10 Best Tips to Improve Online Privacy & Security
Ever since we’ve been introduced to computers, our lives have been completely changed, mostly for good. Today, we operate electronic devices such as computers and smartphones for numerous purposes. Many of us use these devices for work, studies, entertainment, and many more activities. In addition to that, we’re blessed with the internet, through which we can connect with anyone in the world, access tons of books, audio, video, and many more. In the recent times, millions of people around the globe are spending a lot of time on the internet accessing social media platforms. With latest revolution in the telecom industry, it has become much easier and cheaper to access internet. But, with like anything else, there’s another side of the coin here. If you’re vigilant enough, you can become a victim of cyber attacks. In order to protect yourself, it’s highly suggested that you learn how to improve online privacy and security.
Top 10 Tips to Improve Online Privacy & Security
If you’re looking to safeguard your Internet privacy and improve online security, you should definitely educate yourself with some of the best tips out there. To help you with that, we’re listing down some of the most effective methods that you can use to enhance your digital security and privacy.
- Use Stronger Passwords: The journey to stronger internet security begins from the password section. You should always use stronger passwords for each and every account you use. You must create your password with a combination of alphabets, numbers, and special characters. If you’re not sure how to create a stronger password, just take assistance of any password generator out there. Furthermore, try to use different password for different accounts.
- Try using 2FA: There’s no scarcity of constant innovation in the digital world. One of such wonderful inventions is the two factor authentication technology. Basically, this acts as a powerful extra security layer for your logins. Today, pretty much every major website offers 2FA, which is why you need to make use of this technology and increase your online security. You can use password manager tools to get help creating a strong 2FA layer.
Read Also: Best Cybersecurity Tips for Businesses
- Use Encrypted Messaging: In this era of social networking, we usually contact many people a day. Whether it may be casual texting with your friends and family or something professional, we all use messaging apps day in and day out. While, we tend to share personal and confidential information in messages, it’s better to use stronger messaging methods. One of such is encryption services. Now, all the major messaging services offer encrypted texting, which you need to enable and use.
- Disable Lockscreen Notifications: When it comes to privacy, you should always be a bit extra careful. Since we all use smartphone on a daily basis, you have to take care of the privacy aspect of your mobile device. Even if you protect your phone with a lock pattern or password, people can still violate your privacy through lock screen notifications. In order to stop this, you should disable all lock screen notifications from displaying.
- Use Biometrics: If you’re looking for some way that can increase your online security by taking it up to the next level, try Biometrics. Nowadays, all the modern gadgets and devices offer biometric locking systems. You can either choose to use fingerprints, eye scanners, or voice recognizer to lock and unlock your device. This way, no one can access your device without your permission or supervision.
- Clear Junk Files: When it comes to online privacy, one of the main aspects you need to focus on is cookies and other similar files. Usually, whenever you use an app or a website, these types of files are downloaded onto your device for tracking purposes. But, they do invade your privacy by reading your usage behavior. This includes your browsing history and similar other things. So, always try to clear your device off junk files regularly.
- Use a Security Program: In the recent past, there had been many cyber attacks that victimized millions of device all over the world. If you don’t want to be the next victim of such attacks, try to use a security program that fights against virus, malware, and other types of online threats. These programs also combat hackers and spammers as well. Whether you’re using a mobile device or a computer, you can get one for it and enjoy better security and privacy.
- Review Social Privacy Settings: We often spend a few hours on social media regularly. Most of us like to share about our life and other related things on these social media platforms. But, someone may intrude your privacy and steal your personal information or even could stalk you as well. In order to stop such things, you better review the privacy settings of your social media accounts on a regular basis.
- Never Click Random Links: If we talk about Internet security & privacy, one of the most important factors is hacking attacks. Most of the attackers target victims through phishing techniques. These attacks are disguised behind normal links that most people don’t consider suspicious. But, you should never click on a random link from any unknown source. If you’re using a good security tool, it can alert you about any random links that are presented to you.
- Try Avoiding Public WiFi: We all go to public places such as Coffee shops and cafes. While we are there, we usually tend to use the free WiFi connection available. But, it’s not really a good practice, since an attacker could also connect to that connection and target other users like you. Try to avoid using any type of public connections unless it’s very important.
Read Also: How are Search Engines a Risk to Privacy
Now, you may have learned how important it is to improve online privacy and security. The above-mentioned tips are very effective in enhancing digital security and privacy. Try to follow these methods and safeguard your digital life. Furthermore, do check our website for regular updates on different Internet security topics.
Want to access geo-restricted sites, but don’t want to get into the nitty-gritty of technicalities? You are in luck. ClearVPN is just the right VPN for you. Unlike other VPNs in the market, ClearVPN lets you choose the activity you wish to perform, not the server. This makes using both a VPN and staying secure […]
Of course, you’ve spent a lot of money for your new Mac, and we understand how it can be frustrating when you see it starts working slow or any other unusual things happen, like an unexpected crash of apps. What happened with the expensive device and how to stop and prevent this problem? In our […]
Human nature is defined as the constant struggle of man and woman to fulfill their immediate needs, wants, and desires. Once that list is achieved, we want more and in a consumer-dominated world, there is nothing better than that. You may be a fan of fast internet speeds, however, you would also need other perks […]
Identity theft – what is it and how to protect yourself? At a time when there is an unlimited amount of information available to the individual via the Internet, and the development of technology and the increasingly complex operation of the public and social life require the exchange of large quantities of data, the right […]
Blockchain technology has advanced significantly since the launch of cryptocurrency in 2008. Today, entrepreneurs in various industries have embraced its value and technological advantage, trying to appropriate it for advancing their competitive edge on the market. Besides, blockchain may open up new doors due to its dispersed and flexible nature, helping companies through transparency, privacy, […]
Are you contemplating software expansion? The complexity of programming necessitates the need for an expert programmer. While anyone can pass out as a developer, it will help if you research the leading destinations to outsource software development specialists. This article factors in everything you need to know when looking for a software developer. Factors to […]
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]