How to Sell on Instagram in 2021: 10 Entrepreneur Savvy Tips
Do you want to sell a product or services online? But don’t want to deal with the eCommerce shop setting up hassles? Then, better learn how to sell on Instagram in 2021.
You see people, Instagram has over 1 billion active users globally, out of which 110 million users are only from the United States.
So, if you want to become an Instagram entrepreneur in 2021, read on to find how to sell on Instagram in 10 easy steps.
How to Sell on Instagram: 10 Easy Ways to Sell Online in 2021
Instagram is a lot more than a simple social media platform to share photos with your friends. It is a full-fledged business app with a series of online selling options. Once you have selected your products or services that you want to sell on Instagram, you have to just follow these steps:
1. Create an Instagram Business Account
To sell on Instagram, you have to set up an interactive business account. Compared to a personal Instagram account, business one has numerous features to lure customers, such as:
- Option to add your business option like address, contact information, website URL, etc.
- Real-time Instagram insights to learn more about your followers and their online behavior patterns.
- Facility to run promotions to drive more leads.
How to Switch to Instagram Business Account
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the three horizontal lines to open the menu.
- Tap on Settings and Account.
- Then, tap Switch to Professional Account and Business.
- Once your Instagram is switched, you’ll have to add your business information. Here you can hide your business information by going to Edit Profile > Profile Display > Select whether you want to hide or display your contact info.
- Tap Done.
- Connect with your Facebook Business Page
If you also have a Facebook business page, you can connect it to your IG business account to drive sales from both platforms. To do so:
- Tap on Edit Profile.
- Under the Public Business Information tab, tap on the Page.
- Select your Facebook page or create a new one if you don’t already have a page. Make sure that you can only connect one Facebook page with an Instagram business account.
- Consistent & High-quality Content
In this how-to sell on Instagram guide, sharing consistent and high-quality content is crucially important. To build your brand identity, attract new followers, and retain them, content plays the main role. And Instagram let you share various styles of content on your Instagram shop, such as:
- Theme-specific content – you can create a distinctive theme for your Instagram profile to build your unique identity.
- High-quality photos and videos – clear, sharp, and actionable visual content are the way to grow on Instagram.
- Make your content creative – using the IG apps like Boomerang, Layout, or Hyperlapse, you can add a creative touch to your posts.
- Keep your user engaged – come up with tutorials, quizzes, and Q&A polls to your customers active.
- Catchy and informative captions – Instagram captions help build strong relationships with followers, making them worthy of placing an order.
- Add your URL Link in the Bio
Whenever a new customer lands on your page, they are likely to first check out your bio page. You should use this opportunity to redirect traffic to your online store if you have one. To add or edit a link in your bio:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on the Edit Profile button to open your editing settings.
- Add the link in the Website field and save the change.
To gain maximum results from this option, you should:
- Add emojis next to the link so customers won’t miss it.
- Refer your followers to the link with the simple phrase ‘link in bio.’
- Change your link according to the products or services that you are promoting.
- Include a bold CTA in the bio.
- Add your Link the Stories & Reels
Instagram stories and reels are the best way to introduce your products to your followers and motivate them to buy. If you want your IG followers to immediately order after watching a story or reel, you should embed a link in them.
- Select a photo or video in the Instagram Stories window.
- Tap on the chain icon to add a link to your story.
- Enter the destination URL and click on the checkmark when you are done. Now, when you publish a story, your customers can see the purchase link.
- Reel your customers
Instagram reels are an awesome way to entertain your followers using popular songs and quirky filters. You can record your products 15-second videos set to songs and entertain and sell in one go.
- To create your first Instagram reels, open the Instagram stories camera and select the Reels option.
- You can select songs from the Instagram music library or your personal music collection and adjust the song to fit your video.
- Adjust the video speed and use multiple filters to adorn your reels.
- Once you are satisfied with your work, tap Share to broadcast your reels to all your followers.
- Use Relevant Instagram Hashtags
To sell on Instagram, you have to appear on the top search results, and that’s only possible when you use relevant and popular hashtags. Hashtags are like keywords that extend your reach on Instagram. Therefore, select your hashtags very carefully as Instagram only allows you to add 30 tags to one post. To make your hashtags search logical, you can use hashtag generating tools like Hashtagify, All Hashtag, Webstagram, AutoHash, etc.
- Target Instagram Ads
Running some paid ads on Instagram to promote your business isn’t a bad idea. Along with organic traffic, a few paid leads can do wonders on your sale. Plus, you can control your spending, target audience, geographic region, and other things on Instagram ads. To run Instagram ads, you have two options:
Promote a Post
- Go to your profile and select the post you want to promote.
- Tap on the Promote button. You can also scroll to the Promotions data from your Instagram Insights and tap the Create Promotion Link.
- Configure the objective and action button using the vast Instagram gallery.
- To direct your target audience to your IG profile, select the Get More Profile and Website Visits. Add your profile or website link to the Destination field.
- Also, give your target audience directions to take action on your account.
- Based on the location, gender, and age, you have to define your target audience.
- Next, set a budget for your entire Instagram promotion based on the duration.
- Once your promotion is live, you can view insights to check results.
- Download the Facebook Ads Manager on your phone or computer.
- Open Ads Manager and click on the green Ad button to create a new Instagram ad.
- Select the marketing objective for your ad, such as brand awareness, reach, traffic, engagement, etc.
- Give a name to your Instagram ad campaign.
- If you want, you can run split tests on your campaign for different elements.
- Define your target audience for the Instagram ad.
- Switch placements from Automatic to Edit Placements to select Instagram ads in the feed.
- Set Delivery Optimization to configure ad delivery details based on your marketing objectives.
- Fix your total ad campaign budget and the duration to run the ad.
- Choose your ad formats such as Carousel, Single Image, Single Video, Slideshow, or Collection.
- Finally, click the green Confirm button to submit your ad for review.
- Use Instagram Shopping
Instagram Shopping feature allows you to directly tag your products in the posts. You can give customers access to price and product details from the posts. This feature also lets you tag up to 5 products per image or 20 products per carousel with the direct Shop Now button.
- Create your online store to sell products.
- Set up a business Instagram account connected to your Facebook page.
- Connect your Instagram account to the Facebook catalog using Facebook Partner or Catalog Manager.
- Go to your profile settings, tap on Business and then, Instagram Shopping.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and drive more engagement with Instagram Shopping.
- Get Third-party Instagram Selling Tools
To sell more feverishly on Instagram, you can also use multiple third-party tools. For example:
- Add storefront links in the bio with the same design as your Instagram feeds using apps like Like2Buy or Have2HaveIt.
- Create shoppable Instagram posts with Soldsie.
- Using Liketoknow.it like tools you can embed product credits with affiliate links so that users who like your photo will receive an email containing all shoppable items in the post.
How to Sell on Instagram: Infinite Ways
You have endless opportunities to create an aesthetically pleasing and innovative shop on Instagram. Also, you have infinite ways to promote your products on Instagram, including influencer collaborations, paid ads, and more. In short, Instagram has all the right features to build your online business empire without opening a digital or physical store.
So, entrepreneurs, seize this opportunity and start selling on Instagram now. For any doubt or query, you are more than welcome to comment below.
Is Bluetooth on Windows 11 giving issues? You have come to the right place. In this post, we will discuss how to fix Windows 11 Bluetooth not working. Generally, the Bluetooth problems are caused due to some software issues, but they can also be related to hardware malfunctioning. Therefore, before we get into details, let […]
Are you facing connectivity issues? Follow these instructions to reset network settings on your Windows 11 and fix the connectivity problems. The network settings on the PC manages internet connectivity. However, in some cases, due to outdated network adapters and incompatible configuration issues like slow connection and dropped connection, no wireless connectivity occurs. If you […]
As the cybersecurity needs of users are growing, Bitdefender has come up with comprehensive Internet security software that is designed to keep you safe 24/7. Bitdefender Internet Security is a one-stop solution for all your security needs. We’ve got a chance to test this powerful tool and to check its compatibility with other security solutions […]
Is Microsoft’s digital assistant bothering you? Do you want to uninstall it? You’ve come to the right place; here, we will explain removing Cortana on Windows 11. Although Microsoft doesn’t give a straightforward way to uninstall it, there are still ways. Why Uninstall Cortana? It is not like Microsoft’s cloud-based digital assistant; Cortana takes too […]
Technology is advancing at an alarming rate, with most people jumping onto the new trend without fully understanding what these advancements entail or the consequences. It is also a widely known fact that many people do not read the terms and conditions of the new apps. So, the following seven apps will help you keep […]
Most students find it hard to write a comprehensive academic essay within the given timeframe. It becomes quite challenging and equally stressful to complete the assigned task, especially when the deadline is near. However, there are certainapps for writing essaysthat will help you deliver top-quality assignments. Best Essay Writing Apps to Improve Writing Skills There […]
Today’s security professionals have become familiar with the idea that every organization has an attack surface that describes its global exposure to threats against internal and cloud applications, devices, users, and data. The attack surface grows as greater connectivity, cloud applications and myriad new types of device are adopted as an organization expands its digital […]
Worldwide, more and more people are doing what they can to protect themselves and their data. Considering we live in a world that is so connected, with everything from work to our social lives and entertainment happening online, protection is a must. Staying safe online isn’t as difficult as you think either; it just requires […]
Finally, iOS 15 is now available to download, and it has brought many surprises along. The biggest iOS 15 surprise is that now Apple users can FaceTime with non-Apple users. Yep, you no longer need to use Zoom or Microsoft Teams to make video calls. Instead, Apple has allowed people to join a FaceTime call […]
We all want to secure our remote access for daily needs & projects. But how to get it done is a big question. Using a VPN this problem can be easily solved as it creates an encrypted tunnel to secure network connection. Acronym for Virtual Private Network (VPN) hides IP addresses allowing users to navigate […]
Are you looking for the best lead generation software? Then don’t look for the tool that can boost your sales or customer base. In fact, search for the tool that can integrate your CRM software for better KPIs and analytics. Lead capture software can do a lot more than improving your sales or traffic. It […]
Be it product branding or marketing; labels play a significant role in selling a product. In fact, the label helps to distinguish your products from others. Therefore, the designing and printing of your product label need to be perfect. And for this, we will talk about the best 5 label designing and printing software in […]
The following apps are tops. They have become popular with Android, so if you’re on the lookout for good and useful applications, it may be that you have a few of these apps already. There are many amazing apps for Android in the market but a few outshine the rest. Just about everyone finds these […]
While scrolling through Netflix, do you feel you’ve seen it all? Well, if that’s the case let us add some spice to it and shed new light on streaming services, gaming, Blu-rays, etc. Wondering how that would be possible? Well, using Light Mi Neo the best and pocket-friendly alternative to Philips’s sync box you can […]
We are living in an era where many platforms give you a space to create different kinds of content and there are different ways through which you can showcase your skills and talent and can earn a pretty good amount of money. You won’t be just earning money but you will also learn a lot […]