How to Trim Videos in Windows 10?
Timing is everything while editing a video clip or movie. Once you trim unwanted parts from the video and put them in the right sequence, you can easily gag out the desired emotions from your viewers.
Adjusting timing in a video is referred to as trimming. Now, if you are wondering that video trimming is a difficult job, you are wrong. There’s nothing easier than trimming a video in Windows 10.
On Windows 10, you can use the default Photos app along with various other third-party video editing tools to get perfectly edited videos. Today, we will talk all about how to trim videos in Windows 10 in a breeze. Brace up, and let’s trim videos in Windows 10.
How to Trim a Video in Window 10 Using Photos App
Whether you wish to crop off unwanted footage or adjust the timing of your video, Windows 10 Photos app is the best solution for you. It is the default Windows 10 video editor with powerful features to trim videos. You can seamlessly trim a video in Windows 10 using the Photos app as:
- Launch the video clip that you want to trim.
- By default, the video will play in Windows 10 Photos app if you haven’t changed default settings.
- On the Photos window, click on the Edit & Create button located in the top-right corner and click on the Trim option.
- Now, you have to use white pins — start and end pins to trim the video on Windows 10. When you drag the Start pin to the right, you are trimming away parts to its left. Similarly, you can drag the End pin to cut out undesirable parts toward the video’s end.
- You can use the Blue pin to scrub the footage to trim the right parts.
- Once you are satisfied with your trimming, click on the Save a copy button, and the Photos app will save your trimmed video in a new file. Good thing, editing won’t delete the original video from your computer, so you can anytime re-edit it.
How to Trim Multiple Parts of a Video in Windows 10 Using Photos
If you want to trim multiple parts of a video in Windows 10, the Photos app will also allow it. To trim multiple parts of a video clip, you have to follow these steps:
- Launch the Photos app.
- From the top-right corner, click the Select button.
- Check the video that you want to trim and click on the New Video button.
- Select the New Video Project option and give your project a name.
- Click on the OK button.
- Select the video clip from the Storyboard and click on the Split button from the toolbar.
- Choose the section that includes the first part of the video that you want to trim.
- Click on the Done option.
- Next, select the remaining part of the video and again click on the Split button.
- Now, you have to select the second part of the video that you want to trim and click on the Done button.
- Keep on repeating the steps until you trim all the unwanted parts from the video.
- Once you are done trimming, select the first split clip from the Storyboard.
- Click on the Trim button from the toolbar.
- Using the Blue pin, scrub the section of the video to trim. Only move the pins inwards as outwards movement can modify the previous split settings of the video.
- Repeat the steps to trim all the remaining clips.
- You can use the Play button to preview your trimming work.
- Once you are satisfied with the video, click on the Finish video button from the top-right corner.
- To check video quality, use the Video quality option from the drop-down menu and fix it to High 1080p (recommended).
- Check the Use hardware-accelerated encoding option under the Move Options section.
- Finally, click on the Export button and select the destination folder and export your trimmed video clip there. And, you can anytime access the video from the Photos app by your given project name.
How to Trim a Video in Windows 10 Using Third-party Tools
If you don’t want to trim a video in Windows 10 using the Photos app, you can download any third-party video editor. Go to Microsoft App Store, and there you will find a plethora of amazing video trimming tools. You can download any tool as per your requirements and start trimming your masterpiece.
Every tool has different steps and features to trim videos in Windows 10. So, you have to explore that out before trimming your videos. Since Adobe has a large legacy of photo and video editing tools, we will give a small demo on how to trim a video in Windows 10 using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Launch the Premiere Pro on your computer.
- Click on the New Project in the Start screen. You can also select File > New > Project from the main menu.
- Give a name to your project, click Browse to select the save destination, and click on the OK.
- Now, add your video clip to the project. To do so, go to Select File > Import from Media Browser or drag and drop files from the Media Browser to the Project panel.
- You have two options to trim a video clip — Ripple edit and Rolling edit. Ripple edit lets you shorten the whole video. When you want to shorten a clip while extending the next one, you should use the Rolling edit option.
- Interestingly, Premiere Pro allows you to lock tracks you don’t want to change, so you won’t cut the best part of your video.
If Adobe Premiere Pro isn’t something you want, you can also get other editing tools for Windows 10 like VSDC, Avidemux, Bandicut, and more.
After reading different ways to trim videos in Windows 10, you must have gotten a fair idea about how to trim videos in Windows 10. Also, you have realized how easy and simple it is to trim videos without any technical jargon.
Whether you want to edit your homemade videos or professional clips for your clients, you can easily do it in Windows 10. So, pick your preferred way to trim videos in Windows 10 and get started.
And, don’t forget to follow the TC for more interesting guides and hacks.
While scrolling through Netflix, do you feel you’ve seen it all? Well, if that’s the case let us add some spice to it and shed new light on streaming services, gaming, Blu-rays, etc. Wondering how that would be possible? Well, using Light Mi Neo the best and pocket-friendly alternative to Philips’s sync box you can […]
We are living in an era where many platforms give you a space to create different kinds of content and there are different ways through which you can showcase your skills and talent and can earn a pretty good amount of money. You won’t be just earning money but you will also learn a lot […]
Due to recent events, the way people meet and greet has totally changed. Now, you no longer find dates or make friends in social gatherings or via mutual friends. Today, everything is virtual — from work to making new friends. Therefore, virtual dating and chat apps are getting highly popular these days. Among all the […]
Do you have a genuine reason to hack someone’s Instagram password? For instance, you want to keep an eye on your teen’s Instagram activities; your friend has forgotten his or her IG password or something else. Here if you have a legitimate reason to hack Instagram password, there are numerous legal Instagram password cracker tools […]
If you are wondering that augmented reality-based applications are still very far in the future, you are wrong. Today, AR-oriented websites and mobile applications are being developed rapidly; just look at the Apple 12 or EaseUS MobiMover websites to check mind-blowing AR effects. Additionally, users are nowadays looking for more realistic and personalized experiences from […]
Whether you want to follow the latest trends or wish to engage with your Instagram followers, IG Reels can help you with everything. But what if Instagram Reels are not working for you? Sounds scary! But it is possible. Despite Instagram being one of the most popular photos sharing platforms, it still faces numerous technical […]
Wireless earbuds are hot items these days, especially after Apple’s AirPods popularity. Now, to stimulate the wireless connectivity industry, xFyro has also introduced new ANC earbuds. The company claims to develop fully waterproof, 8-hour long battery life and superior HD sound quality powered with AI-technology earbuds. The product seems amazing from the company’s briefing, but […]
We’d like to welcome you to The Elder Scrolls Online’s Nightblade leveling guide! The build is intended to assist anyone who is upgrading a Nightblade in order to become a Magicka damage dealer. This isn’t a typical “leveling procedure,” but rather a structure that shows some of the most common constructions for this role. This […]
Apple TV is one of the finest streaming devices available, supporting SD, HD, and 4K resolutions. But why should you get it? Let’s find out! Apple just upgraded the Apple TV 4K, which means you can now view models from 2017 and 2021. But what is the difference and is it worthwhile to upgrade from […]
If one thing associated with Covid-19 outbreak that made life easier for people is evolution in video & digital platforms. Working and studying from home has seen a surge in demand for more quality videos. Recorded lectures, presentations, and other forms of video content are easily available now in HD quality, thanks to video editing […]
Subtitles have established a track record as significant parts of videos. In addition to several benefits, they keep viewers comprehensively immersed in videos. While subtitles pilot viewers who can grasp the audio of a video, captions are regrettably different. Regardless, subtitles dictate an all-around video experience for all audio-visual audiences. But how can you perform […]
Are you bad at managing finances? Do you often overspend your monthly budget? Then, no need to worry! As you can appoint a personal financial advisor to help you out. No, you don’t need to spend thousands on hiring a financial advisor. Simply open your smartphone and download the best personal finance apps on it. […]
Many Mac users encounter the problem of disk space shortage sooner or later. But, how exactly does space run low on Mac devices? Take a look at the visual representation of disk storage space on your Mac. You’ll see a bar with several differently colored sections notifying you what portion of memory is occupied by […]
Do you want to get more likes, comments, and reshares on your social media posts? Then, simply create memes! That’s because everyone loves to laugh and have a bit of fun on social media. Plus, people remember sarcastic and realistic posts better than promotional or serious posts. Additionally, you don’t need to hire a professional […]
Digital marketing, or the modern version of marketing, is much different from the traditional methods. Unlike the latter, the former saves both time and money. And in conjunction with modern tools such as VPNs, it transcends geographical boundaries and expectations to deliver the best results. For instance, you can reach out to your audience in […]