Top 5 OTT Platform to Make 2021 Full Entertaining
In the last few years, numerous new entertainment services are introduced, but the OTT, aka ‘Over The Top’ platform, is the most breakthrough service. OTT platforms broadcast content over the internet without any cable or DTH connection. With your internet network, you can stream content on your preferred OTT portal and get entertained anytime and anywhere. Nowadays, numerous OTT service providers are available in the market, which makes it hard to select the most entertaining platform. Therefore, we have shortlisted the best five OTT platforms to help you out.
5 Best OTT Platforms to Subscribe Today
If you want an unlimited supply of entertainment on your terms, we have just tested the different OTT platforms available around the globe for you and would like to present the awesome five OTT portals of 2021:
App Store Rating – 3.5/5
Play Store Rating – 4.4/5
Founded Year – 1997
Number of Subscribers – 203.7 million+
Available In – Worldwide (excluding mainland China, Syria, North Korea, and Crimea)
Plans – Streaming plans are between $1 to $14 per month.
Netflix is a leading American OTT platform and production company founded by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley, California. The company offers subscription-based online content, including the Orginal Netflix series. Initially, Netflix was a rental DVD sales business, but eventually, it turns into a mega content production and distribution hub, including—films, series, and even original content. In 2010, Netflix stepped foot out of America and started streaming in Canada, Latin America, and today, it is available in 190 countries. Overall, Netflix is ruling the global OTT platform market in 2021 with net revenue of $20.156 billion.
- Netflix started producing original content in 2011 with an hour-long political drama, House of Cards.
- Users can access Netflix website via the internet browser on their PCs, but the Netflix app can be easily accessed through Blu-ray Disc players, tablets, smartphones, and other gaming consoles.
- At the 90th Academy Awards, held on March 4, 2018, Netflix won the Oscar for Best Documentary Feature for the film Icarus.
- Netflix currently has to play exclusive deals for various leading production houses, including Warner Bros., Universal Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and The Walt Disney Studios.
- It can be streamed on all screen sizes.
- Netflix Original content is award-winning.
- Offers three different plans.
- Skip Intro option helps viewers skip unnecessary content.
- For Android and iOS offline play, the feature is available.
- Netflix won’t broadcast new episodes right away except for original content.
- It has an outdated library.
- Content available as per your location.
2. Amazon Prime
App Store Rating – 4.7/5
Play Store Rating – 4.3/5
Founded Year – 2005
Number of Subscribers – 150 million +
Available In – 17 Countries (Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, the UK, and the US.)
Plans – 30 days free trial. The standard plan for $119 per year and $59 for Amazon Prime Student. Stand-alone Amazon Video subscription costs $8.99 per month.
Amazon Prime is the top-rated OTT platform available under the eCommerce giant Amazon flagship. This isn’t your only OTT solution—once you become an Amazon Prime member, you’ll open a bag full of goodies in front of you. From scheduled prime delivery to special deals and offers, you can use almost every Amazon product with one membership. Just like Netflix, Amazon brings Original movies and web series along with numerous other content. Additionally, Amazon offers unlimited Music under one subscription. Due to this vast spectrum of services, Amazon Prime touched the $19.21 billion revenue mark in 2019.
- Under your one Amazon Prime membership, you’ll get Prime Video, Reading, Music, Pantry, Delivery, Gaming, and so much more.
- If you are a school or college student, you can receive a 50% discount on Amazon Prime membership.
- The popular Amazon Original shows are—The Tick, Bosch, Jack Ryan, The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Homecoming, The Man in the High Castle, Mozart in the Jungle, and many other regional shows and movies.
- For the original movie Manchester by the Sea, Amazon received the first Academy Award.
- Offers plenty of different services.
- Up to date library.
- Separate kids section.
- Free trial.
- Option to skip the intro.
- Special students discount.
- Easy to use.
- Region-specific content.
- No offline content download option.
App Store Rating – 4.5/5
Play Store Rating – 1.5/5
Founded Year – 2014
Number of Subscribers – 17.9 million+
Available In – United States, Canada, and Australia
Plans – With commercials $5.99 and $9.99 without commercials per month.
CBS All Access, or as Australians better known as 10 All Access, is a powerful OTT platform operated and owned by CBS Interactive. The platform offers a variety of original content, newly CBS aired programs, and the latest series from the Viacom CBS library. In the US, many local operators live stream CBS affiliate channels. However, if you look for the CBS All Access OTT platform after March 4, 2021, you won’t find as, under ViacomCBS expansion plan, it will be called Paramount+ that will be available in the international market.
- CBS All Access’s first original series was a new Star Trek series in 2017.
- You can watch live TV with your CBS subscription.
- Top 5 CBS All Access shows are—Star Trek: Discovery, UEFA Champions League, The Thomas John Experience, Big Brother, and RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- It can be simultaneously streamed on two screens under 720p resolution.
- Premium CBS shows collection.
- Live TV streaming.
- Affordable monthly rates.
- Only accessible to CBS programs.
- Some shows don’t include all episodes or seasons.
4. HBO Max
App Store Rating – 3/5
Play Store Rating – 3.5/5
Founded Year – 2020
Number of Subscribers – 12.6 million+
Available In – United States
Plans – $15 per month without a TV pack.
HBO Max is a new subscription-based OTT platform on which you can watch some of the critically acclaimed HBO movies and series. The video-on-demand portal is an addition to HBO’s regular premium channel subscription, launched to provide more services to customers than the regular HBO package doesn’t offer. This OTT platform has a refreshing and universal content that you can’t miss out on in 2021.
- HBO Max has something for everyone—from preschoolers to grown-ups. It is a complete family OTT.
- All the HBO Go account holders are upgraded to HBO Max as later is phased out, and HBO Now becomes just HBO.
- Except for Roku and PlayStation 5, it is available on all the leading platforms, including Amazon Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, Apple TV, etc.
- HBO Max library includes 10,000 hours of premium content at the time of launch—an entire original HBO series along with new Max Originals such as An American Pickle, Lovecraft Country, etc.
- Premium HBO content.
- For young kids not many options.
- HBO Max app needs some work.
- Too much expensive as compared to other OTTs.
App Store Rating – 4/5
Play Store Rating – 4/5
Founded Year – 2007
Number of Subscribers – 4.1 million +
Available In – the United States and Japan
Plans – Basic with ads ($5.99 per month), Premium ($11.99 per month), Basic + Live TV ($64.99 per month), and Premium + Live TV ($70.99 per month).
Hulu is a popular American on-demand video platform owned and controlled by The Walt Disney Company and NBC Universal. This is the must-watch OTT platform to enjoy the latest episodes of News Corporation, NBC Universal, Providence Equity Partners, and The Walt Disney Company series. In 2010, Hulu Plus became a subscription-based online content provider. Later on, in 2017, Hulu with Live TV—a complete OTT IPTV service was launched, which is highly watched in the USA and Japan, generating revenue of 1.46 billion in 2018.
- With Hulu + Live TV, you can stream 65+ leading Live and On-demand news, sports, and entertainment channels.
- You can watch Hulu content on two screens simultaneously.
- Record Live TV with 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage.
- You can stay updated with the breaking news from FOX News, CNN, and MSNBC.
- Hulu streams live games from major college and pro leagues, including the NCAA, NBA, NHL, NFL, the English Premier League, and more.
- A perfect blend of news, entertainment, and sports.
- Offers on-demand library.
- 50 hours of recording.
- Live TV.
- You need to upgrade to DVR for fast-forwarding commercials.
- Only two screens at one time unless you upgrade.
- Addons are expensive.
Let’s Subscriber Today!
Today, you have unlimited streaming available on all your gadgets without any cable. So, you should definitely seize this opportunity and subscribe to your preferred OTT platforms in 2021. We hope that our recommended top 5 OTT platforms have been exactly what you were looking for—do share your thoughts with us!
Finally, iOS 15 is now available to download, and it has brought many surprises along. The biggest iOS 15 surprise is that now Apple users can FaceTime with non-Apple users. Yep, you no longer need to use Zoom or Microsoft Teams to make video calls. Instead, Apple has allowed people to join a FaceTime call […]
We all want to secure our remote access for daily needs & projects. But how to get it done is a big question. Using a VPN this problem can be easily solved as it creates an encrypted tunnel to secure network connection. Acronym for Virtual Private Network (VPN) hides IP addresses allowing users to navigate […]
Are you looking for the best lead generation software? Then don’t look for the tool that can boost your sales or customer base. In fact, search for the tool that can integrate your CRM software for better KPIs and analytics. Lead capture software can do a lot more than improving your sales or traffic. It […]
Be it product branding or marketing; labels play a significant role in selling a product. In fact, the label helps to distinguish your products from others. Therefore, the designing and printing of your product label need to be perfect. And for this, we will talk about the best 5 label designing and printing software in […]
The following apps are tops. They have become popular with Android, so if you’re on the lookout for good and useful applications, it may be that you have a few of these apps already. There are many amazing apps for Android in the market but a few outshine the rest. Just about everyone finds these […]
While scrolling through Netflix, do you feel you’ve seen it all? Well, if that’s the case let us add some spice to it and shed new light on streaming services, gaming, Blu-rays, etc. Wondering how that would be possible? Well, using Light Mi Neo the best and pocket-friendly alternative to Philips’s sync box you can […]
We are living in an era where many platforms give you a space to create different kinds of content and there are different ways through which you can showcase your skills and talent and can earn a pretty good amount of money. You won’t be just earning money but you will also learn a lot […]
Due to recent events, the way people meet and greet has totally changed. Now, you no longer find dates or make friends in social gatherings or via mutual friends. Today, everything is virtual — from work to making new friends. Therefore, virtual dating and chat apps are getting highly popular these days. Among all the […]
Do you have a genuine reason to hack someone’s Instagram password? For instance, you want to keep an eye on your teen’s Instagram activities; your friend has forgotten his or her IG password or something else. Here if you have a legitimate reason to hack Instagram password, there are numerous legal Instagram password cracker tools […]
If you are wondering that augmented reality-based applications are still very far in the future, you are wrong. Today, AR-oriented websites and mobile applications are being developed rapidly; just look at the Apple 12 or EaseUS MobiMover websites to check mind-blowing AR effects. Additionally, users are nowadays looking for more realistic and personalized experiences from […]
Whether you want to follow the latest trends or wish to engage with your Instagram followers, IG Reels can help you with everything. But what if Instagram Reels are not working for you? Sounds scary! But it is possible. Despite Instagram being one of the most popular photos sharing platforms, it still faces numerous technical […]
Wireless earbuds are hot items these days, especially after Apple’s AirPods popularity. Now, to stimulate the wireless connectivity industry, xFyro has also introduced new ANC earbuds. The company claims to develop fully waterproof, 8-hour long battery life and superior HD sound quality powered with AI-technology earbuds. The product seems amazing from the company’s briefing, but […]
We’d like to welcome you to The Elder Scrolls Online’s Nightblade leveling guide! The build is intended to assist anyone who is upgrading a Nightblade in order to become a Magicka damage dealer. This isn’t a typical “leveling procedure,” but rather a structure that shows some of the most common constructions for this role. This […]
Apple TV is one of the finest streaming devices available, supporting SD, HD, and 4K resolutions. But why should you get it? Let’s find out! Apple just upgraded the Apple TV 4K, which means you can now view models from 2017 and 2021. But what is the difference and is it worthwhile to upgrade from […]
If one thing associated with Covid-19 outbreak that made life easier for people is evolution in video & digital platforms. Working and studying from home has seen a surge in demand for more quality videos. Recorded lectures, presentations, and other forms of video content are easily available now in HD quality, thanks to video editing […]