Best Phones for Kids: A Parent’s Guide 
Smartphones are one of the essential tools practically everyone has in their pocket. These communication devices are also helpful due to additional features like location tracking for safety purposes, instant internet connection, etc. Therefore, many parents decide to provide a smartphone for kids.
Multiple high-quality options are available from different brands suitable for younger users and come ingrained with safety-based features as well. Read this list of the top phones for kids to use.
Part 1: 4 Best Phones for Kids and Pre-teens
Some specific smartphones are more suitable for kids still new to using phones. Since kids and pre-teens typically do not need high-processing apps, standard-level or mid-range options with preset parental control features are helpful.
1. Gabb Z2: Best Phone for Kids with No Internet
One of the best phones for kids without the internet is the Gabb Z2 smartphone. The phone’s design mimics smartphones, with many useful pre-installed apps, rear/front-facing cameras, and fingerprint lock support. The lack of internet and social media access via this device makes it safe for children.
Younger users can do the standard functions with this Gabb phone for kids, like sending unlimited texts and calling. The music system in this phone assures safe song streaming without any explicit words or content. Kids will get digital backup support through Cloud and block spam as well.
Price: Free, USD 79.99, USD 149.99
- Easy to use for communication via text and call.
- No support for social media/internet.
- Blocked explicit music streaming.
- Dedicating parenting control apps are not available.
- No pre-installed games.
2. Jitterbug Flip 2: Best Flip Phone for Kids
Another notable phone that kids can use is the Jitterbug Flip 2. This operates in Android and has an easy-to-navigate UI due to the availability of more oversized buttons and a large screen. Kids will see the listed menu for easier access to settings. Besides that, the phone comes with Amazon Alexa integration. So, users can use that feature to place calls and do other activities efficiently.
Internet access and social media apps do not work on this phone. So, you can expect security for your younger children from online dangers with this phone for kids: no internet.
Price: Starts at USD 60
- Larger screen and buttons for more straightforward navigation.
- No access to social media or the internet.
- A dedicated urgent response button is available.
- It does not work with the commonly used wireless carriers except Lively.
- No parental control support.
3. Palm Phone: Best Cell Phone for Kids in Emergency
One of the best cell phones for young kids is the Palm Phone. Despite its smaller form factor and lightweight at 2.2 oz, the phone has many useful features. It works with T-Mobile as the wireless carrier and has an Android OS with 4G connectivity support. In terms of types of network connectivity, it has wireless connectivity features like WiFi, UMTS, and GSM.
While the screen size is smaller with a 3.3-inch HD display, users can click good-quality pictures in 12 MP. A reasonable storage limit of 32 GB is also included here. Other high-quality features include GPS, Hand-free Google Assistant, Face Unlock Recognition, and the Android app store.
Price: USD 229
- Life Mode support is available.
- Storage limit of 32 GB.
- A 12 MP primary camera is available on the rear side with an additional 8MP front camera.
- No support for an AT&T connection.
- Many unnecessary apps and features are available.
4. Pinwheel Slim 5: Safe Phone for Kids With Parental Control
The best phone for kids is the Pinwheel Slim 5 model. This is because of the high-quality parental control support available in the device for parents to keep track of their children’s online activities carefully. Kids cannot access app stores or internet browsers through this phone for kids.
You will get a Safelist feature to regulate the approved contacts and monitor call history and texts. GPS tracking is supported here, and users can also work with many pre-screen apps and set scheduled screen time. Set tasks as well.
Price: USD 199
- Battery lasts for 2 days.
- High storage capacity of 64 GB.
- Allow only approved contacts.
- Not compatible with Verizon carrier.
- It does not support 5G connectivity.
Part 2: 4 Best Phones for Teenagers
Teenagers can use smartphones with slightly more responsibility than younger kids but still require specific safety features. Storage and RAM power are also essential when selecting the best phone for teenagers.
1. iPhone SE 3rd: Best iPhone for Teenagers
The iPhone SE model with 5G support is the best iPhone for teenagers. It supports strong network connections via compatible carriers like Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint, which makes it suitable for most SIMs. Plus, the 4.7-inch screen display has widescreen support, and the home button has Touch ID sensitivity.
The display here has Retina HD display support. Plus, entertainment is possible with 15 hours of average video playback. The design is durable, has 1P67-protected water resistance, and runs on an A15 bionic chip for smooth performance.
Price: USD 309
- Record videos in 1080p/4K with 60FPS.
- Storage space availability of 64 to 256 GB.
- 12MP wide camera support with 7MP Facetime HD.
- Night mode is not available in the cameras.
- Outdated design.
2. Samsung Galaxy A32 5G: Best Samsung Phone for Teens
Alt text- samsung galaxy a32 5g
Another of the best phones for kids that you should consider is the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G. The Android phone comes with 5G support and includes GSM and CDMA wireless technology. Connectivity features are available in four ways: USB ports, Bluetooth, NFC, and WiFi. Plus, the phone supports 64GB of storage, which teenagers can use well.
Plus, the Android-centric smartphone is compatible with different carriers, including AT&T, assuring solid and stable connections. The 6.5-inch Infinity-V HD+ display has high-resolution viewing support to see clear and richly colored photos and videos. The device design itself is simple with a matte haze finish and made of a durable material like Gorilla Glass 5.
Price: USD 279.99
- Sound policies for software upgrades.
- Strong battery life.
- Durable build with a good in-hand feel.
- Scratches can occur on the back panel quickly.
- The display is low in resolution.
3. Google Pixel 6a: Best Smart Phone for Kids and Teenagers
Alt text- google pixel 6a
Google Pixel 6a is a capable phone that teenagers can find helpful for regular use. It comes with a Google Tensor chipset and offers a storage space of around 128 GB. The memory power on this device is around 6 GB of RAM, guaranteeing suitable performance for users. One can expect excellent battery life with this phone as well and get fast charging support.
In terms of usage benefits, teenagers will get a sound camera system here and click 12MP images. Effects like Portrait Mode, Motion Mode, and Magic Eraser are available here. Plus, the Live Translate functionality is another high-quality feature available for instantly translating chats, video captions, and messages.
Price: USD 399.99
- Live Translate supports around 55 languages.
- Strong battery life with fast charging.
- The preset security functions on this phone are suitable for young users.
- No support for wireless charging.
- MicroSD support is not available.
4. Motorola Moto G Power: Best Phone for Teens with Large Battery
The Motorola Moto G Power is one of the best phones for teens that you can turn to if your priority is strong battery life. After charging, the phone can stay active for around 3 days with medium to heavy usage. It runs on an octa-core processor and HyperEngine technology for high-quality processing speed.
The phone’s surface is water-repellent, protecting it from sudden splashes or spills. Plus, the triple camera system in this phone is another feature that younger users find very appealing about the smartphone. The camera clicks 50MP images with Dual Capture support. The display, too, is high-quality, with a 6.5-inch screen size and a refresh rate of 90 Hz.
Price: USD 169.99
- Storage available up to 128 GB.
- Battery life lasts for 3 days thanks to its 5000mAh battery.
- Parental controls are available.
- Syncing apps is helpful with your primary smartphone if it is from the same brand only.
- Only supports 2G network.
Part 3: FAQs
- What is the right age for kids to get their first mobile phone?
Typically, the perfect age range for kids to get their smartphone is between 10 to 14 years. During these ages, the children are starting or in middle school, and many kids travel on their own to school or other locations. Plus, parents with busy career schedules often provide phones to their children as a piece of communication.
- Why should kids have their own phones?
There are multiple reasons why many parents invest in phones for kids. In case the parents cannot stay with their children due to other commitments, the kids can use the device to communicate with them during emergencies. They can contact emergency services, search for information related to schoolwork, improve social skills by interacting with peers, and use them for entertainment purposes like playing games.
- What should you do before buying a phone for your kids?
There are various steps you can take to protect your kids and their user experience on smartphones:
- Set up a password or PIN for the password.
- Install location tracking or scheduled screen time limit apps.
- Activate filters for their search online.
- Deactivate the ability to make in-app purchases.
- Establish ground rules for blocked sites and screen time.
- Inform children of safety concerns on communicating with strangers on online platforms.
- Purchasing screen protector and phone case for device protection.
The Closing Thoughts
Overall, there are multiple smartphone options available from brands suitable for kids to use. You should consider their specifications and security features to make the right purchase. Later, use a suitable data transfer app like MobileTrans to migrate important notes and document files into the phone that your children will need later after purchasing the device.
Learn how technology can help you manage liquidity in the modern era. Here you will find strategies for effective liquidity management and banking challenges.
Searching for ways to create beautiful diagrams in a hassle-free way? You will get the best guidelines here. We will provide you with a detailed guide to easily create beautiful diagrams.
Facing issues like your computer turns on but no display on monitor? Explore these nine ways to diagnose hardware or software problems in a functioning system.
Introduction: As technology continues to advance at an unprecedented pace, the importance of drivers on Windows operating systems cannot be overstated. Drivers are software components that allow your computer to communicate with hardware devices such as printers, graphics cards, and USB ports. Without proper drivers, your computer hardware would not function properly or at all, […]
Are you facing the frustrating issue of your PS4 controller charging but not connecting to your console? Explore these best seven fixes to resolve it.Introduction
In a world driven by technology, finding the perfect gift for the tech enthusiasts in your life has never been more exciting. Whether they’re gamers, gadget lovers, or tech-savvy professionals, there’s an array of innovative and cutting-edge options that will leave them thrilled. From sleek gadgets to immersive gaming experiences, the world of tech gifts […]