10 Best Xbox 360 Games To Try in 2023
The Xbox 360 has been dominating the gaming world since 2005. It has been one of the remarkable gaming inventions by far. Even after 15 years, Xbox 360 is the first preference of many gamers—simply because some of the ever best games are developed for Xbox 360 devices. Therefore, in this list, we are going to review the best paid and free Xbox 360 games.
10 Best Xbox 360 Games in 2023 — Just Groundbreaking Games
The gaming community has a special place on Techcommuters. We often run analytical reviews on the leading games and gaming gadgets to help our gamer friends. To write this post, we had played various Xbox 360 games and picked the best ten options for you:
1. Grand Theft Auto V
IGN Rating – 10/10
PC Gamer Rating – 92%
User’s Age – 18+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox Series X and Series S.
Number of Players – 106,130,000 (last 30 days at the time of writing article)
Price – $80
Grand Theft Auto 5, aka GTA 5, is the fifth part of the Grand Theft Auto series released in 2013. It is one of the full action-packed Xbox 360 games based in the fictional state of San Andreas, California. The single storyline revolves around three protagonists—Michael De Santa (retired bank robber), Franklin Clinton (gangster), and Trevor Philips (drug dealer and arms smuggler) who commits heist under corrupt government’s pressure.
- The real-life celebrity—Lazlow Jones appeared in one scene.
- Rockstar steals two songs featured in the game from a rapper.
- The fictional city San Andreas map is bigger than the entire island of Manhattan.
- Due to the Stereotyped Female Characters, one Target branch in Australia had to remove the game from the shelves.
- The stellar graphic elements with 60 frames per second and 1080p resolution support.
- The character models can be easily modified to look like other famous game characters.
- Besides the new graphic updates, the storyline is pretty much the same as previous GTA’s.
- It is a pricey game.
2. King’s Quest
Hardcore Gamer Rating – 4/5
Adventure Gamer Rating – 4.5/5
User’s Age -10+
Compatible Platforms – Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, DOS.
Number of Players – N/D
Price – Chapter one is free.
King’s Quest is an episode-based series game. The game’s first chapter is available for free. It is one of the rarest free Xbox 360 games with a full point and clicks interface. However, the new King’s Quest isn’t a point and click adventure—it is a complete adventure now. You have to control Graham (the main character) and become a knight after winning various adventures.
- Christopher Lloyd voices the main character King Graham.
- Across five chapters, different parts of Graham’s life are exploited. The first chapter disclosed the earlier beginning of adventures.
- You can’t skip through dialogues or fast travel.
- You have to solve multiple mini-puzzles during your entire King’s Quest journey.
- A good storyline.
- Intuitive screenplay.
- Free first chapter.
- The action sequence is annoying.
- Dialogues can’t be skipped.
3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
IGN Rating – 9/10
Digital Trends Rating – 9.5/10
User’s Age – 18+
Compatible Platforms – Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – 10 million+
Price – $15.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is another amazing Xbox 360 game developed by Bethesda Game Studios. It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scroll series. The storyline moves around the character—Dragonborn, who is on the quest to defeat Alduin, the World Eater who is on a mission to destroy the world.
- Skyrim’s map shows the landscape in real-time, just like Google maps.
- The background settings of Skyrim are the same as Winnie the Pooh adventures.
- Skyrim has more than 60000 dialogues that are covered by 70+ voice actors.
- The dragon letters are handwritten to provide realistic touch.
- Dual-wielding and Shouts make it more fun.
- The main quest line has improved dramatically.
- The interface is poor.
- Single-player mode. No group fun.
4. Red Dead Redemption
IGN Rating – 9.7/10
PC Gamer Rating – 88%
User’s Age -18+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Number of Players -17,279 (last 30 days at the time of writing article)
Price – $59
Red Dead Redemption is an action loaded adventure game by Rockstar Games. It is a second game in the Red Dead series. The game’s timeline is set during the decline of the American frontier, where John Marston’s (main character) wife and son got kidnapped, so he brings three members of his former gang to find them.
- It took almost half a decade to complete Red Dead Redemption’s development process.
- The real movement of stunt horses is captured in the game.
- Rockstar sells almost 15 million copies of the game.
- It is a stand-alone game, which has nothing to do with its predecessors.
- Amazing voiceover.
- Exciting quests.
- Cool interface.
- The ending isn’t epic.
- Animations can be improved.
IGN Rating – 9/10
PC Gamer Rating – 4.5/5
User’s Age – 10+
Compatible Platforms – Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, Xbox 360, Raspberry Pi, PlayStation 3.
Number of Players – 126 million+
Price – Free to play solo. For multiplayer, it costs $26.95.
Minecraft is a partially free Xbox 360 game with various adventures and limitless possibilities to build, battle mobs, mine, and explore the ever-changing landscapes. The game can be downloaded on mobile devices. Plus, the developers add new tools, spaces, and locations frequently to keep players engaged. With Creative Mode, you have endless opportunities to build something unique using your imagination.
- Minecraft’s first version was developed within only six days.
- The first name of the game was ‘Cave Game.’
- Minecraft is inspired by many other games like Dungeon Keeper, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Dwarf Fortress, and Infiniminer.
- Enderman creatures’ words are nearly incomprehensible to human ears, but in fact, most of them are English words played backward.
- Minimal violence.
- Rich graphics.
- Encourage kids to use their imagination.
- Lacks parental control.
- It can encourage bullying.
IGN Rating – 9.5/10
Eurogamer Rating – 90%
User’s Age – PEGI 3+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Linux, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – N/D
Price – $9.99
It is an indie puzzle game based on Gomez’s character who receives a fez in his 2D world to be one of four sides of the 3D world. The players rotate in the four 2D views to align platforms by solving various puzzles. The main objective of the game is to collect cubes and restore the universe.
- Fez’s development phase was five years long, which is very long for indie games.
- In Indie Game: The Movie documentary, the final stages of Fez’s development are mentioned.
- Fez received critical acclaim for its release for Xbox Live Arcade.
- The game emphasizes freedom and discovery.
- 2D and 3D impacts are powerful.
- Detailed graphics.
- Wonderful soundtrack.
- Old storyline.
- The map isn’t good.
- Platforming is poor.
7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
IGN Rating – 9.4/10
Eurogamer Rating – 9/10
User’s Age – 13+
Compatibility Platforms – PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, Wii, Classic Mac OS, Nintendo DS
Number of Players – 323.6 (last 30 days at the time of writing article)
Price – $0.88 on Amazon.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a single person shooting game under the Call of Duty flagship. In this installment, makers have taken a break from the World War II background and moved to modern times. The storyline is based in 2011, where a radical leader has executed the president of an unnamed country of the Middle East and evoked civil war in Russia.
- “Mile High Club” hostage mission is one of the most popular COD4 levels. But, do you know the guy’s name who you rescued in it? His name was Kriegler!
- The Sword in the Stone, the novel, and a Disney movie inspired the COD4 team to add its hidden reference in the game.
- The “Mile High Club” level has inspired a whole new game mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- All the gun and explosion sounds in the game are recorded at an actual Marine Corps Combat Center.
- Fast multiplayer mode.
- Customized firearms.
- Ground war graphics are realistic.
- Some game variants are unintuitive.
- The background hasn’t changed much.
8. Raiders of The Broken Planet
IGN Rating – 7.2/10
GameSpot Rating – 9/10
User’s Age – 11+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – N/D
Price – $3.99
It is one of the first-person shooter Xbox 360 games with the twist of horror and adventure. It is a story of a young soldier named Artyom who is living in Moscow Metro after a devastating nuclear war. He is tasked to find the mysterious Dark Ones, but for that, he has to cross various metro systems filled with radiant gases and fight with different monsters.
- It was a sequel to Metro 2033–based on Russian author Dmitry Glukhovsky’s novel.
- An action trailer of the game received more than 3 million hits.
- It is one of the leading single-player shooting games, which is giving competition to the multiplayer games.
- The developers are planning to take the main characters out of Russia in the next series.
- Stealth elements are quite stunning.
- Exterior landscapes are very enticing.
- Too much gunplay.
- AI can be easily exploited.
9. Batman: Arkham City
IGN Rating – 9.5/10
GamesRadar Rating – 5/5
User’s Age – R Rated
Compatible Platforms – Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – 241K
Price – $60 with extra stuff cost $40.
If you are a Batman fan, you’ll definitely have fun playing Batman: Arkham City. It is a successor to Batman: Arkham Original, launched in 2013. The game’s storyline is set nine months after the events of 2011 where Batman confronts Scarecrow. With the help of Arkham Knight, Scarecrow combines all the Batman foes to finally take him down.
- Mark Hamill gives your favorite Joker’s voice.
- One Rocksteady studio’s member has worked for two years only to create Batman’s cape.
- In the game, Joker will die with the Titan formula—sorry for the spoiler alert.
- Rocksteady’s Arkham games featured some Easter eggs that premise future games in the series.
- Smart crime-solving sequence.
- Excellent gameplay.
- Lots of missions and side missions.
- Combat is complex.
- The tank is out of order.
10. NBA 2K14
IGN Rating – 9.3/10
Metacritic Rating – 87%
User’s Age – 8+
Compatibility Platforms – Android, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, iOS.
Number of Players – 6,900,000+ players
Price – $9.99
In the NBA 2K series, it is the fifteenth edition. It is a typical basketball game where you can play various tournaments and NBA games. LeBron James of the Miami Heat is the lead athlete and music creator of the game. If you have played other predecessors and successors of this game, you just can’t miss it.
- Crew mode was brought back in 2K14 on people’s demand despite some technical issues.
- Online multiplayer mode is addictive.
- Association mode is unbelievably realistic.
- Lots of time has been spent on creating the hairstyle and accessories of NBA players’ characters.
- The graphics are really good.
- The gameplay is very nice.
- No dialogues.
- Small gameplays are annoying.
The Xbox 360 games are a byproduct of—years-long hard work, witty storytelling tactics, and high tech tools. People are still playing ten years old Xbox 360 games because they are simply amazing. Therefore, if you liked our recommendations, don’t waste your 2023 without trying any of these games.
Explore a comprehensive guide comparing top bulk email software to streamline communication. Discover key features, pros, and cons to help choose the ideal solution for your business’s email marketing needs.
PC randomly turns off? Resolve random PC shutdowns sans overheating. Learn quick fixes—update drivers, check hardware, scan for malware, and more in this comprehensive troubleshooting guide.
Fix the frustrating Exit Code 1 crash when trying to open Minecraft. This article provides 8 step-by-step solutions to resolve the error. Learn exactly what causes the Exit Code 1 Minecraft crash and how to get Minecraft running smoothly again.
This in-depth review explores Xnxubd 2021 Frame Rate X 2 – the AI-powered video playback enhancement software that delivers 2X smoother streaming and gaming.
GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 is a common issue that prevents the Share overlay from working properly. This article provides 9 fixes to resolve error code 0x0003.
Explore a comprehensive comparison between CCleaner VS Advanced SystemCare, two leading system optimization tools. Discover their features, functionalities, and performance to make an informed choice.
Discover the top 10 CCleaner alternatives for Mac in 2023. Explore a range of efficient, user-friendly programs like CCleaner for Mac tailored for a seamless macOS experience.
Discover the top 15 free live wallpaper apps for Windows 10 & 11 PC! Elevate your desktop experience with these dynamic and stunning wallpapers. Find the perfect app to personalize your desktop.
How to fix Unknown USB Device error which is also famous as Device Descriptor Request Failed error on Windows 11 and Windows 10 PC.
When you secure college admission to pursue a degree or diploma of your choice, what often comes to your mind? Except for those who got a chance to study in a specific university due to talent, especially sports, a significant proportion of students will want to land a well-paying job, whereas a few might opt […]