How to recover deleted videos on your iPhone
How often have you accidentally pressed the delete button on your iPhone while watching a video?
How many times could you find a video on your iPhone that you downloaded last night?
These are some of the most common scenarios when you cannot find any trace of videos on your iPhone. Either you delete them accidentally, or they automatically get deleted due to internal and technical glitches. Regardless, it can create many problems, especially if the video is of utmost importance, like your office presentation video or your favorite movie.
So, it’s better to know more about how to recover deleted videos on iPhone beforehand. The following article will introduce the best ways to recover video files quickly without facing any more hassle.
When do videos get deleted from iPhones?
Several scenarios are there when the videos can get deleted from your iPhone. Here are some of the instances where you can recover the files quickly.
- You deleted the videos accidentally from the media library on your iPhone.
- If the video you downloaded is corrupted or has any viruses, you won’t be able to find the video on your phone.
- Formatting your gallery or file manager can also delete the videos from your phone.
- If the iOS crashes suddenly, your videos can get deleted.
- You have deleted or updated iCloud (the cloud storage in iPhone).
How to recover the deleted videos on your iPhone?
You can recover deleted videos on your iPhone in many ways. But not all of them guarantee you can find the files or restore the original and uncorrupted media version. So, below are some of the proven ways to do so.
Method 1: Recovering deleted videos from iCloud
One of the best ways to recover deleted videos from your iPhone is through cloud storage from Apple iCloud. Follow these steps to proceed further accurately.
- Open iStock on your laptop or PC.
- Login to your account using the correct credentials and navigate to the Recently Deleted album present on the sidebar.
- All the files deleted from your iPhone will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, select the videos you want to recover from this list.
- Once done, click on Recover and wait for the process to get over. Then, you can choose the location where you want to export the deleted videos.
- After 100% success, navigate to the concerned location, and you will find all the videos.
Method 2: Recovering videos from a Recently Deleted folder on iPhone
Whenever any file is deleted from your phone, it gets stored in a Recently Deleted folder. It has an expiry period, after which the videos will be deleted permanently. So, you must try this method only if you recently deleted the videos from your iPhone, like the previous day or the day before yesterday.
- Open the Photos application on your iOS device.
- Now, open the Albums tab from the top and scroll down.
- There you will find a folder named Recently Deleted.
- You will find all the recently deleted files here. Select the videos you want to recover and click the Recover button at the bottom right corner.
- The chosen video files will be restored and found in the Photos app.
Method 3: Recovering the videos from iTunes
Sometimes, your phone can create a backup copy of all the files on your MacBook the video files in the iTunes folder. So, recovering permanently deleted videos from iPhone is easier in this way.
- First, you need to connect your iPhone to the MacBook.
- A pop-up button will appear on the success of the connection. Next, click the device icon and navigate to Sync Settings on the screen.
- A summary page will open up with three sections.
- In the Backup section, select the first point stating “Back Up The Most Important Data on Your iPhone to iCloud”.
- Click on the Restore Backup option to begin the process. You can find all the files on your iPhone upon completion of the restoration process.
Method 4: Using a data recovery software
If no backup is created in iCloud or iTunes, you can recover permanently deleted videos on your iPhone using the data recovery software. There are many such programs you can find on the internet. So, choose reliable software that won’t corrupt the restored video file.
We hope this guide clarifies how to recover permanently deleted videos on iPhone when there is a backup or when there isn’t. Based on the most convenient process, you can return all the deleted videos. However, if the video gets deleted 30 days or more, the chances of finding the backup file are less. In that case, you can use premium data recovery software.
Explore a comprehensive comparison between CCleaner VS Advanced SystemCare, two leading system optimization tools. Discover their features, functionalities, and performance to make an informed choice.
Discover the top 10 CCleaner alternatives for Mac in 2023. Explore a range of efficient, user-friendly programs like CCleaner for Mac tailored for a seamless macOS experience.
Discover the top 15 free live wallpaper apps for Windows 10 & 11 PC! Elevate your desktop experience with these dynamic and stunning wallpapers. Find the perfect app to personalize your desktop.
How to fix Unknown USB Device error which is also famous as Device Descriptor Request Failed error on Windows 11 and Windows 10 PC.
When you secure college admission to pursue a degree or diploma of your choice, what often comes to your mind? Except for those who got a chance to study in a specific university due to talent, especially sports, a significant proportion of students will want to land a well-paying job, whereas a few might opt […]
Fix the error “Windows Has Stopped this Device because it has Reported Problems” or Code 43 error on Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Here are the best script writing software which can help you write amazing stuff. These software to write scripts can make the process convenient for you.
n: CleanMyMac X is offering an exclusive 30% discount for Black Friday only. Get the top Mac optimization software at an unbeatable price. Learn about the powerful features of CleanMyMac X and why you should grab this 1-day deal.
Unsure when it’s time to seek professional help for resolving the application error (0xc0000005)? This blog post has got you covered with clear guidance and solutions.