10 Best Xbox 360 Games To Try in 2023
The Xbox 360 has been dominating the gaming world since 2005. It has been one of the remarkable gaming inventions by far. Even after 15 years, Xbox 360 is the first preference of many gamers—simply because some of the ever best games are developed for Xbox 360 devices. Therefore, in this list, we are going to review the best paid and free Xbox 360 games.
10 Best Xbox 360 Games in 2023 — Just Groundbreaking Games
The gaming community has a special place on Techcommuters. We often run analytical reviews on the leading games and gaming gadgets to help our gamer friends. To write this post, we had played various Xbox 360 games and picked the best ten options for you:
1. Grand Theft Auto V
IGN Rating – 10/10
PC Gamer Rating – 92%
User’s Age – 18+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox Series X and Series S.
Number of Players – 106,130,000 (last 30 days at the time of writing article)
Price – $80
Grand Theft Auto 5, aka GTA 5, is the fifth part of the Grand Theft Auto series released in 2013. It is one of the full action-packed Xbox 360 games based in the fictional state of San Andreas, California. The single storyline revolves around three protagonists—Michael De Santa (retired bank robber), Franklin Clinton (gangster), and Trevor Philips (drug dealer and arms smuggler) who commits heist under corrupt government’s pressure.
- The real-life celebrity—Lazlow Jones appeared in one scene.
- Rockstar steals two songs featured in the game from a rapper.
- The fictional city San Andreas map is bigger than the entire island of Manhattan.
- Due to the Stereotyped Female Characters, one Target branch in Australia had to remove the game from the shelves.
- The stellar graphic elements with 60 frames per second and 1080p resolution support.
- The character models can be easily modified to look like other famous game characters.
- Besides the new graphic updates, the storyline is pretty much the same as previous GTA’s.
- It is a pricey game.
2. King’s Quest
Hardcore Gamer Rating – 4/5
Adventure Gamer Rating – 4.5/5
User’s Age -10+
Compatible Platforms – Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, DOS.
Number of Players – N/D
Price – Chapter one is free.
King’s Quest is an episode-based series game. The game’s first chapter is available for free. It is one of the rarest free Xbox 360 games with a full point and clicks interface. However, the new King’s Quest isn’t a point and click adventure—it is a complete adventure now. You have to control Graham (the main character) and become a knight after winning various adventures.
- Christopher Lloyd voices the main character King Graham.
- Across five chapters, different parts of Graham’s life are exploited. The first chapter disclosed the earlier beginning of adventures.
- You can’t skip through dialogues or fast travel.
- You have to solve multiple mini-puzzles during your entire King’s Quest journey.
- A good storyline.
- Intuitive screenplay.
- Free first chapter.
- The action sequence is annoying.
- Dialogues can’t be skipped.
3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
IGN Rating – 9/10
Digital Trends Rating – 9.5/10
User’s Age – 18+
Compatible Platforms – Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – 10 million+
Price – $15.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is another amazing Xbox 360 game developed by Bethesda Game Studios. It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scroll series. The storyline moves around the character—Dragonborn, who is on the quest to defeat Alduin, the World Eater who is on a mission to destroy the world.
- Skyrim’s map shows the landscape in real-time, just like Google maps.
- The background settings of Skyrim are the same as Winnie the Pooh adventures.
- Skyrim has more than 60000 dialogues that are covered by 70+ voice actors.
- The dragon letters are handwritten to provide realistic touch.
- Dual-wielding and Shouts make it more fun.
- The main quest line has improved dramatically.
- The interface is poor.
- Single-player mode. No group fun.
4. Red Dead Redemption
IGN Rating – 9.7/10
PC Gamer Rating – 88%
User’s Age -18+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Number of Players -17,279 (last 30 days at the time of writing article)
Price – $59
Red Dead Redemption is an action loaded adventure game by Rockstar Games. It is a second game in the Red Dead series. The game’s timeline is set during the decline of the American frontier, where John Marston’s (main character) wife and son got kidnapped, so he brings three members of his former gang to find them.
- It took almost half a decade to complete Red Dead Redemption’s development process.
- The real movement of stunt horses is captured in the game.
- Rockstar sells almost 15 million copies of the game.
- It is a stand-alone game, which has nothing to do with its predecessors.
- Amazing voiceover.
- Exciting quests.
- Cool interface.
- The ending isn’t epic.
- Animations can be improved.
IGN Rating – 9/10
PC Gamer Rating – 4.5/5
User’s Age – 10+
Compatible Platforms – Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, Xbox 360, Raspberry Pi, PlayStation 3.
Number of Players – 126 million+
Price – Free to play solo. For multiplayer, it costs $26.95.
Minecraft is a partially free Xbox 360 game with various adventures and limitless possibilities to build, battle mobs, mine, and explore the ever-changing landscapes. The game can be downloaded on mobile devices. Plus, the developers add new tools, spaces, and locations frequently to keep players engaged. With Creative Mode, you have endless opportunities to build something unique using your imagination.
- Minecraft’s first version was developed within only six days.
- The first name of the game was ‘Cave Game.’
- Minecraft is inspired by many other games like Dungeon Keeper, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Dwarf Fortress, and Infiniminer.
- Enderman creatures’ words are nearly incomprehensible to human ears, but in fact, most of them are English words played backward.
- Minimal violence.
- Rich graphics.
- Encourage kids to use their imagination.
- Lacks parental control.
- It can encourage bullying.
IGN Rating – 9.5/10
Eurogamer Rating – 90%
User’s Age – PEGI 3+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Linux, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – N/D
Price – $9.99
It is an indie puzzle game based on Gomez’s character who receives a fez in his 2D world to be one of four sides of the 3D world. The players rotate in the four 2D views to align platforms by solving various puzzles. The main objective of the game is to collect cubes and restore the universe.
- Fez’s development phase was five years long, which is very long for indie games.
- In Indie Game: The Movie documentary, the final stages of Fez’s development are mentioned.
- Fez received critical acclaim for its release for Xbox Live Arcade.
- The game emphasizes freedom and discovery.
- 2D and 3D impacts are powerful.
- Detailed graphics.
- Wonderful soundtrack.
- Old storyline.
- The map isn’t good.
- Platforming is poor.
7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
IGN Rating – 9.4/10
Eurogamer Rating – 9/10
User’s Age – 13+
Compatibility Platforms – PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, Wii, Classic Mac OS, Nintendo DS
Number of Players – 323.6 (last 30 days at the time of writing article)
Price – $0.88 on Amazon.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a single person shooting game under the Call of Duty flagship. In this installment, makers have taken a break from the World War II background and moved to modern times. The storyline is based in 2011, where a radical leader has executed the president of an unnamed country of the Middle East and evoked civil war in Russia.
- “Mile High Club” hostage mission is one of the most popular COD4 levels. But, do you know the guy’s name who you rescued in it? His name was Kriegler!
- The Sword in the Stone, the novel, and a Disney movie inspired the COD4 team to add its hidden reference in the game.
- The “Mile High Club” level has inspired a whole new game mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- All the gun and explosion sounds in the game are recorded at an actual Marine Corps Combat Center.
- Fast multiplayer mode.
- Customized firearms.
- Ground war graphics are realistic.
- Some game variants are unintuitive.
- The background hasn’t changed much.
8. Raiders of The Broken Planet
IGN Rating – 7.2/10
GameSpot Rating – 9/10
User’s Age – 11+
Compatible Platforms – PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – N/D
Price – $3.99
It is one of the first-person shooter Xbox 360 games with the twist of horror and adventure. It is a story of a young soldier named Artyom who is living in Moscow Metro after a devastating nuclear war. He is tasked to find the mysterious Dark Ones, but for that, he has to cross various metro systems filled with radiant gases and fight with different monsters.
- It was a sequel to Metro 2033–based on Russian author Dmitry Glukhovsky’s novel.
- An action trailer of the game received more than 3 million hits.
- It is one of the leading single-player shooting games, which is giving competition to the multiplayer games.
- The developers are planning to take the main characters out of Russia in the next series.
- Stealth elements are quite stunning.
- Exterior landscapes are very enticing.
- Too much gunplay.
- AI can be easily exploited.
9. Batman: Arkham City
IGN Rating – 9.5/10
GamesRadar Rating – 5/5
User’s Age – R Rated
Compatible Platforms – Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360.
Number of Players – 241K
Price – $60 with extra stuff cost $40.
If you are a Batman fan, you’ll definitely have fun playing Batman: Arkham City. It is a successor to Batman: Arkham Original, launched in 2013. The game’s storyline is set nine months after the events of 2011 where Batman confronts Scarecrow. With the help of Arkham Knight, Scarecrow combines all the Batman foes to finally take him down.
- Mark Hamill gives your favorite Joker’s voice.
- One Rocksteady studio’s member has worked for two years only to create Batman’s cape.
- In the game, Joker will die with the Titan formula—sorry for the spoiler alert.
- Rocksteady’s Arkham games featured some Easter eggs that premise future games in the series.
- Smart crime-solving sequence.
- Excellent gameplay.
- Lots of missions and side missions.
- Combat is complex.
- The tank is out of order.
10. NBA 2K14
IGN Rating – 9.3/10
Metacritic Rating – 87%
User’s Age – 8+
Compatibility Platforms – Android, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, iOS.
Number of Players – 6,900,000+ players
Price – $9.99
In the NBA 2K series, it is the fifteenth edition. It is a typical basketball game where you can play various tournaments and NBA games. LeBron James of the Miami Heat is the lead athlete and music creator of the game. If you have played other predecessors and successors of this game, you just can’t miss it.
- Crew mode was brought back in 2K14 on people’s demand despite some technical issues.
- Online multiplayer mode is addictive.
- Association mode is unbelievably realistic.
- Lots of time has been spent on creating the hairstyle and accessories of NBA players’ characters.
- The graphics are really good.
- The gameplay is very nice.
- No dialogues.
- Small gameplays are annoying.
The Xbox 360 games are a byproduct of—years-long hard work, witty storytelling tactics, and high tech tools. People are still playing ten years old Xbox 360 games because they are simply amazing. Therefore, if you liked our recommendations, don’t waste your 2023 without trying any of these games.
How to Fix the “Network Discovery is Turned Off” Error on Windows 11/10
Introduction: Among many common Windows errors, the “network discovery is turned off” error is an annoying obstacle that disrupts your workflow. Whether you’re trying to share files, stream media, or access shared printers, encountering this error can be perplexing and disruptive. The good news is that understanding the causes and solutions for this error can […]
How to Use the New Bing With ChatGPT
Introduction: Gone are the days of sifting through endless search results. With Bing, powered with ChatGPT, you can now ask questions in plain language and receive instant, personalized answers tailored to your needs. It’s like having a conversation with a knowledgeable search assistant right at your fingertips. So, agree or not, you are definitely in […]
How to Use Split Screen on a Mac
Introduction: In today’s fast-paced digital world, maximizing productivity is the key. Period. And being able to juggle multiple tasks seamlessly is a skill worth mastering. If you’re a Mac user looking to boost your multitasking abilities, you’re in luck. Apple’s macOS offers a powerful feature known as Split Screen, which allows you to effortlessly divide […]
How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11
Introduction: In the world of productivity, every single second counts. The last thing anyone wants is to be hindered by unnecessary obstacles while using their computer. One such obstacle is the lock screen that appears every time you wake up your Windows device. Though it may appear as a minor inconvenience, those valuable seconds spent […]
How to Find Your iPhone From an Android Device?
Introduction Mobile phones are the necessary daily gadget that functions the maximum amount of work for the user and help to communicate with people. It will be a disaster if you lose your iPhone anywhere on the street or office and have no idea how to recover it. Mostly you will panic and return to […]
How to Create a Custom Map in Google Maps
Introduction You may create Google custom maps that do not appear on anyone’s page by going to maps.google.com and using one of the many available choices. You do not need specialized software to make a unique map for you or someone else. All you require is Google Maps, which enables you to create a personalized […]
How to Repair Your Own iPhone
Introduction You can consider some DIY actions if your Apple device is not functioning as it once did or if your screen or another piece of the system is physically damaged. You may repair your iPhone yourself using these suggestions. You can fix an iPhone on your own using one of two methods. Purchasing new […]
The 5 Best Gaming Laptops in 2023
Introduction Are you looking for the best laptop to play high-specification games? Technology Industries have been producing revolutionary products in gaming PCs and Laptops. People invest a tremendous amount in building a gaming pc, so it requires multiple accessories to play the game. In contrast, gaming laptops are changing the aspect of the gaming experience. […]
How To Detect And Remove Keylogger From Windows PC?
Introduction Keyloggers are a famous tool hackers use to obtain passwords and other sensitive data. All they need is access to the device to detect keylogger in Windows PC. Once set up, the keylogger will operate silently in the background and capture the keystrokes you make on a physical or virtual keyboard. There are various […]
The Top Ten AI Chatbots: ChatGPT Alternatives for 2023
Introduction You may use the ChatGPT text maker to generate any script by putting the required word into the search box and browsing the likely answers. The machine heavily utilizes online data to discern the intricacies of the basic human-written text. We are now determining its ideal use cases for ChatGPT, a well-liked chatbot with […]