How to Fix the “Network Path Was Not Found” Error on Windows
Having a reliable network connection is crucial for seamless communication and uninterrupted access to shared resources. However, encountering errors can disrupt our productivity and leave us scratching our heads for solutions. One such frustrating error is the “Network Path Was Not Found.” This error message typically pops up when attempting to access files or resources on a network, hindering collaboration and file sharing among connected devices.
In this blog, we have listed a step-by-step instruction guide to help you get your network connection back on track. So, go ahead and discover these solutions that will have you swiftly navigating your network without any hassle.
Before you move towards complex troubleshooting, make sure that you double-check the path names that you are entering. Even a minor error in the path name can obstruct the system’s ability to locate the desired network connection.
To ensure smooth communication and seamless sharing, it’s crucial to double-check if the intended device has the sharing feature enabled. If it’s currently disabled, enabling it will resolve the issue and allow you to proceed with the desired actions.
If you’re wondering how to make a targeted drive on a remote computer shareable, fret not! We’ve got you covered. Follow these simple steps to ensure your drive is ready for sharing:
- Navigate to the drive or folder you want to share. Right-click on it and select “Properties” from the context menu.
- In the Properties window, switch to the “Sharing” tab. Tap on the “Advanced Sharing” button.
- Check the box that says “Share this folder” to enable sharing for the selected drive or folder.
- Optionally, you can modify the Share name to give it a more descriptive or user-friendly name.
- Click on the “Permissions” button to manage the permissions for users accessing the shared drive or folder. You can add or remove users and set their level of access (read-only or read-write).
- Once you have set the desired permissions, click “OK” to save the changes.
- Hit on “Apply” and then “OK” to close the window.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Tap on the search icon placed on the Taskbar and type “Command Prompt”. Select the “Run as administrator” option to launch the app in admin mode.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter the following command:
- Scroll down and locate the IPv4 Address. Take note of this address.
- Open the Run dialog again by pressing the Windows key + R. Paste the previously noted IPv4 Address into the text field of the Run dialog.
- Press Enter and check if you can establish a successful connection to the remote computer.
By following these steps, you will be able to verify the IP address resolving any connectivity issues you may have encountered.
You can attempt restarting the TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service in order to resolve the “Network Path Was Not Found” error on Windows.
How to do it is as follows:
- Open the Run dialog by pressing the Windows key plus R. To open the Services window, enter “services.msc” and press Enter.
- TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper can be found by scrolling down in the Services window.
- Choose “Restart” from the context menu when you right-click on the service. Alternately, select “Start” if the service is not already running.
- Close the “Services” window.
By restarting the TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service, you can refresh the network configurations and potentially resolve any underlying issues that were causing the error.
Enabling SMB 1.0 can help resolve the “Network Path Was Not Found” error on Windows. Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog. Type “appwiz.cpl” in the text field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features window.
- In the Programs and Features window, click on “Turn Windows features on or off” located in the left pane.
- The Windows Features window will open. Scroll down and locate “SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support” in the list.
- Expand the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support option by clicking on the “+” sign next to it.
- Check the box for “SMB 1.0/CIFS Client” and “SMB 1.0/CIFS Server” to enable them.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.
Enabling SMB 1.0 can help establish compatibility with older network devices and resolve any compatibility issues that might be causing the error.
Resetting the TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) stack can often resolve network-related errors, including the “Network Path Was Not Found” error. To reset TCP/IP on Windows, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + X and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” or “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” from the menu. This will open an elevated command prompt window.
- In the command prompt window, type the following command and press Enter
netsh int ip reset
- Wait for the command to execute and complete the TCP/IP reset process. You may see a message indicating that the reset was successful.
- Once the reset is complete, restart your computer to apply the changes.
After the restart, your TCP/IP settings will be reset to their default configurations, which can help resolve any underlying issues causing the error.
Sometimes, third-party antivirus software can interfere with network connections and lead to the “Network Path Was Not Found” error. To determine if the antivirus software is causing the issue, you can temporarily disable it.
Once the antivirus software is disabled, attempt to perform the action that was previously resulting in the error. If the error no longer occurs while the antivirus software is disabled, it indicates that the software is indeed causing the issue.
The “Network Path Was Not Found” error on Windows can be a frustrating obstacle to seamless network connectivity and file sharing. However, armed with the right knowledge and troubleshooting methods, you can overcome this error and regain control over your network.
Additionally, always exercise caution when making changes to your system and ensure the security of your network and files.
Learn how technology can help you manage liquidity in the modern era. Here you will find strategies for effective liquidity management and banking challenges.
Searching for ways to create beautiful diagrams in a hassle-free way? You will get the best guidelines here. We will provide you with a detailed guide to easily create beautiful diagrams.
Facing issues like your computer turns on but no display on monitor? Explore these nine ways to diagnose hardware or software problems in a functioning system.
Introduction: As technology continues to advance at an unprecedented pace, the importance of drivers on Windows operating systems cannot be overstated. Drivers are software components that allow your computer to communicate with hardware devices such as printers, graphics cards, and USB ports. Without proper drivers, your computer hardware would not function properly or at all, […]
Are you facing the frustrating issue of your PS4 controller charging but not connecting to your console? Explore these best seven fixes to resolve it.Introduction
In a world driven by technology, finding the perfect gift for the tech enthusiasts in your life has never been more exciting. Whether they’re gamers, gadget lovers, or tech-savvy professionals, there’s an array of innovative and cutting-edge options that will leave them thrilled. From sleek gadgets to immersive gaming experiences, the world of tech gifts […]