Top 5 OTT Platform to Make 2022 Full Entertaining
In the last few years, numerous new entertainment services are introduced, but the OTT, aka ‘Over The Top’ platform, is the most breakthrough service. OTT platforms broadcast content over the internet without any cable or DTH connection. With your internet network, you can stream content on your preferred OTT portal and get entertained anytime and anywhere. Nowadays, numerous OTT service providers are available in the market, which makes it hard to select the most entertaining platform. Therefore, we have shortlisted the 5 best OTT platforms to help you out in 2022.
5 Best OTT Platforms to Subscribe in 2022
If you want an unlimited supply of entertainment on your terms, we have just tested the different OTT platforms available around the globe for you and would like to present the awesome five OTT portals of 2022:
App Store Rating – 3.5/5
Play Store Rating – 4.4/5
Founded Year – 1997
Number of Subscribers – 203.7 million+
Available In – Worldwide (excluding mainland China, Syria, North Korea, and Crimea)
Plans – Streaming plans are between $1 to $14 per month.
Netflix is a leading American OTT platform and production company founded by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley, California. The company offers subscription-based online content, including the Orginal Netflix series. Initially, Netflix was a rental DVD sales business, but eventually, it turns into a mega content production and distribution hub, including—films, series, and even original content. In 2010, Netflix stepped foot out of America and started streaming in Canada, Latin America, and today, it is available in 190 countries. Overall, Netflix is ruling the global OTT platform market in 2022 with net revenue of $20.156 billion.
- Netflix started producing original content in 2011 with an hour-long political drama, House of Cards.
- Users can access Netflix website via the internet browser on their PCs, but the Netflix app can be easily accessed through Blu-ray Disc players, tablets, smartphones, and other gaming consoles.
- At the 90th Academy Awards, held on March 4, 2018, Netflix won the Oscar for Best Documentary Feature for the film Icarus.
- Netflix currently has to play exclusive deals for various leading production houses, including Warner Bros., Universal Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and The Walt Disney Studios.
- It can be streamed on all screen sizes.
- Netflix Original content is award-winning.
- Offers three different plans.
- Skip Intro option helps viewers skip unnecessary content.
- For Android and iOS offline play, the feature is available.
- Netflix won’t broadcast new episodes right away except for original content.
- It has an outdated library.
- Content available as per your location.
2. Amazon Prime
App Store Rating – 4.7/5
Play Store Rating – 4.3/5
Founded Year – 2005
Number of Subscribers – 150 million +
Available In – 17 Countries (Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, the UK, and the US.)
Plans – 30 days free trial. The standard plan for $119 per year and $59 for Amazon Prime Student. Stand-alone Amazon Video subscription costs $8.99 per month.
Amazon Prime is the top-rated OTT platform available under the eCommerce giant Amazon flagship. This isn’t your only OTT solution—once you become an Amazon Prime member, you’ll open a bag full of goodies in front of you. From scheduled prime delivery to special deals and offers, you can use almost every Amazon product with one membership. Just like Netflix, Amazon brings Original movies and web series along with numerous other content. Additionally, Amazon offers unlimited Music under one subscription. Due to this vast spectrum of services, Amazon Prime touched the $19.21 billion revenue mark in 2019.
- Under your one Amazon Prime membership, you’ll get Prime Video, Reading, Music, Pantry, Delivery, Gaming, and so much more.
- If you are a school or college student, you can receive a 50% discount on Amazon Prime membership.
- The popular Amazon Original shows are—The Tick, Bosch, Jack Ryan, The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Homecoming, The Man in the High Castle, Mozart in the Jungle, and many other regional shows and movies.
- For the original movie Manchester by the Sea, Amazon received the first Academy Award.
- Offers plenty of different services.
- Up to date library.
- Separate kids section.
- Free trial.
- Option to skip the intro.
- Special students discount.
- Easy to use.
- Region-specific content.
- No offline content download option.
App Store Rating – 4.5/5
Play Store Rating – 1.5/5
Founded Year – 2014
Number of Subscribers – 17.9 million+
Available In – United States, Canada, and Australia
Plans – With commercials $5.99 and $9.99 without commercials per month.
CBS All Access, or as Australians better known as 10 All Access, is a powerful OTT platform operated and owned by CBS Interactive. The platform offers a variety of original content, newly CBS aired programs, and the latest series from the Viacom CBS library. In the US, many local operators live stream CBS affiliate channels. However, if you look for the CBS All Access OTT platform after March 4, 2021, you won’t find as, under ViacomCBS expansion plan, it will be called Paramount+ that will be available in the international market.
- CBS All Access’s first original series was a new Star Trek series in 2017.
- You can watch live TV with your CBS subscription.
- Top 5 CBS All Access shows are—Star Trek: Discovery, UEFA Champions League, The Thomas John Experience, Big Brother, and RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- It can be simultaneously streamed on two screens under 720p resolution.
- Premium CBS shows collection.
- Live TV streaming.
- Affordable monthly rates.
- Only accessible to CBS programs.
- Some shows don’t include all episodes or seasons.
4. HBO Max
App Store Rating – 3/5
Play Store Rating – 3.5/5
Founded Year – 2020
Number of Subscribers – 12.6 million+
Available In – United States
Plans – $15 per month without a TV pack.
HBO Max is a new subscription-based OTT platform on which you can watch some of the critically acclaimed HBO movies and series. The video-on-demand portal is an addition to HBO’s regular premium channel subscription, launched to provide more services to customers than the regular HBO package doesn’t offer. This OTT platform has a refreshing and universal content that you can’t miss out on in 2022.
- HBO Max has something for everyone—from preschoolers to grown-ups. It is a complete family OTT.
- All the HBO Go account holders are upgraded to HBO Max as later is phased out, and HBO Now becomes just HBO.
- Except for Roku and PlayStation 5, it is available on all the leading platforms, including Amazon Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, Apple TV, etc.
- HBO Max library includes 10,000 hours of premium content at the time of launch—an entire original HBO series along with new Max Originals such as An American Pickle, Lovecraft Country, etc.
- Premium HBO content.
- For young kids not many options.
- HBO Max app needs some work.
- Too much expensive as compared to other OTTs.
App Store Rating – 4/5
Play Store Rating – 4/5
Founded Year – 2007
Number of Subscribers – 4.1 million +
Available In – the United States and Japan
Plans – Basic with ads ($5.99 per month), Premium ($11.99 per month), Basic + Live TV ($64.99 per month), and Premium + Live TV ($70.99 per month).
Hulu is a popular American on-demand video platform owned and controlled by The Walt Disney Company and NBC Universal. This is the must-watch OTT platform to enjoy the latest episodes of News Corporation, NBC Universal, Providence Equity Partners, and The Walt Disney Company series. In 2010, Hulu Plus became a subscription-based online content provider. Later on, in 2017, Hulu with Live TV—a complete OTT IPTV service was launched, which is highly watched in the USA and Japan, generating revenue of 1.46 billion in 2018.
- With Hulu + Live TV, you can stream 65+ leading Live and On-demand news, sports, and entertainment channels.
- You can watch Hulu content on two screens simultaneously.
- Record Live TV with 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage.
- You can stay updated with the breaking news from FOX News, CNN, and MSNBC.
- Hulu streams live games from major college and pro leagues, including the NCAA, NBA, NHL, NFL, the English Premier League, and more.
- A perfect blend of news, entertainment, and sports.
- Offers on-demand library.
- 50 hours of recording.
- Live TV.
- You need to upgrade to DVR for fast-forwarding commercials.
- Only two screens at one time unless you upgrade.
- Addons are expensive.
Let’s Subscriber Today!
Today, you have unlimited streaming available on all your gadgets without any cable. So, you should definitely seize this opportunity and subscribe to your preferred OTT platforms in 2022. We hope that our recommended top 5 OTT platforms have been exactly what you were looking for—do share your thoughts with us!
Google Chrome is the most popular, clean, and fast web browser of all time. On the top, several Google Chrome extensions are available to improve your browsing experience. Using the Chrome extensions, you can perform multiple operations without downloading a full program like password storage, control mouse gestures, run antivirus scans, and more. However, downloading […]
People use their Mac devices for various reasons, one of the most prominent ones being for browsing purposes. However, after visiting any website on the device, the browser version stores cache and other records of the query in the system. This affects the performance of the system as the excess records can lag the disk […]
Videos are one of the most popular media types among consumers currently, for posting promotional or informative content. This is why YouTube has one of the biggest user-bases currently, and people search for tools to easily download these files. However, YouTube features a strong algorithm and legal guidelines that stop people from downloading or using […]
ONLYOFFICE delivers the newest Docs v.7.0 with additional features, new upgrades, and a host of revisions for professional collaboration uses. (21 January, 2022)- Having a high-quality feature-rich office suite invigorates the productivity rate of companies, professionals, and even homeowners. ONLYOFFICE developers have therefore come up with the latest version of the DOCS online office suite. […]
Ever since WhatsApp launched its own Status feature, people are loving it. As we can add interesting images and videos to our WhatsApp Status to show it to others and also watch others’ status. But the problem often faced by the users is that WhatsApp does not have a Status saver option. So what do […]
It’s no secret that Covid-19 caught numerous businesses off guard in 2020, forcing employers to rapidly transition their staff from working on location to working remotely from home. Along with that transition will come the cybersecurity risks. Did you know that your company’s information can unintentionally be put at risk by you and your employees […]
For the continued safety of the digital system and files, many people download a third-party antivirus program into their device. These keep the system safe from security issues after an intricate scanning process. Windows devices can install options like Norton, Avast, or AVG for quick and efficient malware/virus detection. In many cases, the tag FileRepMalware […]
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) is expanding very quickly in the entire IT business. SaaS models are the first preferences of many enterprises because of their flexibility, cost-effectiveness and subscription-based model. In the pandemic, companies required the cloud network; thus, SaaS has only got growth and will be growing. Gartner and BMC have given highly optimized reports, according […]
In 2020, Apple’s M1 chip debuted and blew us all away with how much it improved performance and efficiency in the MacBook Air M1, Mac Mini M1, and MacBook Pro M1. Mac users were still on the M1 performance hangover when Apple launched M1 Pro and M1 Max with better performance promise. Both chips are […]
The ability to expand your product abroad requires software localization. Machine translators or proxy services can provide you with a surface level translation of your content, but this will not be nearly enough to make your product culturally appropriate or authentic in new markets. It’s also not a long-term answer if you want to expand […]