10 Best Xbox 360 Games To Try in 2021
The Xbox 360 has been dominating the gaming world since 2005. It has been one of the remarkable gaming inventions by far. Even after 15 years, Xbox 360 is the first preference of many gamers—simply because some of the ever best games are developed for Xbox 360 devices. Therefore, in this list, we are going to review the best paid and free Xbox 360 games to try in 2021.
10 Best Xbox 360 Games — Just Groundbreaking Games
The gaming community has a special place on Techcommuters. We often run analytical reviews on the leading games and gaming gadgets to help our gamer friends. To write this post, we had played various Xbox 360 games and picked the best ten options for you:
IGN Rating – 10/10
PC Gamer Rating – 92%
User’s Age – 18+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox Series X and Series S.
Number of Players – 106,130,000 (last 30 days at the time of writing article)
Price – $80
Grand Theft Auto 5, aka GTA 5, is the fifth part of the Grand Theft Auto series released in 2013. It is one of the full action-packed Xbox 360 games based in the fictional state of San Andreas, California. The single storyline revolves around three protagonists—Michael De Santa (retired bank robber), Franklin Clinton (gangster), and Trevor Philips (drug dealer and arms smuggler) who commits heist under corrupt government’s pressure.
- The real-life celebrity—Lazlow Jones appeared in one scene.
- Rockstar steals two songs featured in the game from a rapper.
- The fictional city San Andreas map is bigger than the entire island of Manhattan.
- Due to the Stereotyped Female Characters, one Target branch in Australia had to remove the game from the shelves.
- The stellar graphic elements with 60 frames per second and 1080p resolution support.
- The character models can be easily modified to look like other famous game characters.
- Besides the new graphic updates, the storyline is pretty much the same as previous GTA’s.
- It is a pricey game.
2. King’s Quest
Hardcore Gamer Rating – 4/5
Adventure Gamer Rating – 4.5/5
User’s Age -10+
Compatible Platforms – Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, DOS.
Number of Players – N/D
Price – Chapter one is free.
King’s Quest is an episode-based series game. The game’s first chapter is available for free. It is one of the rarest free Xbox 360 games with a full point and clicks interface. However, the new King’s Quest isn’t a point and click adventure—it is a complete adventure now. You have to control Graham (the main character) and become a knight after winning various adventures.
- Christopher Lloyd voices the main character King Graham.
- Across five chapters, different parts of Graham’s life are exploited. The first chapter disclosed the earlier beginning of adventures.
- You can’t skip through dialogues or fast travel.
- You have to solve multiple mini-puzzles during your entire King’s Quest journey.
- A good storyline.
- Intuitive screenplay.
- Free first chapter.
- The action sequence is annoying.
- Dialogues can’t be skipped.
IGN Rating – 9/10
Digital Trends Rating – 9.5/10
User’s Age – 18+
Compatible Platforms – Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – 10 million+
Price – $15.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is another amazing Xbox 360 game developed by Bethesda Game Studios in 2011. It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scroll series. The storyline moves around the character—Dragonborn, who is on the quest to defeat Alduin, the World Eater who is on a mission to destroy the world.
- Skyrim’s map shows the landscape in real-time, just like Google maps.
- The background settings of Skyrim are the same as Winnie the Pooh adventures.
- Skyrim has more than 60000 dialogues that are covered by 70+ voice actors.
- The dragon letters are handwritten to provide realistic touch.
- Dual-wielding and Shouts make it more fun.
- The main quest line has improved dramatically.
- The interface is poor.
- Single-player mode. No group fun.
IGN Rating – 9.7/10
PC Gamer Rating – 88%
User’s Age -18+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Number of Players -17,279 (last 30 days at the time of writing article)
Price – $59
Red Dead Redemption is an action loaded adventure game by Rockstar Games. It is a second game in the Red Dead series. The game’s timeline is set during the decline of the American frontier, where John Marston’s (main character) wife and son got kidnapped, so he brings three members of his former gang to find them.
- It took almost half a decade to complete Red Dead Redemption’s development process.
- The real movement of stunt horses is captured in the game.
- Rockstar sells almost 15 million copies of the game.
- It is a stand-alone game, which has nothing to do with its predecessors.
- Amazing voiceover.
- Exciting quests.
- Cool interface.
- The ending isn’t epic.
- Animations can be improved.
IGN Rating – 9/10
PC Gamer Rating – 4.5/5
User’s Age – 10+
Compatible Platforms – Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, Xbox 360, Raspberry Pi, PlayStation 3.
Number of Players – 126 million+
Price – Free to play solo. For multiplayer, it costs $26.95.
Minecraft is a partially free Xbox 360 game with various adventures and limitless possibilities to build, battle mobs, mine, and explore the ever-changing landscapes. The game can be downloaded on mobile devices. Plus, the developers add new tools, spaces, and locations frequently to keep players engaged. With Creative Mode, you have endless opportunities to build something unique using your imagination.
- Minecraft’s first version was developed within only six days.
- The first name of the game was ‘Cave Game.’
- Minecraft is inspired by many other games like Dungeon Keeper, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Dwarf Fortress, and Infiniminer.
- Enderman creatures’ words are nearly incomprehensible to human ears, but in fact, most of them are English words played backward.
- Minimal violence.
- Rich graphics.
- Encourage kids to use their imagination.
- Lacks parental control.
- It can encourage bullying.
IGN Rating – 9.5/10
Eurogamer Rating – 90%
User’s Age – PEGI 3+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Linux, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – N/D
Price – $9.99
It is an indie puzzle game based on Gomez’s character who receives a fez in his 2D world to be one of four sides of the 3D world. The players rotate in the four 2D views to align platforms by solving various puzzles. The main objective of the game is to collect cubes and restore the universe.
- Fez’s development phase was five years long, which is very long for indie games.
- In Indie Game: The Movie documentary, the final stages of Fez’s development are mentioned.
- Fez received critical acclaim for its release for Xbox Live Arcade.
- The game emphasizes freedom and discovery.
- 2D and 3D impacts are powerful.
- Detailed graphics.
- Wonderful soundtrack.
- Old storyline.
- The map isn’t good.
- Platforming is poor.
IGN Rating – 9.4/10
Eurogamer Rating – 9/10
User’s Age – 13+
Compatibility Platforms – PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, Wii, Classic Mac OS, Nintendo DS
Number of Players – 323.6 (last 30 days at the time of writing article)
Price – $0.88 on Amazon.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a single person shooting game under the Call of Duty flagship. In this installment, makers have taken a break from the World War II background and moved to modern times. The storyline is based in 2011, where a radical leader has executed the president of an unnamed country of the Middle East and evoked civil war in Russia.
- “Mile High Club” hostage mission is one of the most popular COD4 levels. But, do you know the guy’s name who you rescued in it? His name was Kriegler!
- The Sword in the Stone, the novel, and a Disney movie inspired the COD4 team to add its hidden reference in the game.
- The “Mile High Club” level has inspired a whole new game mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- All the gun and explosion sounds in the game are recorded at an actual Marine Corps Combat Center.
- Fast multiplayer mode.
- Customized firearms.
- Ground war graphics are realistic.
- Some game variants are unintuitive.
- The background hasn’t changed much.
IGN Rating – 7.2/10
GameSpot Rating – 9/10
User’s Age – 11+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – N/D
Price – $3.99
It is one of the first-person shooter Xbox 360 games with the twist of horror and adventure. It is a story of a young soldier named Artyom who is living in Moscow Metro after a devastating nuclear war. He is tasked to find the mysterious Dark Ones, but for that, he has to cross various metro systems filled with radiant gases and fight with different monsters.
- It was a sequel to Metro 2033–based on Russian author Dmitry Glukhovsky’s novel.
- An action trailer of the game received more than 3 million hits.
- It is one of the leading single-player shooting games, which is giving competition to the multiplayer games.
- The developers are planning to take the main characters out of Russia in the next series.
- Stealth elements are quite stunning.
- Exterior landscapes are very enticing.
- Too much gunplay.
- AI can be easily exploited.
IGN Rating – 9.5/10
GamesRadar Rating – 5/5
User’s Age – R Rated
Compatible Platforms – Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – 241K
Price – $60 with extra stuff cost $40.
If you are a Batman fan, you’ll definitely have fun playing Batman: Arkham City. It is a successor to Batman: Arkham Original, launched in 2013. The game’s storyline is set nine months after the events of 2011 where Batman confronts Scarecrow. With the help of Arkham Knight, Scarecrow combines all the Batman foes to finally take him down.
- Mark Hamill gives your favorite Joker’s voice.
- One Rocksteady studio’s member has worked for two years only to create Batman’s cape.
- In the game, Joker will die with the Titan formula—sorry for the spoiler alert.
- Rocksteady’s Arkham games featured some Easter eggs that premise future games in the series.
- Smart crime-solving sequence.
- Excellent gameplay.
- Lots of missions and side missions.
- Combat is complex.
- The tank is out of order.
10. NBA 2K14
IGN Rating – 9.3/10
Metacritic Rating – 87%
User’s Age – 8+
Compatibility Platforms – Android, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, iOS.
Number of Players – 6,900,000+ players
Price – $9.99
In the NBA 2K series, it is the fifteenth edition. It is a typical basketball game where you can play various tournaments and NBA games. LeBron James of the Miami Heat is the lead athlete and music creator of the game. If you have played other predecessors and successors of this game, you just can’t miss it.
- Crew mode was brought back in 2K14 on people’s demand despite some technical issues.
- Online multiplayer mode is addictive.
- Association mode is unbelievably realistic.
- Lots of time has been spent on creating the hairstyle and accessories of NBA players’ characters.
- The graphics are really good.
- The gameplay is very nice.
- No dialogues.
- Small gameplays are annoying.
The Xbox 360 games are a byproduct of—years-long hard work, witty storytelling tactics, and high tech tools. People are still playing ten years old Xbox 360 games because they are simply amazing. Therefore, if you liked our recommendations, don’t waste your 2021 without trying any of these games.
Want to access geo-restricted sites, but don’t want to get into the nitty-gritty of technicalities? You are in luck. ClearVPN is just the right VPN for you. Unlike other VPNs in the market, ClearVPN lets you choose the activity you wish to perform, not the server. This makes using both a VPN and staying secure […]
Of course, you’ve spent a lot of money for your new Mac, and we understand how it can be frustrating when you see it starts working slow or any other unusual things happen, like an unexpected crash of apps. What happened with the expensive device and how to stop and prevent this problem? In our […]
Human nature is defined as the constant struggle of man and woman to fulfill their immediate needs, wants, and desires. Once that list is achieved, we want more and in a consumer-dominated world, there is nothing better than that. You may be a fan of fast internet speeds, however, you would also need other perks […]
Identity theft – what is it and how to protect yourself? At a time when there is an unlimited amount of information available to the individual via the Internet, and the development of technology and the increasingly complex operation of the public and social life require the exchange of large quantities of data, the right […]
Blockchain technology has advanced significantly since the launch of cryptocurrency in 2008. Today, entrepreneurs in various industries have embraced its value and technological advantage, trying to appropriate it for advancing their competitive edge on the market. Besides, blockchain may open up new doors due to its dispersed and flexible nature, helping companies through transparency, privacy, […]
Are you contemplating software expansion? The complexity of programming necessitates the need for an expert programmer. While anyone can pass out as a developer, it will help if you research the leading destinations to outsource software development specialists. This article factors in everything you need to know when looking for a software developer. Factors to […]
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]