The Biggest Cybersecurity Threats of 2019
We use electronic devices such as computers, tablet PCs, and computers almost every day for various purposes. Since we generally connect to internet to access information, we’re at a threat of cyber attacks while doing so. Ransomware attacks happened in the last couple of years have wreaked havoc in the cyberspace. Now, everyone is bothered about such vulnerabilities of your devices and networks. In order to protect ourselves, we must first educate ourselves with the right type of information regarding the security threats that are expected to happen in the near future.
Top 5 Security Threats of 2019
To secure yourself, you need to take precautionary measure which may help you combat cyber threats. Here’s a look at the 5 prominent security threats of 2019.
- Cryptojacking your devices: If you wonder whether it’s a real term, we assure that it is. Cryptojacking is a cunning process practiced by numerous hackers where they hijack your device and use its resources to mine Cryptocurrency. While most of such practices are being utilized for criminal activities, your device loses the hardware power you need for daily usage. Furthermore, cryptojacking involves injecting malicious scripts into your device. Such scripts may cause serious damage to your personal information and files. Some cyber experts estimate that such type of attacks has already exceeded the ransomware attacks in numbers.
Also Read: How Hackers Can Send Virus Through WhatsApp
- Ransomware attacks targeting Cloud Space: Usually, cloud storage solutions are considered to be more reliable and safer than local storage. But, that might be about to change, as hackers have already targeted exploiting cloud storage services. In such type of attacks, the number of ransomware attacks has been rapidly rising in the recent times. Such phenomenon is a nightmare for many individuals and cyber security experts. If such attacks continue to rise in numbers, major data breaches are expected to happen this year. Experts from MIT have already stated that ransomware attacks on cloud storage services are one of the biggest security threats of 2018.
- AI backed cyber attacks: The introduction of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning has completely revolutionized our technology spectrum. But, this same exact aspect is being taken advantage by the cyber criminals. Many hackers have already begun practicing automated cyber attacks with the help of AI. Now, cyber criminals can simply automated the process of malware and ransomware attacks through Artificial Intelligence. Many cybersecurity firms are bothered about this phenomenon, which is constantly rising in the recent past.
- Cyber-physical Attacks: If you already don’t know, there’s a new player in the game. Cyber criminals have now expanded their horizon by targeting physical devices such as electric grids and transportation systems. If this situation gets out of control, it may lead to devastating effects. Not only cyber security firms, even governments are also highly concerned about this new breed of attacks. 2018 is going to be a roller-coaster ride for cyber experts that are supposed to fight such attacks.
- More and More Data Leaks: Usually, data leaks in the past didn’t really produce disastrous effects. But, the world has recently learned about the Cambridge Analytica and similar data leaks. Such major data breaches create long-lasting effects on our society, as they’re supposedly used for manipulating public relations and elections. Cyber security professionals expect a steady rise in such type of data leaks in 2018, which is why every individual must be vigilant about their online information.
As our technology is constantly being expanded, cyber criminals are also developing their techniques to exploit corporate and commoners likewise. Every person must be very careful about their digital activity. To do so, you must be knowledgeable about the cyber security and threats involved for careless activities. Since the above-mentioned are the biggest security threats of 2019, try not to become the next victim of such attacks by taking proper precautionary methods and maintaining careful digital life.
The train journey is a wholesome experience. Getting to know different places, meeting new people, lazy talks, speed rush, and so much more. Now, imagine what if you get all the train experience while sitting at your home? Cool, right? By playing train games on your iOS gadgets, you can ride, drive or perform stunts […]
The simulation gaming genre is hard to ignore in 2021. A game that can lift the barrier between real life and virtual life. These games can stimulate your senses and let you live your gaming fantasies. Simulator games are a perfect combination of fun and technology that you can’t afford to miss out on. Today, […]
Are you finally ready to optimize your website? Ready to create a user-friendly website that can dramatically increase your sales? Then, you must have already gone through all the amazing A/B testing tools available in the market. You know the UX A/B testing software market wasn’t that crowded a few years back. There were only […]
Are you running an online store? Then, dispatching items, tracking deliveries, taking returns, and managing stock must give you a terrible migraine. But, not anymore! With the best warehouse management software in 2021, you can efficiently manage all warehouse operations with ease. WMS software will reduce manual labor and improve customer services in no time. […]
Are you an architect, interior designer, or just a hobbyist? You need 3D architecture software to conceptualize your building or home design ideas. Plus, do you know how quick and accurate models you can create with 3D printing? If not, let us help you find the best architecture design software in 2021. With the right […]
Billing and invoicing is a hard business. Creating invoices, sending them, and following up on unpaid bills can take up a lot of time. On the top, recurring bills and invoices can definitely lose you money without even realizing it. Billing and invoicing software are the perfect alternatives to your old accounting system. Using billing […]
Accounting is a very broad spectrum revolving around numerous financial operations. Accounts payable management is one of the crucial accounting operations to maintain a proper cash flow system. AP teams processes, records, and ensure to pay vendors on time. The accounts payable software can fully automate manual data entry work. Additionally, AP software helps with […]
Whether you are a solopreneur or a corporate leader, undoubtedly, you need the best payroll management software to smoothly run your business. HR payroll software helps in saving time, efforts and keeping your staff happy. Plus, payroll software ensures that you meet all the tax compliance. If you haven’t yet selected the suitable payroll software […]
Health is Wealth — we all know that! Unfortunately, not many people still pay attention to their medication and take their prescribed pills on time. Often work schedules and home chores take all your attention that you don’t remember to take your medicines on time. If that always happens with you, technology has invented a […]
Now that your iPhone storage is almost full and the easiest way to free up some space is to move your large files from iPhone to your Mac. Videos occupy fair share of total storage space and it is wise to move these large files to your Mac so that you give your iOS device […]