How to upgrade to Windows 11 for free
Windows 11 offers the ultimate experience to the users and comes with multiple features. Hence, all devices require an updated version of Windows for seamless operations. Many times a user has to go to purchase the costly Windows 11. Due to the cost constraints, it is not feasible for all Windows users to purchase the costly Windows 11. This calls for the only feasible option to get Windows 11- update. Let us help you go through the top ways to upgrade your existing Windows to Windows 11, and that too for free.
Compatibility test for Windows 11:
Before jumping to the top ways to upgrade your Windows to Windows 11, it is crucial to run a Windows compatibility test. It confirms that the existing Windows 10 is compatible for upgrading to Windows 11. This compatibility test is completed using Microsoft’s PC Health Check Tool. The quick steps for running a compatibility test are:
- Locate the Windows 11 specifications page.
- Go to the bottom of the Windows 11 specifications page and look for the “Check for compatibility” option.
- Go to the “Download PC Health Check App” link and install the program on the system.
- Go to the “Click Now” button.
- A message will flash on the screen indicating that the system is ready for Windows 11 update and is meeting all the desired requirements.
Checking for update availability on existing Windows:
Once the results from the Windows compatibility test are clear, the next step is to check the availability of the Windows 11 update from the parent organization. Microsoft is planning to roll out Windows 11 compatible updates to all Windows 10 users, and hence it is crucial to check if this company update is available on your system.
It is easy to check this Windows update by following the simple steps, which are:
- Open the settings on your Windows 10 system.
- Go to the “Update & Security” option.
- Click on the “Windows Update” and then go for the “Check for updates” option.
- A message will indicate if Windows 11 update is available on your system or not.
If Windows 11 update is not available on the system, you may have to upgrade your Windows 10 to Windows 11 in other ways. Let us go through the top free methods to achieve the same.
Top ways to upgrade to Windows 11 for free:
Once system Windows 11 compatibility test has shown negative results and even the Windows 11 updates are not available from the Microsoft side, there are top three ways to upgrade to Windows 11. These are:
- Using Installation Assistant
- Using Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool
- Using Disk Image
Let us know all about these methods one-by-one:
Using Installation Assistant:
Windows 11 installation assistant keeps all settings, files, and apps of Windows 10 intact with an option to change if required by the user. It is easy to locate the Installation Assistant in the following ways:
- Go to the “Download Windows 11 page.”
- Go to the “Windows 11 Installation Assistant” section.
- Click on the “Download Now” button.
- The file is downloaded as “Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe in the system.
- It is easy to run the download by going to the “Accept and Install” button.
- Windows 11 installation assistant will then upgrade to Windows 11.
The best part of using Windows 11 installation assistant is that the user can easily work on the system during download and installation. Once the installation is complete, the user is prompted to restart the system with a timer for the same. It offers 30 minutes wait time to save important work before completing the initiation process. It is easy to sign in to Windows again once system reboots properly with Windows 11. The final setup is confirmed with Windows 11 desktop on the system.
Using Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool:
Microsoft’s media creation tool is a dedicated program that enables the creation of installation media for the new operating system.
- Go to the Download Windows 11 page.
- Locate the “Create Windows 11 Installation Media” and click the “Download Now” button.
- A file with the name “MediaCreationToolW11.exe” is saved.
- Run the “MediaCreationToolW11.exe” file and accept the license terms.
- The next step is to confirm the language and edition of Windows required.
- There are options to burn the installation files on a disk, generate an ISO file, or copy the installation files to a USB drive.
For USB drive:
- Start by downloading the necessary Windows 11 installation file.
- Copy these files to USB drive.
- Open the USB drive and double-click on the “setup.exe” file to initiate the upgrade.
For ISO file:
- Find the location to save the ISO file and rename the file.
- Installation files are hence saved on the system as ISO files.
- Go to “File Explorer.”
- Double-click the ISO file to open and then double-click on the setup.exe file.
- Go to the “Next” option to check any possible Windows 11 update and accept license terms.
- The “ready to install” screen offers options to change or keep the files or personal folders.
- Go to the “Next” option and then go for “Install” to complete the update.
Using Disk Image:
Disk image offers a direct download of Windows 11 in the form of an ISO file. The same can be achieved using the following steps:
- Go to the “Download Windows 11 page.”
- Click on the “Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)” option.
- Go to the drop-down menu and go to the “Windows 11” option.
- Choose the product language and go to the “confirm” option.
- Select the “download” option to get the Windows 11 ISO file.
- Double-click on the Windows 11 ISO file and then repeat for the setup.exe file.
- Go to the “Next” option on the screen and check for any updates if available and download the same to Windows 11.
- Go to the “Ready to Install” screen to check that Windows 11 are installed properly.
- All personal apps and files are kept by default only and can be altered using the “Change” option. It gives the option to select the “Personal files only” or “Nothing” option.
- Go to the “Next” option and “Install” to run Windows 11 upgrade.
- A quick system restart ensures that Windows 11 is working on your system.
While many systems come with a pre-installed Windows 11, the upgrade is the only option for persons looking to enjoy the best benefits of Windows 11 without spending high on its costs. The different ways for a quick update like using Installation assistant, Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool, and Disk Image ensure that every willing user can get the best out of Windows 11.
Since its launch in 2016, WhatsApp desktop has become an internal part of the personal and professional lives of the modern population. As a result, users often need to open WhatsApp desktop to keep in touch with crucial notifications and messages without using mobile. However, this transition of WhatsApp from mobile to desktop is not […]
Most modern operating systems, like Windows 10, work smoothly on different devices. However, some errors may enter the device, which may cause it to malfunction or start creating issues with its features. For example, while every Windows 10 device offers seamless internet connectivity through Wi-Fi, users may have to face the issue of Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting […]
Web designers have been used for decades now to help companies and individuals build an online presence. They are different from programmers since they are the ones that make a website usable and don’t really deal with the code that makes it run. They can be quite expensive to hire to help you make a […]
You wrote an awesome idea in the Notes app, but when you try to access it on your Mac or iPhone, it’s gone! So, what is the reason for this? It’s primarily due to Apple Notes not syncing data between iPhone and Mac. Don’t be concerned. We faced a similar issue and were able to […]
Windows offer an in-built feature of remote desktop to allow a seamless connection between a remote PC and host system. It is widely used in remote assistance and remote working. Windows 11 and 10 users often feel the need to use a remote desktop which may create issues due to different reasons. Hence, many face […]
Introduction Gaming is among the most popular activities for many people, and multiple options are available across devices. Among them, racing simulation, be it extreme car racing themed or arcade/cart-based games, are one of the top sub-categories. On PlayStation PS4, users can expect a high-quality experience with these games, with detailed visuals and top-grade performance/speed. […]
Connecting to the internet is the primary need of multiple Windows 11 and 10 devices. Systems facing issues connecting with Wi-Fi need to look for the alternatives like mobile data. With USB tethering as the key alternative to the seamless Wi-Fi connection, USB tethering, when not working, can be highly irritating and must be immediately fixed. […]
Every app, simple or complex, goes through a specific development process. This process ensures that the app meets the client’s needs and satisfies the end user. Ultimately, each step—no matter how small—is essential to the app’s overall success. Read on for six must-do processes when building a successful application. Test the app Testing is a […]
With multiplayer games becoming increasingly popular worldwide, many game developers have focused on the Action and Adventure genres. Among these, Battle Royale games like PubG have gotten much attention, which is why Kinetic Games has released Phasmophobia, a multiplayer horror game. This game has been prereleased as an early access game, which means that specific […]
Google Chrome includes a file downloader module that allows you to download various types of files (images, documents, zips, executables, audio files, and so on) from the internet. Chrome not only downloads files but also performs a quick virus and malware scan on them. Unfortunately, the virus scan feature can begin to behave strangely and […]