How To Watch Youtube On TV
Take your YouTube stream to the next level in your living room.
Are you happy with YouTube being a snack-sized place for videos? Or do you want to make it more than that?
If your answer is yes, we know how you can make more out of it and make YouTube a substantial entertainment resource that costs nothing. This post will explain how to find interesting videos on YouTube and watch YouTube on TV.
Note: To watch YouTube on television, you need to have a smart TV.
How to watch YouTube on your TV?
Steps to watch YouTube on TV when using the YouTube app on the smartphone.
To watch YouTube on your TV, follow the steps below:
- Launch the YouTube app on your television.
- Next, launch the YouTube app on your smartphone.
- Tap the three horizontal lines present in the top right corner of your YouTube app > Settings.
- Tap Watch on TV. If you pair the television earlier, your TV will start playing YouTube.
- If you are pairing the television for the first time, you’ll get a numeric code on the TV, enter it into the app, and link the TV. Once this is done, you can start watching YouTube on television and control the videos on your smartphone.
Steps to use YouTube on your TV when using it on computer
- Visit www.youtube.com/pair
- Launch the YouTube app on your television.
- Enter the code on the TV when you get the message Enter TV code.
- That’s it; you are all set. You can now watch any YouTube video on your television and change the video via the remote.
However, if you don’t have a smart TV, then? No worries, we have got you covered. Here, we will discuss how to watch YouTube on TV without a smart TV.
Note: To watch YouTube TV on a non-smart TV, you can use external devices like Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, or a gaming console that you can convert into a smart TV.
- Download the YouTube app if you don’t have one. You can download the YouTube app from the Store app.
- Sign in to the YouTube app > connect it to the same Wi-Fi networks as your TV or gaming console
- Once selected, launch the YouTube app and follow on-screen instructions to sign in.
- Select Sign in on your TV and log in using your Google account.
- Sign in with a web browser (make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.)
- Once you are connected to the same network, head to https://youtube.com/activate and enter the code you see on your TV.
- Now, that you are signed in, you are ready to use your smart TV remote control or game controller to select the video. Using the same remote, you can pause or skip videos.
Steps to play YouTube TV using Chromecast
A TV with an HDMI port.
A Google Chromecast.
Wi-Fi in your home. Both your Chromecast and device should be connected to the same network.
- Once you have all the requirements fulfilled, set up your Chromecast. For this, plug the Chromecast into an HDMI port and in the power socket.
- Get Chromecast online and follow on-screen instructions to see how to use Chromecast.
- Launch YouTube app on your phone and start casting YouTube videos.
- To cast YouTube from a web browser open Google Chrome on the web browser and head to https://www.youtube.com
- Tap the cast icon. When using Google Chrome, click the three dots > select Cast to start scanning.
- Select your Chromecast. If Chromecast is not visible, make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Now, start watching YouTube videos on TV.
Using these simple steps, you can easily watch YouTube videos on TV. Whether you are using a smart TV or not, it doesn’t matter; the above steps will help play YouTube videos on both a smart TV and a television connected to a streaming device.
Digital Well-being is an essential health aspect that you need to take care of. It is very important to understand that mobile phones should not be used so much that it becomes a threat to your social life. Additionally, with several applications that are interesting, you could get addicted to using your mobile. However, to […]
Security and privacy are the two main challenges of any modern digitized system. While data is vulnerable during the transfer from one system to another, unauthorized access compromises the privacy of the crucial information. Hence, the IT world is struggling to develop modern tools and technologies that add an extra layer to the existing security […]
Undoubtedly, Windows 10 is one of the fastest and robust operating systems. But over time, Windows 10 PCs start to slow down due to malware attacks, less disk space, heavy temp files, and so on. There’s nothing to worry about if your Windows 10 PC is also running at a bulk cart speed. You can […]
A Mac’s HD display with brilliant colors is the ideal partner for every digital designer. In addition, employing the best-in-class art programs on the computer will satisfy your desire to create fantastic art. However, suppose professional drawing programs like Adobe Illustrator and Corel Painter are too expensive for you. In that case, you may need […]
Many users know that Windows 11 is a free upgrade to Windows 10 users. However, there is the need for the product key when the activation is lost after switching from Windows 10 to Windows 11. It is easy to find the Windows 11 product key using different methods. There are four different ways to […]
At some point in an individual’s work life, we all had to stay up late to complete a project assignment. However, with the exhaustion of working so much, we doze off after some time, leaving our work and computer on. When this occurs, you awaken several hours afterwards to find that the pc has been […]
Ever since the public introduction of Windows 11, we’ve seen it gradually mature further towards the operating system that it is presently. Microsoft is working hard to give Windows 11 a next-generation experience, as well as new updates, are being released as a result. So now, emoticons in Windows 11 have been updated. Microsoft later […]
Have you clicked a stellar image with your iPhone and now want to upload it on your website or edit it? Then, you can easily transfer your iPhone photos to your Mac to edit them with robust MacOS editing tools and further upload them on the web. Transferring photos from iPhone to Mac can save […]
If you haven’t set up iCloud on your Mac yet, do it now. iCloud is a powerful cloud storage service for Apple users that allow people to back up and synchronize email, photos, contacts, and other files across various devices. iCloud service was introduced in 2011, and it supports MacOS 10.7 or higher. As of […]
Computers are a very personal thing today. They store all your private documents, photos, videos, and other data. Thus, giving your Mac password to someone else is never a good idea. But what if you have to share your Mac with a colleague or friend for some reason? Sharing Mac’s user password can jeopardize your […]