How to Trim Videos in Windows 10?
Timing is everything while editing a video clip or movie. Once you trim unwanted parts from the video and put them in the right sequence, you can easily gag out the desired emotions from your viewers.
Adjusting timing in a video is referred to as trimming. Now, if you are wondering that video trimming is a difficult job, you are wrong. There’s nothing easier than trimming a video in Windows 10.
On Windows 10, you can use the default Photos app along with various other third-party video editing tools to get perfectly edited videos. Today, we will talk all about how to trim videos in Windows 10 in a breeze. Brace up, and let’s trim videos in Windows 10.
How to Trim a Video in Window 10 Using Photos App
Whether you wish to crop off unwanted footage or adjust the timing of your video, Windows 10 Photos app is the best solution for you. It is the default Windows 10 video editor with powerful features to trim videos. You can seamlessly trim a video in Windows 10 using the Photos app as:
- Launch the video clip that you want to trim.
- By default, the video will play in Windows 10 Photos app if you haven’t changed default settings.
- On the Photos window, click on the Edit & Create button located in the top-right corner and click on the Trim option.
- Now, you have to use white pins — start and end pins to trim the video on Windows 10. When you drag the Start pin to the right, you are trimming away parts to its left. Similarly, you can drag the End pin to cut out undesirable parts toward the video’s end.
- You can use the Blue pin to scrub the footage to trim the right parts.
- Once you are satisfied with your trimming, click on the Save a copy button, and the Photos app will save your trimmed video in a new file. Good thing, editing won’t delete the original video from your computer, so you can anytime re-edit it.
How to Trim Multiple Parts of a Video in Windows 10 Using Photos
If you want to trim multiple parts of a video in Windows 10, the Photos app will also allow it. To trim multiple parts of a video clip, you have to follow these steps:
- Launch the Photos app.
- From the top-right corner, click the Select button.
- Check the video that you want to trim and click on the New Video button.
- Select the New Video Project option and give your project a name.
- Click on the OK button.
- Select the video clip from the Storyboard and click on the Split button from the toolbar.
- Choose the section that includes the first part of the video that you want to trim.
- Click on the Done option.
- Next, select the remaining part of the video and again click on the Split button.
- Now, you have to select the second part of the video that you want to trim and click on the Done button.
- Keep on repeating the steps until you trim all the unwanted parts from the video.
- Once you are done trimming, select the first split clip from the Storyboard.
- Click on the Trim button from the toolbar.
- Using the Blue pin, scrub the section of the video to trim. Only move the pins inwards as outwards movement can modify the previous split settings of the video.
- Repeat the steps to trim all the remaining clips.
- You can use the Play button to preview your trimming work.
- Once you are satisfied with the video, click on the Finish video button from the top-right corner.
- To check video quality, use the Video quality option from the drop-down menu and fix it to High 1080p (recommended).
- Check the Use hardware-accelerated encoding option under the Move Options section.
- Finally, click on the Export button and select the destination folder and export your trimmed video clip there. And, you can anytime access the video from the Photos app by your given project name.
How to Trim a Video in Windows 10 Using Third-party Tools
If you don’t want to trim a video in Windows 10 using the Photos app, you can download any third-party video editor. Go to Microsoft App Store, and there you will find a plethora of amazing video trimming tools. You can download any tool as per your requirements and start trimming your masterpiece.
Every tool has different steps and features to trim videos in Windows 10. So, you have to explore that out before trimming your videos. Since Adobe has a large legacy of photo and video editing tools, we will give a small demo on how to trim a video in Windows 10 using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Launch the Premiere Pro on your computer.
- Click on the New Project in the Start screen. You can also select File > New > Project from the main menu.
- Give a name to your project, click Browse to select the save destination, and click on the OK.
- Now, add your video clip to the project. To do so, go to Select File > Import from Media Browser or drag and drop files from the Media Browser to the Project panel.
- You have two options to trim a video clip — Ripple edit and Rolling edit. Ripple edit lets you shorten the whole video. When you want to shorten a clip while extending the next one, you should use the Rolling edit option.
- Interestingly, Premiere Pro allows you to lock tracks you don’t want to change, so you won’t cut the best part of your video.
If Adobe Premiere Pro isn’t something you want, you can also get other editing tools for Windows 10 like VSDC, Avidemux, Bandicut, and more.
After reading different ways to trim videos in Windows 10, you must have gotten a fair idea about how to trim videos in Windows 10. Also, you have realized how easy and simple it is to trim videos without any technical jargon.
Whether you want to edit your homemade videos or professional clips for your clients, you can easily do it in Windows 10. So, pick your preferred way to trim videos in Windows 10 and get started.
And, don’t forget to follow the TC for more interesting guides and hacks.
How to Protect Your Electronics From Power Outages
Introduction: Our heavy reliance on electronics has become increasingly profound. From smartphones and laptops to home entertainment systems and valuable appliances, these devices play an indispensable role in our daily lives. However, the vulnerability of these electronics to unexpected power outages can lead to costly damages and data loss. Whether you live in an area […]
10 Best Screen Sharing Apps for iOS and Android
Introduction: Screen sharing has become crucial for seamless interaction in today’s interconnected world. With remote work, project collaborations, and staying connected being our everyday essentials, screen-sharing apps have evolved to meet our on-the-go needs, aligning perfectly with our constant companions. Well, you guessed it right, our smartphones and tablets. In this blog post, we have […]
How to Format an External Storage Device in macOS
Introduction: Are you ready to supercharge your Mac’s capabilities by connecting an external hard drive? Well, before you can embark on this storage adventure, there’s an important task at hand: formatting your external hard drive to work seamlessly with your Mac. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this comprehensive blog post, we’ll walk you […]
How to Install and Use PuTTY for Mac
Introduction: In the realm of remote server management and secure network communication, PuTTY has earned a reputation as a reliable and versatile tool. Originally designed for Windows, PuTTY has expanded its reach to include other operating systems, including macOS, to cater to the needs of a wider user base. Hence, if you’re a Mac user […]
How to Fix Black Screen at Boot on Windows 11/10
Introduction: Whether as an individual or a professional, we are all strictly reliant on technology in some or the other way. And amidst this, encountering frustrating issues like a black screen at boot hits us like a roadblock. The black screen boot issue can affect both laptops and desktop computers running various versions of Windows. […]
How to Fix the “Network Discovery is Turned Off” Error on Windows 11/10
Introduction: Among many common Windows errors, the “network discovery is turned off” error is an annoying obstacle that disrupts your workflow. Whether you’re trying to share files, stream media, or access shared printers, encountering this error can be perplexing and disruptive. The good news is that understanding the causes and solutions for this error can […]
How to Use the New Bing With ChatGPT
Introduction: Gone are the days of sifting through endless search results. With Bing, powered with ChatGPT, you can now ask questions in plain language and receive instant, personalized answers tailored to your needs. It’s like having a conversation with a knowledgeable search assistant right at your fingertips. So, agree or not, you are definitely in […]
How to Use Split Screen on a Mac
Introduction: In today’s fast-paced digital world, maximizing productivity is the key. Period. And being able to juggle multiple tasks seamlessly is a skill worth mastering. If you’re a Mac user looking to boost your multitasking abilities, you’re in luck. Apple’s macOS offers a powerful feature known as Split Screen, which allows you to effortlessly divide […]
How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11
Introduction: In the world of productivity, every single second counts. The last thing anyone wants is to be hindered by unnecessary obstacles while using their computer. One such obstacle is the lock screen that appears every time you wake up your Windows device. Though it may appear as a minor inconvenience, those valuable seconds spent […]
How to Find Your iPhone From an Android Device?
Introduction Mobile phones are the necessary daily gadget that functions the maximum amount of work for the user and help to communicate with people. It will be a disaster if you lose your iPhone anywhere on the street or office and have no idea how to recover it. Mostly you will panic and return to […]