AMP, which stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages is a unique and innovative technology that’s making the internet better. Most of us own a smartphone and browse the web almost every day. But, to be honest, you can’t get the complete experience of internet surfing through your mobile device. There are certain limitations which makes it not as good as browsing internet from your PC.
But, to change that, AMP was introduced and it has already been proven a massive success. Basically, AMP is the technology that helps you optimize your website or web pages, so that they’re much convenient for mobile browsing. If you run a website, you must really consider implementing AMP. Do you want to know why?! Well, keep on reading and learn why you should convert your web pages into AMP.
Read Also: What is the Timeframe to See the SEO Results
7 Best Benefits of AMP for your Website
Basically, AMP works when you involve a new coding language, AMP HTML and optimize your web pages to perform better and offer enhanced performance. Continue reading and find out the benefits of AMP for your website:
- Superfast Mobile Pages: Well, the name itself states that there’s some acceleration going on. AMP offers up to 85% website loading speeds compared to the normal web pages. This would definitely make your readers comfortable, as no one wants to wait ages for the website to load.
- Many surveys have concluded that most of the people abandon a website if it is taking more than 3 seconds to load. So, yeah, your website will be very much benefited by this technology.
- Compatible with any Browser: When you optimize your website with AMP, it will be compatible with almost any web browser. Because, this technology lets your website adjust to the browsers framework easily.
- So, your website can be accessed in the same manner no matter what the user’s browser is. Nowadays, there are tons of web browsers being used by the mobile internet users. So, AMP website would definitely make everyone happy and comfortable at the same time.
- Better SEO scores: To be precise, AMP is not directly related to your website’s SEO score. But, search engines do like websites that load faster. So, in an indirect way, this technology will be responsible for your website’s performance in search engine rankings.
- If you do the other SEO things the right way, along with implementing this, your website will definitely be rewarded with better search engine rankings. Additionally, make sure that the media files you upload to your website are not too heavy.
- Low Bounce Rates: Every webmaster aims to lower down the average bounce rate of their websites. Higher bounce rates basically explain that your website is not attractive as it should be. Here, many factors may contribute to this phenomenon. Bringing down the website loading speed with the help of AMP will definitely help you lower the bounce rate. The more time your visitors spend on your website, the more benefits you will get.
- Better Performing Ads: Well, almost every website owner tries to monetize their website. The best way to do it is through advertisements from various ad networks such as Google Adwords. Usually, if your website is not optimized for mobile browsing, these advertisements may take up long time to load, which may affect their performance. With Accelerated Mobile Pages, you can enhance the performance of your website ads, as this technology helps them load faster. By doing so, you’re basically improving the exposure of these ads to your users.
- Improved Data Consumption: Everyone who uses the internet likes to spend their data conservatively. If your website consumes less data comparatively, then it would definitely impress your visitors. AMP does exactly that, as it gets rid of all the heavy scripts and media files which take up a lot of data. Furthermore, the user can also install your website as a dedicated app on the home screen of their mobile without even having to visit play store and download it from there.
- No Sitemap: If you hate creating sitemap for your web pages every time you create one, you need to go with the Alternative Mobile Pages. Because, if you do that, you don’t really have to create an XML sitemap, as Google itself picks them up without any effort from you.
Read Also : The 5 Best Digital Marketing Trends for 2019
There are numerous benefits of AMP for your website and you’ve just learned about some of the best among them. The technology is moving forward and so should you. Try to implement AMP for your website and reap the benefits out of it. Comment below if you’ve got any doubts or opinions regarding this.