What is Spy Apps How Do I Know It is Installed on My Phone
How important is your privacy and security to you? In the current era of sophisticated technology, anyone can steal your information and spy on you. We all use smartphones each and every day. It’s an undeniable fact that these devices help us with a lot of things. But, at the same time, there’s another side of the coin, which is their vulnerability. Since we all have important information on these devices, pretty much any smart person can spy on you and steal your information, invading your personal life. Cyber attackers mostly use spy apps for this purpose. So, to be safe and secure, you need to educate yourself about what exactly a spy app is and how to find out if someone has infected your device with it.
Here’s a brief answer to what is spy apps
A spy app is basically a mobile application that is installed on a smartphone by someone without the consent of the device’s owner. The culprit here can install the app either manually or through the internet. So, if you ever download and install any suspicious application from the web, you’re hurting yourself. Furthermore, any person who accesses your phone can install this app.
What can a Spy app do?
A spy app can do a lot of things. Most of these things are dangerous in nature. The attacker can steal your sensitive information, eavesdrop on you, and similar other things. Here’s a list of what a spy app can do:
- Lock your device.
- Send call log information.
- Send SMS information.
- Record your calls and send them to the culprit.
- Transmit your location details.
- Record audio and video and transfer them to those who’re spying on you.
- Change Password/Pin of your device.
- Reset your phone and wipe out the data.
Read Also: Best iPhone Spy Apps
How to detect a spy app on your phone?
By now, you may have gotten pretty good understand on what is spy apps. Now, it’s time to learn how to identify them. Usually, best iPhone spy apps or spy apps for Android run in the background, which is why it’s difficult to find them. But, there are still several ways through which you can detect a spy app on your device. Here’s a look at some of them:
- Unusual Battery Draining: The batter of your phone runs out quickly when you’re using high-end applications or games. But, if the batter is getting drained pretty quickly without any heavy usage, there must be something wrong. There are probably two reasons for this phenomenon, which are either hardware malfunction or a malicious program such as a spy app running on the device. If you face this issue, immediately check out the installed apps and see if any such app is installed.
- Overheating of your device: Your mobile phone heats up during heavy usage. If you’re playing a top-end game on your device or using a large application, your phone usually heats up. But, if your phone overheats without any heavy usage, chances are that a spy app is running in the background. Spy apps operate through advanced algorithms that consume a lot of your device’s resources. So, check out the installed apps on your device if it overheats without any reason.
- Weird Background Noises: It’s usual to hear background noises while talking to someone over a voice call. But, if you don’t have any disturbances on your side and it’s the same on the other side, you need to worry. Because, if someone’s spying you through a spy app, they most probably will be eavesdropping on your voice calls as well. The strange background noises are from the culprit’s side. Most of these apps use conference call mechanism to listen to your calls.
- Strange Data Usage patterns: As an internet user, you must always be keeping an eye on your data usage. Every smartphone has an option for you, where you can check the data usage information. If you observe any strange data consumption patterns in your device, you need be on a high alert. Because, spy apps send out a lot of data through different file formats such as text, audio, and video. Try to check out the data usage section regularly.
- Malfunctioning Autocorrect: Do you use autocorrect while texting? Well, most of the people do. If you ever see your autocorrect malfunctioning, it might be due to an underlying spy app in your phone. Because, these applications use keyloggers to steal your information through your text input. So, your autocorrect starts to malfunction when a keylogger collides with it.
Read Also: How to Protect Your iPhone From Thieves
Since you’ve learned what is spy apps and how to detect them on your phone, it’s time to follow the above-mentioned steps to ensure the safety of your privacy. Many cyber crimes are being caused through these apps, which is why you need to stay vigilant. If you find out that your device has been installed with such apps, try to uninstall them or do a factory reset of your phone.
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]
Correctly, get back deleted or lost pictures from the hard drive or SD card. To relive happy moments spent with family and friends we capture them, and nobody wants to lose these digital memories, right? Yet due to unforeseen situations like accidentally deleting pictures, hard drive failure, natural disaster, corrupt hard disk, and formatting the […]
Since the Internet has grown to be the main source for entertainment, socializing, news, information, and more, we hardly ever think about how it works. It is informative and helpful, however just like a physical playground, there’s scope for harm within the online world, particularly for children who may not be absolutely aware of the […]
Whether you wish to share your Macintosh with your kids, friends, or colleagues, it’s better to create a new user account to maintain your privacy. With separate Mac accounts, every person can have their own settings like application preferences, iCloud account details, and password-protect their personal data. Most importantly, the process of adding users to […]
The PDF formats have extremely important uses nowadays. One of the main reasons that pdf format is used is because it cannot be modified by others. They are easy to transfer and are commonly used in business, education, and health. We can convert a whole book and lengthy reports into pdfs. Sometimes the size of […]
Are you preparing for an IT certification course? If yes, you need to install Visual Certification Exam software in your system right away. Why? That’s because online IT course materials and certifications are available in VCE file format. So, if you have an exam coming up soon, you need a VCE suit to open the […]
Restore lost or deleted files from any storage media using Tenorshare 4DDiG. Losing important files, images, videos, or for that matter any data is no fun. It leaves us all anxious, frustrated, and stressed. What’s worse, when we don’t have a backup and the same file is urgently required. This creates panic and makes you […]