to remove bloatware from your system.
4 Ways to Remove Bloatware in Windows 10
Compared to previous Windows versions, Windows 10 is partnered with more sponsored programs that can increase bloatware in your laptop. On the top, bloatware doesn’t appear in the System > Apps & Features list. Therefore, it is essential for you to know how to debloat Windows 10 quickly, such as—
1. Remove Ads and Suggestions
Do you want to remove certain brand’s ads or Start Menu suggestions? Then, you can have an option to block suggestions from Windows 10. To do so, go to the Start button, enter “suggestion,” and choose the “Show suggestions occasionally in Start” tab.
One more thing you can do is clean your Start Menu toolbar. Simply right-click on the program that you no longer need, and then click “Unpin from Start.” This will put a great relief on your system’s bloatware.
Also, if you are using an annoying Windows 8 tile Start Menu, immediately until it and easily locate the bloated applications.
2. Uninstall Bloated Applications
You can also use the simple uninstall approach to remove bloatware in your Windows 10. To uninstall bloated applications, you can follow these steps—
- Click on the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner.
- Next, navigate for the program that you want to remove and right-click on it.
- Finally, click on the Uninstall button and confirm it.
You can repeat the process until you remove all the unwanted bloated applications.
3. Use PowerShell
Here is the automatic method to debloat your Windows 10—PowerShell. Windows PowerShell is a user interface developed by Microsoft to automate tasks and configure management. There you have two options to remove bloatware using PowerShell, including—
In this method, you can debloat your computer without removing applications from your system. Instead, you will simply hide the applications, and it won’t disturb you reappearing in Windows reinstalls.
Before you start PowerShell, make sure that no other programs are running on your computer. Now, follow these steps—
- Enter PowerShell in the search box located at the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Then, click on the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Click on “Yes” to confirm the process.
- Use the below-listed command with the application that you want to hide.
Get-AppxPackage *appName* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Just simply replace the ‘appName’ with the application you want to uninstall and then press Enter.
- Repeat the process until you uninstalled all the applications, such as—
Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage
Alarms & Clocks
Get-AppxPackage *windowsalarms* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *windowscamera* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *soundrecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
The second way to completely destroy bloatware with PowerShell is using the DISM command. DISM stands for Deployment Imaging Service and Management. You can implement this command as follows—
- Put PowerShell in the search box located at the lower-left corner.
- Click on the “Run as Administrator” button.
- Press “Yes” to confirm the process.
- You can view the entire bloatware list using this command—
DISM /Online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages | select-string Packagename
- Navigate for the program that you want to delete from the system.
- Copy the Packagename for the app and the following command—
DISM /Online /Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackageName:PACKAGENAME
- Replace the Packagename word with the application name that you wanted to delete based on the earlier generated list. For example—
DISM /Online /Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackageName:Microsoft.Xbox.TCUI_1.24.10001.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe
- Keep on repeating the process until you have fully removed all bloated applications from your PC.
- Restart your computer to see the effect.
4. Use Third-party Bloatware Apps
If PowerShell is too complicated and traditional uninstallation is too simple for you, in that case, you can use third-party software to remove bloated applications. There are plenty of different bloatware removal apps available in the market, such as NoBloat, FreshStart, Windows 10 Debloater app, and many more.
To use different applications, you have to follow the different steps depending upon the app. For example, if you are using the Debloater app to remove bloatware apps, you have to follow these steps—
- Navigate to the Windows 10 Debloater site.
- Click on the Clone or Download button.
- Click on the Zip download and then save the file to your computer.
- Now, click on the “Extract all” button to extract all files from the downloaded zip folder.
- Check the “Show extracted files when complete” box to quickly locate the files.
- Right-click on the Windows10DebloaterGUI and choose “Run with PowerShell.”
- Click open, type Y, and press Enter.
- Windows 10 Debloater will appear on your screen.
- Click on the “Remove All Bloatware” button.
- That’s it will immediately remove all bloated applications from your computer system.
So there you go! You now know how to remove bloatware from your Windows 10 computer on time. Whenever your new PC slows down, don’t forget to run a bloatware cleaning and free up sufficient space on your hard drive.
If you have any more questions, you can share them in the comments. And don’t forget to like and share this post with your friends!
Learn how technology can help you manage liquidity in the modern era. Here you will find strategies for effective liquidity management and banking challenges.
Searching for ways to create beautiful diagrams in a hassle-free way? You will get the best guidelines here. We will provide you with a detailed guide to easily create beautiful diagrams.
Facing issues like your computer turns on but no display on monitor? Explore these nine ways to diagnose hardware or software problems in a functioning system.
Introduction: As technology continues to advance at an unprecedented pace, the importance of drivers on Windows operating systems cannot be overstated. Drivers are software components that allow your computer to communicate with hardware devices such as printers, graphics cards, and USB ports. Without proper drivers, your computer hardware would not function properly or at all, […]
Are you facing the frustrating issue of your PS4 controller charging but not connecting to your console? Explore these best seven fixes to resolve it.Introduction
In a world driven by technology, finding the perfect gift for the tech enthusiasts in your life has never been more exciting. Whether they’re gamers, gadget lovers, or tech-savvy professionals, there’s an array of innovative and cutting-edge options that will leave them thrilled. From sleek gadgets to immersive gaming experiences, the world of tech gifts […]