10 Best Xbox 360 Games To Try in 2021
The Xbox 360 has been dominating the gaming world since 2005. It has been one of the remarkable gaming inventions by far. Even after 15 years, Xbox 360 is the first preference of many gamers—simply because some of the ever best games are developed for Xbox 360 devices. Therefore, in this list, we are going to review the best paid and free Xbox 360 games to try in 2021.
10 Best Xbox 360 Games — Just Groundbreaking Games
The gaming community has a special place on Techcommuters. We often run analytical reviews on the leading games and gaming gadgets to help our gamer friends. To write this post, we had played various Xbox 360 games and picked the best ten options for you:
IGN Rating – 10/10
PC Gamer Rating – 92%
User’s Age – 18+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox Series X and Series S.
Number of Players – 106,130,000 (last 30 days at the time of writing article)
Price – $80
Grand Theft Auto 5, aka GTA 5, is the fifth part of the Grand Theft Auto series released in 2013. It is one of the full action-packed Xbox 360 games based in the fictional state of San Andreas, California. The single storyline revolves around three protagonists—Michael De Santa (retired bank robber), Franklin Clinton (gangster), and Trevor Philips (drug dealer and arms smuggler) who commits heist under corrupt government’s pressure.
- The real-life celebrity—Lazlow Jones appeared in one scene.
- Rockstar steals two songs featured in the game from a rapper.
- The fictional city San Andreas map is bigger than the entire island of Manhattan.
- Due to the Stereotyped Female Characters, one Target branch in Australia had to remove the game from the shelves.
- The stellar graphic elements with 60 frames per second and 1080p resolution support.
- The character models can be easily modified to look like other famous game characters.
- Besides the new graphic updates, the storyline is pretty much the same as previous GTA’s.
- It is a pricey game.
2. King’s Quest
Hardcore Gamer Rating – 4/5
Adventure Gamer Rating – 4.5/5
User’s Age -10+
Compatible Platforms – Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, DOS.
Number of Players – N/D
Price – Chapter one is free.
King’s Quest is an episode-based series game. The game’s first chapter is available for free. It is one of the rarest free Xbox 360 games with a full point and clicks interface. However, the new King’s Quest isn’t a point and click adventure—it is a complete adventure now. You have to control Graham (the main character) and become a knight after winning various adventures.
- Christopher Lloyd voices the main character King Graham.
- Across five chapters, different parts of Graham’s life are exploited. The first chapter disclosed the earlier beginning of adventures.
- You can’t skip through dialogues or fast travel.
- You have to solve multiple mini-puzzles during your entire King’s Quest journey.
- A good storyline.
- Intuitive screenplay.
- Free first chapter.
- The action sequence is annoying.
- Dialogues can’t be skipped.
IGN Rating – 9/10
Digital Trends Rating – 9.5/10
User’s Age – 18+
Compatible Platforms – Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – 10 million+
Price – $15.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is another amazing Xbox 360 game developed by Bethesda Game Studios in 2011. It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scroll series. The storyline moves around the character—Dragonborn, who is on the quest to defeat Alduin, the World Eater who is on a mission to destroy the world.
- Skyrim’s map shows the landscape in real-time, just like Google maps.
- The background settings of Skyrim are the same as Winnie the Pooh adventures.
- Skyrim has more than 60000 dialogues that are covered by 70+ voice actors.
- The dragon letters are handwritten to provide realistic touch.
- Dual-wielding and Shouts make it more fun.
- The main quest line has improved dramatically.
- The interface is poor.
- Single-player mode. No group fun.
IGN Rating – 9.7/10
PC Gamer Rating – 88%
User’s Age -18+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Number of Players -17,279 (last 30 days at the time of writing article)
Price – $59
Red Dead Redemption is an action loaded adventure game by Rockstar Games. It is a second game in the Red Dead series. The game’s timeline is set during the decline of the American frontier, where John Marston’s (main character) wife and son got kidnapped, so he brings three members of his former gang to find them.
- It took almost half a decade to complete Red Dead Redemption’s development process.
- The real movement of stunt horses is captured in the game.
- Rockstar sells almost 15 million copies of the game.
- It is a stand-alone game, which has nothing to do with its predecessors.
- Amazing voiceover.
- Exciting quests.
- Cool interface.
- The ending isn’t epic.
- Animations can be improved.
IGN Rating – 9/10
PC Gamer Rating – 4.5/5
User’s Age – 10+
Compatible Platforms – Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, Xbox 360, Raspberry Pi, PlayStation 3.
Number of Players – 126 million+
Price – Free to play solo. For multiplayer, it costs $26.95.
Minecraft is a partially free Xbox 360 game with various adventures and limitless possibilities to build, battle mobs, mine, and explore the ever-changing landscapes. The game can be downloaded on mobile devices. Plus, the developers add new tools, spaces, and locations frequently to keep players engaged. With Creative Mode, you have endless opportunities to build something unique using your imagination.
- Minecraft’s first version was developed within only six days.
- The first name of the game was ‘Cave Game.’
- Minecraft is inspired by many other games like Dungeon Keeper, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Dwarf Fortress, and Infiniminer.
- Enderman creatures’ words are nearly incomprehensible to human ears, but in fact, most of them are English words played backward.
- Minimal violence.
- Rich graphics.
- Encourage kids to use their imagination.
- Lacks parental control.
- It can encourage bullying.
IGN Rating – 9.5/10
Eurogamer Rating – 90%
User’s Age – PEGI 3+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Linux, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – N/D
Price – $9.99
It is an indie puzzle game based on Gomez’s character who receives a fez in his 2D world to be one of four sides of the 3D world. The players rotate in the four 2D views to align platforms by solving various puzzles. The main objective of the game is to collect cubes and restore the universe.
- Fez’s development phase was five years long, which is very long for indie games.
- In Indie Game: The Movie documentary, the final stages of Fez’s development are mentioned.
- Fez received critical acclaim for its release for Xbox Live Arcade.
- The game emphasizes freedom and discovery.
- 2D and 3D impacts are powerful.
- Detailed graphics.
- Wonderful soundtrack.
- Old storyline.
- The map isn’t good.
- Platforming is poor.
IGN Rating – 9.4/10
Eurogamer Rating – 9/10
User’s Age – 13+
Compatibility Platforms – PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, Wii, Classic Mac OS, Nintendo DS
Number of Players – 323.6 (last 30 days at the time of writing article)
Price – $0.88 on Amazon.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a single person shooting game under the Call of Duty flagship. In this installment, makers have taken a break from the World War II background and moved to modern times. The storyline is based in 2011, where a radical leader has executed the president of an unnamed country of the Middle East and evoked civil war in Russia.
- “Mile High Club” hostage mission is one of the most popular COD4 levels. But, do you know the guy’s name who you rescued in it? His name was Kriegler!
- The Sword in the Stone, the novel, and a Disney movie inspired the COD4 team to add its hidden reference in the game.
- The “Mile High Club” level has inspired a whole new game mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- All the gun and explosion sounds in the game are recorded at an actual Marine Corps Combat Center.
- Fast multiplayer mode.
- Customized firearms.
- Ground war graphics are realistic.
- Some game variants are unintuitive.
- The background hasn’t changed much.
IGN Rating – 7.2/10
GameSpot Rating – 9/10
User’s Age – 11+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – N/D
Price – $3.99
It is one of the first-person shooter Xbox 360 games with the twist of horror and adventure. It is a story of a young soldier named Artyom who is living in Moscow Metro after a devastating nuclear war. He is tasked to find the mysterious Dark Ones, but for that, he has to cross various metro systems filled with radiant gases and fight with different monsters.
- It was a sequel to Metro 2033–based on Russian author Dmitry Glukhovsky’s novel.
- An action trailer of the game received more than 3 million hits.
- It is one of the leading single-player shooting games, which is giving competition to the multiplayer games.
- The developers are planning to take the main characters out of Russia in the next series.
- Stealth elements are quite stunning.
- Exterior landscapes are very enticing.
- Too much gunplay.
- AI can be easily exploited.
IGN Rating – 9.5/10
GamesRadar Rating – 5/5
User’s Age – R Rated
Compatible Platforms – Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – 241K
Price – $60 with extra stuff cost $40.
If you are a Batman fan, you’ll definitely have fun playing Batman: Arkham City. It is a successor to Batman: Arkham Original, launched in 2013. The game’s storyline is set nine months after the events of 2011 where Batman confronts Scarecrow. With the help of Arkham Knight, Scarecrow combines all the Batman foes to finally take him down.
- Mark Hamill gives your favorite Joker’s voice.
- One Rocksteady studio’s member has worked for two years only to create Batman’s cape.
- In the game, Joker will die with the Titan formula—sorry for the spoiler alert.
- Rocksteady’s Arkham games featured some Easter eggs that premise future games in the series.
- Smart crime-solving sequence.
- Excellent gameplay.
- Lots of missions and side missions.
- Combat is complex.
- The tank is out of order.
10. NBA 2K14
IGN Rating – 9.3/10
Metacritic Rating – 87%
User’s Age – 8+
Compatibility Platforms – Android, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, iOS.
Number of Players – 6,900,000+ players
Price – $9.99
In the NBA 2K series, it is the fifteenth edition. It is a typical basketball game where you can play various tournaments and NBA games. LeBron James of the Miami Heat is the lead athlete and music creator of the game. If you have played other predecessors and successors of this game, you just can’t miss it.
- Crew mode was brought back in 2K14 on people’s demand despite some technical issues.
- Online multiplayer mode is addictive.
- Association mode is unbelievably realistic.
- Lots of time has been spent on creating the hairstyle and accessories of NBA players’ characters.
- The graphics are really good.
- The gameplay is very nice.
- No dialogues.
- Small gameplays are annoying.
The Xbox 360 games are a byproduct of—years-long hard work, witty storytelling tactics, and high tech tools. People are still playing ten years old Xbox 360 games because they are simply amazing. Therefore, if you liked our recommendations, don’t waste your 2021 without trying any of these games.
Are you finally ready to optimize your website? Ready to create a user-friendly website that can dramatically increase your sales? Then, you must have already gone through all the amazing A/B testing tools available in the market. You know the UX A/B testing software market wasn’t that crowded a few years back. There were only […]
Are you running an online store? Then, dispatching items, tracking deliveries, taking returns, and managing stock must give you a terrible migraine. But, not anymore! With the best warehouse management software in 2021, you can efficiently manage all warehouse operations with ease. WMS software will reduce manual labor and improve customer services in no time. […]
Are you an architect, interior designer, or just a hobbyist? You need 3D architecture software to conceptualize your building or home design ideas. Plus, do you know how quick and accurate models you can create with 3D printing? If not, let us help you find the best architecture design software in 2021. With the right […]
Billing and invoicing is a hard business. Creating invoices, sending them, and following up on unpaid bills can take up a lot of time. On the top, recurring bills and invoices can definitely lose you money without even realizing it. Billing and invoicing software are the perfect alternatives to your old accounting system. Using billing […]
Accounting is a very broad spectrum revolving around numerous financial operations. Accounts payable management is one of the crucial accounting operations to maintain a proper cash flow system. AP teams processes, records, and ensure to pay vendors on time. The accounts payable software can fully automate manual data entry work. Additionally, AP software helps with […]
Whether you are a solopreneur or a corporate leader, undoubtedly, you need the best payroll management software to smoothly run your business. HR payroll software helps in saving time, efforts and keeping your staff happy. Plus, payroll software ensures that you meet all the tax compliance. If you haven’t yet selected the suitable payroll software […]
Health is Wealth — we all know that! Unfortunately, not many people still pay attention to their medication and take their prescribed pills on time. Often work schedules and home chores take all your attention that you don’t remember to take your medicines on time. If that always happens with you, technology has invented a […]
Now that your iPhone storage is almost full and the easiest way to free up some space is to move your large files from iPhone to your Mac. Videos occupy fair share of total storage space and it is wise to move these large files to your Mac so that you give your iOS device […]
Today, you can open Spotify or iTunes apps anytime on your phone and listen to unlimited music. But, if you want a full listing experience, your good old radio is the best option. For some witty talks, meaningful entertainment, and lighthearted programs, online radio stations are the right place. It doesn’t matter where you are […]
The tech industry has taken pole position in the latest the MBA Career Services & Employer Alliance survey, with the industry seeing the largest increase in full-time job postings in business schools in the autumn of 2020. During a difficult time for both job hunters and entrepreneurs, says MBA Atch, tech ‘is the silver lining’, with various […]