Top 5 OTT Platform to Make 2021 Full Entertaining
In the last few years, numerous new entertainment services are introduced, but the OTT, aka ‘Over The Top’ platform, is the most breakthrough service. OTT platforms broadcast content over the internet without any cable or DTH connection. With your internet network, you can stream content on your preferred OTT portal and get entertained anytime and anywhere. Nowadays, numerous OTT service providers are available in the market, which makes it hard to select the most entertaining platform. Therefore, we have shortlisted the best five OTT platforms to help you out.
5 Best OTT Platforms to Subscribe Today
If you want an unlimited supply of entertainment on your terms, we have just tested the different OTT platforms available around the globe for you and would like to present the awesome five OTT portals of 2021:
App Store Rating – 3.5/5
Play Store Rating – 4.4/5
Founded Year – 1997
Number of Subscribers – 203.7 million+
Available In – Worldwide (excluding mainland China, Syria, North Korea, and Crimea)
Plans – Streaming plans are between $1 to $14 per month.
Netflix is a leading American OTT platform and production company founded by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley, California. The company offers subscription-based online content, including the Orginal Netflix series. Initially, Netflix was a rental DVD sales business, but eventually, it turns into a mega content production and distribution hub, including—films, series, and even original content. In 2010, Netflix stepped foot out of America and started streaming in Canada, Latin America, and today, it is available in 190 countries. Overall, Netflix is ruling the global OTT platform market in 2021 with net revenue of $20.156 billion.
- Netflix started producing original content in 2011 with an hour-long political drama, House of Cards.
- Users can access Netflix website via the internet browser on their PCs, but the Netflix app can be easily accessed through Blu-ray Disc players, tablets, smartphones, and other gaming consoles.
- At the 90th Academy Awards, held on March 4, 2018, Netflix won the Oscar for Best Documentary Feature for the film Icarus.
- Netflix currently has to play exclusive deals for various leading production houses, including Warner Bros., Universal Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and The Walt Disney Studios.
- It can be streamed on all screen sizes.
- Netflix Original content is award-winning.
- Offers three different plans.
- Skip Intro option helps viewers skip unnecessary content.
- For Android and iOS offline play, the feature is available.
- Netflix won’t broadcast new episodes right away except for original content.
- It has an outdated library.
- Content available as per your location.
2. Amazon Prime
App Store Rating – 4.7/5
Play Store Rating – 4.3/5
Founded Year – 2005
Number of Subscribers – 150 million +
Available In – 17 Countries (Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, the UK, and the US.)
Plans – 30 days free trial. The standard plan for $119 per year and $59 for Amazon Prime Student. Stand-alone Amazon Video subscription costs $8.99 per month.
Amazon Prime is the top-rated OTT platform available under the eCommerce giant Amazon flagship. This isn’t your only OTT solution—once you become an Amazon Prime member, you’ll open a bag full of goodies in front of you. From scheduled prime delivery to special deals and offers, you can use almost every Amazon product with one membership. Just like Netflix, Amazon brings Original movies and web series along with numerous other content. Additionally, Amazon offers unlimited Music under one subscription. Due to this vast spectrum of services, Amazon Prime touched the $19.21 billion revenue mark in 2019.
- Under your one Amazon Prime membership, you’ll get Prime Video, Reading, Music, Pantry, Delivery, Gaming, and so much more.
- If you are a school or college student, you can receive a 50% discount on Amazon Prime membership.
- The popular Amazon Original shows are—The Tick, Bosch, Jack Ryan, The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Homecoming, The Man in the High Castle, Mozart in the Jungle, and many other regional shows and movies.
- For the original movie Manchester by the Sea, Amazon received the first Academy Award.
- Offers plenty of different services.
- Up to date library.
- Separate kids section.
- Free trial.
- Option to skip the intro.
- Special students discount.
- Easy to use.
- Region-specific content.
- No offline content download option.
App Store Rating – 4.5/5
Play Store Rating – 1.5/5
Founded Year – 2014
Number of Subscribers – 17.9 million+
Available In – United States, Canada, and Australia
Plans – With commercials $5.99 and $9.99 without commercials per month.
CBS All Access, or as Australians better known as 10 All Access, is a powerful OTT platform operated and owned by CBS Interactive. The platform offers a variety of original content, newly CBS aired programs, and the latest series from the Viacom CBS library. In the US, many local operators live stream CBS affiliate channels. However, if you look for the CBS All Access OTT platform after March 4, 2021, you won’t find as, under ViacomCBS expansion plan, it will be called Paramount+ that will be available in the international market.
- CBS All Access’s first original series was a new Star Trek series in 2017.
- You can watch live TV with your CBS subscription.
- Top 5 CBS All Access shows are—Star Trek: Discovery, UEFA Champions League, The Thomas John Experience, Big Brother, and RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- It can be simultaneously streamed on two screens under 720p resolution.
- Premium CBS shows collection.
- Live TV streaming.
- Affordable monthly rates.
- Only accessible to CBS programs.
- Some shows don’t include all episodes or seasons.
4. HBO Max
App Store Rating – 3/5
Play Store Rating – 3.5/5
Founded Year – 2020
Number of Subscribers – 12.6 million+
Available In – United States
Plans – $15 per month without a TV pack.
HBO Max is a new subscription-based OTT platform on which you can watch some of the critically acclaimed HBO movies and series. The video-on-demand portal is an addition to HBO’s regular premium channel subscription, launched to provide more services to customers than the regular HBO package doesn’t offer. This OTT platform has a refreshing and universal content that you can’t miss out on in 2021.
- HBO Max has something for everyone—from preschoolers to grown-ups. It is a complete family OTT.
- All the HBO Go account holders are upgraded to HBO Max as later is phased out, and HBO Now becomes just HBO.
- Except for Roku and PlayStation 5, it is available on all the leading platforms, including Amazon Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, Apple TV, etc.
- HBO Max library includes 10,000 hours of premium content at the time of launch—an entire original HBO series along with new Max Originals such as An American Pickle, Lovecraft Country, etc.
- Premium HBO content.
- For young kids not many options.
- HBO Max app needs some work.
- Too much expensive as compared to other OTTs.
App Store Rating – 4/5
Play Store Rating – 4/5
Founded Year – 2007
Number of Subscribers – 4.1 million +
Available In – the United States and Japan
Plans – Basic with ads ($5.99 per month), Premium ($11.99 per month), Basic + Live TV ($64.99 per month), and Premium + Live TV ($70.99 per month).
Hulu is a popular American on-demand video platform owned and controlled by The Walt Disney Company and NBC Universal. This is the must-watch OTT platform to enjoy the latest episodes of News Corporation, NBC Universal, Providence Equity Partners, and The Walt Disney Company series. In 2010, Hulu Plus became a subscription-based online content provider. Later on, in 2017, Hulu with Live TV—a complete OTT IPTV service was launched, which is highly watched in the USA and Japan, generating revenue of 1.46 billion in 2018.
- With Hulu + Live TV, you can stream 65+ leading Live and On-demand news, sports, and entertainment channels.
- You can watch Hulu content on two screens simultaneously.
- Record Live TV with 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage.
- You can stay updated with the breaking news from FOX News, CNN, and MSNBC.
- Hulu streams live games from major college and pro leagues, including the NCAA, NBA, NHL, NFL, the English Premier League, and more.
- A perfect blend of news, entertainment, and sports.
- Offers on-demand library.
- 50 hours of recording.
- Live TV.
- You need to upgrade to DVR for fast-forwarding commercials.
- Only two screens at one time unless you upgrade.
- Addons are expensive.
Let’s Subscriber Today!
Today, you have unlimited streaming available on all your gadgets without any cable. So, you should definitely seize this opportunity and subscribe to your preferred OTT platforms in 2021. We hope that our recommended top 5 OTT platforms have been exactly what you were looking for—do share your thoughts with us!
Do you want to sell a product or services online? But don’t want to deal with the eCommerce shop setting up hassles? Then, better learn how to sell on Instagram in 2021. You see people, Instagram has over 1 billion active users globally, out of which 110 million users are only from the United States. […]
In simple words, data security is paramount because it wins the customer’s trust when they have to share their information with a business. Regardless of the company size, data is important for all kinds of firms out there. To avoid any unforeseen event from taking place, businesses have to invest in several data privacy principles […]
We are sure that finding this article is itself a sense of relief as your deleted photos have a great sentimental value and they must be recovered back using a good photo recovery software. Whether your photos have been deleted from a computer, memory card, hard drive, SD card or a digital camera, you can […]
What are these incredible apps? It has been known for some time that the human body can heal itself and rebalance the hundreds of energy systems it uses to maintain wellbeing through stimulation coming from the outside world. Many new forms of technology are able to measure this balance and the changes that can happen […]
The competition in the world of business is more demanding than ever before. Startups, for example, encounter some trouble establishing their presence in the industry of their choice. Also, it is challenging to please customers these days. When running a business, your ultimate goal is to make noise in the market, increase online visibility, and […]
In the previous years, the majority of the consumers and businesses used unsustainable materials as if there will be no tomorrow. They just think for the present day without realizing that these unsustainable materials will not have a bad effect to the environment. But nowadays, there’s now the so-called “environmental awareness” which many people documented […]
There are a lot of unique features usually related to successful business people, including passion, confidence, and commitment. However, in today’s frenetic digital time, even the best person needs some help running a company. And with lots of helpful, reliable, and efficient data-driven tools and solutions for business at your disposal, why would you shoulder […]
Data pipeline works by a series of actions or steps of processing data. The process involves the ingestion of data from different sources then moving them to a destination in step by step manner. In each step, the output is formulated and goes on until completed. How does it work? As its name suggests, it […]
Installing a good quality security system for your home will provide you with several safety benefits.Modern smart security systems come with advanced technological features to enhance the safety and security of your home. Here are some of the benefits of installing a smart security system in your home. Deters Criminals Criminals search for loopholes in […]
Bulky files are a great hindrance when you have to transfer or move them. Plus, they unnecessarily take up more room on your hard disk and slow down its performance. But you can easily tackle large files by knowing how to compress files on your Mac. The compressed file bearing .zip extension lets you store […]
Outsourcing software project is very common among multinational companies across the world. How can outsourcing project work provide advantages to a multinational company? The above question is very common among newbies interested in internet marketing. Let’s see here are some of the main features and benefits of outsourcing software projects. Improving the accuracy of project […]
If you have a Windows 10 computer with an internet connection, you need to invest in the best antimalware for PC — no questions asked. You need antivirus software to safeguard your system and data from infinite cyber threats such as malware, ransomware, and more. Thankfully, most of the new PCs come with pre-installed antimalware […]
Parenting in the social media era isn’t easy. You have to find a way to protect your kids from numerous online vulnerabilities. Especially if your kid is on Instagram, you have to shield him or her from cyberbullies, fake accounts, adult content, and more threats. Unfortunately, setting up Instagram parental controls isn’t easy because Instagram […]
The Internet plays a great role in our lives and it is as important as any other necessity in our lives like we cannot imagine living without food and water. In 2021, we cannot imagine a world without the internet as we are getting a lot of benefit from it. When we talk about business, […]
If your iPhone’s memory is full or you wish to create a backup of your cherished photos, you should import all your iPhone photos to your PC. There are several quick solutions to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. In this post, the TC team went ahead and drafted a complete guide on how […]