How to Trim Videos in Windows 10?
Timing is everything while editing a video clip or movie. Once you trim unwanted parts from the video and put them in the right sequence, you can easily gag out the desired emotions from your viewers.
Adjusting timing in a video is referred to as trimming. Now, if you are wondering that video trimming is a difficult job, you are wrong. There’s nothing easier than trimming a video in Windows 10.
On Windows 10, you can use the default Photos app along with various other third-party video editing tools to get perfectly edited videos. Today, we will talk all about how to trim videos in Windows 10 in a breeze. Brace up, and let’s trim videos in Windows 10.
How to Trim a Video in Window 10 Using Photos App
Whether you wish to crop off unwanted footage or adjust the timing of your video, Windows 10 Photos app is the best solution for you. It is the default Windows 10 video editor with powerful features to trim videos. You can seamlessly trim a video in Windows 10 using the Photos app as:
- Launch the video clip that you want to trim.
- By default, the video will play in Windows 10 Photos app if you haven’t changed default settings.
- On the Photos window, click on the Edit & Create button located in the top-right corner and click on the Trim option.
- Now, you have to use white pins — start and end pins to trim the video on Windows 10. When you drag the Start pin to the right, you are trimming away parts to its left. Similarly, you can drag the End pin to cut out undesirable parts toward the video’s end.
- You can use the Blue pin to scrub the footage to trim the right parts.
- Once you are satisfied with your trimming, click on the Save a copy button, and the Photos app will save your trimmed video in a new file. Good thing, editing won’t delete the original video from your computer, so you can anytime re-edit it.
How to Trim Multiple Parts of a Video in Windows 10 Using Photos
If you want to trim multiple parts of a video in Windows 10, the Photos app will also allow it. To trim multiple parts of a video clip, you have to follow these steps:
- Launch the Photos app.
- From the top-right corner, click the Select button.
- Check the video that you want to trim and click on the New Video button.
- Select the New Video Project option and give your project a name.
- Click on the OK button.
- Select the video clip from the Storyboard and click on the Split button from the toolbar.
- Choose the section that includes the first part of the video that you want to trim.
- Click on the Done option.
- Next, select the remaining part of the video and again click on the Split button.
- Now, you have to select the second part of the video that you want to trim and click on the Done button.
- Keep on repeating the steps until you trim all the unwanted parts from the video.
- Once you are done trimming, select the first split clip from the Storyboard.
- Click on the Trim button from the toolbar.
- Using the Blue pin, scrub the section of the video to trim. Only move the pins inwards as outwards movement can modify the previous split settings of the video.
- Repeat the steps to trim all the remaining clips.
- You can use the Play button to preview your trimming work.
- Once you are satisfied with the video, click on the Finish video button from the top-right corner.
- To check video quality, use the Video quality option from the drop-down menu and fix it to High 1080p (recommended).
- Check the Use hardware-accelerated encoding option under the Move Options section.
- Finally, click on the Export button and select the destination folder and export your trimmed video clip there. And, you can anytime access the video from the Photos app by your given project name.
How to Trim a Video in Windows 10 Using Third-party Tools
If you don’t want to trim a video in Windows 10 using the Photos app, you can download any third-party video editor. Go to Microsoft App Store, and there you will find a plethora of amazing video trimming tools. You can download any tool as per your requirements and start trimming your masterpiece.
Every tool has different steps and features to trim videos in Windows 10. So, you have to explore that out before trimming your videos. Since Adobe has a large legacy of photo and video editing tools, we will give a small demo on how to trim a video in Windows 10 using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Launch the Premiere Pro on your computer.
- Click on the New Project in the Start screen. You can also select File > New > Project from the main menu.
- Give a name to your project, click Browse to select the save destination, and click on the OK.
- Now, add your video clip to the project. To do so, go to Select File > Import from Media Browser or drag and drop files from the Media Browser to the Project panel.
- You have two options to trim a video clip — Ripple edit and Rolling edit. Ripple edit lets you shorten the whole video. When you want to shorten a clip while extending the next one, you should use the Rolling edit option.
- Interestingly, Premiere Pro allows you to lock tracks you don’t want to change, so you won’t cut the best part of your video.
If Adobe Premiere Pro isn’t something you want, you can also get other editing tools for Windows 10 like VSDC, Avidemux, Bandicut, and more.
After reading different ways to trim videos in Windows 10, you must have gotten a fair idea about how to trim videos in Windows 10. Also, you have realized how easy and simple it is to trim videos without any technical jargon.
Whether you want to edit your homemade videos or professional clips for your clients, you can easily do it in Windows 10. So, pick your preferred way to trim videos in Windows 10 and get started.
And, don’t forget to follow the TC for more interesting guides and hacks.
Explore a comprehensive comparison between CCleaner VS Advanced SystemCare, two leading system optimization tools. Discover their features, functionalities, and performance to make an informed choice.
Discover the top 10 CCleaner alternatives for Mac in 2023. Explore a range of efficient, user-friendly programs like CCleaner for Mac tailored for a seamless macOS experience.
Discover the top 15 free live wallpaper apps for Windows 10 & 11 PC! Elevate your desktop experience with these dynamic and stunning wallpapers. Find the perfect app to personalize your desktop.
How to fix Unknown USB Device error which is also famous as Device Descriptor Request Failed error on Windows 11 and Windows 10 PC.
When you secure college admission to pursue a degree or diploma of your choice, what often comes to your mind? Except for those who got a chance to study in a specific university due to talent, especially sports, a significant proportion of students will want to land a well-paying job, whereas a few might opt […]
Fix the error “Windows Has Stopped this Device because it has Reported Problems” or Code 43 error on Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Here are the best script writing software which can help you write amazing stuff. These software to write scripts can make the process convenient for you.
n: CleanMyMac X is offering an exclusive 30% discount for Black Friday only. Get the top Mac optimization software at an unbeatable price. Learn about the powerful features of CleanMyMac X and why you should grab this 1-day deal.
Unsure when it’s time to seek professional help for resolving the application error (0xc0000005)? This blog post has got you covered with clear guidance and solutions.