10 Best Tips to Improve Online Privacy & Security
Ever since we’ve been introduced to computers, our lives have been completely changed, mostly for good. Today, we operate electronic devices such as computers and smartphones for numerous purposes. Many of us use these devices for work, studies, entertainment, and many more activities. In addition to that, we’re blessed with the internet, through which we can connect with anyone in the world, access tons of books, audio, video, and many more. In the recent times, millions of people around the globe are spending a lot of time on the internet accessing social media platforms. With latest revolution in the telecom industry, it has become much easier and cheaper to access internet. But, with like anything else, there’s another side of the coin here. If you’re vigilant enough, you can become a victim of cyber attacks. In order to protect yourself, it’s highly suggested that you learn how to improve online privacy and security.
Top 10 Tips to Improve Online Privacy & Security
If you’re looking to safeguard your Internet privacy and improve online security, you should definitely educate yourself with some of the best tips out there. To help you with that, we’re listing down some of the most effective methods that you can use to enhance your digital security and privacy.
- Use Stronger Passwords: The journey to stronger internet security begins from the password section. You should always use stronger passwords for each and every account you use. You must create your password with a combination of alphabets, numbers, and special characters. If you’re not sure how to create a stronger password, just take assistance of any password generator out there. Furthermore, try to use different password for different accounts.
- Try using 2FA: There’s no scarcity of constant innovation in the digital world. One of such wonderful inventions is the two factor authentication technology. Basically, this acts as a powerful extra security layer for your logins. Today, pretty much every major website offers 2FA, which is why you need to make use of this technology and increase your online security. You can use password manager tools to get help creating a strong 2FA layer.
Read Also: Best Cybersecurity Tips for Businesses
- Use Encrypted Messaging: In this era of social networking, we usually contact many people a day. Whether it may be casual texting with your friends and family or something professional, we all use messaging apps day in and day out. While, we tend to share personal and confidential information in messages, it’s better to use stronger messaging methods. One of such is encryption services. Now, all the major messaging services offer encrypted texting, which you need to enable and use.
- Disable Lockscreen Notifications: When it comes to privacy, you should always be a bit extra careful. Since we all use smartphone on a daily basis, you have to take care of the privacy aspect of your mobile device. Even if you protect your phone with a lock pattern or password, people can still violate your privacy through lock screen notifications. In order to stop this, you should disable all lock screen notifications from displaying.
- Use Biometrics: If you’re looking for some way that can increase your online security by taking it up to the next level, try Biometrics. Nowadays, all the modern gadgets and devices offer biometric locking systems. You can either choose to use fingerprints, eye scanners, or voice recognizer to lock and unlock your device. This way, no one can access your device without your permission or supervision.
- Clear Junk Files: When it comes to online privacy, one of the main aspects you need to focus on is cookies and other similar files. Usually, whenever you use an app or a website, these types of files are downloaded onto your device for tracking purposes. But, they do invade your privacy by reading your usage behavior. This includes your browsing history and similar other things. So, always try to clear your device off junk files regularly.
- Use a Security Program: In the recent past, there had been many cyber attacks that victimized millions of device all over the world. If you don’t want to be the next victim of such attacks, try to use a security program that fights against virus, malware, and other types of online threats. These programs also combat hackers and spammers as well. Whether you’re using a mobile device or a computer, you can get one for it and enjoy better security and privacy.
- Review Social Privacy Settings: We often spend a few hours on social media regularly. Most of us like to share about our life and other related things on these social media platforms. But, someone may intrude your privacy and steal your personal information or even could stalk you as well. In order to stop such things, you better review the privacy settings of your social media accounts on a regular basis.
- Never Click Random Links: If we talk about Internet security & privacy, one of the most important factors is hacking attacks. Most of the attackers target victims through phishing techniques. These attacks are disguised behind normal links that most people don’t consider suspicious. But, you should never click on a random link from any unknown source. If you’re using a good security tool, it can alert you about any random links that are presented to you.
- Try Avoiding Public WiFi: We all go to public places such as Coffee shops and cafes. While we are there, we usually tend to use the free WiFi connection available. But, it’s not really a good practice, since an attacker could also connect to that connection and target other users like you. Try to avoid using any type of public connections unless it’s very important.
Read Also: How are Search Engines a Risk to Privacy
Now, you may have learned how important it is to improve online privacy and security. The above-mentioned tips are very effective in enhancing digital security and privacy. Try to follow these methods and safeguard your digital life. Furthermore, do check our website for regular updates on different Internet security topics.
What is internet security? Internet security and network security refer to the same thing. However, internet security is slightly different from cybersecurity. In truth, it won’t be wrong to say that internet security is just but a segment of cybersecurity. It is prudent that you clearly understand the distinction between the two. By definition, […]
There are times when you’re listening to your favorite song. And when you hear the verse or chorus that you love the most, you wish you could set it as a ringtone for your iPhone. There are also times when you’re at a public place, and a phone starts to ring that sounds just similar […]
The expectations and excitement we see around artificial intelligence (AI) today are amazingly overwhelming. We’ll be talking to our computers soon. Is this so and how real is all this? As an industry student of technology, I can say that we are going through a rather interesting stage, when, on the one hand, the hype […]
Dr.Fone is a complete utility software hub. It has Data Recovery, System Repair, Screen Unlock, Phone Manager, and many other tools for iOS users. However, today, the TC team would like to share Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS) tool review with our readers and disclose many new things about the program. So, let’s check out […]
The use of computerized innovation in the medical services area has changed significantly all through the world. Consolidating software with healthcare services is so useful to the clinical area that it resembles joining two of the most impressive energies into one. As displayed during this frightful pandemic, ongoing enhancements in healthcare software can assist with […]
If you have just upgraded your macOS Monterey 12 to find your Mac is also lagging, getting stuck, or running slow, you have come to the right place. Here we will discuss quick troubleshooting tips to get your Mac back on track. Before we get into details, let us try to understand the root of […]
Data is essential for all; be it a home user or professional, all want to keep their data safe. However, due to unforeseen situations, primarily due to human error, we lose important data. This is when data recovery tools come to play. Using them, you can get deleted or missing files back. But with so […]
Is Bluetooth on Windows 11 giving issues? You have come to the right place. In this post, we will discuss how to fix Windows 11 Bluetooth not working. Generally, the Bluetooth problems are caused due to some software issues, but they can also be related to hardware malfunctioning. Therefore, before we get into details, let […]
Are you facing connectivity issues? Follow these instructions to reset network settings on your Windows 11 and fix the connectivity problems. The network settings on the PC manages internet connectivity. However, in some cases, due to outdated network adapters and incompatible configuration issues like slow connection and dropped connection, no wireless connectivity occurs. If you […]
As the cybersecurity needs of users are growing, Bitdefender has come up with comprehensive Internet security software that is designed to keep you safe 24/7. Bitdefender Internet Security is a one-stop solution for all your security needs. We’ve got a chance to test this powerful tool and to check its compatibility with other security solutions […]
Is Microsoft’s digital assistant bothering you? Do you want to uninstall it? You’ve come to the right place; here, we will explain removing Cortana on Windows 11. Although Microsoft doesn’t give a straightforward way to uninstall it, there are still ways. Why Uninstall Cortana? It is not like Microsoft’s cloud-based digital assistant; Cortana takes too […]
Technology is advancing at an alarming rate, with most people jumping onto the new trend without fully understanding what these advancements entail or the consequences. It is also a widely known fact that many people do not read the terms and conditions of the new apps. So, the following seven apps will help you keep […]
Most students find it hard to write a comprehensive academic essay within the given timeframe. It becomes quite challenging and equally stressful to complete the assigned task, especially when the deadline is near. However, there are certainapps for writing essaysthat will help you deliver top-quality assignments. Best Essay Writing Apps to Improve Writing Skills There […]
Today’s security professionals have become familiar with the idea that every organization has an attack surface that describes its global exposure to threats against internal and cloud applications, devices, users, and data. The attack surface grows as greater connectivity, cloud applications and myriad new types of device are adopted as an organization expands its digital […]
Worldwide, more and more people are doing what they can to protect themselves and their data. Considering we live in a world that is so connected, with everything from work to our social lives and entertainment happening online, protection is a must. Staying safe online isn’t as difficult as you think either; it just requires […]