The Biggest Cybersecurity Threats of 2019
We use electronic devices such as computers, tablet PCs, and computers almost every day for various purposes. Since we generally connect to internet to access information, we’re at a threat of cyber attacks while doing so. Ransomware attacks happened in the last couple of years have wreaked havoc in the cyberspace. Now, everyone is bothered about such vulnerabilities of your devices and networks. In order to protect ourselves, we must first educate ourselves with the right type of information regarding the security threats that are expected to happen in the near future.
Top 5 Security Threats of 2019
To secure yourself, you need to take precautionary measure which may help you combat cyber threats. Here’s a look at the 5 prominent security threats of 2019.
- Cryptojacking your devices: If you wonder whether it’s a real term, we assure that it is. Cryptojacking is a cunning process practiced by numerous hackers where they hijack your device and use its resources to mine Cryptocurrency. While most of such practices are being utilized for criminal activities, your device loses the hardware power you need for daily usage. Furthermore, cryptojacking involves injecting malicious scripts into your device. Such scripts may cause serious damage to your personal information and files. Some cyber experts estimate that such type of attacks has already exceeded the ransomware attacks in numbers.
Also Read: How Hackers Can Send Virus Through WhatsApp
- Ransomware attacks targeting Cloud Space: Usually, cloud storage solutions are considered to be more reliable and safer than local storage. But, that might be about to change, as hackers have already targeted exploiting cloud storage services. In such type of attacks, the number of ransomware attacks has been rapidly rising in the recent times. Such phenomenon is a nightmare for many individuals and cyber security experts. If such attacks continue to rise in numbers, major data breaches are expected to happen this year. Experts from MIT have already stated that ransomware attacks on cloud storage services are one of the biggest security threats of 2018.
- AI backed cyber attacks: The introduction of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning has completely revolutionized our technology spectrum. But, this same exact aspect is being taken advantage by the cyber criminals. Many hackers have already begun practicing automated cyber attacks with the help of AI. Now, cyber criminals can simply automated the process of malware and ransomware attacks through Artificial Intelligence. Many cybersecurity firms are bothered about this phenomenon, which is constantly rising in the recent past.
- Cyber-physical Attacks: If you already don’t know, there’s a new player in the game. Cyber criminals have now expanded their horizon by targeting physical devices such as electric grids and transportation systems. If this situation gets out of control, it may lead to devastating effects. Not only cyber security firms, even governments are also highly concerned about this new breed of attacks. 2018 is going to be a roller-coaster ride for cyber experts that are supposed to fight such attacks.
- More and More Data Leaks: Usually, data leaks in the past didn’t really produce disastrous effects. But, the world has recently learned about the Cambridge Analytica and similar data leaks. Such major data breaches create long-lasting effects on our society, as they’re supposedly used for manipulating public relations and elections. Cyber security professionals expect a steady rise in such type of data leaks in 2018, which is why every individual must be vigilant about their online information.
As our technology is constantly being expanded, cyber criminals are also developing their techniques to exploit corporate and commoners likewise. Every person must be very careful about their digital activity. To do so, you must be knowledgeable about the cyber security and threats involved for careless activities. Since the above-mentioned are the biggest security threats of 2019, try not to become the next victim of such attacks by taking proper precautionary methods and maintaining careful digital life.
What is internet security? Internet security and network security refer to the same thing. However, internet security is slightly different from cybersecurity. In truth, it won’t be wrong to say that internet security is just but a segment of cybersecurity. It is prudent that you clearly understand the distinction between the two. By definition, […]
There are times when you’re listening to your favorite song. And when you hear the verse or chorus that you love the most, you wish you could set it as a ringtone for your iPhone. There are also times when you’re at a public place, and a phone starts to ring that sounds just similar […]
The expectations and excitement we see around artificial intelligence (AI) today are amazingly overwhelming. We’ll be talking to our computers soon. Is this so and how real is all this? As an industry student of technology, I can say that we are going through a rather interesting stage, when, on the one hand, the hype […]
Dr.Fone is a complete utility software hub. It has Data Recovery, System Repair, Screen Unlock, Phone Manager, and many other tools for iOS users. However, today, the TC team would like to share Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS) tool review with our readers and disclose many new things about the program. So, let’s check out […]
The use of computerized innovation in the medical services area has changed significantly all through the world. Consolidating software with healthcare services is so useful to the clinical area that it resembles joining two of the most impressive energies into one. As displayed during this frightful pandemic, ongoing enhancements in healthcare software can assist with […]
If you have just upgraded your macOS Monterey 12 to find your Mac is also lagging, getting stuck, or running slow, you have come to the right place. Here we will discuss quick troubleshooting tips to get your Mac back on track. Before we get into details, let us try to understand the root of […]
Data is essential for all; be it a home user or professional, all want to keep their data safe. However, due to unforeseen situations, primarily due to human error, we lose important data. This is when data recovery tools come to play. Using them, you can get deleted or missing files back. But with so […]
Is Bluetooth on Windows 11 giving issues? You have come to the right place. In this post, we will discuss how to fix Windows 11 Bluetooth not working. Generally, the Bluetooth problems are caused due to some software issues, but they can also be related to hardware malfunctioning. Therefore, before we get into details, let […]
Are you facing connectivity issues? Follow these instructions to reset network settings on your Windows 11 and fix the connectivity problems. The network settings on the PC manages internet connectivity. However, in some cases, due to outdated network adapters and incompatible configuration issues like slow connection and dropped connection, no wireless connectivity occurs. If you […]
As the cybersecurity needs of users are growing, Bitdefender has come up with comprehensive Internet security software that is designed to keep you safe 24/7. Bitdefender Internet Security is a one-stop solution for all your security needs. We’ve got a chance to test this powerful tool and to check its compatibility with other security solutions […]
Is Microsoft’s digital assistant bothering you? Do you want to uninstall it? You’ve come to the right place; here, we will explain removing Cortana on Windows 11. Although Microsoft doesn’t give a straightforward way to uninstall it, there are still ways. Why Uninstall Cortana? It is not like Microsoft’s cloud-based digital assistant; Cortana takes too […]
Technology is advancing at an alarming rate, with most people jumping onto the new trend without fully understanding what these advancements entail or the consequences. It is also a widely known fact that many people do not read the terms and conditions of the new apps. So, the following seven apps will help you keep […]
Most students find it hard to write a comprehensive academic essay within the given timeframe. It becomes quite challenging and equally stressful to complete the assigned task, especially when the deadline is near. However, there are certainapps for writing essaysthat will help you deliver top-quality assignments. Best Essay Writing Apps to Improve Writing Skills There […]
Today’s security professionals have become familiar with the idea that every organization has an attack surface that describes its global exposure to threats against internal and cloud applications, devices, users, and data. The attack surface grows as greater connectivity, cloud applications and myriad new types of device are adopted as an organization expands its digital […]
Worldwide, more and more people are doing what they can to protect themselves and their data. Considering we live in a world that is so connected, with everything from work to our social lives and entertainment happening online, protection is a must. Staying safe online isn’t as difficult as you think either; it just requires […]