10 Best Tips to Improve Online Privacy & Security
Ever since we’ve been introduced to computers, our lives have been completely changed, mostly for good. Today, we operate electronic devices such as computers and smartphones for numerous purposes. Many of us use these devices for work, studies, entertainment, and many more activities. In addition to that, we’re blessed with the internet, through which we can connect with anyone in the world, access tons of books, audio, video, and many more. In the recent times, millions of people around the globe are spending a lot of time on the internet accessing social media platforms. With latest revolution in the telecom industry, it has become much easier and cheaper to access internet. But, with like anything else, there’s another side of the coin here. If you’re vigilant enough, you can become a victim of cyber attacks. In order to protect yourself, it’s highly suggested that you learn how to improve online privacy and security.
Top 10 Tips to Improve Online Privacy & Security
If you’re looking to safeguard your Internet privacy and improve online security, you should definitely educate yourself with some of the best tips out there. To help you with that, we’re listing down some of the most effective methods that you can use to enhance your digital security and privacy.
- Use Stronger Passwords: The journey to stronger internet security begins from the password section. You should always use stronger passwords for each and every account you use. You must create your password with a combination of alphabets, numbers, and special characters. If you’re not sure how to create a stronger password, just take assistance of any password generator out there. Furthermore, try to use different password for different accounts.
- Try using 2FA: There’s no scarcity of constant innovation in the digital world. One of such wonderful inventions is the two factor authentication technology. Basically, this acts as a powerful extra security layer for your logins. Today, pretty much every major website offers 2FA, which is why you need to make use of this technology and increase your online security. You can use password manager tools to get help creating a strong 2FA layer.
Read Also: Best Cybersecurity Tips for Businesses
- Use Encrypted Messaging: In this era of social networking, we usually contact many people a day. Whether it may be casual texting with your friends and family or something professional, we all use messaging apps day in and day out. While, we tend to share personal and confidential information in messages, it’s better to use stronger messaging methods. One of such is encryption services. Now, all the major messaging services offer encrypted texting, which you need to enable and use.
- Disable Lockscreen Notifications: When it comes to privacy, you should always be a bit extra careful. Since we all use smartphone on a daily basis, you have to take care of the privacy aspect of your mobile device. Even if you protect your phone with a lock pattern or password, people can still violate your privacy through lock screen notifications. In order to stop this, you should disable all lock screen notifications from displaying.
- Use Biometrics: If you’re looking for some way that can increase your online security by taking it up to the next level, try Biometrics. Nowadays, all the modern gadgets and devices offer biometric locking systems. You can either choose to use fingerprints, eye scanners, or voice recognizer to lock and unlock your device. This way, no one can access your device without your permission or supervision.
- Clear Junk Files: When it comes to online privacy, one of the main aspects you need to focus on is cookies and other similar files. Usually, whenever you use an app or a website, these types of files are downloaded onto your device for tracking purposes. But, they do invade your privacy by reading your usage behavior. This includes your browsing history and similar other things. So, always try to clear your device off junk files regularly.
- Use a Security Program: In the recent past, there had been many cyber attacks that victimized millions of device all over the world. If you don’t want to be the next victim of such attacks, try to use a security program that fights against virus, malware, and other types of online threats. These programs also combat hackers and spammers as well. Whether you’re using a mobile device or a computer, you can get one for it and enjoy better security and privacy.
- Review Social Privacy Settings: We often spend a few hours on social media regularly. Most of us like to share about our life and other related things on these social media platforms. But, someone may intrude your privacy and steal your personal information or even could stalk you as well. In order to stop such things, you better review the privacy settings of your social media accounts on a regular basis.
- Never Click Random Links: If we talk about Internet security & privacy, one of the most important factors is hacking attacks. Most of the attackers target victims through phishing techniques. These attacks are disguised behind normal links that most people don’t consider suspicious. But, you should never click on a random link from any unknown source. If you’re using a good security tool, it can alert you about any random links that are presented to you.
- Try Avoiding Public WiFi: We all go to public places such as Coffee shops and cafes. While we are there, we usually tend to use the free WiFi connection available. But, it’s not really a good practice, since an attacker could also connect to that connection and target other users like you. Try to avoid using any type of public connections unless it’s very important.
Read Also: How are Search Engines a Risk to Privacy
Now, you may have learned how important it is to improve online privacy and security. The above-mentioned tips are very effective in enhancing digital security and privacy. Try to follow these methods and safeguard your digital life. Furthermore, do check our website for regular updates on different Internet security topics.
The train journey is a wholesome experience. Getting to know different places, meeting new people, lazy talks, speed rush, and so much more. Now, imagine what if you get all the train experience while sitting at your home? Cool, right? By playing train games on your iOS gadgets, you can ride, drive or perform stunts […]
The simulation gaming genre is hard to ignore in 2021. A game that can lift the barrier between real life and virtual life. These games can stimulate your senses and let you live your gaming fantasies. Simulator games are a perfect combination of fun and technology that you can’t afford to miss out on. Today, […]
Are you finally ready to optimize your website? Ready to create a user-friendly website that can dramatically increase your sales? Then, you must have already gone through all the amazing A/B testing tools available in the market. You know the UX A/B testing software market wasn’t that crowded a few years back. There were only […]
Are you running an online store? Then, dispatching items, tracking deliveries, taking returns, and managing stock must give you a terrible migraine. But, not anymore! With the best warehouse management software in 2021, you can efficiently manage all warehouse operations with ease. WMS software will reduce manual labor and improve customer services in no time. […]
Are you an architect, interior designer, or just a hobbyist? You need 3D architecture software to conceptualize your building or home design ideas. Plus, do you know how quick and accurate models you can create with 3D printing? If not, let us help you find the best architecture design software in 2021. With the right […]
Billing and invoicing is a hard business. Creating invoices, sending them, and following up on unpaid bills can take up a lot of time. On the top, recurring bills and invoices can definitely lose you money without even realizing it. Billing and invoicing software are the perfect alternatives to your old accounting system. Using billing […]
Accounting is a very broad spectrum revolving around numerous financial operations. Accounts payable management is one of the crucial accounting operations to maintain a proper cash flow system. AP teams processes, records, and ensure to pay vendors on time. The accounts payable software can fully automate manual data entry work. Additionally, AP software helps with […]
Whether you are a solopreneur or a corporate leader, undoubtedly, you need the best payroll management software to smoothly run your business. HR payroll software helps in saving time, efforts and keeping your staff happy. Plus, payroll software ensures that you meet all the tax compliance. If you haven’t yet selected the suitable payroll software […]
Health is Wealth — we all know that! Unfortunately, not many people still pay attention to their medication and take their prescribed pills on time. Often work schedules and home chores take all your attention that you don’t remember to take your medicines on time. If that always happens with you, technology has invented a […]
Now that your iPhone storage is almost full and the easiest way to free up some space is to move your large files from iPhone to your Mac. Videos occupy fair share of total storage space and it is wise to move these large files to your Mac so that you give your iOS device […]