Sound equalizers are used by professionals to adjust the amplitude or energy of the frequencies that make up an audio signal. It is important to understand that every song, podcast, and audio book has different sound settings. At the same time, sound settings for headphones and 3D surround sound could be different. The best part is you can make your audio stunning by making small adjustments of one or two decibels. Now you can do all this using best equalizers for Windows 10/8/7.
Best PC Equalizers for Windows 10/8/7 in 2020
While there are number of these software available online, here we have tested and reviewed best paid & free equalizers for Windows 10/8/7. Good news is these tools also work as a bass booster for your Windows PC.
Compatible OS: Windows 10/8/7
Adobe Audition offers graphic and parametric audio equalizers to help you balance your audio tracks. You can use this best digital audio editing software to create, mix, and design sound effects effortlessly. The graphic and parametric equalizers offers two different user interfaces and comes with an ability to change your sound settings precisely. You can use graphic equalizers to make necessary adjustments across the frequency range. Parametric equalizers are useful to identify the audio frequencies you would like to boost or cut.
Features of Adobe Audition
- It offers two powerful equalizers including graphic and parametric equalizers to help you tweak sound settings.
- You can use it to boost or cut range of frequencies or perform other tasks.
- It works on simple & intuitive interface to deliver effective results.
- It allows you to use high-pass and low-pass filters.
- You can clean up audio with spectral frequency display.
2. Boom 3D
Compatible OS: Compatible only with Windows 10, Also supports macOS 10.10.3 or later
Boom 3D is one of the best PC equalizers that works well with Windows 10 and Mac devices. You can enjoy enhanced audio with all your streamed media with Boom 3D. It creates immersive 3D surround sound with music, movies, and games. This award-winning pro audio enhancement app is designed to deliver effective results. You can use Boom 3D to play any media file with amazing 3D effects on any headphones, streaming service, any media, or from any player. With this powerful bass booster and equalizer for Windows 10, you don’t need any expensive hardware or speaker boosters. It has ratings of over 4.5 on Windows Store and Mac Store.
Features of Boom 3D
- It helps you enjoy music, games, and movies with 3D surround sound.
- It offers advanced 31-band equalizer for precise audio experience.
- With built-in volume controllers, you can manage audio volume effortlessly.
- It offers state-of-the-art audio player to help you play locally stored songs.
- Join Boom to enjoy free access to over 20K radio stations.
Compatible OS: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista
Price: Starts from $29.99
WavePad Audio Editing Software works as an advanced equalizer for Windows 10 or other Windows versions. You can use this software to cut, copy, split, and trim your audio files. It supports all major file formats and give access to thousands of additional tools & effects. Working as an advanced PC equalizer, it helps you tweak sound settings using various built-in features. It supports sample rates from 6 to 192kHz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24, or 32 bits.
Features of WavePad Audio Editing Software
- It is complete audio editing software that comes loaded with tons of editing and equalization features.
- It offers various audio effects to amplify, normalize, envelop, echo, equalize, or reverse sound.
- It works on simple interface to deliver instant results.
- It allows you to create bookmarks and regions for quick search.
- It allows you to edit audio files within videos.
Compatible OS: Windows 10/8.1/7/Vista
Audacity is free, open source and cross-platform audio software that is designed to deliver seamless user experience. It is multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, macOS, Linux, and other operating systems. It is developed by a groupd of volunteers as an open source solution. Though equalization has been removed from Audacity, but that is superseded by the two new effects including Filter Curve EQ and Graphic EQ.
Features of Audacity
- Fiilter Curve EQ uses drawn curves for the equalization and helps you change the balance of high and low frequencies.
- Graphic EQ uses sliders for the equalization that is similar to hardware graphic equalizers.
- It allows you to increase the volume of some frequencies and reduce others.
- It is an advanced form of audio EQ and Tone controllers.
- It is free, open source, and cross-platform software.
Compatible OS: Windows 10/8/7
Price: Starts from $9.99/year
Being one of the best sound equalizers for Windows 10, FxSound boosts sound quality, clarity, and volume of audio on your PC. It also works as a best bass booster for Windows 10/8/7. It offers various functionalities & features to support sound on headphones and audio devices. You can use FxSound to enjoy perfect sound on any audio hardware.
Features of FxSound
- Its 20-band audio EQ balances your sound to your needs.
- With intuitive visualize, it lets you feel your music in a new way.
- It works as an effective bass-booster for Windows.
- It offers various presets to deliver instant results.
- It is an advanced music equalizer for power users.
So this was a detailed review of best PC equalizers for Windows 10/8/7 and other versions. Do try any of these equalizers for Windows and share your experience in the comments below.