How To Watch Youtube On TV
Take your YouTube stream to the next level in your living room.
Are you happy with YouTube being a snack-sized place for videos? Or do you want to make it more than that?
If your answer is yes, we know how you can make more out of it and make YouTube a substantial entertainment resource that costs nothing. This post will explain how to find interesting videos on YouTube and watch YouTube on TV.
Note: To watch YouTube on television, you need to have a smart TV.
How to watch YouTube on your TV?
Steps to watch YouTube on TV when using the YouTube app on the smartphone.
To watch YouTube on your TV, follow the steps below:
- Launch the YouTube app on your television.
- Next, launch the YouTube app on your smartphone.
- Tap the three horizontal lines present in the top right corner of your YouTube app > Settings.
- Tap Watch on TV. If you pair the television earlier, your TV will start playing YouTube.
- If you are pairing the television for the first time, you’ll get a numeric code on the TV, enter it into the app, and link the TV. Once this is done, you can start watching YouTube on television and control the videos on your smartphone.
Steps to use YouTube on your TV when using it on computer
- Visit www.youtube.com/pair
- Launch the YouTube app on your television.
- Enter the code on the TV when you get the message Enter TV code.
- That’s it; you are all set. You can now watch any YouTube video on your television and change the video via the remote.
However, if you don’t have a smart TV, then? No worries, we have got you covered. Here, we will discuss how to watch YouTube on TV without a smart TV.
Note: To watch YouTube TV on a non-smart TV, you can use external devices like Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, or a gaming console that you can convert into a smart TV.
- Download the YouTube app if you don’t have one. You can download the YouTube app from the Store app.
- Sign in to the YouTube app > connect it to the same Wi-Fi networks as your TV or gaming console
- Once selected, launch the YouTube app and follow on-screen instructions to sign in.
- Select Sign in on your TV and log in using your Google account.
- Sign in with a web browser (make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.)
- Once you are connected to the same network, head to https://youtube.com/activate and enter the code you see on your TV.
- Now, that you are signed in, you are ready to use your smart TV remote control or game controller to select the video. Using the same remote, you can pause or skip videos.
Steps to play YouTube TV using Chromecast
A TV with an HDMI port.
A Google Chromecast.
Wi-Fi in your home. Both your Chromecast and device should be connected to the same network.
- Once you have all the requirements fulfilled, set up your Chromecast. For this, plug the Chromecast into an HDMI port and in the power socket.
- Get Chromecast online and follow on-screen instructions to see how to use Chromecast.
- Launch YouTube app on your phone and start casting YouTube videos.
- To cast YouTube from a web browser open Google Chrome on the web browser and head to https://www.youtube.com
- Tap the cast icon. When using Google Chrome, click the three dots > select Cast to start scanning.
- Select your Chromecast. If Chromecast is not visible, make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Now, start watching YouTube videos on TV.
Using these simple steps, you can easily watch YouTube videos on TV. Whether you are using a smart TV or not, it doesn’t matter; the above steps will help play YouTube videos on both a smart TV and a television connected to a streaming device.
Duplicate files accumulate as a digital junk on your device that not only occupies precious storage space but it also affects your device performance negatively. Duplicate files accumulate on your device due to various reasons like same file downloading for multiple times, data backup, file sharing via different apps, due to thumbnails and other reasons. […]
iPhone X was much touted device of 2017 with a lot of speculations and expectations. Hence, Apple has tried to put some amazing features to it like Face ID but everything wasn’t sorted when users started using this device. Here, various iPhone X problems have started occurring over time. In this article, we have discussed […]
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a process of designing machines that have the ability to think in a certain way and react to the situation. Here, it is the intelligence of the machines which makes tasks easy for human. You may like it or not but AI could be used for anything say it for Google’s […]
Your powerful Windows computer may start crawling over time when not taken care of properly. Sluggish Windows performance is a common issue most users face after a period of time. The primary reasons behind it include a lot of junk files, obsolete apps & programs, virus issues, outdated software, outdated drivers, and more. While we […]
Lot is slated for 2018 when it comes to launch of new tech products. Here, users are waiting for new mobiles, laptops, smart TVs, smart watches, smart cars, audio & music systems, VRs, GPS devices, smart glasses and what not. Though 2017 alone have offered most advanced gadgets and gears still the wait is on […]
Duplicate contacts on any device cause a lot of trouble, as it not only increases contact search time, but it also occupies precious device resources. Here, identical contacts may accumulate due to various reasons like contacts sharing, contact backup, and other reasons. One possible way to find, delete and merge duplicate contacts is to use […]
Apple offers numerous effective security features built-in on every Mac to keep it safe from malware attacks or other cyber threats. These security features not only help you protect your system from various known & unknown cyber threats but it also helps you improve your system performance. In addition to these built-in features on your […]
The recent malware attacks around the world have made users more vigilant against this emerging threat. The best anti-malware software for Windows 10/8/7 offers an easy and secure way to keep your data safe in 2021. These advanced security tools work on smart algorithms to provide comprehensive protection against virus and malware threats. Best Anti-Malware […]
When smartphones are considered to be mini-computers that hold lot of your important data from pictures, videos to important documents, it sounds sensible to keep your smartphone device protected with all necessary features. Further, knowing the unimaginable value of data kept on your Android device, it becomes important to keep it safe from all possible […]
So, the Cryptocurrency is everywhere! Yeah! We are talking right and it is literally on boom! You can find people talking about this phenomenon all around you in the cab, school, college, office, informal chats and almost everywhere. No wonder it deserves the hype as it is not only much talked about topic but it […]
Ransomware isn’t a new threat to the cyber world as its traces goes back to more than a decade now. It has affected users around the world on mass level duping millions of dollars in ransom and causing a serious threat to data security. But what makes ransomware-as-a-service (RaaS) distribution model reprehensible is, it has […]
Apple devices tend to perform seamless no matter you are on Mac, iPad, desktop or iPhone. These systems are designed meticulously to perform tasks in an effortless manner. Further, you can find all useful features built-in on your Apple device to deal with all performance issues. It helps you manage over occupied storage space, helps […]
Android device rallied the Microsoft Windows platform but for mobile devices. Similar to Windows platform which has huge customer base due to its easy and user-friendly experience, Android also enjoys the same comfort from users around the world. Due to open source platform, Android offers tremendous features to users with greater control to tweak […]
Microsoft Windows was invented to help users perform various virtual tasks seamlessly. This simple yet powerful platform offers you numerous features & functionalities to perform almost any task. In fact, it has covered a long journey from the first version of Windows 1.0 back in 1985. Today, Windows 10 offers you a potent platform to […]
Apple offers some potent computing machines in the form of Mac. Mac offers numerous useful features & functionalities for seamless performance. You can invest into these machines for improved user experience and power packed features. Despite having a reputation of powerful and potent machines still, Macs are not immune to some basic computer problems. These […]