How To Watch Youtube On TV
Take your YouTube stream to the next level in your living room.
Are you happy with YouTube being a snack-sized place for videos? Or do you want to make it more than that?
If your answer is yes, we know how you can make more out of it and make YouTube a substantial entertainment resource that costs nothing. This post will explain how to find interesting videos on YouTube and watch YouTube on TV.
Note: To watch YouTube on television, you need to have a smart TV.
How to watch YouTube on your TV?
Steps to watch YouTube on TV when using the YouTube app on the smartphone.
To watch YouTube on your TV, follow the steps below:
- Launch the YouTube app on your television.
- Next, launch the YouTube app on your smartphone.
- Tap the three horizontal lines present in the top right corner of your YouTube app > Settings.
- Tap Watch on TV. If you pair the television earlier, your TV will start playing YouTube.
- If you are pairing the television for the first time, you’ll get a numeric code on the TV, enter it into the app, and link the TV. Once this is done, you can start watching YouTube on television and control the videos on your smartphone.
Steps to use YouTube on your TV when using it on computer
- Visit www.youtube.com/pair
- Launch the YouTube app on your television.
- Enter the code on the TV when you get the message Enter TV code.
- That’s it; you are all set. You can now watch any YouTube video on your television and change the video via the remote.
However, if you don’t have a smart TV, then? No worries, we have got you covered. Here, we will discuss how to watch YouTube on TV without a smart TV.
Note: To watch YouTube TV on a non-smart TV, you can use external devices like Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, or a gaming console that you can convert into a smart TV.
- Download the YouTube app if you don’t have one. You can download the YouTube app from the Store app.
- Sign in to the YouTube app > connect it to the same Wi-Fi networks as your TV or gaming console
- Once selected, launch the YouTube app and follow on-screen instructions to sign in.
- Select Sign in on your TV and log in using your Google account.
- Sign in with a web browser (make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.)
- Once you are connected to the same network, head to https://youtube.com/activate and enter the code you see on your TV.
- Now, that you are signed in, you are ready to use your smart TV remote control or game controller to select the video. Using the same remote, you can pause or skip videos.
Steps to play YouTube TV using Chromecast
A TV with an HDMI port.
A Google Chromecast.
Wi-Fi in your home. Both your Chromecast and device should be connected to the same network.
- Once you have all the requirements fulfilled, set up your Chromecast. For this, plug the Chromecast into an HDMI port and in the power socket.
- Get Chromecast online and follow on-screen instructions to see how to use Chromecast.
- Launch YouTube app on your phone and start casting YouTube videos.
- To cast YouTube from a web browser open Google Chrome on the web browser and head to https://www.youtube.com
- Tap the cast icon. When using Google Chrome, click the three dots > select Cast to start scanning.
- Select your Chromecast. If Chromecast is not visible, make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Now, start watching YouTube videos on TV.
Using these simple steps, you can easily watch YouTube videos on TV. Whether you are using a smart TV or not, it doesn’t matter; the above steps will help play YouTube videos on both a smart TV and a television connected to a streaming device.
It’s literally impossible to run a business without a digital presence nowadays. Twenty years ago, the internet was just one of the ways that prospective clients could learn about your product. Now, it’s almost impossible to imagine that someone will learn about your brand somewhere else. Thus, you need to make sure that your business […]
With more than 122 million users accessing YouTube daily, the video streaming service has been an undisputed winner. However, every once in a while, a YouTube channel posts inappropriate content or something you might not like. If you understand what we are saying, we are sailing in the same boat. In this post, we will […]
If you live in a home with more than one person, you need unlimited residential Internet. Between video calling, texting, phone calls and streaming, chances are that you and your family use the Internet a lot. Without unlimited Internet, you may experience lag times in your favourite shows, dropped calls, and unsent messages. The best […]
There can be numerous reasons due to which you would like to take a screenshot on Windows 11. It can be to capture a web page, an image you want, or collect some decent quotations. Perhaps, it can be to create a presentation, no matter what the reason is, there are several different ways to […]
What is internet security? Internet security and network security refer to the same thing. However, internet security is slightly different from cybersecurity. In truth, it won’t be wrong to say that internet security is just but a segment of cybersecurity. It is prudent that you clearly understand the distinction between the two. By definition, […]
There are times when you’re listening to your favorite song. And when you hear the verse or chorus that you love the most, you wish you could set it as a ringtone for your iPhone. There are also times when you’re at a public place, and a phone starts to ring that sounds just similar […]
The expectations and excitement we see around artificial intelligence (AI) today are amazingly overwhelming. We’ll be talking to our computers soon. Is this so and how real is all this? As an industry student of technology, I can say that we are going through a rather interesting stage, when, on the one hand, the hype […]
Dr.Fone is a complete utility software hub. It has Data Recovery, System Repair, Screen Unlock, Phone Manager, and many other tools for iOS users. However, today, the TC team would like to share Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS) tool review with our readers and disclose many new things about the program. So, let’s check out […]
The use of computerized innovation in the medical services area has changed significantly all through the world. Consolidating software with healthcare services is so useful to the clinical area that it resembles joining two of the most impressive energies into one. As displayed during this frightful pandemic, ongoing enhancements in healthcare software can assist with […]
If you have just upgraded your macOS Monterey 12 to find your Mac is also lagging, getting stuck, or running slow, you have come to the right place. Here we will discuss quick troubleshooting tips to get your Mac back on track. Before we get into details, let us try to understand the root of […]
Data is essential for all; be it a home user or professional, all want to keep their data safe. However, due to unforeseen situations, primarily due to human error, we lose important data. This is when data recovery tools come to play. Using them, you can get deleted or missing files back. But with so […]
Is Bluetooth on Windows 11 giving issues? You have come to the right place. In this post, we will discuss how to fix Windows 11 Bluetooth not working. Generally, the Bluetooth problems are caused due to some software issues, but they can also be related to hardware malfunctioning. Therefore, before we get into details, let […]
Are you facing connectivity issues? Follow these instructions to reset network settings on your Windows 11 and fix the connectivity problems. The network settings on the PC manages internet connectivity. However, in some cases, due to outdated network adapters and incompatible configuration issues like slow connection and dropped connection, no wireless connectivity occurs. If you […]
As the cybersecurity needs of users are growing, Bitdefender has come up with comprehensive Internet security software that is designed to keep you safe 24/7. Bitdefender Internet Security is a one-stop solution for all your security needs. We’ve got a chance to test this powerful tool and to check its compatibility with other security solutions […]
Is Microsoft’s digital assistant bothering you? Do you want to uninstall it? You’ve come to the right place; here, we will explain removing Cortana on Windows 11. Although Microsoft doesn’t give a straightforward way to uninstall it, there are still ways. Why Uninstall Cortana? It is not like Microsoft’s cloud-based digital assistant; Cortana takes too […]