How to Solve NVIDIA Drivers Not Installing Issue?
Graphics are necessary for any high-performing system. The dedicated video cards on systems are necessary for different personal and professional users. The amazing NVIDIA Graphics GPU installed on the system can offer the benefits of the much-required graphic to the users. Thus, many professionals and beginners need to install NVIDIA drivers on their systems. However, users may face issues of failed NVIDIA installation.
Let us help readers understand all about these NVIDIA drivers not installing issues in detail. We’ll go through the top reasons causing these problems, followed by the quick methods to solve this problem. It is easy to understand these methods one by one.
What are NVIDIA drivers?
NVIDIA drivers are the set of instructions or program which communicates from the Windows operating system to the device. These drivers are necessary for the display of different colors, setting the screen resolution, advanced features of video cards or GPU, etc. NVIDIA uses a special marketing term for their drivers, i.e., “Game Ready,” for introducing software updates and driver updates.
One of the prominent reasons to monitor NVIDIA drivers is due to its enhanced support and performance improvements. System users may have the best GPUs, but these are incomplete without dedicated drivers. Hence, to remove problems like graphical glitches, crashing, stuttering, low frame rates, etc., it is necessary to use updated NVIDIA drivers.
Why do NVIDIA drivers not install on the system?
After having a brief about the NVIDIA drivers, it is mandatory to go through the top reasons causing it. Some of the common NVIDIA drivers not installed on the system messages are:
- This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows.
- NVIDIA Installer failed
- GeForce Game Ready Driver Installation can’t continue
- NVIDIA Installer cannot continue
The NVIDIA Graphics GPU requires the proper installation of the NVIDIA drivers. The hardware devices will not work properly if these drivers are not installed properly. Some of the common reasons leading to improper installation of NVIDIA drivers are:
- An improper version of the NVIDIA driver
- The protective action of the installed antivirus
- Extra files on the system restricting the NVIDIA driver installation
- Critical system issues causing problems in NVIDIA driver installation
Top methods to solve NVIDIA Drivers not installing issue
After going through the top reasons behind the NVIDIA drivers not installing issues, it is time to learn the different methods to solve this problem. Some of the solutions ensuring Smooth NVIDIA driver installation are:
- Manual driver installation:
The first method to get rid of the NVIDIA driver not installing issue is to directly download it from the official website of NVIDIA. The quick steps for manual driver installation are:
- Stop the NVIDIA processes by clicking the “Task Manager” at any area of taskbar.
- Select the NVIDIA-related processes and click “End Task” for every step.
- Press the Windows logo key and “E” simultaneously to launch File Explorer.
- Delete the files by navigating through the following directories.
- C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation
- C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_lh document
- C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvoclock document
- C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvdsp.inf document
- Go to the official page of NVIDIA drivers.
- Select the details like product type, product series, product, operating system, download type, and language.
2. Disabling antivirus temporarily:
The antivirus program or GPU monitoring tool can cause NVIDIA drivers installation problems. These programs may interfere with the NVIDIA driver installation and prevent it from starting. It can be due to the changes made by the NVIDIA drivers on the system, which are protected by the antivirus.
Turning off the antivirus is not recommended as it may attract malware attacks. However, a temporary antivirus disabling can be helpful for seamless NVIDIA installation. Hence, turning off the respective antivirus on the system and reinstalling the NVIDIA driver are recommended.
3. Updating the Graphics Device Drivers:
The next method in line is to update the graphics device drivers. It is easy to go for the Windows update on the system which checks for the Graphics device drivers update also.
The second option is to go for the Device Manager. Both these can help solve the problem of NVIDIA drivers not installing due to old versions. Further, it can be the perfect solution for getting the latest version of the NVIDIA drivers with no additional help and improve the system’s performance.
Let us go through the both ways i.e., Windows update and device manager one-by-one. The quick steps for the same are:
Using Windows Update:
- Open “Start,” “Settings,” and “Updates and Security.”
- Go to “Check for Update.”
- The update manager will scan for all available updates. Select the “Download” button to download and install the updates.
Using Device Manager:
- Open Run box by “Windows key + R.”
- Type “devmgmt.msc” and click “Ok” for opening Device Manager.
- Expand the “Display adapters” section to list all integrated and dedicated graphics drivers on the system.
- Select the driver and choose “Update Driver.”
4. Renaming NVIDIA graphics folder:
If all the above three methods are not solving the problem of NVIDIA drivers installation, it is easy to rename the NVIDIA graphics folder. The change in the path of the folder due to renaming may cause certain features to work in different ways. It can be used to install the NVIDIA drivers successfully. The quick steps for the same are:
- Open “File Explorer” and go to the system drive.
- Go to “Program Files” and open “NVIDIA Corporation.”
- Select the “Rename” option and change the name of the folder.
- Run the driver setup now and check for the error.
Hence, it is easy for the readers to understand all about the NVIDIA drivers not installing issues for their systems. NVIDIA drivers are necessary for optimizing the use of the different GPUs and eliminating the issues like low frame rates, stuttering, graphical glitches, crashing, etc. The different error messages may show the failed NVIDIA installation.
The different methods to solve the NVIDIA drivers not installing issue is to go for the manual driver installation, disabling Antivirus temporarily, etc. Users can go for updating the graphics device drivers, renaming the NVIDIA graphics folder, etc. Beginners or professionals can go for these easy methods to solve the NVIDIA driver not installing issue.
Explore a comprehensive comparison between CCleaner VS Advanced SystemCare, two leading system optimization tools. Discover their features, functionalities, and performance to make an informed choice.
Discover the top 10 CCleaner alternatives for Mac in 2023. Explore a range of efficient, user-friendly programs like CCleaner for Mac tailored for a seamless macOS experience.
Discover the top 15 free live wallpaper apps for Windows 10 & 11 PC! Elevate your desktop experience with these dynamic and stunning wallpapers. Find the perfect app to personalize your desktop.
How to fix Unknown USB Device error which is also famous as Device Descriptor Request Failed error on Windows 11 and Windows 10 PC.
When you secure college admission to pursue a degree or diploma of your choice, what often comes to your mind? Except for those who got a chance to study in a specific university due to talent, especially sports, a significant proportion of students will want to land a well-paying job, whereas a few might opt […]
Fix the error “Windows Has Stopped this Device because it has Reported Problems” or Code 43 error on Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Here are the best script writing software which can help you write amazing stuff. These software to write scripts can make the process convenient for you.
n: CleanMyMac X is offering an exclusive 30% discount for Black Friday only. Get the top Mac optimization software at an unbeatable price. Learn about the powerful features of CleanMyMac X and why you should grab this 1-day deal.
Unsure when it’s time to seek professional help for resolving the application error (0xc0000005)? This blog post has got you covered with clear guidance and solutions.