Digital Marketing: The Definition Of Marketing and the Impact Of Digital Media On Marketing
Marketing can be defined as actively promoting the services and products a business has to offer to its customers. This is done by keeping in mind market supply and customer demand. Marketing is now not looked at as just a door to door to sales. It is much more than that. Marketing is now an effort in keeping a balance between customer demand and satisfaction.
Digital marketing channels:
Channel is the digital media used to reach out to people in general or any consumer in particular. There are several digital marketing channels:
- Website marketing: A website is the hub of all digital marketing activities. When a website is fast, user- friendly and overall easy to use, it is an advantage. Website is a very powerful channel for a variety of marketing campaigns to be carried out. Forms a clear impression of a product, brand or service.
- Pay per click advertising: This utilizes paid notices which can be set up on various computerized stages. Missions can be set up on different web-based media wherein clients looking for an item or administration can be isolated based on interests and other segment qualities.
- Content marketing: As the name proposes, content is utilized to connect with possible clients. Content promoting utilizes various instruments like websites, eBooks, digital broadcasts, online courses, online courses and Infographics. This showcasing, the substance is generally distributed on a site and afterwards advanced through online media sites, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Pay per Click advertising.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is a very effective way of digital marketing. Using other digital marketing channels, people interested in a particular brand are added to a mailing list. These people can be potential customers. Through email marketing, these leads are used to reach them.
- Social Media Marketing: Brand awareness and social trust are important aspects of social media marketing. There are third party platforms such as those that help in buying social services and likes for example, that can help in social media marketing.
- Affiliate marketing: This happens to be one of the oldest forms of marketing. Affiliate marketing is when a commission is earned on the sales made on a product or the number of leads introduced.
- Video marketing: Video marketing has picked up a lot. There are several video marketing platforms. Maximum success comes by putting together content and video marketing along with Search Engine Optimization.
- SMS: Short Messaging Service is also used for promotional activities. It is also widely used by political parties in their campaigns during elections.
Challenges posed by digital marketing:
As technology advances, digital marketers have to keep up with the improvements in technology. With the increasing number of online advertisements, it is important to capture and retain the attention of consumers.
Content Marketing- It is a more complex part of the marketing system. Creating content worth the attention and time of the reader and making your website more common in the search engine’s results is the crux of Content Marketing. It is more about claiming the quality of your product and brimming up your website with posts, blogs, and videos that retain the reader’s interest, which can then turn into a customer.
Types of marketing
1. Email Marketing– It is a way to stay connected with a customer. Keeping the customers informed regarding new offers or discounts or new launches relative to a purchase made in the past creates a more intimate relationship with the customer.
2.Affiliate Marketing– The term itself refers to affiliation; when a company collaborates with some other company in the context of advertising its products while sharing a decided percentage of commission, it reduces a load of publicity and endorsements, thus benefits both the parties and is a win-win situation.
3.Influencer Marketing-The most common and also successful way of marketing is influencer marketing. Here a company uses the influence of most popular celebrities or sites that are veterans in their field and relatable to the product.
Digital marketing is very different from traditional marketing. It has taken people, consumers and companies, a long way. It is easier than door to door sales. With the increasing competition, it has put the creative abilities of digital marketers to another test. Reaching out to the consumers and retaining them is vital.