The Biggest Cybersecurity Threats of 2019
We use electronic devices such as computers, tablet PCs, and computers almost every day for various purposes. Since we generally connect to internet to access information, we’re at a threat of cyber attacks while doing so. Ransomware attacks happened in the last couple of years have wreaked havoc in the cyberspace. Now, everyone is bothered about such vulnerabilities of your devices and networks. In order to protect ourselves, we must first educate ourselves with the right type of information regarding the security threats that are expected to happen in the near future.
Top 5 Security Threats of 2019
To secure yourself, you need to take precautionary measure which may help you combat cyber threats. Here’s a look at the 5 prominent security threats of 2019.
- Cryptojacking your devices: If you wonder whether it’s a real term, we assure that it is. Cryptojacking is a cunning process practiced by numerous hackers where they hijack your device and use its resources to mine Cryptocurrency. While most of such practices are being utilized for criminal activities, your device loses the hardware power you need for daily usage. Furthermore, cryptojacking involves injecting malicious scripts into your device. Such scripts may cause serious damage to your personal information and files. Some cyber experts estimate that such type of attacks has already exceeded the ransomware attacks in numbers.
- Ransomware attacks targeting Cloud Space: Usually, cloud storage solutions are considered to be more reliable and safer than local storage. But, that might be about to change, as hackers have already targeted exploiting cloud storage services. In such type of attacks, the number of ransomware attacks has been rapidly rising in the recent times. Such phenomenon is a nightmare for many individuals and cyber security experts. If such attacks continue to rise in numbers, major data breaches are expected to happen this year. Experts from MIT have already stated that ransomware attacks on cloud storage services are one of the biggest security threats of 2018.
- AI backed cyber attacks: The introduction of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning has completely revolutionized our technology spectrum. But, this same exact aspect is being taken advantage by the cyber criminals. Many hackers have already begun practicing automated cyber attacks with the help of AI. Now, cyber criminals can simply automated the process of malware and ransomware attacks through Artificial Intelligence. Many cybersecurity firms are bothered about this phenomenon, which is constantly rising in the recent past.
- Cyber-physical Attacks: If you already don’t know, there’s a new player in the game. Cyber criminals have now expanded their horizon by targeting physical devices such as electric grids and transportation systems. If this situation gets out of control, it may lead to devastating effects. Not only cyber security firms, even governments are also highly concerned about this new breed of attacks. 2018 is going to be a roller-coaster ride for cyber experts that are supposed to fight such attacks.
- More and More Data Leaks: Usually, data leaks in the past didn’t really produce disastrous effects. But, the world has recently learned about the Cambridge Analytica and similar data leaks. Such major data breaches create long-lasting effects on our society, as they’re supposedly used for manipulating public relations and elections. Cyber security professionals expect a steady rise in such type of data leaks in 2018, which is why every individual must be vigilant about their online information.
As our technology is constantly being expanded, cyber criminals are also developing their techniques to exploit corporate and commoners likewise. Every person must be very careful about their digital activity. To do so, you must be knowledgeable about the cyber security and threats involved for careless activities. Since the above-mentioned are the biggest security threats of 2019, try not to become the next victim of such attacks by taking proper precautionary methods and maintaining careful digital life.
How to Fix the “Network Discovery is Turned Off” Error on Windows 11/10
Introduction: Among many common Windows errors, the “network discovery is turned off” error is an annoying obstacle that disrupts your workflow. Whether you’re trying to share files, stream media, or access shared printers, encountering this error can be perplexing and disruptive. The good news is that understanding the causes and solutions for this error can […]
How to Use the New Bing With ChatGPT
Introduction: Gone are the days of sifting through endless search results. With Bing, powered with ChatGPT, you can now ask questions in plain language and receive instant, personalized answers tailored to your needs. It’s like having a conversation with a knowledgeable search assistant right at your fingertips. So, agree or not, you are definitely in […]
How to Use Split Screen on a Mac
Introduction: In today’s fast-paced digital world, maximizing productivity is the key. Period. And being able to juggle multiple tasks seamlessly is a skill worth mastering. If you’re a Mac user looking to boost your multitasking abilities, you’re in luck. Apple’s macOS offers a powerful feature known as Split Screen, which allows you to effortlessly divide […]
How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11
Introduction: In the world of productivity, every single second counts. The last thing anyone wants is to be hindered by unnecessary obstacles while using their computer. One such obstacle is the lock screen that appears every time you wake up your Windows device. Though it may appear as a minor inconvenience, those valuable seconds spent […]
How to Find Your iPhone From an Android Device?
Introduction Mobile phones are the necessary daily gadget that functions the maximum amount of work for the user and help to communicate with people. It will be a disaster if you lose your iPhone anywhere on the street or office and have no idea how to recover it. Mostly you will panic and return to […]
How to Create a Custom Map in Google Maps
Introduction You may create Google custom maps that do not appear on anyone’s page by going to maps.google.com and using one of the many available choices. You do not need specialized software to make a unique map for you or someone else. All you require is Google Maps, which enables you to create a personalized […]
How to Repair Your Own iPhone
Introduction You can consider some DIY actions if your Apple device is not functioning as it once did or if your screen or another piece of the system is physically damaged. You may repair your iPhone yourself using these suggestions. You can fix an iPhone on your own using one of two methods. Purchasing new […]
The 5 Best Gaming Laptops in 2023
Introduction Are you looking for the best laptop to play high-specification games? Technology Industries have been producing revolutionary products in gaming PCs and Laptops. People invest a tremendous amount in building a gaming pc, so it requires multiple accessories to play the game. In contrast, gaming laptops are changing the aspect of the gaming experience. […]
How To Detect And Remove Keylogger From Windows PC?
Introduction Keyloggers are a famous tool hackers use to obtain passwords and other sensitive data. All they need is access to the device to detect keylogger in Windows PC. Once set up, the keylogger will operate silently in the background and capture the keystrokes you make on a physical or virtual keyboard. There are various […]
The Top Ten AI Chatbots: ChatGPT Alternatives for 2023
Introduction You may use the ChatGPT text maker to generate any script by putting the required word into the search box and browsing the likely answers. The machine heavily utilizes online data to discern the intricacies of the basic human-written text. We are now determining its ideal use cases for ChatGPT, a well-liked chatbot with […]