Best Free Ad Blocker for Windows
People use browsers and applications on their devices for various functions, including streaming videos or viewing content. However, regardless of the browser type or device they use, one issue that everyone deals with is popup advertisements.
Some websites do not provide excessive ads, but they can still get distracting for most users. Not to mention, a few ads may contain malicious content or malware.
At this point, using the Best Ad Blocker plugin, software, or extension is useful to block the excessive stream of ads while browsing or using an application/service. Here, we cover the Best free Ad Blockers available in the market- choose the right fit for your needs.
Top 10 Best Free Ad Blockers for Windows
There are multiple high-quality types of Ad Blocker for Windows that appropriately repel multiple ads during usage. Most of the options we found are compatible with varying modern browsers. We compiled a list of the top 10 ad-blocking tools that we found here.
Avira Browser Safety is one of the Best Ad Blocker options available for Windows users for strong protection against ads. It is a free add-on that users can get with the Avira Antivirus software, aiming toward privacy and browsing protection.
The features available in Avira Browser Safety center around a secure surfing experience as it rejects phishing and malicious sites. It can easily detect the presence of an infected ad when it appears on the system and blocks it out.
The add-on service also assures protection from browser hijacking and tracking and safeguards transactions/communication. Moreover, you can choose what to block, like web, ads, and social media tracking.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Firefox, Opera, Chrome
- Blocks out infected and excessive ads from sites automatically.
- Detects and stops tracking through ads.
- Check for unwanted applications for easier removal.
- Defends system/browser against hijacking attempts.
- Settings are easily customizable due to the intuitive UI.
- The Dark Mode option is available.
- Easy to use functions.
- This is an add-on with the Avira Antivirus software.
- Not available for Edge users.
AdBlocker Ultimate is easily one of the Best Ad Blocker for Windows users that is currently available. It is suitable for different types of browsers and comes equipped with strong functions that guarantee the best safety and privacy to users.
This extension for web browsers is free to use and effectively blocks out online trackers, malicious sites, and annoying ads without any fuss. Moreover, it does not offer the function of acceptable ads where there are pre-set site-based ads that are considered acceptable.
Users have full control over what types of ads they see and safelist necessary websites directly.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Firefox, Safari, Edge, Chrome
- Users can block specific elements of websites for customized usage.
- Strong privacy protection for all data during browsing.
- Advanced allowlisting functions for users to set which ads to block/accept directly.
- Robust ad-blocking technology for safeguarding against all ad types.
- Free for all devices.
- Blocks out different types of ads easily.
- Compatible with different types of web browsers.
- No Acceptable ads are pre-set.
- Slightly complicated for total beginners initially.
AdLock is the Best free Ad Blocker that users can opt for to get rid of all ad types for users when they are browsing. On websites, it can easily block banners and popups and improve data security for users. Besides these, the AdLock extension also blocks crypto mining ads and video ads for users.
Users can expect less wastage of battery and safeguard their mobile data while using AdLock. This solution tracks bugs and spyware and detects links that can be defective. It also hides all user data efficiently.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Firefox, Safari, Edge, Chrome
Price: Free, 1 Month- USD 253.75 per month, 1 year- USD 213.52 per month, 5 years- USD 109.34 per month
- Keeps data and browsers secure against tracking ads.
- Removes all advertisement types.
- Detects and blocks ads during video playback.
- Add-on features like spam warning.
- Multiple devices are supported under each plan for AdLock users.
- Money-back guarantee in place.
- High-quality customer service support 24×7.
- Does not have the function of allowing acceptable ads from websites.
- The best features are available under paid plans.
This is a top Ad Blocker for Windows that operates in a low-impact capacity. Stands Fair AdBlocker is mainly useful for Chrome users, though it is not a compatible extension for other browsers. However, in terms of operation, Stands Fair AdBlocker does handle the necessary ad blocking tasks well.
It effectively safeguards against multiple ad types, like autoplay video ads, display ads, and social media ads. You can easily customize the type of content and ads you want to accept through this as well, and even allowlist specific websites.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Chrome
- Customize which ads are acceptable.
- Lightweight software quality assures speedier usage.
- Blocks out trackers and malware besides ads.
- Users can allow sponsored sites.
- Strong safelisting capability for websites.
- Blocks out every ad type from browsers.
- Flexible settings for blocking ads.
- Only works for Chrome browsers.
- Limited feature list.
5. Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus is another one of the top options available among the Best Ad Blocker for Windows list. Users can install this on their browser and begin experiencing a smoother surfing experience with zero ads in between.
This plugin is not huge in size, which is useful since it does not drag the system when operating. This quickly blocks out all annoying ads on websites. You can set the websites that you would allow ads for. Plus, Acceptable ads for specific sites are already pre-set.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera
- Blocks out popup ads, video ads, banner ads, and other advertisement types.
- Offer fast and clean browsing experience each time you load any browser.
- The software allows acceptable ads for specific websites as default.
- Simple interface with multiple features visible for quick ad removal.
- This has an open-source nature.
- All functions are free to use.
- Compatible with multiple types of browsers.
- It can show issues removing all ad types.
- Limited variety of functions compared to other options here.
Another of the Best free Ad Blocker options is the extension of AdGuard. It is one of the most lightweight and multi-functional ad-blocking web extensions available that guarantees a free browsing experience.
The software protects all browsers against different types of ads, like floating ads, interstitial ads, video ads, text ads, popups, and banner ads. Additionally, users can block specific elements or sections of the webpages with the built-in element blocking ability.
AdGuard Assistant is available as an additional application that offers similar functions as this extension with strong filtering ability.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Opera, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Yandex.Browser, Edge
- It can remove Adblock circumvention scripts.
- AdGuard blocks different types of ads, like text ads, popup ads, intestinal ads, etc.
- AdGuard Assistant for full-scale filtering on different desktop systems.
- Data privacy protection is available.
- Community and GitHub repositories are available.
- Blocks video ads.
- Protects the system against tracking cookies.
- It cannot block all types of ads/malicious content on every browser type as an extension.
- Only a 14-day free trial is available for Windows users.
7. Tor Browser
Tor Browser is a suitable solution available in the market for Best Ad Blocker for Windows. It offers advanced quality functions centering around surveillance protection, tracking safety, and censorship during internet surfing for users. It is usable in diverse regions and supports various languages, making it suitable for many global users.
This extension can block third-party unauthorized browser plugins, like QuickTime, RealPlayer, and other such options that can detect private data. Tor Browser blocks them automatically for better privacy.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Opera, Chrome, Safari, Firefox
- Protection from censorship of content.
- High-quality surveillance-based protection.
- Safety from tracking software or ads.
- Configure bridge through Network Settings when at a location that does not support this app.
- Supports multiple languages like English, German, French, Finnish, Spanish, etc.
- Tutorials are available for new software users.
- Three encryption layers are available.
- Safety concerns are available as the security feature here is not the strongest.
- Not suitable for everyday users.
Among these Best Ad Blocker options, TrustNav AdBlocker is another useful option for lots of users. It is strong ad-blocking technology that can prevent the activation of various ad types quickly. Whether a user is streaming video content or reading blog content, this ad blocker protects against unnecessary ads consistently.
The software extension for web browsers follows privacy protection as an important point of concern. For this, it is combined with the SafeSearch function under Trustnav Security, search engines, and ad networks.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Chrome, Firefox
- Lightweight software assures faster performance on multiple devices.
- The advanced function of ad detection and blocking.
- Automated removal of popup ads
- Advanced settings for blocking video ads.
- Easy to use UI.
- Keeps browsing private, making the system invisible to ads.
- SafeSearch feature for smoother, secure browsing.
- Anti-ad blocking filters can easily detect it.
- Limited compatibility with modern browsers, e.g., Microsoft Edge.
Privacy Badger is one of the notable Best Ad Blocker options available with multiple-platform compatibility. You can download the extension for Firefox, Opera, or Chrome browsers when using Windows devices. However, the browser extension is not specifically an ad blocker and focuses on privacy protection instead.
For this, the extension helps block third-party ad tracking for users when the surf through the websites. If the software detects any advertiser specifically targeting and tracking your browsing experience, it will automatically ban all ads from that advertiser.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Opera, Firefox/Firebox (Android), Chrome
- Third-party fingerprinting is available for usage checking.
- Do Not Track signal available for customized ad-blocking functions.
- Keeps out tracking-based ads.
- GPC or Global Privacy Control-compliant.
- The software tracks ads and their origin point with the enabled learning feature.
- It analyses all browser cookies before discarding any from sites.
- Privacy protection is the first priority.
- Does not operate on Edge Legacy (Microsoft).
- This is not primarily an ad blocker; it is a privacy tool.
10. Ublock Origin
Ublock Origin is a type of wide-spectrum content blocking extension, so calling is an ad blocker is not entirely accurate. However, it is one of the best options available as it provides similar functions in high quality and as any of the Best free Ad Blocker.
This tool is very lightweight and guarantees a faster browsing experience for the users. It does not exert a lot of stress on the RAM or CPU of the device. This software has strong filters for the functions it handles, like the EasyList feature for ad removal and EasyPrivacy for tracking protection.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Opera, Firefox, Edge, Chrome
- Advanced filtering for clearing out unnecessary ads.
- Protection against harmful malware.
- Stop the loading of pre-fetched links in the absence of a VPN.
- Free to use for all types of users.
- Block specific website parts and ads.
- Lightweight and smooth usability.
- Not the easier option for complete beginners.
- Shows issues while blocking some types of ads.
For the best browsing experience, use the ad blocker software to get rid of excess ads. While all of the options listed above are top-notch in their specific function, we recommend Avira Browser Safety and AdBlocker Ultimate as the Best Ad Blocker for Windows you can try out.
Before choosing any, check for their compatibility with different browsers to know which offers suitable benefits. Go through other such posts we have for other software-related concerns you might have.
Introduction For professionals and regular users alike, email is one of the most common modes of communication available. In the work context, officials use email to compose and send important messages and notifications to other workers, superiors, or customers. For example, many use emails as a medium of promotion and broadcast specific alerts for clients, […]
Are you looking for a screen recording tool with screen capture, auto stop, auto split recording, and other extraordinary features? EaseUS RecExperts is the answer to your quest. With features like 4k resolution, recording up to 60 fps, and audio capture, it is the ultimate screen recording tool for both Windows and Mac users. To […]
Introduction Video streaming is one of the most common activities that content creators and regular users currently partake in. There are platforms available for streaming different types of content online, like gaming, entertainment, etc., like Twitch or YouTube. For this, you can use regular recorders or instead try out the specialized best streaming video recorders […]
Introduction Currently, most people have their virtual identity, accessing various online services with their digital ID. However, while preparing personal accounts on different sites is simple, most people use the same password for multiple channels/services. You can use antivirus and security software like Norton 360 for strong firewall protection and password management support during online […]
Even though people are using checks less often, that doesn’t mean check fraud is any less common. In 2018, $15.1 billion was lost on check fraud. In this article, we discuss all of the various forms of check fraud that exist so you can avoid the obvious signs and make sure you are prepared against […]
Introduction Listening to music, whether for personal fun or in videos, is a favorite activity for many. However, very high or low volume can affect the overall user experience for most people. For this, you can use a high-quality MP3 volume changer to adjust the sound levels of audio files for better balance and sound […]
Introduction With the increased focus on development and technology, most people use various digital devices for their daily tasks. Elements like IoT, wearables, and smartphones are common accompaniments for most people today for personal and professional use. However, such software always collects customer data, like browsing history, health data, GPS location tracking, etc. Many companies […]
Introduction Always looking one’s best version is essential for most people, especially in pictures. However, changing your lifestyle and body is a long-term process, which is not useful for ones who want an instant svelte look to their body. In this case, you can use a skinny photo editor. There are a variety of photo […]
Introduction At this time, there is a high boost in the online streaming community. One of the best communities for that is available on Twitch. The users use the platform to stream their videos live for different types of content like interviews, gaming, entertainment, etc. For data/server protection during global streaming, you should download third-party […]
Introduction The process of music production does not only revolve around recording instruments and vocals before releasing them. It is important to mix and master them carefully, adjusting the range and pitch of each clip and combining multiple instrumental tracks. Furthermore, one should rectify flaws, stabilize shaky sections, and remove unnecessary audio in the background. […]