The Biggest Cybersecurity Threats of 2019
We use electronic devices such as computers, tablet PCs, and computers almost every day for various purposes. Since we generally connect to internet to access information, we’re at a threat of cyber attacks while doing so. Ransomware attacks happened in the last couple of years have wreaked havoc in the cyberspace. Now, everyone is bothered about such vulnerabilities of your devices and networks. In order to protect ourselves, we must first educate ourselves with the right type of information regarding the security threats that are expected to happen in the near future.
Top 5 Security Threats of 2019
To secure yourself, you need to take precautionary measure which may help you combat cyber threats. Here’s a look at the 5 prominent security threats of 2019.
- Cryptojacking your devices: If you wonder whether it’s a real term, we assure that it is. Cryptojacking is a cunning process practiced by numerous hackers where they hijack your device and use its resources to mine Cryptocurrency. While most of such practices are being utilized for criminal activities, your device loses the hardware power you need for daily usage. Furthermore, cryptojacking involves injecting malicious scripts into your device. Such scripts may cause serious damage to your personal information and files. Some cyber experts estimate that such type of attacks has already exceeded the ransomware attacks in numbers.
Also Read: How Hackers Can Send Virus Through WhatsApp
- Ransomware attacks targeting Cloud Space: Usually, cloud storage solutions are considered to be more reliable and safer than local storage. But, that might be about to change, as hackers have already targeted exploiting cloud storage services. In such type of attacks, the number of ransomware attacks has been rapidly rising in the recent times. Such phenomenon is a nightmare for many individuals and cyber security experts. If such attacks continue to rise in numbers, major data breaches are expected to happen this year. Experts from MIT have already stated that ransomware attacks on cloud storage services are one of the biggest security threats of 2018.
- AI backed cyber attacks: The introduction of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning has completely revolutionized our technology spectrum. But, this same exact aspect is being taken advantage by the cyber criminals. Many hackers have already begun practicing automated cyber attacks with the help of AI. Now, cyber criminals can simply automated the process of malware and ransomware attacks through Artificial Intelligence. Many cybersecurity firms are bothered about this phenomenon, which is constantly rising in the recent past.
- Cyber-physical Attacks: If you already don’t know, there’s a new player in the game. Cyber criminals have now expanded their horizon by targeting physical devices such as electric grids and transportation systems. If this situation gets out of control, it may lead to devastating effects. Not only cyber security firms, even governments are also highly concerned about this new breed of attacks. 2018 is going to be a roller-coaster ride for cyber experts that are supposed to fight such attacks.
- More and More Data Leaks: Usually, data leaks in the past didn’t really produce disastrous effects. But, the world has recently learned about the Cambridge Analytica and similar data leaks. Such major data breaches create long-lasting effects on our society, as they’re supposedly used for manipulating public relations and elections. Cyber security professionals expect a steady rise in such type of data leaks in 2018, which is why every individual must be vigilant about their online information.
As our technology is constantly being expanded, cyber criminals are also developing their techniques to exploit corporate and commoners likewise. Every person must be very careful about their digital activity. To do so, you must be knowledgeable about the cyber security and threats involved for careless activities. Since the above-mentioned are the biggest security threats of 2019, try not to become the next victim of such attacks by taking proper precautionary methods and maintaining careful digital life.
Want to access geo-restricted sites, but don’t want to get into the nitty-gritty of technicalities? You are in luck. ClearVPN is just the right VPN for you. Unlike other VPNs in the market, ClearVPN lets you choose the activity you wish to perform, not the server. This makes using both a VPN and staying secure […]
Of course, you’ve spent a lot of money for your new Mac, and we understand how it can be frustrating when you see it starts working slow or any other unusual things happen, like an unexpected crash of apps. What happened with the expensive device and how to stop and prevent this problem? In our […]
Human nature is defined as the constant struggle of man and woman to fulfill their immediate needs, wants, and desires. Once that list is achieved, we want more and in a consumer-dominated world, there is nothing better than that. You may be a fan of fast internet speeds, however, you would also need other perks […]
Identity theft – what is it and how to protect yourself? At a time when there is an unlimited amount of information available to the individual via the Internet, and the development of technology and the increasingly complex operation of the public and social life require the exchange of large quantities of data, the right […]
Blockchain technology has advanced significantly since the launch of cryptocurrency in 2008. Today, entrepreneurs in various industries have embraced its value and technological advantage, trying to appropriate it for advancing their competitive edge on the market. Besides, blockchain may open up new doors due to its dispersed and flexible nature, helping companies through transparency, privacy, […]
Are you contemplating software expansion? The complexity of programming necessitates the need for an expert programmer. While anyone can pass out as a developer, it will help if you research the leading destinations to outsource software development specialists. This article factors in everything you need to know when looking for a software developer. Factors to […]
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]