How to Trim Videos in Windows 10?
Timing is everything while editing a video clip or movie. Once you trim unwanted parts from the video and put them in the right sequence, you can easily gag out the desired emotions from your viewers.
Adjusting timing in a video is referred to as trimming. Now, if you are wondering that video trimming is a difficult job, you are wrong. There’s nothing easier than trimming a video in Windows 10.
On Windows 10, you can use the default Photos app along with various other third-party video editing tools to get perfectly edited videos. Today, we will talk all about how to trim videos in Windows 10 in a breeze. Brace up, and let’s trim videos in Windows 10.
How to Trim a Video in Window 10 Using Photos App
Whether you wish to crop off unwanted footage or adjust the timing of your video, Windows 10 Photos app is the best solution for you. It is the default Windows 10 video editor with powerful features to trim videos. You can seamlessly trim a video in Windows 10 using the Photos app as:
- Launch the video clip that you want to trim.
- By default, the video will play in Windows 10 Photos app if you haven’t changed default settings.
- On the Photos window, click on the Edit & Create button located in the top-right corner and click on the Trim option.
- Now, you have to use white pins — start and end pins to trim the video on Windows 10. When you drag the Start pin to the right, you are trimming away parts to its left. Similarly, you can drag the End pin to cut out undesirable parts toward the video’s end.
- You can use the Blue pin to scrub the footage to trim the right parts.
- Once you are satisfied with your trimming, click on the Save a copy button, and the Photos app will save your trimmed video in a new file. Good thing, editing won’t delete the original video from your computer, so you can anytime re-edit it.
How to Trim Multiple Parts of a Video in Windows 10 Using Photos
If you want to trim multiple parts of a video in Windows 10, the Photos app will also allow it. To trim multiple parts of a video clip, you have to follow these steps:
- Launch the Photos app.
- From the top-right corner, click the Select button.
- Check the video that you want to trim and click on the New Video button.
- Select the New Video Project option and give your project a name.
- Click on the OK button.
- Select the video clip from the Storyboard and click on the Split button from the toolbar.
- Choose the section that includes the first part of the video that you want to trim.
- Click on the Done option.
- Next, select the remaining part of the video and again click on the Split button.
- Now, you have to select the second part of the video that you want to trim and click on the Done button.
- Keep on repeating the steps until you trim all the unwanted parts from the video.
- Once you are done trimming, select the first split clip from the Storyboard.
- Click on the Trim button from the toolbar.
- Using the Blue pin, scrub the section of the video to trim. Only move the pins inwards as outwards movement can modify the previous split settings of the video.
- Repeat the steps to trim all the remaining clips.
- You can use the Play button to preview your trimming work.
- Once you are satisfied with the video, click on the Finish video button from the top-right corner.
- To check video quality, use the Video quality option from the drop-down menu and fix it to High 1080p (recommended).
- Check the Use hardware-accelerated encoding option under the Move Options section.
- Finally, click on the Export button and select the destination folder and export your trimmed video clip there. And, you can anytime access the video from the Photos app by your given project name.
How to Trim a Video in Windows 10 Using Third-party Tools
If you don’t want to trim a video in Windows 10 using the Photos app, you can download any third-party video editor. Go to Microsoft App Store, and there you will find a plethora of amazing video trimming tools. You can download any tool as per your requirements and start trimming your masterpiece.
Every tool has different steps and features to trim videos in Windows 10. So, you have to explore that out before trimming your videos. Since Adobe has a large legacy of photo and video editing tools, we will give a small demo on how to trim a video in Windows 10 using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Launch the Premiere Pro on your computer.
- Click on the New Project in the Start screen. You can also select File > New > Project from the main menu.
- Give a name to your project, click Browse to select the save destination, and click on the OK.
- Now, add your video clip to the project. To do so, go to Select File > Import from Media Browser or drag and drop files from the Media Browser to the Project panel.
- You have two options to trim a video clip — Ripple edit and Rolling edit. Ripple edit lets you shorten the whole video. When you want to shorten a clip while extending the next one, you should use the Rolling edit option.
- Interestingly, Premiere Pro allows you to lock tracks you don’t want to change, so you won’t cut the best part of your video.
If Adobe Premiere Pro isn’t something you want, you can also get other editing tools for Windows 10 like VSDC, Avidemux, Bandicut, and more.
After reading different ways to trim videos in Windows 10, you must have gotten a fair idea about how to trim videos in Windows 10. Also, you have realized how easy and simple it is to trim videos without any technical jargon.
Whether you want to edit your homemade videos or professional clips for your clients, you can easily do it in Windows 10. So, pick your preferred way to trim videos in Windows 10 and get started.
And, don’t forget to follow the TC for more interesting guides and hacks.
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]
Correctly, get back deleted or lost pictures from the hard drive or SD card. To relive happy moments spent with family and friends we capture them, and nobody wants to lose these digital memories, right? Yet due to unforeseen situations like accidentally deleting pictures, hard drive failure, natural disaster, corrupt hard disk, and formatting the […]
Since the Internet has grown to be the main source for entertainment, socializing, news, information, and more, we hardly ever think about how it works. It is informative and helpful, however just like a physical playground, there’s scope for harm within the online world, particularly for children who may not be absolutely aware of the […]
Whether you wish to share your Macintosh with your kids, friends, or colleagues, it’s better to create a new user account to maintain your privacy. With separate Mac accounts, every person can have their own settings like application preferences, iCloud account details, and password-protect their personal data. Most importantly, the process of adding users to […]
The PDF formats have extremely important uses nowadays. One of the main reasons that pdf format is used is because it cannot be modified by others. They are easy to transfer and are commonly used in business, education, and health. We can convert a whole book and lengthy reports into pdfs. Sometimes the size of […]
Are you preparing for an IT certification course? If yes, you need to install Visual Certification Exam software in your system right away. Why? That’s because online IT course materials and certifications are available in VCE file format. So, if you have an exam coming up soon, you need a VCE suit to open the […]
Restore lost or deleted files from any storage media using Tenorshare 4DDiG. Losing important files, images, videos, or for that matter any data is no fun. It leaves us all anxious, frustrated, and stressed. What’s worse, when we don’t have a backup and the same file is urgently required. This creates panic and makes you […]